Netflix Streaming Thread 2.0

Who's the touchy one(s) here? French Lick's the one masquerading goofy opinion as critical consensus, and then going a step further by not even supporting it. I'm a dick because I call it into question and give reasons why?

If you disagree, talk about the show. Don't just get pissy and point fingers.

Back to Sons, they got Ron Perlman and Peg Bundy. I watched parts of the first and second seasons because of those two. Peg especially, I owe her that much viewership. It's great that she's got work. So I like Sons in that respect, it provides Peg Bundy a paycheck. Otherwise, there's nothing to it, especially if you're stacking it against Breaking Bad.

Breaking Bad is probably the second best television drama of all time after The Wire. These things are all opinions, but there's a huge chunk of people who feel that way.

I don't even know why they are being compared. They're both good shows, with their own pros and cons. I, myself, prefer Sons over Breaking Bad. That's just personal preference, though.

Breaking Bad is incredible. I'm not much for keeping up with weekly shows and all that, but I started it on a whim thanks to Netflix. Now my wife and I were stuck because Netflix only had through Season 3. July 15 can't come soon enough. We'll likely watch them all before July 19 when Season 5 starts on AMC. Very few shows I care enough to watch the entire series for. Arrested Development, Breaking Bad, Twin Peaks, and uh...hmm...Veep, Life is Short? Those were like 6 episode seasons. Not sure they even count.

[quote name='berzirk']Breaking Bad is incredible. I'm not much for keeping up with weekly shows and all that, but I started it on a whim thanks to Netflix. Now my wife and I were stuck because Netflix only had through Season 3. July 15 can't come soon enough. We'll likely watch them all before July 19 when Season 5 starts on AMC. Very few shows I care enough to watch the entire series for. Arrested Development, Breaking Bad, Twin Peaks, and uh...hmm...Veep, Life is Short? Those were like 6 episode seasons. Not sure they even count.[/QUOTE]

Breaking Bad Season 5 premieres the same day as Season 4 is put on netflix, It premieres July 15th. So, 13 hour marathon before the premiere is the only way :p

[quote name='simdog']Breaking Bad Season 5 premieres the same day as Season 4 is put on netflix, It premieres July 15th. So, 13 hour marathon before the premiere is the only way :p[/QUOTE]

Ahh, heh, that would be more than I can handle. I guess I'll be catching up On Demand ;)

Thanks for the info

[quote name='DestroVega']Breaking Bad is probably the second best television drama of all time after The Wire. These things are all opinions, but there's a huge chunk of people who feel that way.[/QUOTE]

never seen breaking bad but the wire was too damn real for me. i dont even get that creeped out or disturbed by horror but something about that show made it hard for me to watch. cable definelty puts network to shame with the quality of its dramas.

SoA Season 1 is better than BB Season 1 but then BB hits its stride in Seasons 2 and 3 which are absolutely incredible. I still love SoA though. Top 5 show on the air right now for me and I probably enjoy watching it a little more even though I know Breaking Bad is the better show.

[quote name='Maklershed']I'm not saying they're recommendation worthy but the new Conan movie and Immortals were just added.[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed both - neither are going down as greats but the special effect are good and they are pretty mindless to enjoy when you wanna shut your brain off. If you liked 300, you'll probably enjoy immortals although i think 300 is much better.

[quote name='Maklershed']Watched Senna today. It was a pretty great documentary and I don't even care about F1.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DestroVega']Watched Conan O'Brien Can't Stop. Fascinating.[/QUOTE]
Its been on there a while, but check out Being Elmo. Its about the guy that created and voices him. Its really freakin good. Kinda awesome seeing someone actually living their childhood dream

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Its been on there a while, but check out Being Elmo. Its about the guy that created and voices him. Its really freakin good. Kinda awesome seeing someone actually living their childhood dream[/QUOTE]

MOST DEFINITELY! Being Elmo is probably one of my top 3 documentaries of all time. Brilliant, brilliant movie. Incredibly inspirational, but then also humbling. Watched it twice, and would watch it again.

The addition of that avengers cartoon isn't just lame, it's horrifying. That cartoon was an enormous piece of shit. No, that's not even strong enough. It's quite possibly one of the worst fucking cartoons, EVER!

[quote name='elessar123']Edit: It occurred to me I don't know what Avengers cartoon is being talked about.[/QUOTE]
The Avengers cartoon from Fox that had no Iron Man, Captain America, Thor or Hulk. It was indeed terrible and everyone's design was also terrible. Did I mention terrible?

I glad I didn't let that shitty show ruin my opinion of Wasp, because I REALLY like the wasp in the new avengers cartoon.

[quote name='bardockkun']The Avengers cartoon from Fox that had no Iron Man, Captain America, Thor or Hulk. It was indeed terrible and everyone's design was also terrible. Did I mention terrible?[/QUOTE]

Why don't I remember this abomination?

Mother fucking Power Rangers Transformation Scene.

That is all you need to know about the 90's Avengers cartoon.

The dumbest thing about that show was that it was Avengers without Iron Man, Cap, Thor, or Hulk. It was basically made up of the B listers.

[quote name='Maklershed']PSA - Breaking Bad s4 gets added in the next couple of hours[/QUOTE]

it's up! such an awesome show. I can't wait for tonight's season premiere

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if there is a particular reason why they only have the first 8 seasons of Law & Order? Or is it just some random thing? Seems odd that they only have less than half the series...

Any word on wether they'll be adding other transformers series now that G1 and Beast Wars is on there? Would like to finally get to see RID in good quality....

[quote name='praxus07']Any word on wether they'll be adding other transformers series now that G1 and Beast Wars is on there? Would like to finally get to see RID in good quality....[/QUOTE]

Prime is on there.

[quote name='Maklershed']Just wanted to let Amazon Prime members know that Fringe was added to their streaming.[/QUOTE]

I know what I'll be watching after work next week. Thanks :D

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Out of curiosity, does anyone know if there is a particular reason why they only have the first 8 seasons of Law & Order? Or is it just some random thing? Seems odd that they only have less than half the series...[/QUOTE]

I don't know how you access netflix, but if I browse from my HDTV, I can only browse 100 episodes at a time. So if I'm looking at a show that ran 6 or 7 seasons, they'll typically display the first four seasons in full and then show the first and last episodes for the remaining seasons. It's possible that L&O is so big that they cut off that process at 8 seasons -- if you start watching the season 8 episodes, I would imagine later seasons will show after a while. Using the app onboard the HDTV is handy, but it's a real pain in the ass relative to the other options.

Not sure if that helps, but thought I'd mention it, in part, to confirm that others who use HDTV see something similar.

[quote name='dothog']I don't know how you access netflix, but if I browse from my HDTV, I can only browse 100 episodes at a time. So if I'm looking at a show that ran 6 or 7 seasons, they'll typically display the first four seasons in full and then show the first and last episodes for the remaining seasons. It's possible that L&O is so big that they cut off that process at 8 seasons -- if you start watching the season 8 episodes, I would imagine later seasons will show after a while. Using the app onboard the HDTV is handy, but it's a real pain in the ass relative to the other options.

Not sure if that helps, but thought I'd mention it, in part, to confirm that others who use HDTV see something similar.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help, but that's not the issue. I use my 360, PS3, and PC. For some reason, they only have the first 8 seasons. It's just weird.

[quote name='SynGamer']I know what I'll be watching after work next week. Thanks :D[/QUOTE]

I just cant watch fringe. That dawsons river kid ruins it for me.

I'm in for Rampart tonight; almost bought it because I hadn't even heard of this movie but it looks interesting. A buddy of mine told me to hold of on buying so I did, glad it's on NF now. Also, I'll probably watch the immortals. I missed it in theaters; heard it wasn't worth it so I'll judge for myself. :)

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Thanks for the help, but that's not the issue. I use my 360, PS3, and PC. For some reason, they only have the first 8 seasons. It's just weird.[/QUOTE]
Or, you know you could double check on NF's website?

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Or, you know you could double check on NF's website?[/QUOTE]

Um...not really sure what your point is. Just told you I use my PC, as well. Obviously, I am on NF's website...duh...

Captain American has been added.

Big update coming next Wednesday! Platoon, Crash: Seasons 1 and 2, Little Shop of Horrors, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Crash, National Security, Risky Business, Demolition Man, Empire Records, and more!

Super 8 and Wilfred are coming August 18th!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Scorch']Captain American has been added.

Big update coming next Wednesday! Platoon, Crash: Seasons 1 and 2, Little Shop of Horrors, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Crash, National Security, Risky Business, Demolition Man, Empire Records, and more!

Super 8 and Wilfred are coming August 18th![/QUOTE]
Looking forward to Little Shop of Horrors and Demolition Man. :D

bread's done
Back