Never feed GGT #34 after midnight

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to imagine a ban on a little menu glitch like that. That's up to them to fix.

How do people discover shit like this?

[quote name='seanr1221']How many PS3s, 360s and Wiis have you owned?[/QUOTE]

i don't remember...

i had a 360 only for about the past two years up until the beginning of the summer. Traded it for a ps3 slim. Temporarily owned a fat PS3 for NGS2 last fall. I think the one before that was temporary for MGS4.

Had a hacked wii for a bit, but it's still not fun. :lol: I'll borrow my parents' wii for Other M.

[quote name='dallow']It's hard to imagine a ban on a little menu glitch like that. That's up to them to fix.

How do people discover shit like this?[/QUOTE]
Yea, it would be like them banning those that did the Crackdown 2 glitch - at least that one took some effort to pull off.

[quote name='ninja dog']i don't remember...

i had a 360 only for about the past two years up until the beginning of the summer. Traded it for a ps3 slim. Temporarily owned a fat PS3 for NGS2 last fall. I think the one before that was temporary for MGS4.

Had a hacked wii for a bit, but it's still not fun. :lol: I'll borrow my parents' wii for Other M.[/QUOTE]

Why don't you just hold onto them? There is no way that you do not lose money.

yeah, there is a way-- by buying them used and cheap. I wouldn't say I've come out ahead, but I've been recycling the same cash for the most part. It's like renting them. Particularly when you could sell wiis above retail.

Damn, Scott Pilgrim is already tough as nails, and that's on the lowest difficulty! I was getting the shit knocked out of me until I learned Counter.

The one thing that turned me off on Scott Pilgrim, as silly as it sounds: O for Block when Square and Triangle were the 2 attack buttons. It's uncomfortable to play as. I played the demo on Medium and got to where the 3 big bullies throughout the level come in and triple team you to death. I'm guessing it's the end of the demo. One more thing: He moves REALLY slow when you don't double tap on the d-pad.

[quote name='KingBroly']The one thing that turned me off on Scott Pilgrim, as silly as it sounds: O for Block when Square and Triangle were the 2 attack buttons. It's uncomfortable to play as. I played the demo on Medium and got to where the 3 big bullies throughout the level come in and triple team you to death. I'm guessing it's the end of the demo. One more thing: He moves REALLY slow when you don't double tap on the d-pad.[/QUOTE]
That is kinda silly. I'm just glad that X was jump. I'm used to having Square and Triangle as attacks, so it didn't bother me.

I also DL'd Crash Team Racing. Man, I was more excited for that than I was for SP!

Yo, Crash Team Racing was more fun than it had any right to be. I dunno how it holds up, but it was a hell of a lot of fun like... 10 years ago.

Played Demon's Souls today after more than a month-long hiatus. I think I'm understanding it better now. It's a weird game, but I like it a lot.

I played Scott Pilgrim for 10 minutes with a controller, movement felt stiff.

Played with a joystick, felt much much better.

I like it, nice visuals, neat sound, love the throwbacks to classic games (the "Winners don't do (blank)" from the old arcade screens in the intro was a nice touch).
It's super tough, nothing is really explained like what items do, or how they affect you.
Like a classic 16 bit game.

I had never heard of the Scott Pilgrim comics before, nor do I care about the movie. But the game is fun, seems long and better with friends. Shame it isn't online.

[quote name='dallow']

I had never heard of the Scott Pilgrim comics before, nor do I care about the movie. [/QUOTE]

captain.jpg

Scott Pilgrim would be an instant pick-up for me if it had online... seriously hard for me to fathom why they would release it without online co-op in this day and age

I remember playing way more CTR than Mario Kart 64 back when they were around. Saw it came it out today on the PSN, got excited, but unsure how it holds up. Any word Beef?

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Scott Pilgrim would be an instant pick-up for me if it had online... seriously hard for me to fathom why they would release it without online co-op in this day and age[/QUOTE]

I hear you but I fucking love it.

Great game even if its been randomly freezing on me when going from pause menu to game every once in a while.

Anamanaguchi fucking kills it as expected.

[quote name='dallow']I've yet to have the game freeze on me..... *knocks on wood*.[/QUOTE]

yeah it's weird since I'm playing on a slim just like you... who knows.

It's not constant enough for me to bitch but it happens.

It's hard for me to think anyone could pass it up if they at least grew up off of NES games.

[quote name='SL4IN']I remember playing way more CTR than Mario Kart 64 back when they were around. Saw it came it out today on the PSN, got excited, but unsure how it holds up. Any word Beef?[/QUOTE]I'll let you know tomorrow after I wake up. I've been playing nothing but SP. :x

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Scott Pilgrim would be an instant pick-up for me if it had online... seriously hard for me to fathom why they would release it without online co-op in this day and age[/QUOTE]The rumor is that it was so they would be able to get it out in time for the movie release, but I don't really believe that. For what it's worth, I have no regrets about buying it.

Also, it hasn't even been out for a full 24 hours yet, and people have already found ways to max out your stats. I know I shouldn't be surprised, but I mean, what the fuck.

Paying off the late fee at the video store gets you stat boosts and extra lives for $4.95 each (in-game currency, not space bucks). Then there's Wallace's Secret Store's mega-boosts.

Double post, but whatever. Blame the PS3's character limit.

I played a couple of tracks in CTR, and it's just as good as I remember. At the very least, it's certainly aged much better than Mario Kart 64 has (ESPECIALLY graphically), and the difficulty is just right. Coco plays drastically different than how I remember, but that's probably the rust of not playing it for a few years. I'll probably hop into the adventure mode when I take a break from SP.

Speaking of which, I've had my game freeze on me a couple of times when I first downloaded it. I figured it was because I was downloading two other things while I was trying to play, so I paused the downloads and haven't had a problem since.

I'm glad they added more achievements and Steam cloud support to PvZ that makes up for the addition of the disco zombie. I tried to grab my completed save from my laptop to upload to the cloud, but Steam refused to load so I just copied it to my PSP to put on my main PC.

I'm glad that the achievements aren't just the same as the iPhone version, which include some oddly hard things to do. Beating a roof level without catapult plants might be a hard one to get.

Edit: Wow. They even changed the achievement that was about hypnotizing the Thriller zombie to be about the disco zombie.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']That is kinda silly. I'm just glad that X was jump. I'm used to having Square and Triangle as attacks, so it didn't bother me.

I also DL'd Crash Team Racing. Man, I was more excited for that than I was for SP![/QUOTE]

I think Block should be mapped to L2, or at least give me the option to map it there. Especially since a move you get uses O by tapping it. Although block is pretty much useless in this game since once you start getting hit, you can't stop getting hit until they knock you down. Some of the enemies in the demo are attack spamming jerks, especially that emo jerk.

Man, I'm really going to thave to go back and grind the first level in Scott Pilgrim. I got to Lucas Lee last night before I went to bed and he raped my ass. Not once. BUT TWICE!

Still haven't had the game freeze up on me.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Man, I'm really going to thave to go back and grind the first level in Scott Pilgrim. I got to Lucas Lee last night before I went to bed and he raped my ass. Not once. BUT TWICE!

Still haven't had the game freeze up on me.[/QUOTE]

Best advice is save all you money to pay the rental fee... after that the game gets alot easier.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Best advice is save all you money to pay the rental fee... after that the game gets alot easier.[/QUOTE]
I actually didn't go to any stores until I got to the film set and went to the little food trailer. Where is the Movie Rental store?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Great game even if its been randomly freezing on me when going from pause menu to game every once in a while.[/QUOTE]

You too? That pause menu is the fucking devil.

[quote name='distgfx']You too? That pause menu is the fucking devil.[/QUOTE]

who the fuck pauses games? seriously. :razz:
j/k, I do all the time... but not usually PSN games. more like FF13.

random story:
I had one rented one of the SNES star wars games -- those didn't have saves, if I remember correctly, so I ended up pausing and leaving it on for like 10 hours while I went to the mall and saw a movie with friends and such. Came back later that night, fired it up, and beat it. Then again, SNES cartridges seemed much more stable than a lot of the crap we have today... like 3DDGH which freezes randomly if you've installed it to the HDD.

Classic Controller Pro is awesome. Well worth it if you play a lot of VC or traditional wii games. Probably nintendo's best designed controller yet. Only could wish for 6 buttons on the face.

Waiting for scott pilgrim on xbla. Only have one PS3 controller and I'm not buying a new one for a $10 game. My girlfirend likes those sidescrolling beat-em-ups so maybe she'll play.

[quote name='jer7583']Waiting for scott pilgrim on xbla. Only have one PS3 controller and I'm not buying a new one for a $10 game. My girlfirend likes those sidescrolling beat-em-ups so maybe she'll play.[/QUOTE]

FANBOI!
j/k

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Man, I'm really going to thave to go back and grind the first level in Scott Pilgrim. I got to Lucas Lee last night before I went to bed and he raped my ass. Not once. BUT TWICE![/QUOTE]

Once you learn how to counter, he gets a LOT easier. The only thing you really have to watch out for are those skateboarding jerks he summons.

The video rental store is the first store you see in the Shopping District, I believe. Just walk towards the door. Wallace's Secret Shop is a better bargain though, since you have to pay the rental fee with each character, while with Wallace you only have to buy each boost a couple of times to max out.

And before you ask, Wallace's Shop is right after the Shopping District, just as you enter the tunnel. You'll see a lone guy in a brown coat, and on the wall behind him there'll be a black star. Walk into the star, and you'll find the shop.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Once you learn how to counter, he gets a LOT easier. The only thing you really have to watch out for are those skateboarding jerks he summons.

The video rental store is the first store you see in the Shopping District, I believe. Just walk towards the door. Wallace's Secret Shop is a better bargain though, since you have to pay the rental fee with each character, while with Wallace you only have to buy each boost a couple of times to max out.

And before you ask, Wallace's Shop is right after the Shopping District, just as you enter the tunnel. You'll see a lone guy in a brown coat, and on the wall behind him there'll be a black star. Walk into the star, and you'll find the shop.[/QUOTE]
Thanks found it! I found Wallace's place, too, I'm just having a buyer's dilemma between what to buy. I have 317.30 after about an hour of grinding for cash.

Gooddamn, Scott Pilgrim has shitty glitches! I keep trying to go back to the first level and it won't fucking pause and the characters all keep freezing! This has happened 5 times in a row and I've restarted my PS3 twice. Gaddamn Ubi needs to release a patch!

Who could have guessed that an Ubisoft game could be a buggy mess?

In another weird decision by Crystal D, the Lara Croft game is just under 2 GB because they wanted to use up all of the space that Microsoft allows for an XBLA game. They didn't say it was because they had a ton of content or assets to make use of that much space, so they probably just didn't compress much of anything unless they were over the 2 GB limit.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Who could have guessed that an Ubisoft game could be a buggy mess?[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Did anybody else notice that Adobe Flash was mentioned in the credits?

The worst bug I've ever seen in a game was Ubisoft's first Naruto game, where the game would freeze when you'd die if you downloaded the free Japanese VA DLC, which anybody would because it's free and you'd like to have the option. I was about to give up until I found out on some forum that it was due to the DLC that everybody downloaded. They never released a traditional patch for it, but put the fix in the free compatability version of their first character DLC pack instead. I was lucky that I had gotten the game from Gamefly a few months after it came out, so I avoided the wait others had to endure before the fix came out.

Most of the buggy Ubisoft games I've played came out of Ubisoft Montreal (Both Naruto games and Assassin's Creed). Guess who made the Scott Pilgrim game?

I was going to play Scott Pilgrim with my lady friend but unlike Castle Crashers, I think this would be way too hard for her.

[quote name='distgfx']This is the reason they exist.
image.php
[/QUOTE]

If ubi made a Gremlins kart racer, I would buy it.
Three weeks later when it dropped to 20 bucks

Anyone playing monday night combat? I'm pretty hyped for it. Looks really fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back