Nevermind... (previously: What to do about old magazines?)

Vinny

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
I have a ton of old mags.. EGMs, Ultra/Game Players, Game Republic, Nintendo Power, as well as tons of other stuff like Car & Driver, Motor Trend, ToyFare and Wizard.

I want to get rid of most of them but can't find a logical way to do it. Our libraries won't take them because they have a ton already most are too old for them to carry. I doubt anybody would want to buy them (though I'd sell them for shipping costs, media mail most likely).

I don't want to throw them away because... well, it just seems like a waste. Can I just recycle 'em?

Already found an interested party, read my second post.:lol:

Don't you have a recycling bin that goes out with the trash, but another truck comes to pick it up? That's what I do..

Try to post an ad on Craigslist for free magazines. That's what I did to clear out my old Nintendo Powers and Highlight mags (I was a kid!)

Try to find a recycling place. That the easiest way. Plus, you kind of feel good for a little while afterwards.

[quote name='Vinny']I have a ton of old mags.. EGMs, Ultra/Game Players, Game Republic, Nintendo Power, as well as tons of other stuff like Car & Driver, Motor Trend, ToyFare and Wizard.

I want to get rid of most of them but can't find a logical way to do it. Our libraries won't take them because they have a ton already most are too old for them to carry. I doubt anybody would want to buy them (though I'd sell them for shipping costs, media mail most likely).

I don't want to throw them away because... well, it just seems like a waste. Can I just recycle 'em?[/QUOTE]

I'll take all your old mags, LMK.

I got a call from a friend of my brother's (all the way from Iowa) who said he'd really like them so I went ahead and agreed to it. He said that my brother would just pick them up from here next time he comes to visit and take them back to his place, and the guy would just get the from my brother. He's said he'd pay me $20 for the mags and $10 to my brother for picking them up. But I think I'll just let my brother keep the money because I'm estimating 450+ mags and the box weighs about 113 pounds according to our electronic weight scale.

Sorry to anyone interest but no way in hell am I going to bother packing all those mags now...

I remember I had a (GamePro?) Magazine that was Previewing a Final Fantasy Game for the Nintendo 64 . Alas the game was never made....but do you think that could've been worth something?

Who knows, I lost that magazine years ago.:wall:

OP: We all seem to reach a that moment when we have 3,000 magazines in various stacks around our living spaces...

I would recommend what the others said, recycle the magazines you don't need. Most recent issues have been crap. But at the same time, save the ones you like/want, and CERTAINLY save the demo CDs that came along with them. For example, throw away EGM Issue #WhateverTheCrap previewing Xbox 360 games but save OPM's 100th issue.. or something.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck... Parting is such sweet sorrow.

I've got a ton of old EGMs that I never go back and look at but I've been keeping them anyway... maybe it's time to throw them away. I've also got a ton of old Playboys but those never get old. :D

[quote name='musicnoteless']I remember I had a (GamePro?) Magazine that was Previewing a Final Fantasy Game for the Nintendo 64 . Alas the game was never made....but do you think that could've been worth something?

Who knows, I lost that magazine years ago.:wall:[/QUOTE]

I've still got a copy of Game Players with a screenshot of that in a 'which next-gen system should you buy' article. (Someone told me later it was an adaption of another FF, but I really don't know one way or that other.)

Just trash 'em, not to change to a topic more approriate for the controversy board, but Recylcing is a bigger waste then garbage.

[quote name='Vinny']I have a ton of old mags.. EGMs, Ultra/Game Players, Game Republic, Nintendo Power, as well as tons of other stuff like Car & Driver, Motor Trend, ToyFare and Wizard.

I don't want to throw them away because... well, it just seems like a waste. Can I just recycle 'em?[/quote]

Depending on what you want for them I might be interested. I could throw a little cash (I don't have much right now)or some games from my list your way. If you are interested, please give me a list of the mags you have if possible.

Javeryh, if you ever decide to throw your mags away, let me know before you do it. *edit* And I mean the EGMS, not the Playboys, lol.

I have quite a few EGMS (and other mags) but I am always looking to complete my collections. I just need to gather a list of what I have.

bread's done
Back