New 4-game trade in offers at EB (DOA Online, NFL Street, Pokemon Stadium)

D Hogan

CAG Veteran
EB Games is on a roll with these offers. First Ninja Gaiden, then Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, and now this.

The latest issue of GMR magazine (Feb. 04) has a coupon about 10 pages in for the following offer:

"Choose any game(s) below FREE when you trade-in 4 non-sport Playstation 2, Xbox, or Gamecube games per game purchased:

- NFL Street (PS2, Xbox, GC)
- Dead or Alive Online (Xbox)
- Pokemon Colosseum (GC)

Limit one per title per customer. Cannot be combined with any other trade-in offer or promotion. Not valid on previous purchases. Coupon must be present at time of purchase. No rain checks will be issued. No duplicate titles. Boxes and instructions must be included. Customer is responsible for sales tax in some states. Typographical errors are not the responsibility of EB Games. Some exclusions may apply. See sales associate for complete details. Offer valid 1/6/04 to 2/6/04".

I don't do sports games and could not care less about Pokemon Colosseum, but will definitely be picking up DOA Online. Keep the $5 games coming, CC!

added by cheapyd
Scan of coupon (thanks, KingToyenY2)

Again I guess this all depends on the EB near you. Some people have gotten lucky and traded in some crap games for NFL Street. I want NFL Street really bad for my cube or ps2 but it looks like there are a ton of games on that POX list. Ill wait till NFL Street is in the 25-35 dollar range. A store about an hour away (FRYS ELECTRONICS) had it the week it came out i think for 39.99.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Checkout "Official XBOX Magz" Feb. Issue Page 43 (They have coupon say: Trade in Any 4 games for FREE any game ($49.99 value)

Free game: Ninja Gaiden, Fable, Halo 2 :)[/quote]

The EB in Arcadia is where I traded mine. Total trade-in value of $3 or so and I got NFL Street :D

I just got off the phone with my EB. I asked the guy about the deal and he said that as long as its not a sports game and I have the coupon I can bring any game I want. Looks like I'll be going in a little bit... :eek:

can anyone tell me any preorders i can do this 4-for-1 deal?

I have enough to do three trade ins, and want to get rid of them now. I will likely get NFL Street and Ninja Gaiden... but i'd rather use my target rainchecks for that, so ... ???

I heard that fable and halo 2 are some titles that are listed in OXM as a coupon for EB (4 non sports titles). I think there is one more, but since I haven't received mine yet I'll just have to wait plus there is a coupon in GMR for this type of deal for DOA Online.

[quote name='asianxcore']anyone know if they will take either

Max Payne
Shinobi
Tony Hawk Underground[/quote]

I wouldn't trade in THUG...just go out and buy a cheap $10 game and keep THUG

[quote name='Shayde'][quote name='asianxcore']anyone know if they will take either

Max Payne
Shinobi
Tony Hawk Underground[/quote]

I wouldn't trade in THUG...just go out and buy a cheap $10 game and keep THUG[/quote]

I was thinking of trading it in just because it bores me kind of, and I was thinking of maybe trading THUG in for like Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando or NFL Street and just pay the difference. But if they take Max Payne and Shinobi and can point out 2 games under 10 bucks in their store I can trade in, I'd be down with that too.

Anybody know if this deal is working in Canada? I know they ahve GMR mag's at the computers, but dont know if the coupon is good for Canada...

I think it should be valid in Canada because if ya zoom in on the scan of the coupon, it shows the price of it in Canada as $59.99. It'd be weird of them to print that but have the trade-in deal only in the States...

San Rafael, California EB GAMES

I traded in:

Shinobi (PS2)
Gungrave (PS2)
Def Jam Vendetta (Gamecube)
Max Payne (PS2)

and got a brand spankin' new copy of NFL STREET for the PS2

I also traded in Tony Hawk Underground and Capcom Vs. SNK 2:EO (Gamecube), for 30 bucks in credit, got Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando, paid the 12 dollar difference.

so all in all

5 bucks for the magazine (for the coupon)
3 bucks in tax for NFL STREET
12 dollars for Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando

= 20 bucks :). both games were new copies too sealed and everything.

Not sure if this is mentioned, but hte latest issue of OXM has a coupon for Fable. Trade 4 games and get Fable, you know the drill

I just pre-ordered Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (GCN) for $16.98 & 1 Game. Here's what I did.

So I called my local EBX to confirm they were still doing the offer. Also, they are currently doing a "Buy 2 Preowned Games/DVDs, Get 1 Free."

So I found the cheapest non-sports games they had. I bought Half-Life (PS2) for $8.99, Portal Runner (PS2) for $7.99, and got Mad Maestro (PS2) for FREE (Preowned Price: $8.99). That total is $16.98.

I also brought along my own Aqua Aqua (PS2, Preowned Price: $9.99, Trade-In Value: $0.25). I took that, along with the 3 games I just got from them, and traded them right back to EBX. It was so easy and hassle free. Now I'm left with a claim slip for a new copy of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles & GBA-GCN Link Cable.

TIPS:
Call ahead to see if they have any other exclusions besides sports games (my EBX didn't).
The cheapest non-sports games are $7.99. Try to find 3 of them and your total will be $15.98.
Make sure you bring in one of your own used games.

It's quite simple really, and well worth it.

asianxcore

so all in all

=============================

Did you know you can get GMR magazine Subcription at Ebgames for $10 plus 10% -25% for Pre-Owed games instead 1 issue of GMR for $5.00.

If you still have the Receipt... returned it & ask for the subcription :)

[quote name='Masterkyo']asianxcore

so all in all

=============================

Did you know you can get GMR magazine Subcription at Ebgames for $10 plus 10% -25% for Pre-Owed games instead 1 issue of GMR for $5.00.

If you still have the Receipt... returned it & ask for the subcription :)[/quote]

haha yea I knew about that. thanks. the guy who worked there offered me that, and I said I'd come back if I liked the magazine. thanks for the heads up though.

I've seen people wanting to trade in some games I want...
I got NFL Street right here anybody want it? What 4 games will you offer me.

I'll trade you Zone of the Enders, Fellowship of the Ring, Frogger something, and Metal Gear Solid 2.

Oh yeah total value= less than $30

OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

bread's done
Back