New Amazon Customer Vote - goodbye Prime, hello Zune!

PKRipp3r

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
T.M.X. Tickle Me Elmo
$39.99 $30.00 (2,000 units at this price)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ETRE0Q/103-4877384-8171033
Zune 30 GB Digital Media Player
$229.95 $90.00 (1,000 units at this price)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FMZE7W/103-4877384-8171033
WowWee Roboreptile Robotic Reptile
$69.99 $20.00 (2,000 units at this price)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ENW5Q0/103-4877384-8171033
George Foreman 10-Burger Jumbo Grill
$49.99 $5.00 (2,000 units at this price)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BI002E/103-4877384-8171033

I voted for the Zune

(sorry if this has already been posted, i searched for 'Amazon Vote' and didn't see it)

http://promotions.amazon.com/gp/holiday/cv/homepage/103-4877384-8171033

I have a terrible feeling some idiots are going to vote for $10 off a tickle me elmo rather than way over half off the Zune or grill (heck, $5 might not be a bad deal on that at all).

Wish Prime was still on there, I would have loved to get it. Maybe Amazon was afraid it was going to win sooner or later :D

Maybe they were afraid people actually would.

I love my iPod, and I'd never normally get a Zune, but hey, for that price I might as well I guess. I'm going to check with my mom first though and see if she'd like that grill :D

OMG a Zune for $90! Please let it win!

I bet idiots will vote for the grill. I will definitley have some speedy ass fingers if the Zune wins. :)

Shit, a Zune for $90. I hope I win it.

That is a great deal on the grill so people that aren't into portable music will vote for that.

I voted for the Zune, but now that I think about it, I might've been better off with the $5 Grill. Either are good deals.

I voted for the grill, but it doesn't really look like it has a chance of winning.

[quote name='himsahealer']OMG a Zune for $90! Please let it win!

I bet idiots will vote for the grill. I will definitley have some speedy ass fingers if the Zune wins. :)[/quote]

Its random now, not first come first serve.

Don't know whether to vote for the grill or the Zune. I'd rather have an iPod though the Zune is cool. And a $5 grill? How can you go wrong? Yeah, since its randomated, I might have a better chance at the grill cuz they have twice the units.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I have a terrible feeling some idiots are going to vote for $10 off a tickle me elmo rather than way over half off the Zune or grill (heck, $5 might not be a bad deal on that at all).[/quote]
it looks like the pricing is wrong on the first page, the elmo toy is originally priced at $130 NOT $40 like it says on the first page. so by this i'm assuming anyone hoping for the zune can kiss it goodbuy.

correcion, Damian is right, i thought that the "add to shopping cart" price was from amazon, and it's from some collectors paradise, my bad

[quote name='himsahealer']OMG a Zune for $90! Please let it win!

I bet idiots will vote for the grill. I will definitley have some speedy ass fingers if the Zune wins. :)[/quote]

I guess Im an idiot because i voted for the Grill. Do i care about a digital media player? No. Do I care about grilling 10 hamburgers at a time for $5? Yes. :)

[quote name='CyberTrick']it looks like the pricing is wrong on the first page, the elmo toy is originally priced at $130 NOT $40 like it says on the first page. so by this i'm assuming anyone hoping for the zune can kiss it goodbuy.[/QUOTE]
No, the TMX Elmo has a retail price of $40. You're seeing it for $130 because it's sold out and listing what's available from other sellers. If you're old enough to remember the Tickle Me Elmo frenzy from 10 years ago, this is it all over again. TMX Elmos are sold out as soon as they hit the shelves and are going for over $100 on eBay. If you don't care about the Zune, vote for the Elmo and you're guaranteed to be able to flip it for big bucks, especially as Christmas gets closer.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']So there is a lottery for the item that does win, and the people who vote for the items that didnt win get nothing?[/QUOTE]
No. Please read the terms, it's not complex.

[quote name='schuerm26']I guess Im an idiot because i voted for the Grill. Do i care about a digital media player? No. Do I care about grilling 10 hamburgers at a time for $5? Yes. :)[/QUOTE]

I find your argument appealing and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. Voted for the grill!

[quote name='schuerm26']I guess Im an idiot because i voted for the Grill. Do i care about a digital media player? No. Do I care about grilling 10 hamburgers at a time for $5? Yes. :)[/quote]

I'd rather listen to some beats then clog my arteries. :)

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']So there is a lottery for the item that does win, and the people who vote for the items that didnt win get nothing?[/QUOTE]I'm wondering this, too. Were losing items still purchasable at a different discount last time? I want to get a TMX Elmo for my bf's niece.

And as somebody already mentioned, this is not a video game deal.

Edited to add: nm, read the Amazon page.

[quote name='himsahealer']I'd rather listen to some beats then clog my arteries. :)[/QUOTE]
I have an mp3 player (that doesn't suck like a Zune) and I have a George Foreman grill. What I don't have is a way to extort soccer moms who wil pay anything to get their screaming brats to shut up. It's possible I could flip a Zune for more, but there's twice as many TMX Elmos. I haven't voted yet, still thinking about it.

Wrong thread. No mac compatibility, crappy file system, bullshit file protection=fuck zune.

Really sexy though, if you can stand selling your soul.

If the run up price for the TMX Elmo is still below the $40 then it is steal a deal. However the Zune is leading the vote with 57.4% and the next closest is 25.4% for the grill

[quote name='Damian']I have an mp3 player (that doesn't suck like a Zune) and I have a George Foreman grill. What I don't have is a way to extort soccer moms who wil pay anything to get their screaming brats to shut up. It's possible I could flip a Zune for more, but there's twice as many TMX Elmos. I haven't voted yet, still thinking about it.[/quote]

I have a video iPod and it sucks. I also have a 60GB Creative Zen, it's pretty nice. I just like the look of the Zune better.

[quote name='himsahealer']I'd rather listen to some beats then clog my arteries. :)[/QUOTE]

You know, the rest of the name of the grill is "Lean Mean Fat-Reducing Grilling Machine."

[quote name='Dranakin']You know, the rest of the name of the grill is "Lean Mean Fat-Reducing Grilling Machine."[/QUOTE]

Thats is the appeal of those grills, a good bit of the fat drains out... I knew there had to be an obligatory "clogging of the arteries" comment

Dont need or want a zune being a mac user... have a Foreman... probably will not even vote

[quote name='Dranakin']You know, the rest of the name of the grill is "Lean Mean Fat-Reducing Grilling Machine."[/quote]

Red meat still clogs arteries no matter how much fat you knock out of it. :)

[quote name='guessed']I voted for the $5 PS3. Oh, crap, that's a grill? Is it too late to change my vote?[/quote]Lol, at first, I was like "WTF? A silver PS3??"

I'd pay 90 bucks for a Zune so yeah I voted for that. If I didn't have a foreman already it might have made that decision a little harder but those things are onsale like all the time, albeit not for 5 bucks, so Zune and lots of luck for some amazon random love.

But it knocks out the fat! How can you go wrong? That thing is a beast.

I voted for the ZUNE! I hope I win a chance to buy that thing. 90 bucks for a 30gb mp3 player is great!

I voted for the ellipticle last week and was picked to buy one at $200. It will be a great present for the parents.

It's random and a billion people participate so it's difficult to be picked. The zune is definitely going to win. I think the best strategy is to pick your second favorite thing, because they still offer almost as a good of a deal on that product, but only if you voted for it.

This is tough, the zune is a great deal but my chances of getting one are really slim. I could use a bigger george foreman and my chances are four times higher, although who knows what the runner up price will be (still probably worth it) or I could go for the TMX which will give me twice the chance of getting it as the foreman and I could sell it for a nice profit (the runner up price will still be under $40).

I think I'll check back sunday night and if the zune is still over 2x more votes than george I'll go for the grill.

This is not a video game deal.

Yeah, well, it's close enough. I wouldn't be surprised if they offered 'Pop Cap'-type games and whatnot, a la the games available on iTunes, and I'm pretty confident that Microsoft will work the Zune into the 'Live Anywhere' scheme eventually. I'm also pretty sure it'll interface with the 360 more completely than the iPod. Goin' out on a limb there.

[quote name='himsahealer']I have a video iPod and it sucks. I also have a 60GB Creative Zen, it's pretty nice. I just like the look of the Zune better.[/QUOTE]

I have a 5.5G iPod and I love it. Way better than my old one. It does everything the Zune does, but is less than half the size, supports more open formats like MPEG4 versions rather than just Windows Media, and iTunes has a built-in podcast agregator.

I've been surprised by how much I've used it for video too. I convert stuff off my Tivo for it usually a few times a week.

B000BI002E.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V36251029_.jpg

3366_3.jpg

ahh nevermind.... ;)

bread's done
Back