NEW auction site....alternative to EBAY

The referral system "bug" was found and squashed. The software uses some files for multiple things, and that portion was getting added into the members area improperly. This has been fixed, and you will no longer see it there!

Thanks for your understanding!

Also, it should be noted that referrals were appropriately applied, so dont worry for this months (and next months combined) contest. Everyone's referrals still count!

Jasen

Chakan,

There is a safety feature regarding the registration email and payment emails. When they do not match, a manual verification by an Admin is required. This feature is to prevent fraud and abuse of the service GameGavel provides and to ensure the safety of its users.

Your account has been verified.

Enjoy GameGavel!

Jasen

Looks interesting enough and it'd be another place I could get my games from other than ebay... ah what the hell *signs up* I'm curious to how it is.

I must sincerely apologize, for the lack of keeping everyone updated regarding GameGavel.com over the past 2 weeks. I have been playing globetrotter going between Italy, and the UK for work.

Did you know that GameGavel.com allows you to conduct your auctions FREE, for a small one-time $1 verification fee? No need for expensive "Lifetime Memberships" like other sites to get this perk!

Did you know that we are running a contest where you can win a Nintendo DS by simply using GameGavel.com and by referring your friends?

Did you know that we are going to give away $500 to one of our lucky verified sellers the day we reach 1000 verified sellers at GameGavel.com?

Did you know we have already given out prizes worth over $150 to our members?

How do we do this? It's simple, a TRUE alternative to ebay has to offer you something that eBay doesn't... and plainly put, that is NO FEEs to list and sell your items. I am able to do this, because I am willing to make the personal investment for the betterment of the community with a little help from simple, clean, relevant ads on the home page and soon within the Auction Update Emails that you get! No gimmicks, nothing more than simple hardwork and a great feel for the community.

There are no ambitions to get rich at GameGavel.com, that's one reason I went the route of having free auctions. The other reason is, we are all tired of paying fees to sell our stuff! It is that simple!

The reality of the situation is this, in the past Game Auction sites didn't survive. The history is available within this very thread to prove it. That is of course, until now. I have learned that their mistakes have been my learning points on how to make GameGavel.com the most successful Gaming Auction Site on the Internet.

WWW.GAMEGAVEL.COM

It is going to fail like vgauctions that some how dissapeared out of nowhere?

It has to be a universal auction site. Also there is a kind of loop hole in it which I am not going to point out that could cripple gamegaval which sadly I cannot take advantage of.

Did you know that GameGavel.com gives you a lifetime membership for selling your auctions FREE, for a small one-time $1 verification fee?

Did you know that the chances of this website surviving is slim to nil and if you get one million people to sign up you will make one million dollars ( -fees of your account ) ?

Did you know one million people versus $500 is like nothing in the barrel?

Hmm chances of winning the lottery hmm hmm hmm.........I wonder wonder wonderland?

It is going to fail like vgauctions that some how dissapeared out of nowhere?

It has to be a universal auction site. Also there is a kind of loop hole in it which I am not going to point out that could cripple gamegaval which sadly I cannot take advantage of.

Redie, I am not sure your motivation t o bring such negativity to my website that was designed to help build a great alternative to eBay at practically 0 long term cost to the end users.

I appreciate your thoughts, but I think there may be a more positive and constructive way to express yourself.

In any case, thanks for the free bump.

Did you know we have already given out prizes worth over $150 to our members?

List?

playing globetrotter going between Italy, and the UK for work

I am sorry I live in USA. Playing Globetrotter is not tittertotting between these would be countries sharing a currency. Your not Ryu & Ken or even those two Tiger Tamers who I forget the name at the moment.

How do we do this?

You run a website that is fast enough to go worldwide, your money is worth more in the US and $100 looks like a lotta money to a US person, you know people hate paypal, you know gamers ( customers ) shop on the internet and has a high net usage, you know that making a trade site that offers release from fee's will make anybody flock, and most importantly you know that people ( game users ) keep on bitching " I wish there was a place were we could trade games"

I have a question.

If this website blows over and turns stale will we get back our dollar?
Or your just going to run to the Dragons and show how you made one million american dollars and turned it into one million British Pounds?

I would like to see you do that right now. Go on that show and petition for
( what will make your tradesite successful and I am not going to say ) your movement, promotion-self, or whatever you call it.

I will do something nice I will click a ad just for the fun of it. Maybe even the popup add afterwards. Yeah we are tired of Ebailing but who wants to stop Ebailing?

In honor of Memorial Day, I have increased the Sign Up Bonus to $20. This will run until Tuesday, May 27.

If the site is free to use, why have money in an account? To feature your auctions on the front page, and bump them up to the top of the Categories of course! Great auctions deserve the most coverage, and you can ensure that by using a very modestly priced Feature Option. Everything is free at GameGavel except the Featuring Options, so why not give it a try! With the extra Sign Up Bonus.. you can feature more than ever... now for FREE!

www.gamegavel.com

Ok everyone... I am calling on those folks who have been waiting for more people and more auctions to be available at GameGavel before signing up. You know who you are!

There are 275 People signed up as of 0300 this morning. And 272 Auctions going... some are amazing auctions too!

There is an exclusive CAG Contest, where you can win a FREE GAME just by signing up!

There is the 5-5-5 Contest, where you can win a FREE GAME by selling 5 items, buying 5 items, or referring 5 friends!

There is the $500 lucky user contest, where one lucky verified seller will win $500! Once we get 1000 verified sellers, we will hold the drawing!

And don't forget.... GAMEGAVEL is FREE! No Listing Fees, No Final Value Fees. The only time you pay is when you feature your auctions or take advantage of our very low priced upgrade options (highlight, bold, category or homepage feature). And, if you want the deal to be sweeter.... We give $10 when you sign up so you can TRY all of the features out for FREE!

There was new and important change to GameGavel's Verification Process for selling items. We are going to change it up a bit, and remove the restriction to verify your account before selling. For the most part, this won’t affect many of sellers, and your account will continue to show that you are verified. This helps potential customers know that you indeed not a “bum” seller and have gone through the small process in ensuring we know you are legitimate at GameGavel!

This change mostly affects the buyers out there and their decision to purchase from a particular seller and if the verified account matters or no. So, if you have been on the fence when it comes to selling or listing some items, now you can absolutely free! Just make sure you link your other feedback to ensure people know they are dealing with good people

Here are some fun facts about GameGavel right now:

412 Current Live Auctions!

2058 Auctions Listed at GameGavel since Launch!

317 USERS, Which is up 115 from 3 weeks ago!

24,000 Unique Page Views

Over 7 Mins of average browsing time per person!

WWW.GAMEGAVEL.COM

Don't miss out on the newest episode of "Let the Gavel Fall", where I discuss some exciting new auctions coming to GameGavel.com! NintendoAge will be auctioning off #3 of 50 of the Nintendo Age Nintendo World Championship reproduction carts! Fully boxed, new, and realistic to every detail this is going to be a great item! Also, RedSpotGames has joined the GameGavel.com team and will be using GameGavel.com to sell their games in auctions exclusively! RedSpot is one of the last Dreamcast devlopers out there, and I am proud that they have decided to use GameGavel.com to sell their games!

Episode 2: Exciting Auctions

"Come on in, Register today!" Contest - Winner Announced October 1, 2008

Refer your friends, family, neighbors, acquaintances, and random people on the street to Game Gavel and earn CASH! No Gift Cards, No secrets, No games... cash! Here's how this one will work: Starting July 30 we have 384 users on Game Gavel! As this number grows, I will ad $.25 to a jar for every ONE person that joins the site. On October 1, 2008 I will determine how many new people have joined and figure out how much the prize will be. One out of all of the people registered (vets and rookies) at Game Gavel will be pulled out of the digital hat (the bucket as previously seen in Game Gavel videos may be too small) and I will send them the jar of coins (not actually a jar of coins, maybe a couple of bills instead to save on shipping). Minimum prize is $10, Maximum prize.... it's up to you!

http://www.gamegavel.com

Sweet new contest, I will have to add some new and exciting items to sell the the new customers!!

This morning I logged in to check www.GameGavel.com and I was pleasantly surprised by a bunch of new Turbo Grafx stuff posted for sale! It's not just regular loose HuCards or loose CD's.... I am talking about COMPLETE games with spine cards and everything! Pretty good stuff!
If you are a TG collector or even the hobbyist, you probably want to check the latest auctions out!

I am glad to see the diversity of GameGavel's auctions. With all of the categories and all of the various platforms covered, GameGavel is doing very well to have a little bit of something for everyone... not a lot of ONE thing for everyone. It's a great thing!

http://www.gamegavel.com

It's about that time... to announce the winners for the $.99 Selling Bonanza Contest! Here was the breakdown of the winners of this great contest:

1. Most Items Listed: DefaultGen!
2. Item with the Most Bids: DefaultGen!
3. Item with the Highest End Price: Game Shack!

The Contest Ended September 1, 2008! DefaultGen will receive a $75 Gift Certificate to Amazon.com and Game Shack will receive a $25 Gift Certificate to Amazon.com.

Congrats to all of the winners!

As usual, www.GameGavel.com has contests going on continuously! Don't forget about the "Come on in and Register Today!" contest, where you can win cold hard cash simply by joining the free Video Game Auction site.

To date, www.GameGavel.com has given away some great stuff including: 2 Nintendo DS Systems, 5 Brand New Games, a boxed NES system, and $100 in Amazon Gift Cards. We love rewarding our users for trying something other than eBay!

What about Promotion? Well, to keep getting the name www.GameGavel.com out, we have hired 2 new promoters to continue pushing the www.GameGavel.com name. eBay has just announced some "great" new policies that really hit the pocket books for the video game crowd. You will pay up to 15% in Final Value Fees, and a flat $.15 for every insertion. Money Order payments are going away and will no longer be allowed, and there is a new max shipping price you can charge. You have heard of Big Government imposing its will on citizens, well eBay is imposing its will on its customers! With the addition of promoters and the new eBay policies, www.GameGavel.com is the clear choice alternative!

Quit paying fees, it's so last decade!

Finally, I am proud to reveal the latest additon to the www.GameGavel.com community. The GameGavel.com Video Game Radio Station! 24 hours a day Video Game Music for everyone to enjoy! Check it out here:

http://www.shoutcast.com/sbin/shoutcast-playlist.pls?rn=606501&file=filename.pls

GameGavel - www.gamegavel.com - The Free Video Game Auction Site!

I think the pure quality of the user base is a big plus for GameGavel.com. There is a lot of good stuff and a lot of good buyers and sellers. Plus, with a couple of the folks that recently joined... there is A LOT of GREAT Import items! PC Engines, Neo-Geo CDs, FAMICOM, SUPER FAMICOM, A Panasonic Q, etc. If you haven't checked it out lately, there is some really great items up for auction.

And, DONT FORGET! There is still 3 days left in the "Come On In, Register today!" Contest. I am giving away cash to one of the lucky members of GameGavel.com!

Stop in today! Where the auctions are always free, not just cheaper than eBay!

www.GameGavel.com

And... check the radio station out at: http://radio.gamegavel.com playing the best from all genre's of video game music!

Game Gavel just got another face lift and a lot of additional features on the site. Sporting a new slick look and a lot of great new features to boot we invite you to check out the latest version of the site. We aimed to bring the previous layout and theme up to date and make things a bit easier to navigate! Is this the final stance for the site? Absolutely not! We are always aiming to improve the site and add functionality. Interested in the new functions the site has to offer? Make sure you check out the forums on the website for more information on all of the new functions!

Game Gavel Radio

Last month, Game Gavel Radio was born. Featuring music from all genre’s of gaming you can listen to either the 128K or 64K streams based on your bandwidth. Take a listen while you shop!

Game Gavel’s Come on in, Register Today! Contest Winner

Congrats to Ryborg, this contests winner. He won $20.75 just for being a member at GameGavel.com!

Game Gavel’s Christmas Contest

As seen on the home page: Game Gavel wants to give you a Playstation 3. That's right! For one lucky Game Gavel user, Christmas is going to come early! Between now and December 1, 2008 GameGavel.com is having another contest. This one will be the last one in 2008, so we had to make it great! How do you enter? Well, since the prize is going to the biggest yet, we decided to make it interesting:

1. List 50 NEW auctions.
2. Sell 25 Items.
3. Buy 10 Items.
4. Refer 10 People.

Additionally, randomly through out the months of October and November we are going to pick a random person from all of the users. We will post that user selected either here on the home page or on the forums. That lucky person will have 24 hours to contact us to be entered in the contest!

Wait! There's more!

If Game Gavel reaches 1000 users during the contest OR 3500 auctions listed at any one time, the prize will get better! We will add an HDMI cable, a Dual Shock 3 Controller, and the brand new Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe game!

There are multiple ways to enter, so everyone can enter more than once!

Sweet!! Someone is going to be very happy to get that PS3, MY friend bougth one yesterday and it has some pretty sweet Multimedia Capbilities.

Happy Birthday GameGavel.com! On February 23, 2009 GameGavel.com turns 1! To celebrate we are kicking off another great contest season. In order to promote the website and achieve our goal of 3000+ users by the end of the year we are giving away a free XBox or PS2 game this go around. Join GameGavel.com today or refer one friend to the site using the special link within the Auction Control Panel to be eligible. On March 15, 2009 one lucky new registrant or referrer will be chosen to receive their choice between a random XBox or PS2 game!
The winner will be notified via eMail and will have 5 days to reply, or another winner will be chosen.

bread's done
Back