NEW Best Buy Clearance Games YMMV, but your BB may have their own clearance titles.

Pa7ronSain7

CAG Veteran
The best buy close to me (I dont know about other stores, It should be nation wide?) is having a bunch of games on clearance... These are only the titles I remember, there are a WHOLE lot more

Xbox360

Eternal Sonata - $15
Dirt - $?? (under 20)
All-pro Football 2ksports - $15
Halo 3 legendary edition (with helmet) - $40

PS3

NHL 2k8 -$15
Fifa street 2008 -$15
The Club -$15
Blacksite Area 51 -$15
NBA 2k8 -$15
Conflict: Denied Ops -$15
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 Collectors edition - $20

Wii

Battalion Wars - $15

There are a LOT more titles, these are MAYBE a 1/5th of what the have. A lot of Wii games, whole bunch of 360, A few PSP games and I believe some DS games. Everything was 50% off the marked price, and the marked price was already knocked down quite a bit. Any question, let me know... some REALLY good deals goin on!

EDIT: Folks this is a YMMV clearance. Your local BBs may have marked these or other games, but there's no guarantee.

[quote name='yukafls']Did you see R6V LE for the 360???[/quote]

Yes, I'm pretty sure I did. I believe it was yellow dotted. The PS3 version was listed at $69.99, so if the 360 version was the same it would have put it at $35.00 not $20.00 like the OP stated.

[quote name='Ragekod']Let me know if you have any luck at Avondale, I'm in phoenix visiting and wouldn't mind taking a drive to get Eternal Sonata for dirt cheap. Let me know if there's any PS3 drops as well. Thanks in advance.[/quote]

Well I visited the Avondale store (99th Ave & McDowell). Their bin is no longer a 30% off bin but a 40% off bin! And let me say there was nothing good in it.

They had a ton of PS2 games in there, some sports, a TON of Rogue Galaxy, s couple DS and PSP games. I think I saw 5 PS3 games, one Jericho. There was nothing worth interest in that bin.

If you sneak back to the game section they have some clearance games but these were much cheaper and seriously nothing good. I picked up the last copy of Death Junior for the PSP at $10 just to add to my PSP collection.
I did see one copy of Phantasy Star universe for $20 and quite a few copies of Condemned for $20. If you look towards the back of all the cases you can even find youself an original case and not a greatest hits case.

They did have the Jeff Dunham DVD I was looking for at $10. :D Gotta love that Walter.

I've updated the OP and title with the YMMV info as it's a local store Yellow sticker clearance.

Also, I'm about to go through and delete posts which are nothing but Find X for me Please!!

Where would they even keep Clearance games at Best Buy? I've never seen anything like that at any of the BB's that I shop at.

It depends on the store, teradon. Many will have a table or rack with Yellow Stickered or otherwise marked Clearance games. Sometimes at the front of the store, sometimes near the game section. Some BBs just keep their clearance games in with their respective sections. So if BreadBaker XII for the 360 is on clearance, it'll be in the 360 section in it's alphabetical location.

It depends on the store. You're gonna have to keep your eyes peeled.

[quote name='maccabee72']I hit up the Sugarland, TX BB tonight and there is definitely a clearance sale going on. They have signs up around the game section that say "Videogame Clearance sale". They have yellow dot stickers on games that are 50% off and green dot stickers on games that are 25% off. All of the PS3 games that had stickers were the green 25% off ones, including RSV2 LE. The Guncon game with the gun was also 25% off. The 360 ones were all pretty much yellow stickers and they had a much larger selection. They had a pretty good selection of yellow dot PS2 and DS games also, but the only thing I really saw for the PSP with a yellow dot was The Simpsons Game and Parrappa. Didn't see much for the Wii. Anyway, probably YMMV, but this is the first time I've seen a clearance selection at this particular BB.[/quote]

Did they have halo 3 legendary?

EDIT:

[quote name='guinaevere']Also, I'm about to go through and delete posts which are nothing but Find X for me Please!![/quote]

[quote name='uglyteradon']Where would they even keep Clearance games at Best Buy? I've never seen anything like that at any of the BB's that I shop at.[/quote]

[quote name='guinaevere']It depends on the store, teradon. Many will have a table or rack with Yellow Stickered or otherwise marked Clearance games. Sometimes at the front of the store, sometimes near the game section. Some BBs just keep their clearance games in with their respective sections. So if BreadBaker XII for the 360 is on clearance, it'll be in the 360 section in it's alphabetical location.

It depends on the store. You're gonna have to keep your eyes peeled.[/quote]
Take the Best Buy I visit on a normal basis. They keep their clearance games in two bins DEAD center of the store. You walk through the door, walk straight into the DVDs and CDs and there's the bins in an open area.
Also something new, they are keeping some of the greatest hits and really cheap games they can't seem to ever sell in the game section on one rack.

I noticed at the other Best Buy I visit they don't do any clearance bins or racks and I am beginning to think it's because they just don't have the room for it. Maybe I'll look around today after work to see if just maybe they are hiding it near the computer games or something. But I'm willing to bet they just send anything that doesn't sell back to the warehouse or something along those lines.

It's really up to the manager of the store if they want to do clearance racks/bins, what percentage and which games.

[quote name='snakelda']Could you pick up R6V 2 LE for the PS3 for me?[/quote]

Check guin's comment about 8 posts up from yours. ;)

I'll have to check out my two nearest BB's today but I'm not very hopeful. One has like 5 different thrilling games on clearance like Pimp My Ride or NCAA 07 and the other has a couple huge cardboard clearance bins filled mainly with crap, but even with a few jewels here and there ALL the games in the bin are priced at $19.99 and have been for months.

[quote name='lawdood']Check guin's comment about 8 posts up from yours. ;)
[/quote]Despite changing your avatar, you get a gold star.

Any following "BUY ME THIS" posts will be spanked and publicly humiliated.

Only 2 things that I found at 75th & Dodge (Omaha) is GH2 for the 360 for $51 and Halo 3 LE w/Guide for $60. Not even that good of a deal. May try to check out the one out west later this week.

[quote name='Pa7ronSain7']The best buy close to me (I dont know about other stores, It should be nation wide?) is having a bunch of games on clearance... These are only the titles I remember, there are a WHOLE lot more

Xbox360

Eternal Sonata - $15
Dirt - $?? (under 20)
All-pro Football 2ksports - $15
Halo 3 legendary edition (with helmet) - $40

PS3

NHL 2k8 -$15
Fifa street 2008 -$15
The Club -$15
Blacksite Area 51 -$15
NBA 2k8 -$15
Conflict: Denied Ops -$15
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 Collectors edition - $20

Wii

Battalion Wars - $15

There are a LOT more titles, these are MAYBE a 1/5th of what the have. A lot of Wii games, whole bunch of 360, A few PSP games and I believe some DS games. Everything was 50% off the marked price, and the marked price was already knocked down quite a bit. Any question, let me know... some REALLY good deals goin on!

EDIT: Folks this is a YMMV clearance. Your local BBs may have marked these or other games, but there's no guarantee.
[/QUOTE]
Best Buy, like Wal-mart's, clearance deals suck. Always YMMV, never going on at the stores near me, or the employees get to the merchandise first. Amazon, CC, Target, Sears, Kmart, hands down the best at clearance prices.

I managed to find Perfect Dark Zero LE for 20 bucks, but it was drowning in the same pile of Eragons BB was trying to unload during Memorial Day weekend.

The Best Buy Stores in my vicinity (Northern California Bay Area) suck as usual (they put some FULL price games on either a rack or table to advertise them ). And the only true clearance items are usually crappy xbox1 and ps2 titles that have been sitting there forever...

I found one game on clearence for PS2 at my Copperfiend, Texas Location on Highway 6 and 529.

Virtua Fighter 4 - Evolution for $1.99

Non of the games listed were found at BB in Howell or Manalapan NJ on clearance or even cheaper than the stickers on the shelf. Figure if I can save someone the ride, might as well.

The bestbuy near me has NEVER had any clearance titles. They just send all the games that don't sell back to corporate. Walmart is the same way but they won't send anything back, which is why they still have several xbox 1 games at their $49.99 price from 6 years ago.

went to two bbs today and one was ok

xbox 360
meet the robinsons 4.98
fantastic four 4.98
monster madness 4.98

the other one only had 30% off

I got The Darkness PS3 $20 and 30% off dropped it to about $15 in Blaine, MN

I was hoping to find the eye of judgement for 50% off but failed

[quote name='SerenityKry']Well I visited the Avondale store (99th Ave & McDowell). Their bin is no longer a 30% off bin but a 40% off bin! And let me say there was nothing good in it.

They had a ton of PS2 games in there, some sports, a TON of Rogue Galaxy, s couple DS and PSP games. I think I saw 5 PS3 games, one Jericho. There was nothing worth interest in that bin.

If you sneak back to the game section they have some clearance games but these were much cheaper and seriously nothing good. I picked up the last copy of Death Junior for the PSP at $10 just to add to my PSP collection.
I did see one copy of Phantasy Star universe for $20 and quite a few copies of Condemned for $20. If you look towards the back of all the cases you can even find youself an original case and not a greatest hits case.

They did have the Jeff Dunham DVD I was looking for at $10. :D Gotta love that Walter.[/quote]
Thanks for looking, I'll be going to the BB in tempe and chandler to see if they have anything.

At the BB across from the Metro North Mall that is shutting down in KC I found:

XBOX 360 Dance Revolution Universe $9.99
PS2 .hack GU Vol 2 Reminisce $14.99

Those prices are after the 50% off. Only time I have ever seen those 2

i got virtual fighter 4 for ps2 for 1.99 in coralville ia store. only had one other copy on shelf so i bet its gone now. oh well.

360: Stranglehold 10$
Wii: Manhunt 2 15$

Both at the Westminster Mall, CA, they had plenty left, and some other stuff like Golden Compass, Fatal Inertia, 2K8 All Stars, the store is also advertising a garage sale this weekend, so maybe there will be further discounts.

Mine had a bargain bin for GBA, PS2, and X-Box games. "$4.99 or FREE w/ $100 purchase".

Lots of complete garbage, not worth even $5, but I did pick up Super Gunstar Heroes for GBA, and Reservoir Dogs and and King of Fighters 2006 for PS2. I also bought Lionel Trains for DS, and Fantastic Four: Silver Surfer (which I later returned because I realized it sucked too much).

They also have limited edition X-Box 360 Halo wireless controllers on clearance for $30. Not sure if that's a good deal, since I'm not interested. I might have bought them for $4.99, cause they came with little Halo action figures.

All I want is Conflict: Denied Ops PS3 @ $15. :(

Just got back from the Mesa, AZ BB near Fiesta Mall... Nada. They seemed more focused on selling refrigerators than video games. Oh well.

The BB in Mont. View had 3 HUGH Boxes of 1.99-10.00 Dollar Games, near the exit door. They also had more in the back with the games.

I got Rumble Roses (PS2), but Is it NSFW?
(It was 4 bucks.)

- What I remember

Shaman King - GBA
Brute Force - Xbox
Various GBA Games

[quote name='Blinkus']I managed to find Perfect Dark Zero LE for 20 bucks, but it was drowning in the same pile of Eragons BB was trying to unload during Memorial Day weekend.[/quote]

its $19.99 at microcenter next week and with the $10 off you could get it for $9.99 if you're interested

the best buy in grapevine texas off of 114 has a huge clearance section with psp and ds games. I picked up cardfighters for 7 and Dead or alive extreme 2 for 10. Also the Best buy On Jacksbrough highway has a small clearnce there. I picked up ES and Bleach for the DS there

[quote name='ricoraney']Best Buy, like Wal-mart's, clearance deals suck. Always YMMV, never going on at the stores near me, or the employees get to the merchandise first. Amazon, CC, Target, Sears, Kmart, hands down the best at clearance prices.[/QUOTE]

That's what several of us said on the first page. It's been over 2 years since BB did any sort of national closeout. The OP was insistent that this was happening in most every store, but shock--- nothing at any I've or most CAGs have visited.

I wish Best Buy would just go back to the national $1.99, $4.99, and $9.99 clearance prices of years past. None of this YMMV bullshit.

For the person who asked about the Springfield, PA BB, they had a small clearance section near one of the entrances. But their offer was horrible: $10 off any clearance game over $20, $5 off any clearance game $19.99 and under. Lame.

I was told at my local BB there is a clearance starting tomorrow. They had a list of games and said the clearance prices will be in effect tomorrow but wouldn't tell me anything more.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']The BB in Mont. View had 3 HUGH Boxes of 1.99-10.00 Dollar Games, near the exit door. They also had more in the back with the games.

I got Rumble Roses (PS2), but Is it NSFW?
(It was 4 bucks.)

- What I remember

Shaman King - GBA
Brute Force - Xbox
Various GBA Games
[/quote]

I just stopped by the one in Mountain View (CA), they also had a couple halo3 wireless controllers left that aren't marked down, but the person working there offered them to me for $40... there was a legendary edition in the clearencey area, but I didn't ask about it (bought the newegg one recently)

I was walking by a couple of associates setting games up on a table with a shopping cart full of games; I saw GTA4 Special Edition for the 360 and PS3, out of curiosity I asked the price and she rang up the 360 version; 48.99. Grabbed that but I think I'm going to go back now and see what other prices they might have.

It was the Best Buy in Wyomissing, PA.

[quote name='ThingontheFloor']I was walking by a couple of associates setting games up on a table with a shopping cart full of games; I saw GTA4 Special Edition for the 360 and PS3, out of curiosity I asked the price and she rang up the 360 version; 48.99. Grabbed that but I think I'm going to go back now and see what other prices they might have.

It was the Best Buy in Wyomissing, PA.[/QUOTE]

Interesting....so it scanned for $48.99? It didn't have to be manually adjusted to that price?

[quote name='Josef']Interesting....so it scanned for $48.99? It didn't have to be manually adjusted to that price?[/quote]

No, unless they updated their systems since then, a manager had to come over to override it. I just went back and they had a bunch more out; I picked up Rainbow Six Vegas 2 LE and The Club for $15.99 each. on PS3. Stranglehold LE 360 for $5, Halo 3 Legendary for $40, Halo 3 guides were $1 each (they had tons).

Lots of PS2 games for $5, sorry I can't remember a majority of them. But all of these had to be manually overwritten, I'm pretty sure their manager hates me but hey, I wasn't doing anything wrong.

bread's done
Back