New Best Buy Clearance Starting 3/17 (YMMV in Stores)- LIVE ONLINE NOW!

MasaTFC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
423 (100%)
iconbestbuy.gif
Sale is Live Online Now (thanks YoshiFan1)! Limit 3 of each title I believe.

Just heard that BB is having a clearance sale starting 3/17. Games up for grabs will be

3DS - Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! - 9.99
3DS - Classic Games Overload - 7.99
3DS - Finding Nemo: Escape to the big blue - 9.99
3DS - Pokemon Rumble Blast - 9.99
3DS - Rabbids Rumble - 7.99
3DS - Rayman Origins - 7.99
3DS - The Trash Pack - 9.99
NDS - Finding Nemo: Escape to the big blue - 7.99
NDS - Kirby Mass Attack - 7.99
NDS - Lego Ninjago Bundle - 9.99
PS3 - Battlfield Bad Company 2 Greatest Hits - 7.99
PS3 - Darksiders II - 14.99
PS3 - DJ Hero 2 Stand Alone Software - 2.99
PS3 - Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7 - 7.99
PS3 - MLB 12: The Show - 9.99
PS3 - NHL 12 - 9.99
PS3 - Saints Row The Third - 9.99
PS3 - Socom 4 - 9.99
PS3 - Starhawk - 9.99
PS3 - Xcom: Enemy Unknown - 14.99
Wii - Metriod: Other M - 7.99
Wii - Nintendo Selects: Pikmin 2 - 4.99
Wii - Sin & Punishment 2: Star Successor - 9.99
Wii - uDraw Dood's Big Adventure - 2.99
Wii U - Darksiders II - 19.99
X360 - Battlefield Bad Company 2 Platinum - 7.99
X360 - Darksiders II - 14.99
X360 - Dragon Age 2 - 4.99
X360 - Fable: The Journey - 9.99
X360 - NBA Baller Beats - 9.99
X360 - Red Faction Armageddon - 4.99

Stock will be limited at stores (think 1-5 copies a store), and since this is clearance there will not be any more copies made available/shipped out. Once they gone, they gone!

Other clearance items will include various phones and computers as well as unlisted games (again YMMV on those especially, thanks midnightmetal for that info), but I don't have much info on those. Happy Hunting!

Note-
"If you have rewardzone points they can be used in-store as well. Either print off the certificate from https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/ or ask the cashier to look up the certificate for you on the register....in order to do so they need your reward zone card or they can just look it up with your phone number. "

Note #2

emails are going out for a seperate clearance as well (credit to CrossFireXT17 for the link and stuff)

Here is the link to the big clearance for lots of things (the movies link doesn't work yet) http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-P...paignID=369667 ... think that should be pretty universal

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dirtyvu']wow nba baller beats for $9.99????? is there a version without the basketball???? that basketball alone is worth more than $10. it's an officially licensed Spalding basketball.[/QUOTE]

Welllll, it's a Spalding ball with "NBA" written on it, but it's 100% cheap rubber. It actually says "replica ball" on the box, which probably means they've copied the writing from an NBA ball....but this is about as generic as a ball can get.

If you bought this ball at Walmart, it would be worth about $10 or less.

There's one copy of Pikmin 2 at the Bloomington, IL store. Grabbed one for myself. Just need Baller Beats now!

[quote name='dirtyvu']wow nba baller beats for $9.99????? is there a version without the basketball???? that basketball alone is worth more than $10. it's an officially licensed Spalding basketball.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure all new copies of NBA Baller Beats come with the basketball. This gave me quite a bit of trouble when PM'ing at Target - "sir, this price is for the game only, not with the basketball." Ma'am, what if I told you no one sells the game without the basketball?

"Replica ball" or not, a basketball plus an apparently decent Kinect rhythm game is a pretty good catch for ten bucks.

Thanks to everyone for the tips here--I price-matched at Target today for $5 Pikmin 2 and $8 Rayman Origins 3DS with no hassles. Much better than driving all over the county trying to find a Best Buy with stock, plus you can stack the 5% Red card discount!

Thanks OP!

I was mostly interested in Adventure Time, so I was going to buy it online, but saw the price was back up to $30. But, they showed it being available in store. So I decided to just make the trip to see if the sign was still up. Get there, all the copies were gone, little bummed and checked online and they were sold out as well. As I was walking around the game section to see if there was anything else I wanted I found a copy in the cheap games that are off to the side. It rang up $30 as well, but the sign still showed $9.99 so I was able to get them to adjust it. I had to wait a good 20 minutes for them to take care of it but at least I got it.

So I ended up with Adventure Time, Lego Harry Potter and Dood's Big Adventure... which I have to take back because I realized I don't have the Wii U-Draw :D Plus I found my favorite ink pen on clearance at the checkout while I was waiting and was able to get that super cheap as well. I would say a good trip overall!!

Finished Adventure Time. Fun time for fans of the show, albeit short (around 4 hours). Finishing unlocks ng+ where enemies are tougher and you carry over your health/attack/speed upgrades. Wouldn't mind giving it another go in the future. It felt like a long episode of the show ^^

[quote name='lilman']Finished Adventure Time. Fun time for fans of the show, albeit short (around 4 hours). Finishing unlocks ng+ where enemies are tougher and you carry over your health/attack/speed upgrades. Wouldn't mind giving it another go in the future. It felt like a long episode of the show ^^[/QUOTE]

That's how I felt. I opened and finished it last night, but it was worth it for me in the end.

I'm pleased I managed to get most of the stuff I really wanted since my store had almost everything.

Wow, Target PM worked incredibly well. The clerk didn't even bother using their iPad to look up the games on bestbuy.com, just glanced at my smart phone for the prices and got permission from her manager due to the huge price differences. B2G1 free was just icing on the cake. Hell someone probably could have told her Best Buy was selling any game for a penny and she might have done it. So much easier than going to Best Buy and hoping for a manager finger to the lips with a wink for a PM to Target's B2G1 free deal on these games, if they would even be in stock.

[quote name='BigBizzee']Welllll, it's a Spalding ball with "NBA" written on it, but it's 100% cheap rubber. It actually says "replica ball" on the box, which probably means they've copied the writing from an NBA ball....but this is about as generic as a ball can get.

If you bought this ball at Walmart, it would be worth about $10 or less.[/QUOTE]

the cheapest full-sized Spalding basketball at Walmart is $10.

so any way you cut it, it's a good deal considering that it's a good game (if you have the environment for it).

[quote name='1NintendoFan']Thanks OP!

I was mostly interested in Adventure Time, so I was going to buy it online, but saw the price was back up to $30. But, they showed it being available in store. So I decided to just make the trip to see if the sign was still up. Get there, all the copies were gone, little bummed and checked online and they were sold out as well. As I was walking around the game section to see if there was anything else I wanted I found a copy in the cheap games that are off to the side. It rang up $30 as well, but the sign still showed $9.99 so I was able to get them to adjust it. I had to wait a good 20 minutes for them to take care of it but at least I got it.

So I ended up with Adventure Time, Lego Harry Potter and Dood's Big Adventure... which I have to take back because I realized I don't have the Wii U-Draw :D Plus I found my favorite ink pen on clearance at the checkout while I was waiting and was able to get that super cheap as well. I would say a good trip overall!![/QUOTE]

Glad to hear that you got in on the Adventure Time deal too! Even if the shelves are empty I always look around for a misplaced copy. I'm still waiting for my copy since I placed my order online.

[quote name='harrahs80']i grabbed darksiders 2 for wii u @ 19.99 + tax great deal imo[/QUOTE]

Yea it is a good deal. I couldnt get into this on 360 because of the constant pausing to see what new piece of equipment I picked up. With the U version, all of that is handled on the gamepad and is handled mighty nicely. This proves to me that menu heavy games would benefit immensely from the gamepad. Games like Falllout and Skyrim are what thew gamepad was made for. I doubted the U at first, but Ive been loving mine way more than I thought, even with all the ports. Once studios start to take advantage of the system it will be great. Darksiders 2 is a good early example of the gamepad's usefulness and I can only hope Vigil's effort was not in vain.

The game istself is great regardless of console of choice, but I feel the U version is the definitive way to experience the game though. Shame the series wont live on. Vigil was a very talented studio. How is it that studios like this can go under while crappy studios run rampant?! There truly is no justice in this industry.

Ordered Pokemon for in-store pickup. Thanks TC! Shame I couldn't catch Pikmin 2, though.

...So...stock issues aside, anyone have any idea how long this is going to run? I'm guessing until Saturday, but wanted to be sure.

[quote name='abbabaab']Ordered Pokemon for in-store pickup. Thanks TC! Shame I couldn't catch Pikmin 2, though.

...So...stock issues aside, anyone have any idea how long this is going to run? I'm guessing until Saturday, but wanted to be sure.[/QUOTE]

As far as I'm aware it's until the end of the week but I've not been told differently and that is when most sales end. I also wouldn't say there were any stock issues as this is a clearance event and that usually means the items a store happens to have in stock is sold out and usually no more will be ordered.

[quote name='deathfromace']I also wouldn't say there were any stock issues as this is a clearance event and that usually means the items a store happens to have in stock is sold out and usually no more will be ordered.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was talking about. Obviously the clearance would be over once everything's sold out.

Anybody know for sure that this ends this week?

Sweet my Pikmin 2 order said it was not going to arrive until Saturday but it got here Today. I just wished that my bestbuy had NBA Baller Beats my little brother is crazy about basketball and im sure he would enjoy the game and the fact that he has been asking for a basketball is just extra icing on the cake. Im going to try and get a price match at Target hopefully.

[quote name='karkyco']Wow, Target PM worked incredibly well. The clerk didn't even bother using their iPad to look up the games on bestbuy.com, just glanced at my smart phone for the prices and got permission from her manager due to the huge price differences. B2G1 free was just icing on the cake. Hell someone probably could have told her Best Buy was selling any game for a penny and she might have done it. So much easier than going to Best Buy and hoping for a manager finger to the lips with a wink for a PM to Target's B2G1 free deal on these games, if they would even be in stock.[/QUOTE]

the PM didn't negate the b2g1?

[quote name='gotdott']the PM didn't negate the b2g1?[/QUOTE]

Nope, the B2G1 processes just as soon as 3 items are rung up. Now, whether the Target associate will let you get away with it or not is another matter entirely ;)

Luckily I found a Best Buy this afternoon that hadn't updated their prices yet on the shelf. I was able to grab a Fable : The Journey still marked 9.99.

[quote name='deathfromace']As far as I'm aware it's until the end of the week but I've not been told differently and that is when most sales end. I also wouldn't say there were any stock issues as this is a clearance event and that usually means the items a store happens to have in stock is sold out and usually no more will be ordered.[/QUOTE]

The deal's done already for a few of the games, so you're lucky if it lasts the week. It's not like a normal sale.

Finally got to make a trip to BB and got the last copy of Pokemon Rumble Blast and Rayman Origins. I'll also be getting those 500 RZ points back for the purchase so I basically got them for $4.50 each. Not to bad!

[quote name='ZombiesWorld']Finally got to make a trip to BB and got the last copy of Pokemon Rumble Blast and Rayman Origins. I'll also be getting those 500 RZ points back for the purchase so I basically got them for $4.50 each. Not to bad![/QUOTE]

Lucky, i havent seen any of these games.

also, i just got mu calibur11 MLG. Is the bottom of the box suppose to have no seal on the left/right side openers?

Edit. Will check if my bestbuy still has dragons dogma. I passed on it last sunday... Now i want it. Hope its still there.. If not... Oh well

Last edited by a moderator:
Its probably been mentioned, but I jsut wanted to remind everyone that you get Saints Row 2 FREE for download with the purchase of Saints Row the Third (ps3). You get it via the online pass code.

[quote name='AllFrankedUp']Picked up MLB 12, NHL 12, and Saints Row today. East Houston still had 5 copies of Pikmin, and a few XComs and StarHawks.[/QUOTE]
The Best Buy up on Greenspoint / I-45 North had about 10 copies of Pikmin 2. I saw this this past Tuesday.

So, had almost forgotten about the deals until last night when I figured I'd look for Pokemon Rumble for my kid. Found one in store in a nearby city that I just so happened would be visiting today. Went in to pick it up, they had Xcom, Kirby's Mass Attack, Darkstalkers (Wii U). Bought them all. Xcom is apparently not on sale anymore, but they ended up giving it to me because it was still tagged. Also found a couple of Ninjini Skylanders Giants, which I scooped up for me and my son. Nice haul. I guess that happens in a city that was the foreclosure capital of the US not that long ago.

Stopped by today to pick up my ACIII LE guide and saw a few things added to the 50% off shelf. Picked up some Vita games.

:psp: Little Diviants - $10
:psp: Unit 13 - $15
:psp: Ridge Racer - $15
:psp: Dungeon Hunter Alliance - $15

I scored some stuff last week. Haven't checked the thread so I don't know if these were already mentioned

:psp: Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep $2
:pc: Operation Flashpoint Red River $2
:3ds: Car charger kit $10

[quote name='dgwillia006']Hooray, Xcom magically back at both of my stores now that the price readjusted....[/QUOTE]
...and all my stores forgot to remove/update the tags with the sale prices. Laws in my state say they have to honor it. :applause:

[quote name='dgwillia006']Hooray, Xcom magically back at both of my stores now that the price readjusted....[/QUOTE]

Of course they are. When it says unavailable, that just means they sold too many at a discount and don't want to sell anymore.

When their sales go fast, they disable in-store pickup even when the stores have plenty available. I wouldn't mind if they were just honest about it. Instead of scrolling through your local stores and seeing "unavailable" it should say "We sold too many already, you aren't getting it at this price for pickup"

Wasn't able to find Adventure Time or Pikmin 2 but one BB had finally marked down the NES merch from Xmas only wallets and beanie caps left so I bought the last of them.

Successfully Price-matched at Target with their B2G1.

Got...

New DMC PS3 - $40 (Price-matched Gamestop)
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask 3DS - $40 (going to swap it at another Target for Fire Emblem)
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3DS - $40

Resident Evil Revelations 3DS - $20
Kingdom Hearts Re-coded 3DS - $20
Sniper Elite v2 (Silver Star Edition) 360 - $20

XCOM PS3 - $15 (price-matched BB)
Darksiders II PS3 - $15 (price-matched BB)
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D 3DS - $18 (price on-shelf)

Overall it was $165.08 ... Not bad for 9 games, three of which are $40ish elsewhere.
I'll definitely be trading in some of the above to Gamestop with the 50% towards GoW:Ascension to make my wife happy...Plus I didn't really want Darksiders or XCOM.

Thank you all for the wonderful tips and advice. As always, it feels great to be a CAG.

[quote name='nsanchez1']https://mobile.twitter.com/Noehsanchez/media/grid?idx=0&tid=314894862522650625
Check my haul out I think I did okay[/QUOTE]

How much?!

great great sale from BB, friends keep talking about how Amazon will eventually run BB out of business, I now fear for that day

How much?![/QUOTE]

God of war, tomb raider, monster hunter 3, 111.28 I used some certificates B2G1

Pokemon rumble, Rayman origins, pictionairy 21.18 Target BB price match

Darkness 2, no more heroes, dark souls 32.38 BB used deal

Kirby, dragon dogma, xcomm 31.79 BB B2g1

Another Kirby, MLB 12, udraw tablet 21.18
217.81 for 15 3 of them being released within these passed weeks not bad

Today I found one last copy of XCOM for the PS3 on an endcap at my local BB with the $14.99 shelf tag still in place back at the regular PS3 shelf. Noticed that the $14.99 shelf tag had a "Sale Ends" date of 3/30/13 on it. Decided to gamble - I wanted the 360 version, took both the PS3 version and 360 version up, both scanned in at $39.99. I asked if they could price match the shelf tag of the PS3 version to the 360 version and they agreed. Three separate Best Buy reps including the manager who OK'd the override didn't have a problem with it. Walked out with the 360 version of XCOM for $14.99, I got very lucky.

Was able to get the last copy of Pikmin 2 at my area in Portland, OR near the airport. Darksiders II for WiiU was gone and so were Metal Gear Collections and Ultimate MvC3 for both PS3 & 360.

[quote name='kyoya']Today I found one last copy of XCOM for the PS3 on an endcap at my local BB with the $14.99 shelf tag still in place back at the regular PS3 shelf. Noticed that the $14.99 shelf tag had a "Sale Ends" date of 3/30/13 on it. Decided to gamble - I wanted the 360 version, took both the PS3 version and 360 version up, both scanned in at $39.99. I asked if they could price match the shelf tag of the PS3 version to the 360 version and they agreed. Three separate Best Buy reps including the manager who OK'd the override didn't have a problem with it. Walked out with the 360 version of XCOM for $14.99, I got very lucky.[/QUOTE]

Damn. Lucky.

I actually want to play that on the 360. Doubt that'd fly though.

bread's done
Back