New Best Buy Clearance Starting 3/17 (YMMV in Stores)- LIVE ONLINE NOW!

MasaTFC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
423 (100%)
iconbestbuy.gif
Sale is Live Online Now (thanks YoshiFan1)! Limit 3 of each title I believe.

Just heard that BB is having a clearance sale starting 3/17. Games up for grabs will be

3DS - Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! - 9.99
3DS - Classic Games Overload - 7.99
3DS - Finding Nemo: Escape to the big blue - 9.99
3DS - Pokemon Rumble Blast - 9.99
3DS - Rabbids Rumble - 7.99
3DS - Rayman Origins - 7.99
3DS - The Trash Pack - 9.99
NDS - Finding Nemo: Escape to the big blue - 7.99
NDS - Kirby Mass Attack - 7.99
NDS - Lego Ninjago Bundle - 9.99
PS3 - Battlfield Bad Company 2 Greatest Hits - 7.99
PS3 - Darksiders II - 14.99
PS3 - DJ Hero 2 Stand Alone Software - 2.99
PS3 - Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7 - 7.99
PS3 - MLB 12: The Show - 9.99
PS3 - NHL 12 - 9.99
PS3 - Saints Row The Third - 9.99
PS3 - Socom 4 - 9.99
PS3 - Starhawk - 9.99
PS3 - Xcom: Enemy Unknown - 14.99
Wii - Metriod: Other M - 7.99
Wii - Nintendo Selects: Pikmin 2 - 4.99
Wii - Sin & Punishment 2: Star Successor - 9.99
Wii - uDraw Dood's Big Adventure - 2.99
Wii U - Darksiders II - 19.99
X360 - Battlefield Bad Company 2 Platinum - 7.99
X360 - Darksiders II - 14.99
X360 - Dragon Age 2 - 4.99
X360 - Fable: The Journey - 9.99
X360 - NBA Baller Beats - 9.99
X360 - Red Faction Armageddon - 4.99

Stock will be limited at stores (think 1-5 copies a store), and since this is clearance there will not be any more copies made available/shipped out. Once they gone, they gone!

Other clearance items will include various phones and computers as well as unlisted games (again YMMV on those especially, thanks midnightmetal for that info), but I don't have much info on those. Happy Hunting!

Note-
"If you have rewardzone points they can be used in-store as well. Either print off the certificate from https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/ or ask the cashier to look up the certificate for you on the register....in order to do so they need your reward zone card or they can just look it up with your phone number. "

Note #2

emails are going out for a seperate clearance as well (credit to CrossFireXT17 for the link and stuff)

Here is the link to the big clearance for lots of things (the movies link doesn't work yet) http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-P...paignID=369667 ... think that should be pretty universal

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone is looking for a copy of Pokemon Rumble Blast but doesn't have any in their area let me know. Be glad to sell you one for cost+tax+shipping.

Alternatively, i'd be down with trading it to anyone that has a copy of Adventure Time for 3DS.

[quote name='kyoya']Today I found one last copy of XCOM for the PS3 on an endcap at my local BB with the $14.99 shelf tag still in place back at the regular PS3 shelf. Noticed that the $14.99 shelf tag had a "Sale Ends" date of 3/30/13 on it. Decided to gamble - I wanted the 360 version, took both the PS3 version and 360 version up, both scanned in at $39.99. I asked if they could price match the shelf tag of the PS3 version to the 360 version and they agreed. Three separate Best Buy reps including the manager who OK'd the override didn't have a problem with it. Walked out with the 360 version of XCOM for $14.99, I got very lucky.[/QUOTE]

LUCKY INDEED. I had it to a employee and had to call manager. Manager looks at it with the site and says its the limited edition. Inventory shows 1 in stock, but couldnt find it. So do u want it its $49.99. LOL really? I wanted it because the sign said $14.99. I left. Oh BB, i guess i go to target.

[quote name='Mikko']If anyone is looking for a copy of Pokemon Rumble Blast but doesn't have any in their area let me know. Be glad to sell you one for cost+tax+shipping.

Alternatively, i'd be down with trading it to anyone that has a copy of Adventure Time for 3DS.[/QUOTE]

Mind holding that for me? Going to see if target will PM, if not I think I'll take that off your hands. Cool?

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']Mind holding that for me? Going to see if target will PM, if not I think I'll take that off your hands. Cool?[/QUOTE]

Hit me up on PM and let me know either way.

Got Adventure Time for 3DS, Pokemon Rumble for 3DS, and Pikmin 2.

Thanks!!!!

PS: I got Walmart to price match Adventure Time since my Best Buy was out ;)

Where is Sniper elite slilver star edition going for $20?
[quote name='thehoweller']Successfully Price-matched at Target with their B2G1.

Got...

New DMC PS3 - $40 (Price-matched Gamestop)
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask 3DS - $40 (going to swap it at another Target for Fire Emblem)
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3DS - $40

Resident Evil Revelations 3DS - $20
Kingdom Hearts Re-coded 3DS - $20
Sniper Elite v2 (Silver Star Edition) 360 - $20

XCOM PS3 - $15 (price-matched BB)
Darksiders II PS3 - $15 (price-matched BB)
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D 3DS - $18 (price on-shelf)

Overall it was $165.08 ... Not bad for 9 games, three of which are $40ish elsewhere.
I'll definitely be trading in some of the above to Gamestop with the 50% towards GoW:Ascension to make my wife happy...Plus I didn't really want Darksiders or XCOM.

Thank you all for the wonderful tips and advice. As always, it feels great to be a CAG.

How much?![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Guerillaz']Got Adventure Time for 3DS, Pokemon Rumble for 3DS, and Pikmin 2.

Thanks!!!!

PS: I got Walmart to price match Adventure Time since my Best Buy was out.

What ad did you use

For the people saying the stores "magically" got more copies in when the sale ended..come on.

As my other posts should show I actually work for Best Buy and as far as we were aware the sale is meant to go on until the 30th as a poster above said the end-date on the sale tag was the 30th. I noticed Xcom and MLB (I think it was) went back to full price today (or atleast today I noticed it went back up) and all the other games kept the sale price. Also don't think Best Buy is smart enough to send games to a store and have them arrive a day after a sale they really don't care about ends...

Anyways the sale should keep going on and as always if the price tag is still on the floor they have to sell the item at that price and as no one knew or planned some of the games sale prices ending early odds are the tags are still on the floor.

Edit: I will also add Rhythm Heaven for the NDS is on clearance as well but don't think its 50% off

Traded in my Aliens: Cornhole Marines for $22 (100% TIB Baby!) and picked up Darksiders 2 for $15. Still have $5 left over. Now that was a pimp decision.

[quote name='deathfromace']For the people saying the stores "magically" got more copies in when the sale ended..come on.

As my other posts should show I actually work for Best Buy and as far as we were aware the sale is meant to go on until the 30th as a poster above said the end-date on the sale tag was the 30th. I noticed Xcom and MLB (I think it was) went back to full price today (or atleast today I noticed it went back up) and all the other games kept the sale price. Also don't think Best Buy is smart enough to send games to a store and have them arrive a day after a sale they really don't care about ends...

Anyways the sale should keep going on and as always if the price tag is still on the floor they have to sell the item at that price and as no one knew or planned some of the games sale prices ending early odds are the tags are still on the floor.

Edit: I will also add Rhythm Heaven for the NDS is on clearance as well but don't think its 50% off[/QUOTE]

Well I was just at the store 2 days ago. No XCom's, tag was 14.99. Just seems fishy, unless someone got an order cancelled at the last second or something. (And I literally dug through every PS3 row, so it wasnt hidden)

[quote name='dgwillia006']Well I was just at the store 2 days ago. No XCom's, tag was 14.99. Just seems fishy, unless someone got an order cancelled at the last second or something. (And I literally dug through every PS3 row, so it wasnt hidden)[/QUOTE]

I guess to be fair I can't speak for the employees at your store but I was more then happy to put 20 copies of Dragon Age 2 and 20 copies of Red Faction on the floor for people to buy because for the past year they have all been sitting on the isle at 20+ and no one was touching them. Because all that will happen is after X amount of time of a game not selling I get a little list and any games we have that have not sold for the past 5 weeks I decide to ship them back or not. Normally I personally keep games that I know people want and they are just at a higher price then they should be for how old they are.

But to be clear all the games that are on sale and part of this clearance sale shouldn't go back to the floor once the sale is done because I have a list for EOL (end of life) items I have to send back and they are all on the list so once this sale is done you should see all those games disappear forever from Best Buy...at least new ones as open items are there to stay for now.

Edit: I guess it's also possible other stores don't follow the same list as the one my store gets as it might be based on what sells in each location but for my store I am sending all those games away at the end of next week.

[quote name='deathfromace']I guess to be fair I can't speak for the employees at your store but I was more then happy to put 20 copies of Dragon Age 2 and 20 copies of Red Faction on the floor for people to buy because for the past year they have all been sitting on the isle at 20+ and no one was touching them. Because all that will happen is after X amount of time of a game not selling I get a little list and any games we have that have not sold for the past 5 weeks I decide to ship them back or not. Normally I personally keep games that I know people want and they are just at a higher price then they should be for how old they are.

But to be clear all the games that are on sale and part of this clearance sale shouldn't go back to the floor once the sale is done because I have a list for EOL (end of life) items I have to send back and they are all on the list so once this sale is done you should see all those games disappear forever from Best Buy...at least new ones as open items are there to stay for now.

Edit: I guess it's also possible other stores don't follow the same list as the one my store gets as it might be based on what sells in each location but for my store I am sending all those games away at the end of next week.[/QUOTE]

Well you are right since that list has games that are either games people didnt care for as much, mass produced games, or games we were waiting for the sweet price range. The only one that doesnt make sense is Xcom on ps3. I mean it just came out less than 6 months ago. Why would it be on the chopping block for the ps3 version?

There's a weekend sale now with a few new discounts:

wii u basic : $250
zombi u: $40
kirby return to dreamland: $30
prototype 2: $4.99
a few others

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']Well you are right since that list has games that are either games people didnt care for as much, mass produced games, or games we were waiting for the sweet price range. The only one that doesnt make sense is Xcom on ps3. I mean it just came out less than 6 months ago. Why would it be on the chopping block for the ps3 version?[/QUOTE]

A lot of games hit low prices, at least on sale, after 6 months. Particularly ones that barely managed 100K units on release. XCOM might be doing well on digital/PC sales, but I haven't seen one report yet that indicates it did well on consoles.

[quote name='scottman']There's a weekend sale now with a few new discounts:

wii u basic : $250
zombi u: $40
kirby return to dreamland: $30
prototype 2: $4.99
a few others[/QUOTE]

Aw hell yeah! I'd much rather have the Collector's Edition of any game, but $5 is the insta-pounce price for just about any decent game. Prototype 2, here I come! THANK YOU.

I'd love Return to Dreamland but should probably just keep the $30 for now... alas

[quote name='maskmanx']Traded in my Aliens: Cornhole Marines for $22 (100% TIB Baby!) and picked up Darksiders 2 for $15. Still have $5 left over. Now that was a pimp decision.[/QUOTE]
Depends on how much you paid for aliens.

Thanks Scottman! Just ordered Prototype 2. I only got to rent it from GameFly and I did honestly enjoy it for what it was. To me, it was a lot of mindless fun and I really enjoyed the combat as well. So this is a great deal imo.

Any other awesome deals like this? I'm big into open-world games, like Saint's Row, etc.

And yes, definitely need more clearanced games!

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']Well you are right since that list has games that are either games people didnt care for as much, mass produced games, or games we were waiting for the sweet price range. The only one that doesnt make sense is Xcom on ps3. I mean it just came out less than 6 months ago. Why would it be on the chopping block for the ps3 version?[/QUOTE]

I can only really speak to what I've seen at my store and it's that people bought the game when it first came out then no one has touched them for the past few months. I personally loved Xcom and when people are looking for a game I recommend it but few people I've talked to want a game like it and just want a shooter. Could just be that genre is mostly on PC and a vast majority of people that know what the game is already bought it on console or just bought it on PC as PC has had it on sale already...hell I got it for 17 bucks on GMG with a steam code.

Went to pick up baller beats, but the price went up to $29.99, oh well. I also did not know Prototype 2 was $4.99, or else I would have got a copy for 360!

Just got back from Best Buy and had a print out of SR3 from Monday when it was 9.99. I tried using the stock locator during the week and it said "Unavailable" everywhere so I didn't bother. Went in today to try and find Prototype 2 for $5 but instead found a copy of SR3: The Full Package and had them price match no problem. Super YMMV, but it might be helpful for someone to post a screenshot of the website so some of us can print out when it's uncertain that we can use the "Pick Up at Store" option when inventory counts seem to be off.

[quote name='Bount']Just got back from Best Buy and had a print out of SR3 from Monday when it was 9.99. I tried using the stock locator during the week and it said "Unavailable" everywhere so I didn't bother. Went in today to try and find Prototype 2 for $5 but instead found a copy of SR3: The Full Package and had them price match no problem. Super YMMV, but it might be helpful for someone to post a screenshot of the website so some of us can print out when it's uncertain that we can use the "Pick Up at Store" option when inventory counts seem to be off.[/QUOTE]

Do you happen to have a screen shot for baller beats?!

I did a store pickup for 2 prototype and spiderman. Bestbuy sent me an email that the items were ready to pick up. I went to the store and after waiting 30 minutes while they looked all over the store they told me they couldn't find them, they told me they were "lost". I said fine i've been waiting for too long I have to go can you please just cancel my order. (I'd rather pay full price for the games then wait any longer). The guy said ok and then typed some stuff in the computer. 2 receipts came out and he quickly hid them under the desk, I thought that was weird but he told me that the order was canceled. I said ok well do you have a cancellation receipt or anything? Hoping that one of the receipts that came out was proof I would be refunded. He told me no but I should get a cancellation email within 24 hours. As I was walking away I checked my phone to see if I received anything and i saw I got an email from bestbuy saying my order was picked up! I was like woah wait it says I picked up the order how can that be? He said oh sorry I must have pushed the wrong button? I think he did that on purpose so that the store would not look bad for losing the order. He called some bestbuy number to try to get me refunded and he said they told him they can't do anything until tomorrow because it hasn't registered in the system yet?

Anyone know what I should do? I don't have the games, bestbuy thinks I picked up the order and I have no proof otherwise. I tried calling bestbuy 1-888 number and they told me I had to work it out with the store tomorrow. Is there anyway to complain about the store? My store is constantly having store pickup problems and I have no idea who to complain to. I'm sort of annoyed not only that they didn't have the games but that they processed the order so their store wouldn't look bad and then they lied to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jrr6415sun']I did a store pickup for 2 prototype and spiderman. Bestbuy sent me an email that the items were ready to pick up. I went to the store and after waiting 30 minutes while they looked all over the store they told me they couldn't find them, they told me they were "lost". I said fine i've been waiting for too long I have to go can you please just cancel my order. (I'd rather pay full price for the games then wait any longer). The guy said ok and then typed some stuff in the computer. 2 receipts came out and he quickly hid them under the desk, I thought that was weird but he told me that the order was canceled. I said ok well do you have a cancellation receipt or anything? Hoping that one of the receipts that came out was proof I would be refunded. He told me no but I should get a cancellation email within 24 hours. As I was walking away I checked my phone to see if I received anything and i saw I got an email from bestbuy saying my order was picked up! I was like woah wait it says I picked up the order how can that be? He said oh sorry I must have pushed the wrong button? I think he did that on purpose so that the store would not look bad for losing the order. He called some bestbuy number to try to get me refunded and he said they told him they can't do anything until tomorrow because it hasn't registered in the system yet?

Anyone know what I should do? I don't have the games, bestbuy thinks I picked up the order and I have no proof otherwise. I tried calling bestbuy 1-888 number and they told me I had to work it out with the store tomorrow. Is there anyway to complain about the store? My store is constantly having store pickup problems and I have no idea who to complain to. I'm sort of annoyed not only that they didn't have the games but that they processed the order so their store wouldn't look bad and then they lied to me.[/QUOTE]

Wow that employee deserves to be fired.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']I did a store pickup for 2 prototype and spiderman. Bestbuy sent me an email that the items were ready to pick up. I went to the store and after waiting 30 minutes while they looked all over the store they told me they couldn't find them, they told me they were "lost". I said fine i've been waiting for too long I have to go can you please just cancel my order. (I'd rather pay full price for the games then wait any longer). The guy said ok and then typed some stuff in the computer. 2 receipts came out and he quickly hid them under the desk, I thought that was weird but he told me that the order was canceled. I said ok well do you have a cancellation receipt or anything? Hoping that one of the receipts that came out was proof I would be refunded. He told me no but I should get a cancellation email within 24 hours. As I was walking away I checked my phone to see if I received anything and i saw I got an email from bestbuy saying my order was picked up! I was like woah wait it says I picked up the order how can that be? He said oh sorry I must have pushed the wrong button? I think he did that on purpose so that the store would not look bad for losing the order. He called some bestbuy number to try to get me refunded and he said they told him they can't do anything until tomorrow because it hasn't registered in the system yet?

Anyone know what I should do? I don't have the games, bestbuy thinks I picked up the order and I have no proof otherwise. I tried calling bestbuy 1-888 number and they told me I had to work it out with the store tomorrow. Is there anyway to complain about the store? My store is constantly having store pickup problems and I have no idea who to complain to. I'm sort of annoyed not only that they didn't have the games but that they processed the order so their store wouldn't look bad and then they lied to me.[/QUOTE]
You didn't ask to speak to a supervisor on-site? That guy should have been canned for that. The fact that he lied to you and the receipts are there without your signature is enough.

[quote name='klimb22']You didn't ask to speak to a supervisor on-site? That guy should have been canned for that. The fact that he lied to you and the receipts are there without your signature is enough.[/QUOTE]

I should have, but I was already in the store waiting for so long I had other things I had to do. I didn't have time to wait for the supervisor to come who knows how long that would have taken. With how slow everything was going it easily could have been another 15 minutes. Also I saw the supervisor try to help him find the games so he knew what was going on which for some reason I thought maybe the supervisor told him to process the order as picked up. I didn't know if the supervisor would be able to tell me any more than what he told me that I had to wait 24 hours for the order to register? I'm sure if I would have asked for the supervisor the employee would have just told him he made a mistake anyway.

I don't know my bestbuy is shady and I don't know if I feel like shopping there anymore. I would like to be able to report/complain to BB about this but calling the 1-888 # didn't do anything.

It kind of seems like he purposely did all that to keep your merchandise for himself. He probably hid the games somewhere in the back (his locker).

[quote name='jrr6415sun']I should have, but I was already in the store waiting for so long I had other things I had to do. I didn't have time to wait for the supervisor to come who knows how long that would have taken. With how slow everything was going it easily could have been another 15 minutes. Also I saw the supervisor try to help him find the games so he knew what was going on which for some reason I thought maybe the supervisor told him to process the order as picked up. I didn't know if the supervisor would be able to tell me any more than what he told me that I had to wait 24 hours for the order to register? I'm sure if I would have asked for the supervisor the employee would have just told him he made a mistake anyway.

I don't know my bestbuy is shady and I don't know if I feel like shopping there anymore. I would like to be able to report/complain to BB about this but calling the 1-888 # didn't do anything.[/QUOTE]
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/bd-p/Gaming-Support
^Make a thread on that forum, and a BB connector from corporate will help you out.

P.S. It's Friday so you might not get a response until Monday.

[quote name='darken']It kind of seems like he purposely did all that to keep your merchandise for himself. He probably hid the games somewhere in the back (his locker).[/QUOTE]
Even if that was not his initial intention and they truly couldn't find the games, he can now keep them if they do show up. I mean they're paid for, picked up and everything.

Definitely call BB, email them, and post on their forum. If you go to the specific store's website, you can email the store manager to complain. Lastly, contact your credit card company/bank if nothing else works.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']I should have, but I was already in the store waiting for so long I had other things I had to do. I didn't have time to wait for the supervisor to come who knows how long that would have taken. With how slow everything was going it easily could have been another 15 minutes. Also I saw the supervisor try to help him find the games so he knew what was going on which for some reason I thought maybe the supervisor told him to process the order as picked up. I didn't know if the supervisor would be able to tell me any more than what he told me that I had to wait 24 hours for the order to register? I'm sure if I would have asked for the supervisor the employee would have just told him he made a mistake anyway.

I don't know my bestbuy is shady and I don't know if I feel like shopping there anymore. I would like to be able to report/complain to BB about this but calling the 1-888 # didn't do anything.[/QUOTE]
Did you at least get those pick up receipts?

Thanks scottman for the heads-up, picked up Kirby's Return to Dream land for only $5 + tax after the $25 Reward zone certs earned from the free FB app. Feels good to buy that game after waiting so long...

[quote name='TKSJOHN']Do you happen to have a screen shot for baller beats?![/QUOTE]

Sorry man. Only printed SR3 and XCOM.

well i called the bestbuy just now and asked to speak to the manager. The manager said he wasn't aware of any problems and that there wasn't any notes or instructions about my order. He also said the person that helped me went home for the day.. so now I think i'm screwed. I guess i should have talked to the manager while i was there, my mistake. I dont have any receipts but I didnt sign any pickup receipt either, unless he forged my signature

Wait and see if u get a email that says if u pick it up. it should pop up within a day. That sounds like the bb guy try to pull something. U could have just refuse pickup and let it drag 7 days and the system would auto cancel after 7 days. Let us know what happens. If u get the email that u did pick up go talk to lp. Video will have evidence showing u when u try to pick it up and left empty handed.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']well i called the bestbuy just now and asked to speak to the manager. The manager said he wasn't aware of any problems and that there wasn't any notes or instructions about my order. He also said the person that helped me went home for the day.. so now I think i'm screwed. I guess i should have talked to the manager while i was there, my mistake. I dont have any receipts but I didnt sign any pickup receipt either, unless he forged my signature[/QUOTE]

I would call the manager back immediately and tell him that you believe the employee was engaged in fraud and theft. They have surveillance cameras all over the store, so you should tell the manager you want to come down and see the footage showing your transaction. This is a very serious situation as that employee literally stole from you.

[quote name='The Punisher']Wait and see if u get a email that says if u pick it up. it should pop up within a day. That sounds like the bb guy try to pull something. U could have just refuse pickup and let it drag 7 days and the system would auto cancel after 7 days. Let us know what happens. If u get the email that u did pick up go talk to lp. Video will have evidence showing u when u try to pick it up and left empty handed.[/QUOTE]
I believe he stated he received the "picked up" email while he was still in the store. This is how he knows the CS rep did not cancel his order, but rather processed it as the customer picked it up. Hence the two receipts the CS rep was trying to hide.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']well i called the bestbuy just now and asked to speak to the manager. The manager said he wasn't aware of any problems and that there wasn't any notes or instructions about my order. He also said the person that helped me went home for the day.. so now I think i'm screwed. I guess i should have talked to the manager while i was there, my mistake. I dont have any receipts but I didnt sign any pickup receipt either, unless he forged my signature[/QUOTE]

call the BBB. i know people here will say the BBB cant do jack shit to a company but i was told i was going to get 10 bucks for some reason best buy fuck up my order... 4 months went by and i was kept telling you will get that 10 bucks sooner or later.... I called up the BBB and filed a report 48 hours later i had a 10 buck best buy gift card fed ex next day ....

[quote name='bojay1997']I would call the manager back immediately and tell him that you believe the employee was engaged in fraud and theft. They have surveillance cameras all over the store, so you should tell the manager you want to come down and see the footage showing your transaction. This is a very serious situation as that employee literally stole from you.[/QUOTE]
I truly believe the CS rep (and other employees) really could not find the games and that the rep made a mistake with the pick up and not cancelling the order...but I believe the mistake could have been reversed by a manager. Correct me if I'm wrong on the latter.

The bastards gave me pokemon rumble instead of rabbids rumble the other day, I got a $5 giftcard out of it but it was a pain to deal with. If I didn't already have Pokemon Rumble I would have kept it and I didn't know anybody that would want it.

I don't think they can cancel a store pickup at the store, I would have been livid if that was me.

[quote name='skiizim']The bastards gave me pokemon rumble instead of rabbids rumble the other day, I got a $5 giftcard out of it but it was a pain to deal with. If I didn't already have Pokemon Rumble I would have kept it and I didn't know anybody that would want it.

I don't think they can cancel a store pickup at the store, I would have been livid if that was me.[/QUOTE]

Wait, how does that happen? Dont they look at the paper title to see it match?

[quote name='slidecage']call the BBB. i know people here will say the BBB cant do jack shit to a company but i was told i was going to get 10 bucks for some reason best buy fuck up my order... 4 months went by and i was kept telling you will get that 10 bucks sooner or later.... I called up the BBB and filed a report 48 hours later i had a 10 buck best buy gift card fed ex next day ....[/QUOTE]

But it took you 4 months. Not worth the time

Just file with the Better Business Bureau and they will get back to you right quick.

Anyone take a picture of their receipt with Prototype 2? I want to PM it.

[quote name='skiizim']
I don't think they can cancel a store pickup at the store, I would have been livid if that was me.[/QUOTE]
Yes they can. I did it yesterday. I wanted to cancel a pick up order to free up the funds on my Pitch In card to make an in-store purchase instead. I was walking around the store on hold with CS to cancel for 15 minutes when an store rep asked if I needed help. I told her what I was doing an she said I could just go up to CS and cancel. Sure enough they did it in less than a minute. They said the funds would not go back on my card until 24-48 hours, but I knew better. Waited about ten minutes and bam! funds were back. I used the BB iPhone app to scan the card for the balance if you're wondering.

Mind you, this was before warehouse picked the item and had it ready for pick up, but the way she explained it you can do it at any stage.

[quote name='bojay1997']I would call the manager back immediately and tell him that you believe the employee was engaged in fraud and theft. They have surveillance cameras all over the store, so you should tell the manager you want to come down and see the footage showing your transaction. This is a very serious situation as that employee literally stole from you.[/QUOTE]

This is pretty much the only possible saving grace at this point; video of the employee hiding the receipts and you not getting any merchandise. Otherwise, there is practically no proof of what happened since it was "picked up" and the employee could have forged the signature.

And yes, orders can be cancelled in-store. I did that last year during the by $xx.00 in TV series, gt a $XX gift card. I ordered online, but when I got to the store, I noticed that deal was going on, in-store only. So I had them cancel and then bought in-store to get the free gift card.

is Saints Row The Third for 9.99 dead because i cant find it online

[quote name='sp00ge']This is pretty much the only possible saving grace at this point; video of the employee hiding the receipts and you not getting any merchandise. Otherwise, there is practically no proof of what happened since it was "picked up" and the employee could have forged the signature.

And yes, orders can be cancelled in-store. I did that last year during the by $xx.00 in TV series, gt a $XX gift card. I ordered online, but when I got to the store, I noticed that deal was going on, in-store only. So I had them cancel and then bought in-store to get the free gift card.[/QUOTE]

Difficulty: those cameras may not be pointed at the customer service desk by default. If there's no camera pointed at the desk for the period of time he was in-store, he'll have a tough time proving it.

bread's done
Back