New Best Buy Clearance Starting 3/17 (YMMV in Stores)- LIVE ONLINE NOW!

MasaTFC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
423 (100%)
iconbestbuy.gif
Sale is Live Online Now (thanks YoshiFan1)! Limit 3 of each title I believe.

Just heard that BB is having a clearance sale starting 3/17. Games up for grabs will be

3DS - Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! - 9.99
3DS - Classic Games Overload - 7.99
3DS - Finding Nemo: Escape to the big blue - 9.99
3DS - Pokemon Rumble Blast - 9.99
3DS - Rabbids Rumble - 7.99
3DS - Rayman Origins - 7.99
3DS - The Trash Pack - 9.99
NDS - Finding Nemo: Escape to the big blue - 7.99
NDS - Kirby Mass Attack - 7.99
NDS - Lego Ninjago Bundle - 9.99
PS3 - Battlfield Bad Company 2 Greatest Hits - 7.99
PS3 - Darksiders II - 14.99
PS3 - DJ Hero 2 Stand Alone Software - 2.99
PS3 - Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7 - 7.99
PS3 - MLB 12: The Show - 9.99
PS3 - NHL 12 - 9.99
PS3 - Saints Row The Third - 9.99
PS3 - Socom 4 - 9.99
PS3 - Starhawk - 9.99
PS3 - Xcom: Enemy Unknown - 14.99
Wii - Metriod: Other M - 7.99
Wii - Nintendo Selects: Pikmin 2 - 4.99
Wii - Sin & Punishment 2: Star Successor - 9.99
Wii - uDraw Dood's Big Adventure - 2.99
Wii U - Darksiders II - 19.99
X360 - Battlefield Bad Company 2 Platinum - 7.99
X360 - Darksiders II - 14.99
X360 - Dragon Age 2 - 4.99
X360 - Fable: The Journey - 9.99
X360 - NBA Baller Beats - 9.99
X360 - Red Faction Armageddon - 4.99

Stock will be limited at stores (think 1-5 copies a store), and since this is clearance there will not be any more copies made available/shipped out. Once they gone, they gone!

Other clearance items will include various phones and computers as well as unlisted games (again YMMV on those especially, thanks midnightmetal for that info), but I don't have much info on those. Happy Hunting!

Note-
"If you have rewardzone points they can be used in-store as well. Either print off the certificate from https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/ or ask the cashier to look up the certificate for you on the register....in order to do so they need your reward zone card or they can just look it up with your phone number. "

Note #2

emails are going out for a seperate clearance as well (credit to CrossFireXT17 for the link and stuff)

Here is the link to the big clearance for lots of things (the movies link doesn't work yet) http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-P...paignID=369667 ... think that should be pretty universal

Last edited by a moderator:
I just put an order in for Saints Row the Third, but I really wish I could have grabbed one of the copies of Pikmin 2. That $4.99 Sale Price is amazing.

.com refused my password, claimed the email wasn't in the database when I tried to reset it and refused to let me register a new acct. The phone folks got me reset, but it sold out while that was going on. They did give me 10% off Darksiders II Wii U though, so $18 on that.

i picked up ballers in montebello. when i left at around 7pm they still had 2 in stock. sadly i couldn't try it out as i don't have a pump for my slightly deflated ball. lol

My BB had 3 Avenger box sets left i got 1. Also got them to price match the used copy of Saints Row 3 which was 34.99 down to 9.99 to match. The lady Manager said they don't usually do that but I could tell she liked me so she did it this time. Its worth a try a least if you guys find a used copy instead of the new.

Going back tomorrow with trade ins for Xcom and Nemo 3ds.

Pikmin 2 was in stock when I went to order. It said my password was wrong, it said the account didn't exist when I tried to reset the password and it said the email address was already in the database when I tried to create a new account. Called the #, and by the time they got my password reset for me, it was sold out. After waiting for a bit to gripe to the supervisor about the website being stupid, they offered me 10% off a game. Was gonna use it on Darksiders II (Wii U), but that wasn't available for shipping either.

I asked them if the offered 10% was valid on preorders, and they said 'certainly.' So I preordered the "Mario 3D" that's listed on the website. They knocked 6 bucks off on that and it'll get here...eventually.

I'll take that over Pikmin 2, sure.

[quote name='mikepeluso']As someone who just owns an Xbox 360 this sale is depressing that all the good game are for other systems.[/QUOTE]

u do know once microsoft announces their new console, you will see those deals for the 360. the reason why so many ps3 games are being cleared out from bby is because the ps4 is a certainty, until something is announced, the retail store will not begin to remove stock.

this explains why tekken tag tournament 2 for the ps3 is not an active item at bby anymore, whereas the 360 version seems to be.

fwiw...frys sells a bunch of pre owned games and they have sr3 full package for 12.99..they had a lot of them for both systems..dunnomwhere they got em from..but since the dlc comes on disc for both versions its pretty much a steal. and all their pre owned games come in original cases with artwork...not sure about manual. but to be honest they look sealed lol

[quote name='PublikDefender']Xcom question:

I got the last copy of Xcom ps3 from my local store with the sticker "Includes the Elite Sodier Pack." The rest of the copies didn't have the sticker. I don't remember xcom having first-run limited edition copies so I'm a bit confused.

Is the "elite soldier pack" really limited to copies with the sticker or does every copy come with it?[/QUOTE]

The pack-in code is limited to those with the sticker ie first print run. The pack can be purchased seperately for $5.

Bought Saints Row 3 and Pikmin 2. Entered the code for SR3's online pass and it let me download Saints Row 2 as well. This deal just got better!

for those in WA:

grabbed the last Xcom left on shelf in Burlington, WA (Bellingham was out, but had plenty of ACIII and Halo 4 CE guides, not much of anything else) which also had 4x Pikmin 2 and several DS2, Halo 4 CE guides left by the end of the day

[quote name='WilliamG']Pikmin 2 back in stock. Just ordered one. Shows out of stock in search results but in stock on the product page. Winning![/QUOTE]

Thanks for this, just got an order in.

Picked up Pokemon Rumble Blast :)3ds:), Rayman Origins :)3ds:) and Dragon Age II :)360:).

There were TONS of copies of Dragon Age 2 at my local Best Buy. (Maybe about 20)

Got the only copy of Pokemon and got one of the last 3 of Rayman. Paid 3.xx out of pocket with a $20 RZC.

[quote name='paayter']u do know once microsoft announces their new console, you will see those deals for the 360. the reason why so many ps3 games are being cleared out from bby is because the ps4 is a certainty, until something is announced, the retail store will not begin to remove stock.

this explains why tekken tag tournament 2 for the ps3 is not an active item at bby anymore, whereas the 360 version seems to be.[/QUOTE]

That's a good point

[quote name='evuong']Calibur11 vault is back in stock[/QUOTE]

Not Available for Shipping

And none available anywhere locally.

[quote name='sp00ge']Not Available for Shipping

And none available anywhere locally.[/QUOTE]

It was like that for a long time from the last summer blowout sale when it was $15. I would like them to bring back gears of war, but I got lucky when this pop back up with free shipping. Keep a eye on it and it may change.

You should all check best buy's Facebook page. They have a clearance sale post and the quality of posts is hilarious. Too much love for amazon with your typical "I go to best buy to look and then amazon to buy it" or "clearance sale?, are you going out of business" and "customer service sucks ass" or "I couldn't return a product so fuck you".

I thought GameStop haters were bad , these guys are much worse.

[quote name='Manifest95']Well to his defense, he is offering free shipping. So by the time it ships, eBay take there fees, and then Paypal take THIER fees, he is probably only making $5 of the game if that.[/QUOTE]

Yep.

[quote name='oasisboy']You should all check best buy's Facebook page. They have a clearance sale post and the quality of posts is hilarious. Too much love for amazon with your typical "I go to best buy to look and then amazon to buy it" or "clearance sale?, are you going out of business" and "customer service sucks ass" or "I couldn't return a product so fuck you".

I thought GameStop haters were bad , these guys are much worse.[/QUOTE]

You should see the posts about the Reward Zone surveys. Talk about a bunch of entitled cry-babies. It really makes you weep for the future of this country, knowing these people exist.

:fridge:[quote name='oasisboy']You should all check best buy's Facebook page. They have a clearance sale post and the quality of posts is hilarious. Too much love for amazon with your typical "I go to best buy to look and then amazon to buy it" or "clearance sale?, are you going out of business" and "customer service sucks ass" or "I couldn't return a product so fuck you".

I thought GameStop haters were bad , these guys are much worse.[/QUOTE]
I'm as dissapointed as anybody that I missed all the games on my list and can find nothing but a lame crappy Pokemon spinoff. But really, $5 for Pikmin 2? That wasn't going to last, and everyone should know it. I hate that I miss it, and I really wish Best Buy would start a "limit one per customer" rule on these sales like they did with WiiU's launch, but I don't have any ill-will towards Best Buy (still my favorite retailer by far). I just wish policies would be put in place to stop El Hoardo, reading in this very thread about how people walked out with 3 or 4 copies of Pikmin 2 does indeed piss me off. :boxing:

Still, I am questiong this "clearance sale" in that there are far older games like Twilight Princess, Dead Space, and Arkham Asylum that are still being sold. Why are titles as new as Starhawk, Kirby's Mass Attack, and Pikmin 2 being cleared out? Surely AA/DS/TP aren't still selling tons of titles?

Edit: The stock on the website JUST went from "Out of Stock" to "available in 5-7 days". But the OP says this won't be restocked? It processed my order, should I expect a cancellation or is there any chance this will actually go through?

Last edited:
[quote name='sp00ge']You should see the posts about the Reward Zone surveys. Talk about a bunch of entitled cry-babies. It really makes you weep for the future of this country, knowing these people exist.[/QUOTE]
Then we got people like you crying about the other cry babies. :drool:

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Then we got people like you crying about the other cry babies. :drool:[/QUOTE]

So people cannot complain about the feeling of entitlement some have? I hope you were being sarcastic.:roll:

[quote name='Geco17']Thanks OP, will check tomorrow on these prices. Finally can pick up NBA Baller Beats and MLB The Show 12 to play with my vita :)[/QUOTE]

Ordered a copy of NBA Baller Beats. I almost bought it when it was $19.99. Now I can have a basketball when I want to hoop during the summer. Thanks OP!

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Ordered a copy of NBA Baller Beats. I almost bought it when it was $19.99. Now I can have a basketball when I want to hoop during the summer. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

I actually use that basketball, if anyone needs one I'd recommend buying it just for that...lol

[quote name='proKoyeon']I actually use that basketball, if anyone needs one I'd recommend buying it just for that...lol[/QUOTE]

Lol, thanks for that! I might even play the game too since I love music-rhythm games. I can't wait to see my coworker's faces when I leave with all of that loot today.

NBA Baller Beats
Assassin Creed Guide
Halo 4 Guide
Dragon's Dogma
Doom BFG PC $10
And two of the Vita accessories, lol.

[quote name='proKoyeon']I actually use that basketball, if anyone needs one I'd recommend buying it just for that...lol[/QUOTE]

I was curious about the ball myself. I assumed it was a cheap plastic "Walmart" type ball. If it's decent I may give it a look.

I wish they would have had more pikmin 2 stock, but I guess thats why its a clearance...I feel like sometimes they have these megasales on rare games just to get you into the store :)

Yesterday I went to my local BB, picked up my in store pickup of adventure time and an AC3 guide. They didn't have any xcom in stock but the guy at gaming went ahead and ordered me one to ship (probably from the wearhouse since the online has been sold out) and this morning got the confirmation that it shipped with a tracking number!

Awesome sale again from BB and awesome customer service since I didn't have to waste the gas to go to another BB to pick up xcom.

Also went home decided to use a $5 cert on the halo guide. Can't deny that $2.18 after tax for a well done hard cover is another solid deal.

If others are trying to get xcom the same way I did YMMV since stock is probably much lower but it might be possible.

Always, always, ALWAYS check in-store on anything clearance and/or otherwise. The store locator is unreliable when updating stock.

Anyone have luck trying to get BB to match Target on the clearance plus B2G1? I was able to do it at Target but called BB store and was told no. Just wondering it is worth it for me to run to the store and see if they would honor this for my receipt from yesterday?

Ordered SR3 for store pickup. Recieved SR3 The Full Package... win! Mesa, Az still had 2 xcoms and a few Halo guides left. There was a clearance bin of games but I didn't look through it.

Stopped in to my local BB this morning, came out with everything I was hoping to get: 16 gb vita memory card, Rayman Origins for 3DS and NBA Baller Beats. On an impulse I picked up Bad Company 2 as well, figured it was worth a shot for 8 bucks, I've heard good things.

If I was reselling these I wouldn't be doing it right after the sale, you will lose money, I would hold them till Xmas time, unless of course you are so desperate for money that you can't afford to not sell them right away. In fact I would probably stash it away and wait till the value jumps like what has happened to so many Gamecube games I bought on the cheap.

I could have easily walked out with 3 copies for legitimate uses, one for me, one for my cousin and one for my friend, the store I visited had plenty (10-20 copies easy) and no one else was getting them (probably because they were unmarked).

The BB in Manhattan had a couple PS3 BF2 GH but they rang up as 19.99, I did find 360 BF2 PH and PS3 Starhawk. 3DS/DS area was cleaned out.

Not sure if someone else had success, but I went into Target today and was able to PM Pikmin 2 for $5! Hope everyone else has success like I did!

Finally got a BBY to pm Targets b2g1. Got Xcom, Starhawk, and Darksiders 2 for 30. I would have rather mixed in Dragons Dogma but I thought that would be pushing it.

Struck out on Pikmin 2 . Maybe try another BBY on the way home. Did see 2 Kirby Mass Attack that I passed on. Saw a few Darksiders 2. Anyone knows if the XBX Darksiders 2 LE ( lenticular cover) is 14.99 this time around?

Starhawk, Adventure Time, NBA Baller Beats, Pikmin 2 as advertised.
Also picked up Splatterhouse (360) $5.99 &
Lost in Winds (Wii) $4.99

There is a large rack of clearance games at the Geneva, IL store. Power Gig (PS3) for $0.99

bread's done
Back