New Blizzard Game? Announcement at WWI

I highly HIGHLY doubt Blizzard is going to unveil a new MMO so soon... no way will they cannibalize WoW's sales. WoW has another 4 or 5 years left, AT LEAST.

They've only done one expansion pack, and it sold 2 million copies in 24 hours... another expansion in two years, and another one in another two years, THEN the next MMO. If Blizzard announced a World of Starcraft now, or something similar, all they will be doing is cutting their WoW fanbase by a ton, and supporting two very very large MMO's, which would be extremely costly.

It's been hinted at for a long time that it is Starcraft 2. It is either that or Diablo 3 (both are big in Korea)... it won't be a new Warcraft.

[quote name='Roufuss']I highly HIGHLY doubt Blizzard is going to unveil a new MMO so soon... no way will they cannibalize WoW's sales. WoW has another 4 or 5 years left, AT LEAST.[/quote]

Yeah. I could see them announcing it two or three years from now or so and then saying it'll release in a few more years with that announcement if such rumors turn out to be true.

[quote name='Roufuss']They've only done one expansion pack, and it sold 2 million copies in 24 hours... another expansion in two years, and another one in another two years, THEN the next MMO. If Blizzard announced a World of Starcraft now, or something similar, all they will be doing is cutting their WoW fanbase by a ton, and supporting two very very large MMO's, which would be extremely costly.[/quote]

It was closer to 2.4 million, just barely behind Halo 2. :p

I also doubt that there will be a 'World of Starcraft' if they do make a second MMO. I just don't see how it could be transitioned over into one well at all. Now Diablo on the other hand could easily transition over. Much easier than Warcraft ever did in my opinion. Either way I pretty much agree.

[quote name='Roufuss']It's been hinted at for a long time that it is Starcraft 2. It is either that or Diablo 3 (both are big in Korea)... it won't be a new Warcraft.[/quote]

Yeah with Blizzard mentioning Starcraft a lot in the past six months I really think it's that. Certainly won't be Warcraft like you said but I don't think it will be Diablo either. More so if that MMO stuff holds any water that was rumored in the blog.

I think it's starcraft 2 as well. Making another mmo doesnt make sense for them since they would just be taking away from wow sales and incurring the expenses of more new game development time/funds.
Not to mention of the stupidity of announcing a game that will be years in development and everyone asking "when's it coming out?" every 6 months.

They could easily slap some starcraft skins on the W3 engine, tweak a few things and churn out a new game.

Although a new diablo would be great. They sort of lost that action rpg crown to titan quest imo.

bread's done
Back