New BlockBuster Online Instore Deal. "Total Access" Starts Nov 2nd!

GizmoGC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
84 (98%)
Starting Nov. 2nd BBOnline will change in a very awesome way.

You will now be able to drop off movies sent to your door at any local Blockbuster instead of mailing it in. Once BB checks them in (right in front of you might I add), you're online quene will be updated and you're next movie will be sent out. However, it gets better. You will be able to get ANY movie in the store right then and there for FREE. So what it means is you are essentially getting two-three times more of rentals each month!

Stores will also be receiving laptops to allow new members to join BBOnline and even cancel their NetFlix account.

To summarize:
1. Return BBOnline movie inside Envelope mailer to any BB location.
2. You're online quene gets updated and you're next movie is sent out.
3. You get a free rental in store right away as an extra bonus for dropping off you're movie.

Same here, waiting till next week to maximize the potential.

[quote name='Brian9824']I'll probably open up an account for 2 at a time too. I use netflix for anime since blockbuster sucks as far as anime goes. I'd love a good source of new movies too.[/QUOTE]

I've been wanting to sign up for Netflix for the last month or so and just haven't gotten around to it. This sounds pretty enticing though.

There seem to be people with good and bad things to say about both services. Anyone tried both of them and have a strong preference?

thanks

[quote name='megashock5']I've been wanting to sign up for Netflix for the last month or so and just haven't gotten around to it. This sounds pretty enticing though.

There seem to be people with good and bad things to say about both services. Anyone tried both of them and have a strong preference?

thanks[/quote]

i have been using both for quite some time now...their average ship speed is about the same for me...1 to 3 days...i live in NC. i sub to both because i have an addiction to taiyo yudens ;). i can get a full tv series at one time by using 2 services rather than 1.

I've tried them both. Netflix definately had the better selection (especially on imports & anime), but Blockbuster shipped much quicker.

Blockbuster, i usually receive the stuff the day after its shipped (unless its coming from an actual Blockbuster store). When i return the dvds, theyre marked as received about 12 hours later. This in-store return thing is going to be a huge help for speed. Plus its nice not having to waste ink everytime i want a free in store rental.

....This way, not only do you enjoy the benefits online, but you also help out your local Blockbuster as opposed to a random Blockbuster in Timbuktu that you will probably never visit.....

help out your local blockbuster...it think all the money still goes to the corporation. 55050 works as a promo code for 30 free days also

I've used both and usually find netflix to be quicker. It really depends though. I have a distribution center an hour from my house so with netflix its usually 1 day from when I ship back till they get, sometimes 2.

I usually get my next dvd the day after if it ships from that warehouse and 2 days if it ships from elsewhere.

For instance, this thursday I stuck 2 dvds in my mailbox. They recieved them on friday and I got my next 2 today on saturday.

I should also add I had a major issue with blockbuster/ They sent me the SAME broken disc 3 times in a row after I mailed it back. I know it was same one because after they mailed it out i made a tiny mark on label before mailing it back.

On a side note....I HATE the new website. Seems slow and convoluted. Also, they don't update things as fast. I usually check the RELEASING THIS WEEK section for New Releases and they are a week behind.

Wish we could get some more details on this.

Like are they going to restrict the free in-store rentals you get for returning the online stuff to the store (ie., no 2-day new releases, etc.)?

And are they going to change the online plans / prices as a result of this? I'm currently just in the 1-at-a-time $9.99 plan so this would really benefit me.

No change to online plans. They will stay the same price and the same amount out.

You won't know anything until BB chooses to release info. Everything you are reading right now is from BB insiders.

Also, like Ive said before, its for ANY movie n the store. Regardless if its a 2 Day release, 7 Day release, 4 minute release, whatever. If its a movie, if its in-stock, its freeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

FYI- While the new program doesn't officially release until Nov. 2nd, all stores have the capability to run it already. So, if you're already with Blockbuster Online, try bringing in your online movie and ask the store if they are running it already. I know our store and the majority of the other stores in our district are already doing this (we started this weekend). There are definitely no restrictions on what movies you can pick out in exchange for your online movie. The only thing I haven't tried yet is to see if the online rental can be exchanged for a game. I'm pretty sure it can't be done, but I won't know until someone tries.

From what Ive heard to get a 'free movie' all you need to do is scan a barcode...which also worked for games back in my day,

[quote name='gizmogc']From what Ive heard to get a 'free movie' all you need to do is scan a barcode...which also worked for games back in my day,[/quote]

Yeah, it's just the barcode on the online movie. It's just a matter of whether or not Blockbuster programmers remembered to exclude games from the deal or not. I'll try it out on my next shift.

I had joined Blockbuster online before so can I still get the one month free trial now? For the free in store rental I get for returning my online rental, do I have to rent a free in store movie right there when I returned my online rental or can I rent movie at a later time (does it have an expiration date for the free in store rental)?

[quote name='yogi99']I had joined Blockbuster online before so can I still get the one month free trial now? For the free in store rental I get for returning my online rental, do I have to rent a free in store movie right there when I returned my online rental or can I rent movie at a later time (does it have an expiration date for the free in store rental)?[/quote]

The free rental has to be done at the time you bring in your online movie. As for getting another free month of Blockbuster Online, if you use the same info you used on your last account, then no. If you have a different credit card #, then yes you can. Simply create a new e-mail address, put in your name, a fake address (for both mailing and billing), and the new credit card #. If it tells you the address doesn't exist, just tell it to continue anyways. Once you are signed up, go into my account and change the adresses to your real address. Using this method, you can get as many free trials as you have credit card #'s. For those of you who don't have credit card #'s, but have paypal accounts, you can have paypal instantly issue you a virtual credit card # which you can use for a free trial as well.

man i signed up sunday for this and still nothing has shipped

paid 10 bucks for one month. either they are getting hammered with request or something.

also the new webpage just sucks

find it intersting i sign up on OCT 29 but it says next billing DEC 1

so maybe that means i can expect nothing to ship out till NOV 1 ?

[quote name='gizmogc']slide, You signed up YESTERDAY. Movies obviously are not sent out right away. Why even bother responding to you.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about movies are not sent out right away. both times i was with netflix movies shipped within 24 hours

when i was with blockbuster before everytime i opened up an account the movies shipped by the end of the day i signed up

it even says movies are shipped out within a day. so how long does it take before the ship the movies out then

[quote name='slidecage']What are you talking about movies are not sent out right away. both times i was with netflix movies shipped within 24 hours

when i was with blockbuster before everytime i opened up an account the movies shipped by the end of the day i signed up

it even says movies are shipped out within a day. so how long does it take before the ship the movies out then[/QUOTE]

NetFlix is not BB.
You singed up for BB on a SUNDAY
Has it been a FULL day yet?

Ugh, I need to block you for good now. I'm tired of all the Short Bus people in the last week.

[quote name='gizmogc']NetFlix is not BB.
You singed up for BB on a SUNDAY
Has it been a FULL day yet?

Ugh, I need to block you for good now. I'm tired of all the Short Bus people in the last week.[/QUOTE]

UMMM monday is one day after sunday. Movies should of shipped out by tonight and nothing shipped its been 36 hours and nothing

and the other 2 times i was with blockbuster (used them on and off since 2004) everything shipped within 24 hours

I'll give this a shot. I speak a wide variety of languages. Let's see if one translates into that uncommon dialect known as slidecage

[quote name='slidecage']NOW do you have to wait till you return those 3 In store movies before the next 3 ship out to you or do they ship out 3 more movies even though you might have those 3 in store still rented[/quote]
No. When you turn in an Online movie at your local BB, two things happen.
1) Your Online Queue Status is updated. It is reported that you have returned your Online Movie, and the next movie in your Online Queue is shipped out.
2) You are given a free regular, store rental. You have to return it within however many days BB expects their rentals back by (I haven't rented a movie in years, I have no idea what the rental periods are) or you will be charged an overdue fee from that store.

If you return two movies at once, then your queue is updated and TWO movies will be shipped out, and you are permitted TWO free store rentals. Three for three and so forth.

Bear in mind that if you have Movie X in your Online Queue and you use one of your free store rentals to take home Movie X that night, Movie X will still be in your Online Queue and will still be sent out to you when it is NEXT in Queue. So don't waste free rentals.

[quote name='slidecage']UMMM monday is one day after sunday. Movies should of shipped out by tonight and nothing shipped its been 36 hours and nothing [/QUOTE]I haven't been following this issue so I don't know the details. But slidecage Sugar, give them one BUSINESS day. Just like the post office... if you put something in the mailbox on Sunday, no one will pick it up till Monday and then it has to go through processing and all the rest.

In this case, if you just signed up on a Sunday no one will begin authorizing your account until Monday and movies very likely won't begin shipping for a few days. Be patient.

[quote name='guinaevere']I'll give this a shot. I speak a wide variety of languages. Let's see if one translates into that uncommon dialect known as slidecage

1) Your Online Queue Status is updated. It is reported that you have returned your Online Movie, and the next movie in your Online Queue is shipped out.
2) You are given a free regular, store rental. You have to return it within however many days BB expects their rentals back by (I haven't rented a movie in years, I have no idea what the rental periods are) or you will be charged an overdue fee from that store.

If you return two movies at once, then your queue is updated and TWO movies will be shipped out, and you are permitted TWO free store rentals. Three for three and so forth.

Bear in mind that if you have Movie X in your Online Queue and you use one of your free store rentals to take home Movie X that night, Movie X will still be in your Online Queue and will still be sent out to you when it is NEXT in Queue. So don't waste free rentals.

I haven't been following this issue so I don't know the details. But slidecage Sugar, give them one BUSINESS day. Just like the post office... if you put something in the mailbox on Sunday, no one will pick it up till Monday and then it has to go through processing and all the rest.

In this case, if you just signed up on a Sunday no one will begin authorizing your account until Monday and movies very likely won't begin shipping for a few days. Be patient.[/QUOTE]

just saying i never had to wait this long before for anything to ship out and that includes all the times i been with blockbuster before. Also on other thread there has been some people who said they have waited 3 days and nothing has shipped .

i probally just give them a month cause when i called to cancell my cable i was offered hbo/showtime/stars (22 movie channels) for 12.95 per month for all 3. combine that with the hollywood video coupons i got i probally just go that route

thanks

When you scan your BBonline movie at a BB, your entitled to just a FREE MOVIE or "Free Rental" meaning Movie/Game? Also, do New Releases count in this?

Everything else I understand. Just wonder if you can use your BBOnline for free game rentals. That'd be very nice...

[quote name='guinaevere']I'll give this a shot. I speak a wide variety of languages. Let's see if one translates into that uncommon dialect known as slidecage

I haven't been following this issue so I don't know the details. But slidecage Sugar, give them one BUSINESS day. Just like the post office... if you put something in the mailbox on Sunday, no one will pick it up till Monday and then it has to go through processing and all the rest.

In this case, if you just signed up on a Sunday no one will begin authorizing your account until Monday and movies very likely won't begin shipping for a few days. Be patient.[/QUOTE]

Can you believe slidecage is an ACTUAL adult? Yeah, seriously. All I ask is that he does not reproduce. Sadly, I think he will. I'm sure we will get a post in the future that goes something like this "i gots those condominians at 7/11 with slurpee. i put it on and it hurts. did it work? i peed right in it. girlsaid it was awesome!!!!1111!"

Anyways,

For some odd reason this is starting Thursday, but my local store is taking them back already.

[quote name='lilboo']When you scan your BBonline movie at a BB, your entitled to just a FREE MOVIE or "Free Rental" meaning Movie/Game? Also, do New Releases count in this?

Everything else I understand. Just wonder if you can use your BBOnline for free game rentals. That'd be very nice...[/QUOTE]

Any DVD in the store. Any. It can be "Resevoir Dogs", "Finding Nemo", "Click", or "MI:III". If its a DVD, and its instock, its free.

Does this apply to games? No, not really. I'm sure some will get away with it
Dpes this apply to HD-DVD/Blu-Ray? Unknown at this point, but again YMMV.

BBOnline stopped doing free game rentals a long time ago. Its been movies since. early 06.

[quote name='slidecage']just saying i never had to wait this long before for anything to ship out and that includes all the times i been with blockbuster before. Also on other thread there has been some people who said they have waited 3 days and nothing has shipped .[/quote]
It happens. Sometimes our orders or accounts go through right away, other times they get held up for no explicable reason.

i probally just give them a month cause when i called to cancell my cable i was offered hbo/showtime/stars (22 movie channels) for 12.95 per month for all 3. combine that with the hollywood video coupons i got i probally just go that route
Depending on the company, sometimes you get very nice incentives to stay a customer.

I recently did that with my Credit company. I have been a customer of XX for many years. I'm always being offered new offers from other companies with better rates and benefits. So I contacted my company and told them that I'm considering closing my account with them and going with a better offer. Within eight days, my interest rate was cut in half and my credit limit was doubled.

That's not going to happen every time, obviously. It's just a personal example.

[quote name='gizmogc']Can you believe [/QUOTE]
Eh. I'm not bothered by questions. At least ... not yet.
blush.gif

[quote name='gizmogc']Any DVD in the store. Any. It can be "Resevoir Dogs", "Finding Nemo", "Click", or "MI:III". If its a DVD, and its instock, its free.

Does this apply to games? No, not really. I'm sure some will get away with it
Dpes this apply to HD-DVD/Blu-Ray? Unknown at this point, but again YMMV.

BBOnline stopped doing free game rentals a long time ago. Its been movies since. early 06.[/QUOTE]

*Sigh* :( But hey, it's still a pretty good deal! I've always wondered why BBOnline never did Movie and Game rentals?? It'd be such a great idea!!

This is good though. I was going to sign up for an online rental service soon for the winter..this just might be what I sign up for! ...Especially at 1 out at a time and getting a free in-store rental?! Niiice. Thanks for the info Giz!

I'm glad they'll let you get ANY new release, has this been officially confirmed? A guy I work with cannot get 2-day rentals with the FREE 4 In-Store coupons you get with your account. Also, will they keep those also? He talked to someone at BB and they said they are getting rid of the printable coupons you get with your online account.

I still CAN rent games with my in-store coupons. I was grandfathered in, so it's a GREAT deal for me still, since Games are $8 to rent.

[quote name='doubledown']I'm glad they'll let you get ANY new release, has this been officially confirmed? A guy I work with cannot get 2-day rentals with the FREE 4 In-Store coupons you get with your account. Also, will they keep those also? He talked to someone at BB and they said they are getting rid of the printable coupons you get with your online account.

I still CAN rent games with my in-store coupons. I was grandfathered in, so it's a GREAT deal for me still, since Games are $8 to rent.[/QUOTE]

i was told the coupons would move to 1 per month.

MI 3 and scary movie 4 seem to be in the process of shipping today

This is why i liked the old site better then the new site. The old site you can try to remove movies and they tell you if they are process or not .

Plus the new site just lags too much.

hopefully the movies ship today i get them Thursday and return them Friday for 2 more movies ( dont see a 3rd movie in process of shipping yet

MI 3
Scary movie 4
butterfly effect 2

all shipped today. est time Thursday (probally wont be till Friday) if i get them THursday i will run them all bck to the store Friday. If i get them FRIDAY i take them back saturday.

I just looked at the upcoming movies and there is really nothing i want to rent so i doubt i will be sticking around much

anyone know why a 2 disc movie counts as 1 in store but 2 online

I think all the info is pretty much "rumor" right now. I still get 2 coupon rentals a month, while the newer people get 1 a week. And the newer people can only rent older movies In-Store.

We'll see what changes....I hate the new site also though. Slow, convoluted, out of date. No shipping issues though

And now the stores have laptops with internet access so you can change your que right in the store. And have you ever had a netflix dvd that was damaged? You have to wait days to get a replacement. With being able to swap a damaged dvd for a good one (for free)at a brick and mortor Blockbuster store, there is an instant fix.

Esentially, you can now have 3 movies being mailed to you and three movies from the store. You can use the promo code 39326 for a free month trial offer.

Alright, now im confused, i keep reading that its 1 free rental when you bring back all your movies, then i read its 1 free rental per dvd returned.

Which is correct? I cant imagine it being very profitable to give someone up to 8 free rentals in one visit.

Return a BBOnline Mailer and get 1 Free Rental.
Return 2 BBOnline Mailers and get 2 Free Rentals.
Return 3 BBOnline Mailers and get 3 Free Rentals.

Will see if this works for HD movies when they arrive next week.

I just signed up and received some info on Total Access.

Your membership includes a complimentary upgrade to BLOCKBUSTER Total Access™.
Here's how it works: We mail each DVD separately in its own self-addressed postage-paid return envelope. You will receive a confirmation e-mail letting you know when each individual title is shipped. Keep it as long as you like. Watch it as often as you want. There's never an extended viewing fee.
When you're ready to return an online DVD, you have a choice:
  • Place the DVD in the return envelop and drop it in the mail. Once the DVD is received at our distribution center, we'll ship out the next available movie in your Queue.
  • Or, if you'd like a new movie right away, place the DVD in a return envelope and bring it to your local participating BLOCKBUSTER store where you can exchange it for a free in-store movie rental*. The next movie in your Queue will ship out right away and the store will even mail back your online DVD for you.
The choice is yours!
Have questions about BLOCKBUSTER Total Access™ See complete program details here.
Here are some tips for making the most of BLOCKBUSTER Online:
  • The Queue is the heart of your membership. The movies you add to the Queue are the ones we send you, based on availability. Keep at least 30 titles in the Queue at all times.
  • Rating Movies helps us recommend titles that are tailored to your tastes. The more you rate, the better our recommendations.
  • Preferences allows you to set genre preferences and rating controls.
  • Report DVD Issues lets us know if you've experienced a problem with a specific DVD.
Still have questions? Check our FAQs and Help information.
As soon as you add some DVD titles to the Queue, we'll send the first available titles to you.
Thanks,
Your Friends at BLOCKBUSTER Online
*In-store rentals are subject to regular rental terms and conditions including due dates and charges which may apply to product kept beyond the due date. A separate, complimentary, in-store membership is required. In-store rentals must be returned to the store where rented. See your local, participating BLOCKBUSTER store for complete rental terms. E-coupons for in-store rentals are deposited in the 'My Account' section on your billing date. FREE in-store rentals do not count towards BLOCKBUSTER Rewards® benefits. See e-coupon and blockbuster.com for more details.

[quote name='nativetongue88']i have a weird feeling that they will have this "total access" for a month or two and then end up charging like 5$ extra for it.[/QUOTE]

probally cause look at this

Your membership includes a complimentary upgrade to BLOCKBUSTER Total Access

Meaning that in time the upgrade will cost money probally

Yeah, I wonder if they will charge for this....seems interesting. Maybe only certain memberships will get this. I may switch to 1 at a time though if the rentals are good for HD-DVD's.

It works.

I brought in 3, they told me to keep them til checkout or you can return them through the slot and you'll have credit on your account for each rental. You pick our your movies, check out, and they send out your next ones.

[quote name='OzCatter']It works.

I brought in 3, they told me to keep them til checkout or you can return them through the slot and you'll have credit on your account for each rental. You pick our your movies, check out, and they send out your next ones.[/QUOTE]

Hate to break it to you but that employee must not know what they are talking about. You can't drop the item in the slot, you must bring it with you to check out.

[quote name='slidecage']probally cause look at this

Your membership includes a complimentary upgrade to BLOCKBUSTER Total Access

Meaning that in time the upgrade will cost money probally[/QUOTE]

Ugh. Its permanent. Atleast for the next YEAR. YEAR. YEAR. YEAR. YEAR. YEAR.

But please give us updates on you're current status of BBOnline. I am on the edge of my seat.

Interesting, the two movies i had checked in instore are still on my queue; but they still sent out 2 more movies (so it says i have 7 out right now).

Ah well; im sure they'll clear in a few days

[quote name='wolverinefactor']Hate to break it to you but that employee must not know what they are talking about. You can't drop the item in the slot, you must bring it with you to check out.[/quote]

The official paper they got said they could, they just had to log it and shiz

Does anyone have an updated distribution list? I live in Guam, and I'm hoping Blockbuster has set up a distro center on Hawaii like Netflix. If not, that will suck balls.

*****JUST CAME BACK FROM BLOCKBUSTER***

I had three online movies to return. Took them in and got 3 free in-store rentals. They can be new releases too. I walked out with Mission Impossible 3, Garfield 2, and Diego Saves Christmas (nickelodeon cartoon for nephew).

[quote name='OzCatter']It works.

I brought in 3, they told me to keep them til checkout or you can return them through the slot and you'll have credit on your account for each rental. You pick our your movies, check out, and they send out your next ones.[/QUOTE]

If you drop them in the outside slot and come in to get movies, you need a fork in your eye. I hated people like that.

You'll have a much easier time if you just hold on to them until you checkout.

bread's done
Back