New Blu-Ray BOGO titles at Amazon (new movies and box sets)

shit...they have a couple of the box sets as well

damn...just dropped another $116 on 6 movies and 2 boxsets for a total of 14 movies...i have to tally up everything later

First post here so hello all.

I saw this deal on another site I go to before I came here, but I picked up Blood Diamond and Gods&Generals.

Seeing it updated I may go back and pick up Happy Feet for the girlfriend and either The Samurai or Troy.

I just picked up 300 and Troy, thanks!

Now I am trying to find another movie to go with The Last Samurai...

Couldn't help myself...picked up The Departed and The Fountain and the Coby digital headphones for $5.08 to get free shipping. Thanks OP.

WOAH. Thanks for adding 300 Amazon!!!! I've been waiting for this title to go on sale. YAY! Got it with The Fountain. Also ended up picking up Good Fellas and The Road Warrior for a total of 8 movies from this sale.

[quote name='pbaz11']Couldn't help myself...picked up The Departed and The Fountain and the Coby digital headphones for $5.08 to get free shipping. Thanks OP.[/quote]

You don't need to add the Coby headphones. They still give you free shipping even though your order is only $19.99! I'm guessing they determine you are eligible for free shipping before they apply the BOGO.

You've got to be kidding me! I spent an hour last night deciding on what to buy and then they add more! Easy picks too! 300 and unforgiven and awesome ones! Arg... must resist buying more...

[quote name='TimPV3']Holy shit, you could get both Best of Bluray volumes for $56! $7 per movie.[/quote]

Im considering this. Does anyone know if they come in separate packages, ie if i dont like 1 movie i could sell standalone?

Damnit, I should have ordered yesterday!
Two of the movies I really wanted are gone.

Ah well.
Ordered:

Deliverance
Good Night, and Good Luck
Rio Bravo
The Searchers
The Wild Bunch
A Christmas Story

[quote name='pooky'] Im considering this. Does anyone know if they come in separate packages, ie if i dont like 1 movie i could sell standalone?[/quote]The movies come in a thin box slip. But the movies are seperate like normal.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Im considering this. Does anyone know if they come in separate packages, ie if i dont like 1 movie i could sell standalone?[/QUOTE]

Yes, they do, but I don't know if they are individually sealed inside the box they come in.

That's a helluva deal, and the title should be edited to reflect 8 BR movies for $57. Christ I wish I didn't have some of them already.

EDIT: If you have the 10% off promo (if you bought 2 BR movies in 2006, you got 10% of all BR orders throughout 2007), it takes it off *before* the other discounts. I ordered A Christmas Story (I know, I know), Blood Diamond, Enter the Dragon, and Rio Bravo for $33.84 shipped. Huzzah!

Here's the new list of movies available:

16 Blocks
Alexander, Revisited - The Final Cut
Battle of the Bulge
Blood Diamond
Christmas Story, A
Deliverance
Departed, The
Dirty Dozen, The
Enter the Dragon
Fountain, The
Fugitive, The
Full Metal Jacket (crappy version)
Good Night, and Good Luck
GoodFellas
Happy Feet
House of Wax
Last Samurai, The
Lethal Weapon 2
Letters from Iwo Jima
March of the Penguins
Music and Lyrics
National Geographic - Relentless Enemies
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Phantom of the Opera, The
Rio Bravo
Road Warrior, The
Scanner Darkly, A
Searchers, The
TMNT
Troy (Director's Cut)
Under Seige
Unforgiven
Viva Las Vegas
We Are Marshall
Wild Bunch, The
Wyatt Earp

Best of Blu-Ray Vol. 1
(Lethal Weapon / The Road Warrior / Swordfish / Training Day)
Best of Blu-Ray Vol. 2
(The Last Samurai / The Phantom of the Opera / Unforgiven / The Fugitive)

[quote name='mykevermin']Yes, they do, but I don't know if they are individually sealed inside the box they come in.
[/quote]

That would explain why im seeing stuff on half.com saying brand new but not shrinkwrapped for ones i don't need.

Damn you, dallow, for telling me about the new assortment. I ordered Scanner Darkly and A Christmas Story. Departing about some others, though that's for tomorrow morning.

[quote name='shrike4242']Damn you, dallow, for telling me about the new assortment. I ordered Scanner Darkly and A Christmas Story. Departing about some others, though that's for tomorrow morning.[/quote]:D

Hard to resist at 10 bucks a pop I know.

[quote name='CAG 79']How long do these deals usually last? I don't get paid until Friday.[/quote]Just started yesterday, I think you'll be safe.

Maybe a week or so?

Just bought all 3 Best of sets despite only 2 of them being on the B1G1 free... with the 10% off brings all 3 sets to $98.61. Sell the blu-rays I don't want (probably between 2-5 of them) (should be able to get at least $15 a piece for them) and I'm in good shape.

[quote name='dallow']Just started yesterday, I think you'll be safe.

Maybe a week or so?[/quote]

they seem to be changing the lists so might be best to jump on it while you can.

i think the last one lasted around 4-5 days. i'm still kicking myself for not picking up both pirates during the disney BOGO.

ok...i went crazy with this round of BOGO but i just could not resist

The Dirty Dozen
The Wild Bunch
The Searchers
GoodFellas
Rio Bravo
Wyatt Earp
March of the Penguins ( added to the cart and forgot to swap it out with something else...read the quality is not as good as it should be:cry: )
Alexander Revisited
Best of blu-ray 1 (4 movies)
Best of Blu-ray 2 (4 movies)
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Superman Returns
Superman
Superman 2
The Cowboys
Enter the Dragon
Bullitt
Battle of the Bulge
Happy feet
Letters from Iwo Jima
TMNT
Troy Directors cut

28 movies for $269...some will definately be resold after i watch them...

Shit, three of the new movies added are ones that I bought last week during Amazon's B2G1 free sale. I coulda waited for this one--of course, waiting for these deals is akin to gambling: you just don't know when to take the deal and walk away or sit and wait in hopes of an even better deal tomorrow.

Anybody recommend Letters from Iwo Jima? I'm thinking about getting it with Happy Feet.

[quote name='Jedi1979']ok...i went crazy with this round of BOGO but i just could not resist

The Dirty Dozen
The Wild Bunch
The Searchers
GoodFellas
Rio Bravo
Wyatt Earp
March of the Penguins ( added to the cart and forgot to swap it out with something else...read the quality is not as good as it should be:cry: )
Alexander Revisited
Best of blu-ray 1 (4 movies)
Best of Blu-ray 2 (4 movies)
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Superman Returns
Superman
Superman 2
The Cowboys
Enter the Dragon
Bullitt
Battle of the Bulge
Happy feet
Letters from Iwo Jima
TMNT
Troy Directors cut

28 movies for $269...some will definately be resold after i watch them...[/quote]

Jesus. Maybe two of those movies are keepers..

Kiss kiss Bang Bang
Troy Directors Cut

And yes, MOTP blows. The PQ is terrible.. audio is pretty sub par too.

you're better off grabbing the dvd and letting it get upconverted..

Happy Feet is an amazing looking movie.. just not a rewatcher.. but definite demo material.

IWO JIMA is a great movie.. definite recommend.. great story.. some cool extras too :)

i am a sucker for the classics...especially with the way they remastered some of them...also i figure probably half may end up on ebay or traded so at $9.60 a movie it is a pretty safe bet

and for somebody who has over 250 hi def movies it seems to be a little weird hearing you say there are very few keepers on this list;)

[quote name='Jedi1979']i am a sucker for the classics...especially with the way they remastered some of them...also i figure probably half may end up on ebay or traded so at $9.60 a movie it is a pretty safe bet

and for somebody who has over 250 hi def movies it seems to be a little weird hearing you say there are very few keepers on this list;)[/quote]

One of these days ILl post a pic of the collection, youll notice theres absolutely 0 classics.. I think maybe .. as i glance over at it.. hurting my back in the process.

The classics, I.e. not from the past few years..

Robocop
Species

Only two movies outta 250+ that arent from lets say the past 5-6 years..

My friends get all the old movies.. Im not a fan -_-V

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']One of these days ILl post a pic of the collection, youll notice theres absolutely 0 classics.. I think maybe .. as i glance over at it.. hurting my back in the process.

The classics, I.e. not from the past few years..

Robocop
Species

Only two movies outta 250+ that arent from lets say the past 5-6 years..

My friends get all the old movies.. Im not a fan -_-V[/quote]
How old are you? :whistle2:s

I love the classics, that's why they're classics! Haha

Of course, I can only justify buying them if there is a huge difference in PQ and AQ compared to previous releases AND if I haven't watched it to death.

Man, their previous B1G1, then DD's 20% and B1G1's, NOW this one, I'm gonna end up in a world of hurt -_-

[quote name='Inf^Shini']How old are you? :whistle2:s

I love the classics, that's why they're classics! Haha

Of course, I can only justify buying them if there is a huge difference in PQ and AQ compared to previous releases AND if I haven't watched it to death.

Man, their previous B1G1, then DD's 20% and B1G1's, NOW this one, I'm gonna end up in a world of hurt -_-[/quote]

21. Never been a fan of older movies.. I didnt even enjoy robocop.. the second one was wayyy better.. then it went downhill.

Species was a great flick, mainly cuz the chick was nude the entire movie.

ANYWAYS -_-V

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']21. Never been a fan of older movies.. I didnt even enjoy robocop.. the second one was wayyy better.. then it went downhill.

ANYWAYS -_-V[/quote]
I bet anything that a few more years from now you will start to watch all the old classics and love them.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']21. Never been a fan of older movies.. I didnt even enjoy robocop.. the second one was wayyy better.. then it went downhill.

ANYWAYS -_-V[/quote]

:shock: you my friend are missing out...especially with what has been done to bring them to HD...but to each is own

and i wasnt a big fan of the classics till they started showing up on DVD and now that they are in HD i am playing catch-up as fast as i can...

ANYWAYS -_-V[/quote]
Heh, I'm 21 also. Well everyone has their own preference.
I was raised watching a lot of classics n' such, and I'm just a big fan of em. Sandlot anyone? :D

do you guys have any idea when this is gonna end? i dont have any cash until friday so i really REALLY need this offer to last at least thru then! if it doesnt stay till friday, do u think theyll do a blu ray BOGO one more time before christmas?

help!!

:cry::cry::cry:

I have to say the movies they have listed do not seem worth it to me. I have them on DVD and do not see the point in geting it on HD at this time due to price or they are not something I would watch. Oh well I really don't need more on the credit card. Also I do not see the point in geting a Bluray or HD DVD unless the movie has been made in the past 3-5 years. Some of what you all are calling classics were not shot in HD so why get it on HD. Some times the quality is wors then on the normal dvd(Halloween for example). However this is all comeing from a guy that bought Animal House on HD for about 10 bucks more then the normal DVD.

[quote name='sendme']I have to say the movies they have listed do not seem worth it to me. I have them on DVD and do not see the point in geting it on HD at this time due to price or they are not something I would watch. Oh well I really don't need more on the credit card. Also I do not see the point in geting a Bluray or HD DVD unless the movie has been made in the past 3-5 years. Some of what you all are calling classics were not shot in HD so why get it on HD. Some times the quality is wors then on the normal dvd(Halloween for example). However this is all comeing from a guy that bought Animal House on HD for about 10 bucks more then the normal DVD.[/quote]Doesn't matter if they were shot on in HD cameras or not.

They were shot on film, which is what, hundreds of times the resolution of HD?
Film is far superior.

The movie, old or not, will look as good as the job the studio does with it.
Some classics look a hell of a lot better than recent movies with crappy transfers.

[quote name='sendme']I have to say the movies they have listed do not seem worth it to me. I have them on DVD and do not see the point in geting it on HD at this time due to price or they are not something I would watch. Oh well I really don't need more on the credit card. Also I do not see the point in geting a Bluray or HD DVD unless the movie has been made in the past 3-5 years. Some of what you all are calling classics were not shot in HD so why get it on HD. Some times the quality is wors then on the normal dvd(Halloween for example). However this is all comeing from a guy that bought Animal House on HD for about 10 bucks more then the normal DVD.[/quote]

lol...obviously not every old movie or even newer movie is not perfect in HD but the ones that they took the time to remaster look amazing...go take a look at The Searchers...i was blown away when i first put that in...and for $10 a movie with this deal, it is well worth it especially if you dont have the dvd versions

Edit: I agree with what dallow said as well

Does anyone know if I order the 2 best of blu ray and 2 more will they credit 1 of the best of or give me the 2 cheapermovies for free.

[quote name='dakidiznice']Does anyone know if I order the 2 best of blu ray and 2 more will they credit 1 of the best of or give me the 2 cheapermovies for free.[/quote]

Higher price always prevails so the 2 cheaper movies will be the freebies. You'll have to submit 2 seperate orders.

bread's done
Back