NEW CAG Club Nintendo U (I2B - WWHD; See 1st Post for New Info)

[quote name='ratzombie']I wish I had enough coins. :([/QUOTE]

Yo también, amigo. :( I'm like 350 coins short, though, so it's not even worth trying at this point.

[quote name='Doomed']Does Rhythm Heaven DS come with a registration code?[/QUOTE]Yes and blast it all I just had to be at work all day yesterday. Balls............I hope they restock.

Shit, I wish I had the coins for that medal (even though they're gone now). Guess I'll have to get gouged on eBay. :(

[quote name='Rig']Shit, I wish I had the coins for that medal (even though they're gone now). Guess I'll have to get gouged on eBay. :([/QUOTE]

No need fore ebay, you can get gouged by me right here on CAG.

For the medal. I'll take your:

:gc: Star Fox Adventures
:gc: Super Mario Sunshine
:gc: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
:ds: New Super Mario Bros.

You pay for shipping.

TWO NEW INTEND TO BUYS

Can you guess? Are you blind? If you are, how are you reading this?

That's right, it's...

Pokemon Black Version 2 :ds:

and

Pokemon White Version 2 :ds:

Both expire 9/30/12

Just a reminder: Today is the last day to complete the Intend to Buy survey for Kirby's Dream Collection.

Has there been any thought about moving this thread to the Deals section? We'd definitely get a lot more views and/or discussion. Precedent has already been set whether it would be deal worthy or not with the threads concerning the coin value changes, golden nunchuck, and Kirby coin.

I think I'm going to pick up Pokemon White 2 at some point, I've never played a Pokemon game so I figure why not give one a try, especially since I'm holding off on picking up a 3DS for now, so another DS game would be good.

I think the thread is better off here, most of the threads that aren't deals that get posted in the deals section end up cluttered by people complaining that they shouldn't be there.

[quote name='Sway']Has there been any thought about moving this thread to the Deals section? We'd definitely get a lot more views and/or discussion. Precedent has already been set whether it would be deal worthy or not with the threads concerning the coin value changes, golden nunchuck, and Kirby coin.[/QUOTE]
Personally I like how it is now, as if the offer is good enough someone will post a separate thread in the main deals forum soon enough. This allows this thread to be more of an open discussion on the current (and past) rewards, without too much attention that some important details might get lost in the flood of comments if left on the deals forum.

In any case, thank you Sway for posting the Club Nintendo information in such a timely fashion, it's appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='flameofdoom666']I just returned from my vacation. Very upset that I missed the Kirby medal! Ugh...[/QUOTE]

No one missed the medals, there are a 1000 of them floating around, just depends on how much you're willing to give for one.

I have contemplated ordering one of the kirby patch sets. I ordered both thanks to the 50% off sale. Hopefully I can convince my daughter that they would best be used on my guitar case.

[quote name='nixmahn']No one missed the medals, there are a 1000 of them floating around, just depends on how much you're willing to give for one.[/QUOTE]

Exactly... they're on e-bay right next to several olympic torches. So stupid that they limited the thing to 1000 units. I mean, I know they're trying to keep Club Nintendo costs as low as possible and that it can reasonably be assumed that the coins cost more to press than those shoelaces cost to manufacture, but what the actual HECK! Is this really how Kirby would want his celebration to go? I sincerely doubt it.

[quote name='Scobie']Exactly... they're on e-bay right next to several olympic torches. So stupid that they limited the thing to 1000 units. I mean, I know they're trying to keep Club Nintendo costs as low as possible and that it can reasonably be assumed that the coins cost more to press than those shoelaces cost to manufacture, but what the actual HECK! Is this really how Kirby would want his celebration to go? I sincerely doubt it.[/QUOTE]
Absolutely not, Kirby is a man of the people.

[quote name='sp00ge']Jesus, selling at $120+ ?? I should have picked up more than one![/QUOTE]

Crap, I should have bought one. I saw it was 1x1 and decided against it
That's what she said.

[quote name='nixmahn']No need fore ebay, you can get gouged by me right here on CAG.

For the medal. I'll take your:

:gc: Star Fox Adventures
:gc: Super Mario Sunshine
:gc: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
:ds: New Super Mario Bros.

You pay for shipping.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sp00ge']Jesus, selling at $120+ ?? I should have picked up more than one![/QUOTE]

My price has gone up.

2n9m4x4.jpg
You could win Kirby Playing Cards via #ClubNintendo! NO PURCH. NEC. Deadline 10/31. US residents only. For more info: http://$$$$$$$/QMuIIz
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/247340225351790592
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Purchase will not increase chances of winning. Void where prohibited. Open to US residents only. Entry deadline: 9/16/12. 190 winners will be randomly selected to each receive one (1) set of Collectable Round Kirby Playing Cards (approx. retail value: $25). Odds depend on number of entries received. Many will enter, few will win. Additional terms and conditions apply; see Official Rules for details, including how to enter for free by postcard. By entering the giveaway, you agree to the Official Rules. Sponsor: Nintendo of America Inc., 4600 150th Ave. NE, Redmond, WA 98052.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Japan got a Club Nintendo-themed Picross game for 3DS. Please let us have it, Nintendo.[/QUOTE]

Oooh, I love me some Picross. It's a shame that it's download only.

PictureBook Games: Pop-Up Pursuit replaces Super Smash Bros. as the Wii featured game offer. It costs 150 coins and expires 9/30.

Also, the Kirby patches still show up at the 50% discount of 175 coins. They were supposed to expire 9/15 so they could go back to regular price at anytime.

[quote name='Scobie']In case anyone was wondering what's going on in Europe and Japan:

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/club_nintendo/stars_catalogue_5823.html

http://club.nintendo.jp/member/exec/entranceNaviPrivilege

Apparently those 3DS game cases that have been out of print *can* be reproduced, and Mario Kart trophies actually exist in the real world... NoA kind of sucks.[/QUOTE]

why are we constantly getting screwed on these... I'm sitting on a mountain of coins and nothing to spend it on.

ahhhhh

And you can get Mario Power Tennis for 5000 stars?!?

And points for stars too. geez.

[quote name='Scobie']In case anyone was wondering what's going on in Europe and Japan:

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/club_nintendo/stars_catalogue_5823.html

http://club.nintendo.jp/member/exec/entranceNaviPrivilege

Apparently those 3DS game cases that have been out of print *can* be reproduced, and Mario Kart trophies actually exist in the real world... NoA kind of sucks.[/QUOTE]

That's great. Maybe we'll see them again.

[quote name='xycury']why are we constantly getting screwed on these... I'm sitting on a mountain of coins and nothing to spend it on.

ahhhhh
[/QUOTE]

How? With the gold nunchuck and kirby medal, I would have imagined most people around here would be drained. I couldn't even snag either of those.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']
How? With the gold nunchuck and kirby medal, I would have imagined most people around here would be drained. I couldn't even snag either of those.[/QUOTE]

Not really............You need to imagine harder.

picture.php

I just want the soundtracks. They should sell them on their store rather than through CN though, because I don't have the pure coins.

Bird & Beans replaces Art Academy: First Semester as the 3DS featured game offer. It costs 100 coins and expires 10/7.

New I2B surveys:
Style Savvy: Trendsetters (Oct 15)
Style Savvy: Trendsetters (Downloadable Version) (Oct 15)

I2B surveys for the retail and downloadable versions of Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone! and Crosswords Plus expire today (9/24). I2B surveys for Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 expire Sunday (9/30).

And strangely the Kirby patches are still on sale for 175 coins (regularly 350).

If someone wants to take over OP duties, please let me know so we can do that. I think it's clear that I can no longer attend to the thread duties at the present time.

[quote name='KingBroly']If someone wants to take over OP duties, please let me know so we can do that. I think it's clear that I can no longer attend to the thread duties at the present time.[/QUOTE]

Just wikify the thread

Dr. Mario Online Rx replaces PictureBook Games: Pop-Up Pursuit as the Wii featured game offer. It costs 100 coins and expires 10/14.

10 Coin bonues for early registration of :3ds:Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone! or :3ds:Crosswords Plus expires 10/31.

And probably not useful now, but Nintendo published Wii U launch window titles:
New Super Mario Bros. U Nov. 18
NINJA GAIDEN 3: Razor's Edge Nov. 18
Nintendo Land Nov. 18
SiNG PARTY Nov. 18
Game & Wario™ Launch Window
LEGO® City: Undercover Launch Window
Pikmin™ 3 Launch Window
Wii Fit™ U Launch Window
The Wonderful 101™ Launch Window
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/26/wii-u-launch-supported-by-23-day-one-releases-in-north-america/

[quote name='KingBroly']It's already wikified, but that doesn't allow for changes to the Title and Post 2 if need be.[/QUOTE]

I'd suggest to change the title to something like "Check the first/wiki page for new info" if you aren't able to update the title as often as you'd like. As for post 2, it hasn't been edited since July and I don't think anyone has been complaining about the lack of updates. We could replace the first two lists with a link in the Wiki to the list of eligible products since it gets updated with every eligible CN title.

I'll still suggest moving this to the Deals forum but viewers of this thread seem opposed to the change.

[quote name='Sway']Dr. Mario Online Rx replaces PictureBook Games: Pop-Up Pursuit as the Wii featured game offer. It costs 100 coins and expires 10/14.[/QUOTE]
I passed on Dr. Mario last time it was offered, thinking I would hold my coins for something better. I might have to rethink it now if they are already looping their WiiWare rewards, even though there are still plenty of Nintendo-published eligible games they haven't offered yet...

[quote name='Sway']I'd suggest to change the title to something like "Check the first/wiki page for new info" if you aren't able to update the title as often as you'd like. As for post 2, it hasn't been edited since July and I don't think anyone has been complaining about the lack of updates. We could replace the first two lists with a link in the Wiki to the list of eligible products since it gets updated with every eligible CN title.

I'll still suggest moving this to the Deals forum but viewers of this thread seem opposed to the change.[/QUOTE]

That's fair. Thanks for the link. I updated the second post with that information.

EDIT: Also, here's a Donkey Kong Original Edition Offer
http://club2.nintendo.com/donkeykong/

'Not available anywhere else' my ass.

As to the difference between the Original Edition and vanilla DK:
If you buy either game from the eShop and register it on Club Nintendo, you'll get a free download of Donkey Kong: Original Edition, a special version of the NES Donkey Kong that has been edited to add the "cement factory" level. It's previously been released only with a special Wii bundle in Europe and with Japanese New Super Mario Bros. 2 purchases.
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/10/01/buy-art-academy-or-crosswords-plus-digitally-get-rare-donkey-ko/

I'm not that enthusiastic about the game itself but it's nice that the NA audience has a chance to get it. It also gives me hope that we're getting more and varied rewards. Though it doesn't help that Art Academy and Crosswords Plus are $29.99 MSRP. I haven't played either titles but that seems a bit much.

bread's done
Back