NEW CAG Club Nintendo U (I2B - WWHD; See 1st Post for New Info)

[quote name='moothemagiccow']I don't know if we can honestly expect any better games than this in the coming year. When the 3DS is on its way out, you might see pushmo on there.

Over the last year it's been majora's mask, metroid ii, crap crap crap crap decent game crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap and now these. Punch out, tetris and mk64 are most definitely going to be the gold awards this year.[/QUOTE]

I probably would have gotten Metroid II - totally missed that one. How long was it up?

It was up for a month I believe.

I acquired enough Coins to get me a Gold Nunchuck. I have 5 coins left over now because Nintendo cheaped out on Crashmo :\ Oh well.

I also don't remember Majora's Mask being on there at all. Oh well... I just don't check into this stuff very often.

[quote name='io']I also don't remember Majora's Mask being on there at all. Oh well... I just don't check into this stuff very often.[/QUOTE]
Checking CN weekly (when it was weekly for a time that is) was a fun thing to do on Monday to offset the start of another long work week, so it was easy to stay privy to the good titles.

Of what I remember, the most notable ones that came out (for Wii mind you, I don't have a 3DS) were Super Mario Kart, Fluidity, Majora's Mask, Dr. Mario Online Rx, Kirby Super Star, Super Smash Bros, Mario Party 2, Super Punch Out, and now Mario Kart 64. Other decent ones were Excitebike World Rally, Bonsai Barber (if that was your thing), Maboshi's Arcade, and You, Me, and the Cubes.

Now they are going back to the monthly update, so as long as you check in once a month, you should be able to get the games easy enough, as before they only lasted two weeks each, now they last the original one month time period.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']So Nintendo Land in the Wii U Premium bundle doesn't come with a Club Nintendo code, right?[/QUOTE]

IIRC, it gets registered and you get the coins automatically when you register the console.

[quote name='sp00ge']IIRC, it gets registered and you get the coins automatically when you register the console.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it happens automatically - or at least you have to do another survey for it first. I only got the 160 coin survey. Didn't someone earlier say a 50 coin one shows up separately, later, for NintendoLand?

I guess I'll check to see if mine has shown up - totally forgot about that yesterday.

Edit: Just checked, no coins from NintendoLand and no survey yet, either (a full 24 hours after I got the coins for the Wii U survey and 2 days after I entered my SN).

I don't have any points or a survey for NintendoLand either, though I did have surveys for Little Inferno and Nano Assault Neo that I got during the weekend like the system itself.

[quote name='io']I don't think it happens automatically - or at least you have to do another survey for it first. I only got the 160 coin survey. Didn't someone earlier say a 50 coin one shows up separately, later, for NintendoLand?

I guess I'll check to see if mine has shown up - totally forgot about that yesterday.

Edit: Just checked, no coins from NintendoLand and no survey yet, either (a full 24 hours after I got the coins for the Wii U survey and 2 days after I entered my SN).[/QUOTE]

You are correct. You get a post-play survey for Nintendo Land(so, two weeks later?), but instead of the usual 10 coins upon completion, it gives you 50.

[quote name='Mixer236']You are correct. You get a post-play survey for Nintendo Land(so, two weeks later?), but instead of the usual 10 coins upon completion, it gives you 50.[/QUOTE]

Thanks - I'll have to remember to look for that because I could very easily see myself not checking for a month and missing it.

[quote name='io']I don't think it happens automatically - or at least you have to do another survey for it first. I only got the 160 coin survey. Didn't someone earlier say a 50 coin one shows up separately, later, for NintendoLand?

Edit: Just checked, no coins from NintendoLand and no survey yet, either (a full 24 hours after I got the coins for the Wii U survey and 2 days after I entered my SN).[/QUOTE]

Odd. I just checked my account and I got the survey and 50 coins for NintendoLand automatically 5 days after I registered my Wii U. I haven't even taken the shrink wrap off of NintendoLand, so it wasn't triggered by playing it.

[quote name='io']I also don't remember Majora's Mask being on there at all. Oh well... I just don't check into this stuff very often.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it requires some vigilance. It was just after they started putting games up, and it was a gold/platinum option. I'll try to remember to PM if I see either again.

[quote name='sp00ge']Odd. I just checked my account and I got the survey and 50 coins for NintendoLand automatically 5 days after I registered my Wii U. I haven't even taken the shrink wrap off of NintendoLand, so it wasn't triggered by playing it.[/QUOTE]

Nintendoland nor the system have a Club Nintendo code. It's automatically registered when you link your eShop account to Club Nintendo (you get a 160 coin survey for Wii U), which triggers the potential to get a Nintendoland registration.

^ the 250 coin red/blue and gray pouches are by far the best reward if you have handhelds to store around. I've gotten 5 of them so far lol

Finally got my Nintendo Land survey after the site has been down due to maintenance for days, which turned out to be a broken cookie.

I got my Golden Nunchuck yesterday and it's pretty much as advertised. It's a nunchuck with gold paint, gold buttons, and a gold analog stick.

FYI there's a 10 coin bonus survey up for anyone who hasn't registered a 3DS/XL. Plus there will be a 10 coin PPS for Balloon Fight, which is currently $0.30 on the Wii U eShop.

Not for N64 games at least. Wii U's Pro Controller is not supported in Wii mode, and there are no ports for GC controllers. Gamepad shuts off, too.

A third party sells a combination classic/wii remote but I feel stupid spending $40 to play a game I got for free.

I anticipate at some point in the future you'll be able to upgrade your N64 VC games for a couple bucks, but there's no word yet.

Anyone recommend Metal Torrent? Tempted, mainly cuz I haven't really wanted most of the recent offers...

Also really wish 3DS had an N64 VC. Paper Mario is fantastic, but already have it for WiiVC.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Anyone recommend Metal Torrent? Tempted, mainly cuz I haven't really wanted most of the recent offers...[/QUOTE]

Most likely no CAGs have bought it. Seems like a mixed reaction here:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/ds/metal-torrent

I'll probably get Paper Mario and then wait for the Wii U upgrade program for N64 games before playing it. Hopefully Club Nintendo starts adding real 3DS and Wii U games to the freebies at some point.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Anyone recommend Metal Torrent? Tempted, mainly cuz I haven't really wanted most of the recent offers...

Also really wish 3DS had an N64 VC. Paper Mario is fantastic, but already have it for WiiVC.[/QUOTE]

Metal Torrent is very short. It'll take you about 20 minutes to beat the game. The two modes are Easy, which is very, very easy, and Insane, which is pretty hard. Over all, though, not much content.

Also, Birds & Beans is a very short and pointless game according to reviews. You can see in the video that it has two levels, and what's shown is all you have to do. Not appealing in the slightest. I don't know how some of these games get published...

[quote name='moothemagiccow']Wait does 3DS have anything but NES and Game Boy games? Still nothing from SNES?[/QUOTE]

Game Gear too.

It never crossed my mind until I saw it on another site, but perhaps the Luigi hat Iwata is wearing in the Nintendo Direct video is this year's Platinum prize. It makes sense with this year being the Year of Luigi.

I2B's up for:
Lego City Stories
Luigi's Mansion
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

All are for both retail and downloadable versions. Honestly surprised there's no Monster Hunter I2B (yet?).

I registered Fire Emblem for 3DS and got 60 coins. Is it 40 for the game, 10 for intend to buy, and 10 for registering within the first 30 days? Then I'll get another 10 with the post play survey?

[quote name='Collectordragon']I registered Fire Emblem for 3DS and got 60 coins. Is it 40 for the game, 10 for intend to buy, and 10 for registering within the first 30 days? Then I'll get another 10 with the post play survey?[/QUOTE]

Crap - thanks for reminding me that I am 3 days too late to get the extra 10 coins... I guess I might as well wait till next Club year then at least.

[quote name='Collectordragon']Actually it said until March 6th but I technically registered today (the 7th) and it appears that I got the full coins. That's why I was asking.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm - that tempts me to register right now it but I know if I do so I won't get the bonus ;).

[quote name='moothemagiccow']nintendo seems to rollover some time around 9am PST
Never midnight[/QUOTE]
Yeah, they have to allow enough time to get Hawaii residents in on those dead-line promotions, and even then they give a buffer beyond that.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']Wii - Super Punch out, Mario Tennis
3DS - Kid Icarus 3d classics, starship defense[/QUOTE]
Some repeat offenders, better luck next month for me.

I'm tempted by Super Punch Out and Mario Tennis. I want those games, and part of me wants to save the coins for something worthwhile, but they rarely have anything I want to spend the coins on anyway other than the 3DS game case which I got 2 of. I'm just waiting for a new Mario Tennis game on Wii U too.

bread's done
Back