(New) Chulip $9.99 at GameStop.com

i tried to kiss the dog, but i got heart attack and died :(

it's a fairly slow game IMO, but you do crazy "Japanese" stuffs. I got it when it was $15 (used 10% coupon on it).

$10 is a good buy, i would buy it if i haven't already bought it...

Is it a blue disc or a dvd? I'm wondering that too, since I just bought Maximo the other night and it's a blue disc. I'm leery bout playing blue discs on my older(50001) PS2.

Only problem with the 'new' copies is, they probably only got ONE copy of it in at each Gamestop, so it's a gutted pos.

It's good, but it plays very strange...almost like a point and click adventure game. Almost none of it makes any sense.

The character design is amazing, though, and it carries the game to passable. Worth it for a tenner.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Is it a blue disc or a dvd? I'm wondering that too, since I just bought Maximo the other night and it's a blue disc. I'm leery bout playing blue discs on my older(50001) PS2.

Only problem with the 'new' copies is, they probably only got ONE copy of it in at each Gamestop, so it's a gutted pos.[/quote]

It's a blue disc.

[quote name='Chronis']It's a blue disc.[/quote]

CRAP!! That means it's on a CD. I guess I'm as a picky as the people with the thing for wanting only non-gh titles as far as games on dvds versus cds go.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

Only problem with the 'new' copies is, they probably only got ONE copy of it in at each Gamestop, so it's a gutted pos.[/quote]

I went to my local GS, It was "gutted".
Any Cons Of that? Looks like disk isn't scratched or anything.

It's worth 10 bucks. It's kinda like those old adventure games of the past in which you need to figure out how to get people to kiss you.

I guess I'm one of the few who actually didn't like it. I bought it a while ago when it dropped to $15. At first, it was fun, but after a little while, I couldn't wait to get it over with. I mean, I really couldn't wait. It started getting repetitive, extremely frustrating, and became a huge time waster due to the fact that everything you can/have to do is on a strict time schedule. For me, it lost it's appeal pretty quickly to the point where I started to wish I didn't buy it... or at least left it for the very end of my backlog.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']I went to my local GS, It was "gutted".
Any Cons Of that? Looks like disk isn't scratched or anything.[/quote]

Aside from the fact that it's been opened, not really, unless you're one of many who like being able to say they're the first person to open a game. I fall into that category of gamers, but stop just short of not wanting a game if it's a GH/PH/PC title.

Some like to know that they're the first person to crack open the plastic shrinkwrap on a game, plus to me(and many others) once a game has been opened it's technically USED, isn't it?

Think of it that way, would you pay full MSRP for a used game?

I really like this game. One day I'll go back and finish it... I stopped playing it because it drove my wife nuts. Most games don't freak her out, but when you make a little boy kiss a dude in bondage... well it's hard to blame her.

This game is challenging and can be frustrating, but it's worth a play just for how crazy it is. It's one of the most unique games I've ever played.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Aside from the fact that it's been opened, not really, unless you're one of many who like being able to say they're the first person to open a game. I fall into that category of gamers, but stop just short of not wanting a game if it's a GH/PH/PC title.

Some like to know that they're the first person to crack open the plastic shrinkwrap on a game, plus to me(and many others) once a game has been opened it's technically USED, isn't it?

Think of it that way, would you pay full MSRP for a used game?[/quote]

The other issue is that employees "borrow" the opened games and play them at home, like a free blockbuster at your expense (Trust me, my ex gf works there and they all do this.) No thanks!

I picked it up for $15 at the first drop and returned it within 2 weeks, unopened, after I realized I really didn't want to play it too much at that price and after a quick glance at my backlog.

Now, for around $5, I wouldn't mind holding on to a copy...

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Aside from the fact that it's been opened, not really, unless you're one of many who like being able to say they're the first person to open a game. I fall into that category of gamers, but stop just short of not wanting a game if it's a GH/PH/PC title.

Think of it that way, would you pay full MSRP for a used game?[/quote]

Yeah and there are stickers all over it and the case has lost that glossy shine. Also, I'm an eBayer (buyer and seller) and you would never ever pay/charge the same price for an opened game as a sealed game.

So, Should I Return it and buy it somewhere else?

They told me that GS.com/EB.com sometimes sends out "Gutted games" also.

I don't know if it's true.

Edit: No signs of being played, I may sound dumb, but can you play a game and it still shows no signs of being used? (Scratches, Dust, ETC)? It looks new, so scratches or anything.

Bought, thanks OP! I've been eyeballing this game for a while as well and 9.99 is just too irresistible to hold back any longer! Also bought a used Kung Fu Chaos for $7.99, as I figured that I may as well get two zany super deformed character games today.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']So, Should I Return it and buy it somewhere else?

They told me that GS.com/EB.com sometimes sends out "Gutted games" also.

I don't know if it's true.

Edit: No signs of being played, I may sound dumb, but can you play a game and it still shows no signs of being used? (Scratches, Dust, ETC)? It looks new, so scratches or anything.[/quote]

Well, I didn't wanna also point out what others have, that many GS stores let their employees try out the opened/gut copy games, so your 'opened but never played' gut copy may well have been passed around quite a bit by people who treated it gently.

Totally up to you to decide if you wanna play it or return it, but if it were me, I'd return it and try to find a sealed copy. That's just me though.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Well, I didn't wanna also point out what others have, that many GS stores let their employees try out the opened/gut copy games, so your 'opened but never played' gut copy may well have been passed around quite a bit by people who treated it gently.

Totally up to you to decide if you wanna play it or return it, but if it were me, I'd return it and try to find a sealed copy. That's just me though.[/quote]

I asked, they were like, "Where did You Hear That?"

Yeah, I will return it.
Thanks for your advice.
I played it at someone else's house, and I didn't like it, I played about and hour or so, didn't get into it :(:bomb:

[quote name='Veronica Mars']I asked, they were like, "Where did You Hear That?"[/quote]

That's because not all GS's do the employee borrow thing. There is nothing about it officially, so it's whatever the manger decides. So maybe the copy you got was just opened but not actually used.

Also, for anyone who buys the game: The manual is your friend. There is a guide in there that will keep you from hating this game for being to hard, with not knowing what to do.

bread's done
Back