New EB Winter Sale - Starts 1/3

Johnny Postman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
187 (100%)
Picked up a copy of Fight Club today at the local EB and grabbed the new coupon/sale booklet. Sale begins on 1/3 and has some OK deals. Didn't see them posted yet so here goes...

General deals

Buy 1/Get 1 50% off all pre-played stuff - games/movies/accessories
$10 Bonus Trade-in Credit on 3 PS2/XB/GC games - NO EXCLUSIONS
Trade in 2 games get Halo 2, GTA:SA, NFS: underground 2 or Mercenaries for $24.99 (exclusion list applies)

Coupons/Voucher - just listing them off

GBA SP Accessory Starter Kit $9.99
Everquest II (PC) - $34.99
FF: Crystal Chronicles (GC) - $14.99 after voucher rebate
Syphon Filter: Omega Strain (PS2), Max Payne 2(XB/PS2), XIII(XB/PS2) - $9.99 ea
All ESPN 2K5 titles - 2 for $30
Tenchu: Return from Darkness (XB) - $9.99
Viewtiful Joe 2 (PS2), Mega Man X Command Mission (PS2), Ape Escape : Pumped and Primed (PS2) - $10 Off
Rainbow Six 3 (XB/PS2), Rainbow Six 3 : Black Arrow (XB), Splinter Cell : Pandora Tomorrow (XB/PS2) - $5 off
Timesplitters 2 (PS2), Devil May Cry 2 (PS2) - $14.99 ea
Full Spectrum Warrior (XB) - $19.99
Select Activision Titles - $5 off (THUG2, COD: Finest Hour, Spiderman 2, X-men Legends)
Pirates of the Caribbean, Pure Pinball, Pac-man World 2 (all XB) - $5 off
OutRun 2, Sudeki, Fable (all XB) - $5 off
Paper Mario : The Thousand Year Door - $29.99 after voucher rebate
N-Gage games $4.99-$9.99
$10 off some PC games (I of the Dragon, Galactica Civilization Deluxe, Shadow Vault, Vendetta Online, Time of Defiance)
$9.99 ea - NHL Hitz 2003 (GC), Die Hard Vendetta (GC), Mat Hoffman Pro BMX 2 (GC), THPS 3 (GC), Mega Man Battle 3 White/Blue (GBA), Kelly Slater Pro Surfer (GBA), Konami Collector's (GBA)
$5 off some PC games (Half-Life 2, Tribes: Vengeance, Silent Hill 4, Ground Control II)
$10 voucher rebate on Dance Pad Deluxe
$5 off Mega Man 4 :Rising Sun/Blue Moon (GBA)
$10 voucher rebate on some PC games (XIII, Alexander : King of COunquerors, SC:pT, Warlords 4, CSI)
Backyard Wrestling 2 (XB/PS2) $29.99
B2G1 on GBA Videos

tenzor, what part of the oc are you in, im in the oc 949 area, there are 3 eb's around me, im goign to be making a bunch of runs because i got a lot of duplicates =(

*added* about the duplicates, do they mean duplicates in a group of 3 or just in all your games?

[quote name='phammerz']tenzor, what part of the oc are you in, im in the oc 949 area, there are 3 eb's around me, im goign to be making a bunch of runs because i got a lot of duplicates =(

*added* about the duplicates, do they mean duplicates in a group of 3 or just in all your games?[/quote]

714 anaheim, and I think its duplicates in a group of 3, but if you trade in one after another in the same day they may not allow it.

[quote name='tcrash247']I'm assuming this coupon book is free without purchase? And is $29.99 for Paper Mario a good deal?[/quote]

Yes, it is a very good deal for Paper Mario.

[quote name='StungbytheShadow']For the 3 games for $10, do they need the guidebook that comes in the case with the game that you trade in?[/quote]

you need the box, instructions and case

That extra $10 for 3 games was tempting before I realized that I don't have 3 crap games... All my games from the CC deal have been eBayed and I haven't done much in TRU.

Anyone have any idea if the "extra $10" for 3 trades works along with the cashforstash coupons to get an extra $2 / trade? (coupons stated a limit of 5 games) -- it'd be quite nice to get $16 in trade in credit...

[quote name='TimTucker']Anyone have any idea if the "extra $10" for 3 trades works along with the cashforstash coupons to get an extra $2 / trade? (coupons stated a limit of 5 games) -- it'd be quite nice to get $16 in trade in credit...[/quote]

it wont work, it says can't be combined with any other offer or discount

[quote name='thatstoobad']it looks rather likely that i will try to get in on the trade 2 games get halo 2 for $25 deal.

i have a question about the exclusions, though. is there any way to find out which games are excluded? i mean, if there isn't a way i'll just take a bunch of games with me, in case some of them are excluded, but i would like to know what's going on with them beforehand if possible. any help would be appreciated. thanks.[/quote]

Nope. Each store's exclusion list is different. There's an online one, but it's oompletely inaccurate. If anyone tries posting it, ignore it, because it's wrong.

[quote name='nickmad']WAIT....why the hell did you pick up Fight Club?
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure you can get it for free after rebate there.

[quote name='nickmad']WAIT....why the hell did you pick up Fight Club?

anyways, thanks for the info[/quote]

Good question. ;)

ScottysMom

plz answer my question:
so i can give in 3 jampacks and get 10 bonus credits? can i give 2 the same and 1 diff?

and happy new year

So what does $10 bonus trade in credit mean? $10 bonus for each game? so does that mean if i trade in 3 crappy games...i can getr $30 total trade in credit?

[quote name='thatstoobad']it looks rather likely that i will try to get in on the trade 2 games get halo 2 for $25 deal.

i have a question about the exclusions, though. is there any way to find out which games are excluded? i mean, if there isn't a way i'll just take a bunch of games with me, in case some of them are excluded, but i would like to know what's going on with them beforehand if possible. any help would be appreciated. thanks.[/quote]

A good rule of thumb is that, if a new copy of the game sells for $19.99 or less, it's probably excluded.

[quote name='rebenns'][quote name='thatstoobad']it looks rather likely that i will try to get in on the trade 2 games get halo 2 for $25 deal.

A good rule of thumb is that, if a new copy of the game sells for $19.99 or less, it's probably excluded.[/quote]

i put the exclusion list in alphabetical order, i don't know if i should post it or not, so for now PM me if you want it

also if you want to get some preownd games at EBgames to trade in as a select game, look for games that say don't say POX. POX means Pre Owned Xcluded, meaning that for sure they can't be traded in as a select game (what manager said)

but i warn you, not every single game that doesn't say POX works
i learned this the hard way, the nice employee scanned a few games before i traded them right back in, i had to go through 6 PO games before i found two that worked

hope this helps (from my post on page 2)

[quote name='trunks982']plz answer my question:
so i can give in 3 jampacks and get 10 bonus credits? can i give 2 the same and 1 diff?

and happy new year[/quote]

EB aren't supposed to take more than one of the same item in a transaction, but i'm some will let it slide (though the computer might not since the $10 is automatic).

also, someone asked about getting cash for this - you can't combine trade-in deals with getting cash, it will only be for store credit.

A good rule of thumb is that, if a new copy of the game sells for $19.99 or less, it's probably excluded.

Or if the pre-played version sells for under $10, it's mostly always excluded.

wait wait wait, this is confusing me, is the trade 3 for 10 only good for 1 game or 1 purchase? so if i make like 9 trade ins for 30 bucks i need 3 separate purchases? or is it just store credit in that i can buy like a ps2 with my own cash and that 30 i got?

[quote name='phammerz']wait wait wait, this is confusing me, is the trade 3 for 10 only good for 1 game or 1 purchase? so if i make like 9 trade ins for 30 bucks i need 3 separate purchases? or is it just store credit in that i can buy like a ps2 with my own cash and that 30 i got?[/quote]

You don't need to purchase anything, although you do need to do 3 different transactions.

It's not 3 for $10...it's an extra $10 for every 3 you trade in. So say your trade in credit was $15...you now have $25 with the bonus.

wow so its even more money than just 10 bucks, thats pretty awesome, i have a couple duplicates i guess ill be making a bunch of transactions,...

[quote name='suko_32']Whao...Jampacks counts? That's crazy.[/quote]

sheesh i finally know what to do with all of these pennied out jampacks from circuit city!

[quote name='dracula'][quote name='suko_32']Whao...Jampacks counts? That's crazy.[/quote]

sheesh i finally know what to do with all of these pennied out jampacks from circuit city![/quote]

so i definitely can do that right? ppl still didnt answer my freaking question. 2diff jampacks and 1 other game is fine right?

that should be fine, since they aren't duplicates

*added* i just got off the fone with an eb employee and he said he didnt know anything about the sale, but the duplicate thing works like, you can only trade in one copy of a particular game per day....bleh

I have a quick question about the buy 1 pre-played get 1 50% off. I know that it includes accessories + games, but can you buy one game and then get 50% off one accessory, or does it have to be either 2 games or 2 accessories?

[quote name='soxfan4525']I have a quick question about the buy 1 pre-played get 1 50% off. I know that it includes accessories + games, but can you buy one game and then get 50% off one accessory, or does it have to be either 2 games or 2 accessories?[/quote]

should be good with any combination. Just not with systems and new products

haha, i just went to ebgames and picked up the flyer, and well i went up to the guy to ask if i could trade in duplicates, he was like no exclusions buddy dont worry about it, im like alright cool

so i guess its ANY games as he was telling me, so KA CHING!!! for me

[quote name='lordopus99']duplicates is all YMMV. My district gives warnings to people that take in duplicates.[/quote]

Yeah well your district is a bunch of meanies.

well if they shoot me down, im going to give them HELL, because the guy even said buddy dont worry in a very smug voice so if i get shot down im going to ldasjflksdajfald;ksjfladksj around their store, newyZ i think imma go look for like some 2 dollar games and buy them to get the 10 =) maybe ill save for some world of warcraft prepaid cards and use that as an excuse to play.... hmm what to do what to do

just curious..how is this $10 deal so good?

i mean, 9 times out of 10, you're going to trade in a game that is probably worth $.50-$1.00 and if you trade in 3 games like that you're looking at probably 10-15 bucks tops for 3 games

I'd rather keep 3 games instead of letting them go for 10 bucks

[quote name='mofo1115']quick newb question:

i've never traded in with eb before... do all games need to be complete?[/quote]

for this deal they need to be complete, but you can still do trades with incomplete games.

gsr, this deal is good because some ppl, have free games from the toys r us deal, or are going to go out and buy penny games, or 2 dollar sport games and trade them in for profit, i was going to go out and buy stuff just because itd be such a great deal, and that eb sells WoW prepaid cards, so im guessing you can get what 9 games and get 2 months free.... the possibilities are endless

Is the "buy one and get one 50% off preplayed" online? And if so, do I need a coupon code?

[quote name='gsr']just curious..how is this $10 deal so good?

i mean, 9 times out of 10, you're going to trade in a game that is probably worth $.50-$1.00 and if you trade in 3 games like that you're looking at probably 10-15 bucks tops for 3 games

I'd rather keep 3 games instead of letting them go for 10 bucks[/quote]

Most people don't take there game collections in. They take the games they got for a penny or 2 dollars and make some profit off of them. Plus you can dump jampacks and older sports titles which are virtually worthless if you wanted to sell them. I see your point you are just not thinking like a CAG yet.

[quote name='jkam'][quote name='gsr']just curious..how is this $10 deal so good?

I'd rather keep 3 games instead of letting them go for 10 bucks[/quote]

Most people don't take there game collections in. They take the games they got for a penny or 2 dollars and make some profit off of them. Plus you can dump jampacks and older sports titles which are virtually worthless if you wanted to sell them. I see your point you are just not thinking like a CAG yet.[/quote]

Haha. Yea start thinking like a CAG like all of us. This sounds real good. Good luck to everyone else.

[quote name='Pylis']Is the "buy one and get one 50% off preplayed" online? And if so, do I need a coupon code?[/quote]

BOGOHALF and it can only be combined with your edge card.

....looks like Saver is dead also.

bread's done
Back