New EB Winter Sale - Starts 1/3

Johnny Postman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
187 (100%)
Picked up a copy of Fight Club today at the local EB and grabbed the new coupon/sale booklet. Sale begins on 1/3 and has some OK deals. Didn't see them posted yet so here goes...

General deals

Buy 1/Get 1 50% off all pre-played stuff - games/movies/accessories
$10 Bonus Trade-in Credit on 3 PS2/XB/GC games - NO EXCLUSIONS
Trade in 2 games get Halo 2, GTA:SA, NFS: underground 2 or Mercenaries for $24.99 (exclusion list applies)

Coupons/Voucher - just listing them off

GBA SP Accessory Starter Kit $9.99
Everquest II (PC) - $34.99
FF: Crystal Chronicles (GC) - $14.99 after voucher rebate
Syphon Filter: Omega Strain (PS2), Max Payne 2(XB/PS2), XIII(XB/PS2) - $9.99 ea
All ESPN 2K5 titles - 2 for $30
Tenchu: Return from Darkness (XB) - $9.99
Viewtiful Joe 2 (PS2), Mega Man X Command Mission (PS2), Ape Escape : Pumped and Primed (PS2) - $10 Off
Rainbow Six 3 (XB/PS2), Rainbow Six 3 : Black Arrow (XB), Splinter Cell : Pandora Tomorrow (XB/PS2) - $5 off
Timesplitters 2 (PS2), Devil May Cry 2 (PS2) - $14.99 ea
Full Spectrum Warrior (XB) - $19.99
Select Activision Titles - $5 off (THUG2, COD: Finest Hour, Spiderman 2, X-men Legends)
Pirates of the Caribbean, Pure Pinball, Pac-man World 2 (all XB) - $5 off
OutRun 2, Sudeki, Fable (all XB) - $5 off
Paper Mario : The Thousand Year Door - $29.99 after voucher rebate
N-Gage games $4.99-$9.99
$10 off some PC games (I of the Dragon, Galactica Civilization Deluxe, Shadow Vault, Vendetta Online, Time of Defiance)
$9.99 ea - NHL Hitz 2003 (GC), Die Hard Vendetta (GC), Mat Hoffman Pro BMX 2 (GC), THPS 3 (GC), Mega Man Battle 3 White/Blue (GBA), Kelly Slater Pro Surfer (GBA), Konami Collector's (GBA)
$5 off some PC games (Half-Life 2, Tribes: Vengeance, Silent Hill 4, Ground Control II)
$10 voucher rebate on Dance Pad Deluxe
$5 off Mega Man 4 :Rising Sun/Blue Moon (GBA)
$10 voucher rebate on some PC games (XIII, Alexander : King of COunquerors, SC:pT, Warlords 4, CSI)
Backyard Wrestling 2 (XB/PS2) $29.99
B2G1 on GBA Videos

Thanks Soobert. You're right, those credits should have appeared automatically at the register. Something is indeed wrong with this picture. Maybe it doesn't register if 6 games are traded in at once; that theres a problem with the software, i really don't know. But I will look into this and keep you guys posted.

It kind of pisses me off that after I receive Paper Mario TTYD from my parents for Christmas, they send you the voucher now... I know the voucher is for this month only, and I read all of the fine print, but I am still going to send them my (Dec. 20) receipt. Hell, it couldn't hurt.

[quote name='schultzed'][quote name='62t']also does anyone know a good place to get jampacks for cheap?[/quote]

I just found one (Spring 2004) at a Shopko for $1.49 . . . I needed an extra game to get the $10 . . . I'm going to try it with 2 TRU freebies I don't need.[/quote]

thanks, too bad we dont have any around here.

[quote name='centraldogmae']Thanks Soobert. You're right, those credits should have appeared automatically at the register. Something is indeed wrong with this picture. Maybe it doesn't register if 6 games are traded in at once; that theres a problem with the software, i really don't know. But I will look into this and keep you guys posted.[/quote]

Hmm...when did you go in and try to trade the games in? I've noticed a few problems when theres new specials and when specials end. We couldn't do more than 3 trade-ins in one transaction until the 5th. If someone brought in 6 trade-ins we had to do 2 seperate transactions.

Also, the Edge Card discount didn't work with the 'buy one, get one half off' sale until the 5th.

Remember the 3 day sale of taking 30% off strategy guides when you buy the game with it? For the first day of the sale the registers were taking 30% off all guides whether you were buying the game or not. And then the buy 2 get 1 free on DVD's, etc laster longer than it should have.

If the register does it, we do it. And it always screws up for a new special or when a special is ending. Usually at the benefit of the customers though.

I traded in Mad Maestro, Mojo, two Club Worlds, and two X-Box Exibition Disc 02s all at the same time and it rang up as 23 after a quick button pressing. The manager told the guy working the register that since it got updated its been saying a lot is POX and to just hit F12. I don't know what that does but if anyone has trouble they could just ask nicely for them to do that I guess.

I did this on the first day (Jan 3) because i desperately needed to get that unused Disgaea. Because I'm sick today I called up the store. The guy just said to come down with the receipt and they'd see what they could do, but damned if I know they're gonna do anything for me.
EB's gotta get their acts together with updating the software on these sales; more or less specifying certain things on the "fine print" of their coupons and adds. Guaranteed EB isn't a class act like Macy's but still, this is a tremendously expensive hobby for us and that's why we turn to our friends here at CAG. Likewise everyone working at EB should be in-tune with the special deals going on. When I went there to do the transaction, the employees had just as much of an idea to what was going on as I did. (At first I wasn't gonna get any $10 bonus!) We just dismissed it as special POX exclusions. Given the circumstances, things did sound too good to be true; but when I see something about others saving $20 on 6 similar trade ins, I feel ripped off.
To all who want to take part in this deal remember: Buyer Beware and Don't Settle For Less

Can anyone confirm the Mercenaries deal? I couldn't find it on the website and 25$ for that game seems too good to pass up.

I was at EB tonite to transact a big dark deal . . . see here for details:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=693475#693475

But I also traded in 3 games for $11.50: Mad Maestro, Mojo (which is really not fun to play), and Spring 04 Jampack.

Funny thing was that a total asswipe employee/manager was on with a newer clerk. The newer, nicer guy was helping me and I flashed the Jampack . . . the clerk said "we don't take demos for trade in" . . . the manager-type, who is always a jerk, says "I've never seen them go through the system." I said "just try it" and of course it did work but the jerkoff had just walked away so I didn't gloat but I had to laugh.

Thanks OP for the word. I just traded in a bunch of games I got from TRU for ~$37 in credit after the $10 for each 3, and I used all of it towards ESPN NFL 2K5, ESPN NBA 2K5 and an Edge card. I had a couple of Jampacks as part of the pile to trade (Winter 2003 RP-T and Vol. 10 RP-T, specifically; both POX titles); the employee I got took it without a problem or hitch.

[quote name='CocaineReaver2k']Can anyone confirm the Mercenaries deal? I couldn't find it on the website and 25$ for that game seems too good to pass up.[/quote]

The reason Mercenaries isn't on the website yet is becasuse its not out yet. The trade in 2 for $25 credit doesn't apply to pre orders. Basically EB didn't want people to use the deal and pre order Mercenaries and cancel later to use for something else. So instead they just made it so you can only use the credit towards games that are out (Halo2, NFSU, GTA SA and soon to be Mercenaries). Expect Mercenaries to be listed on the website as apart of that deal once it is released. Otherwise the flyers in the store picture Mercenaries, so you can go into the store to trade in for it.

[quote name='josekortez']I'm going to try to use the coupon with the current new Rainbow Six 3 price of $10 to get the game for $5. Let's see if I'm successful![/quote]

Which coupon is that?

Just a heads up for people planning to get mercenaries.

There's a $10 mail-in voucher rebate in the holiday coupon booklet (the red/black one with the RE4 rebate and the $9.99 Fight Club coupon).

Technically it states that it's not valid with other offers (ie the trade 2 get $25 credit deal) but if you pay the whole amount before it comes out, the final receipt you get when you pick up the game doesn't show the bonus credit and you should get the rebate.

Burnout 3 had a similar deal (I think it was trade 5 - get it free) and I got the rebate no problem. Anyway, won't hurt to try it.

I just traded in Dr. Muto ($1), Whacked ($1) and Superman ($2) for a total of $14! Now it's got me thinking about all the other games I had picked up at the last two CC $5 bonanzas (the real one and the 2-for-10 mistake). Will I really have time to play them all? Of course not - I've got job and family responsibilities for crissake! Then why the hell did I buy them in the first place? Because I was drunk on $5 deal madness! Should I use this opportunity to clean house and just hang onto games that I know I will be able to spend time on? Yeah, maybe...

Considering for EB trade-in:
007 Everything or Nothing
Blinx The Time Sweeper
Brute Force
Deus Ex Invisible War (bought long time ago, not part of CC deal)
Finding Nemo
Hitman 2
Midnight Club II
MLB Slugfest 2004
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2
Need for Speed Underground
Outlaw Golf 2
Outlaw Volleyball
Sega GT 2002
Simpsons Road Rage
Sims (it's better on PC)
Spider-man
Tenchu Return from Darkness
True Crime Streets of LA

That's 18 games for $60 + individual trade-in values. Maybe I'm crazy to get rid of all 'em, but it'll give me the chance to pick up a few that I really want:
Fable
KOTOR 2
X-Men Legends

Or maybe I should use the credit towards finally buying a PS2. God, that would change everything. Everything.

[quote name='woobacca']I just traded in Dr. Muto ($1), Whacked ($1) and Superman ($2) for a total of $14! Now it's got me thinking about all the other games I had picked up at the last two CC $5 bonanzas (the real one and the 2-for-10 mistake). Will I really have time to play them all? Of course not - I've got job and family responsibilities for crissake! Then why the hell did I buy them in the first place? Because I was drunk on $5 deal madness! Should I use this opportunity to clean house and just hang onto games that I know I will be able to spend time on? Yeah, maybe...

Blinx The Time Sweeper
Brute Force
Finding Nemo
Hitman 2
Midnight Club II
MLB Slugfest 2004
Outlaw Golf 2
Outlaw Volleyball
Sega GT 2002
Simpsons Road Rage
Sims (it's better on PC)
Spider-man
True Crime Streets of LA

That's 18 games for $60 + individual trade-in values. Maybe I'm crazy to get rid of all 'em, but it'll give me the chance to pick up a few that I really want:
Fable
KOTOR 2
X-Men Legends

Or maybe I should use the credit towards finally buying a PS2. God, that would change everything. Everything.[/quote]

18*$5=$90. So unless the games add up to something near $90 (with the $60 plus individual value of each game) then you're taking a loss. But I'm guessing you'll get around $80 for all of them.

But then again, if you're not going to play any of them then you'll take a loss of $90- as they'll just college dust.

[quote name='"woobacca"']
Blinx The Time Sweeper
Hitman 2
Midnight Club II

Man, you'd regret losing those bigtime, especially if you use it to pick up Fable. Fable keeps you entertained for 15 hours max. I haven't played mine since I beat it in September.

[quote name='woobacca']
Blinx The Time Sweeper
Brute Force
Finding Nemo
Hitman 2
Midnight Club II
MLB Slugfest 2004
Outlaw Golf 2
Outlaw Volleyball
Sega GT 2002
Simpsons Road Rage
Sims (it's better on PC)
Spider-man
True Crime Streets of LA
[/quote]

Do you ebay? . . . you could make more there with many of these. You could do a few lots.

If you insist on going to to EB with them, what I would do is take them in and have them scan each and divide them into three piles . . . (1) ones that are POX (excluded from special deals) (2) not POX and valued at less than $8 . . . I know that Tenchu is $3 and (3) valued at over $8 . . . I bet that none are but still.

Then I would trade in the (1) POX ones and (3) ones and take the credit.

Next I would trade in 2 of the (2) not excluded ones with $25 from your credit and get one of the Promo games (Halo 2, GTA:SA, NFS: underground 2 or Mercenaries) but make sure it is sealed. Do this as many times as you can.

Next day go in and return the sealed games for store credit. Make sure you get it on a card with a pin number so you can buy stuff online.

[quote name='Scorch']Fable keeps you entertained for 15 hours max. I haven't played mine since I beat it in September.[/quote]
hmm good point. that's another factor i need to consider.

[quote name='Vinny']But then again, if you're not going to play any of them then you'll take a loss of $90- as they'll just college dust.[/quote]
yeah that's what got me thinking about it.

anyone know what primal or RE code Ver x both ps2 brings in. I think i will stop tomorrow and find out... Too bad that return from darkness only fetches 3 (6.33 isnt enough for me to sell them to them even though i only paid 48 cents for them at TRU ..... IF blockbuster is going to do add 5 per game it would make it 10 bucks

Code Veronica X was a $1. I traded that in with a bunch of games last week to get 'something special'. I really wish I went to FYE and got fucking cash because 6 sealed games (Bloodrayne, Beyond Good and Evil, XIII, etc) not even hitting $27 with the bonus credit added on was not worth it.

k thanks.. I think i will just pick up some Cheap Pc compact disc holders toss the Resident evil games in there and use the cases for DVDS and other More important games. ...

Primal
REsident evil code ver x
REturn from darkness

all fetch 5 bucks each at Blockbuster. So i might as well wait and see if they do add 5 bucks per game again. though i already have over 300 bucks credit at BB i would rather sell them for 10 then 2.33

[quote name='schultzed']Do you ebay? . . . you could make more there with many of these. You could do a few lots.

If you insist on going to to EB with them, what I would do is take them in and have them scan each and divide them into three piles . . . (1) ones that are POX (excluded from special deals) (2) not POX and valued at less than $8 . . . I know that Tenchu is $3 and (3) valued at over $8 . . . I bet that none are but still.

Then I would trade in the (1) POX ones and (3) ones and take the credit.

Next I would trade in 2 of the (2) not excluded ones with $25 from your credit and get one of the Promo games (Halo 2, GTA:SA, NFS: underground 2 or Mercenaries) but make sure it is sealed. Do this as many times as you can.

Next day go in and return the sealed games for store credit. Make sure you get it on a card with a pin number so you can buy stuff online.[/quote]
never sold through ebay before - i'll look into it. thanks for the other advice too. i'm already ambivalent about getting rid of all the games, but even if i do it's becoming clear now that i should put some more thought into how i do it.

I have mostly good experiences with ebay . . . just sold my send-Sony-the-demo-that-erases-saves free copy of Sly 2 for $26 + $5 shipping (ebgames was going to give $15). I also had an extra $10 copy of MGSTS (2 for $20 at TRU with the magic coupon) so I put it with a penny guide and it sold for $24. Both bidders paid quickly with paypal.

But I'm making it my goal to get value out of EBGAMES . . . see this thread for my explanation of how I got Steel Battalion by trading in 12 so-so (in value) games.

http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45253

Actually, some of the games that you have will likely not be excluded . . . see the list at the eb site to know which ones are definitely excluded. Quirky stuff like Finding Nemo will often fall through.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ads/shops/instoretradein/exclusions.asp

Just trade in ones that are marginal but are not excluded (my 3 category) . . . do two and add $25 and then return the game. I can't see how they can stop you from returning a new sealed game. Nowhere in the receipt or in store policy do they eliminate that possibility.

Just traded in two X-Box Expansion Disc 1s, three Clubworlds, and four Winter 2003 Jampacks which with the 23 I got earlier netted me $57.50. So preordered Suikoden 4 and the guide and I still have a buck fifty left. Thank you CAG
love.gif

[quote name='schultzed']I have mostly good experiences with ebay . . . just sold my send-Sony-the-demo-that-erases-saves free copy of Sly 2 for $26 + $5 shipping (ebgames was going to give $15). I also had an extra $10 copy of MGSTS (2 for $20 at TRU with the magic coupon) so I put it with a penny guide and it sold for $24. Both bidders paid quickly with paypal.

But I'm making it my goal to get value out of EBGAMES . . . see this thread for my explanation of how I got Steel Battalion by trading in 12 so-so (in value) games.

http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45253

Actually, some of the games that you have will likely not be excluded . . . see the list at the eb site to know which ones are definitely excluded. Quirky stuff like Finding Nemo will often fall through.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ads/shops/instoretradein/exclusions.asp

Just trade in ones that are marginal but are not excluded (my 3 category) . . . do two and add $25 and then return the game. I can't see how they can stop you from returning a new sealed game. Nowhere in the receipt or in store policy do they eliminate that possibility.[/quote]

dont know how great of a deal that sly trade off was. Someone at Gamecrazy (not a worker but another person in the store) offered me 50 bucks for the Demo with the Joe 2 on it. I turned them down saying im keeping it for a collectors item. Look on ebay I dont think there is a single 1 there. And since sony is destorying all these disc they should be come very rare. .. If not its not like 50 bucks is the most i ever lost on a game (i stepped on and broke my Shinning force CD for sega cd game few years back)

[quote name='slidecage']

dont know how great of a deal that sly trade off was. Someone at Gamecrazy (not a worker but another person in the store) offered me 50 bucks for the Demo with the Joe 2 on it. I turned them down saying im keeping it for a collectors item. Look on ebay I dont think there is a single 1 there. And since sony is destorying all these disc they should be come very rare. .. If not its not like 50 bucks is the most i ever lost on a game (i stepped on and broke my Shinning force CD for sega cd game few years back)[/quote]

I'd have taken the $50 :twisted:

I agree that there is a chance (personally I think its slim) that the demo will have long-term value. So, I'm keeping the second one that I have. But getting a quick $26 is cool . . . helps to cover some of my TRU purchases. With the wife and kids, I'm always trying to cover as much of my costs as possible.

i read some of the posts on this thread, and decided to clean house and unload some titles off to eb as well.

1) Outlaw Golf/Darkened Skye Bundle
2) Pacman Fever
3) Zoo Cube
4) Eternal Darkness (finished once)
5) Dead to Rights
6) Nintendo GC Preview Disc
7) Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc
8) Star Wars Rogue Leader III: Rebel Strike Bonus Disc
9) Nintendo GC Preview Disc

got $39.50 in store credit, my original cost was $49.95; 3 of the above were free anyway. my primary reason was to unload the bonus and preview discs, plus zoo cube and pacman fever.

surprisingly, the RE4 preview disc and pacman vs. was not in their system yet, so it wasn't eligible for the trade-in promo.

edit: 1-11-05 update. unloaded a couple more. i learned you can also trade-in 2 select titles, not excluded, and receive a new ea title under $19.99 free.

1) Rocky
2) NHL 2004

received new nfs:u1 (GC non-PC) and a re4 'making of' dvd. (the re4 'making of' dvd is only 10 minutes long and offers no new insight = crappy, everything on there you've already read in press releases)

When do the trade in 2 get 25$ off for Mercs and so end? My ebgames manager told me for Mercenaries it was a preorder deal but he'd ring it up as a preorder if I came it and got it soon, but I was worried if it might have been too late.

[quote name='CocaineReaver2k']When do the trade in 2 get 25$ off for Mercs and so end? My ebgames manager told me for Mercenaries it was a preorder deal but he'd ring it up as a preorder if I came it and got it soon, but I was worried if it might have been too late.[/quote]

Ends 1-30-05

[quote name='FOnewearl'][quote name='CocaineReaver2k']When do the trade in 2 get 25$ off for Mercs and so end? My ebgames manager told me for Mercenaries it was a preorder deal but he'd ring it up as a preorder if I came it and got it soon, but I was worried if it might have been too late.[/quote]

Ends 1-30-05[/quote]

yeah,and its not a pre order thing (halo 2, GTA SA, and NFSU2 were part of that deal also, and they were out way before the deal even started. So those couldn't have been for pre orders only)

[quote name='tenzor'][quote name='FOnewearl'][quote name='CocaineReaver2k']When do the trade in 2 get 25$ off for Mercs and so end? My ebgames manager told me for Mercenaries it was a preorder deal but he'd ring it up as a preorder if I came it and got it soon, but I was worried if it might have been too late.[/quote]

Ends 1-30-05[/quote]

yeah,and its not a pre order thing (halo 2, GTA SA, and NFSU2 were part of that deal also, and they were out way before the deal even started. So those couldn't have been for pre orders only)[/quote]

Picked up Mercenaries (Xbox) last night without any problem. The ad I saw shows it going on until the 30th.

I'm really liking the buy one get one 50% off on preplayed. I picked up Ogre Battle 64 and Dragon Warrior VII for $38. I really need to stop buying games for a while.

Edit: fixed typo

[quote name='Johnny Postman']Trade in 2 games get Halo 2, GTA:SA, NFS: underground 2 or Mercenaries for $24.99 (exclusion list applies)[/quote]

Can you use GBA games for that deal?

[quote name='Mospeada_21']i read some of the posts on this thread, and decided to clean house and unload some titles off to eb as well.

1) Outlaw Golf/Darkened Skye Bundle
2) Pacman Fever
3) Zoo Cube
4) Eternal Darkness (finished once)
5) Dead to Rights
6) Nintendo GC Preview Disc
7) Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc
8) Star Wars Rogue Leader III: Rebel Strike Bonus Disc
9) Nintendo GC Preview Disc

got $39.50 in store credit, my original cost was $49.95; 3 of the above were free anyway. my primary reason was to unload the bonus and preview discs, plus zoo cube and pacman fever.

surprisingly, the RE4 preview disc and pacman vs. was not in their system yet, so it wasn't eligible for the trade-in promo.

edit: 1-11-05 update. unloaded a couple more. i learned you can also trade-in 2 select titles, not excluded, and receive a new ea title under $19.99 free.

1) Rocky
2) NHL 2004

received new nfs:u1 (GC non-PC) and a re4 'making of' dvd. (the re4 'making of' dvd is only 10 minutes long and offers no new insight = crappy, everything on there you've already read in press releases)[/quote]

Did you know that the Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc goes for about $25 on eBay?

[quote name='onikage']Did you know that the Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc goes for about $25 on eBay?[/quote]

hmm...thanks for the fyi update onikage. $25 looks like a high, while $15 looks more realistic. the value i got from eb was about $11.50 or so with the promo, close enough for me without dealing with ebay fees or hassle. (i like trading with stores cause it saves me a lot of time)

let me also share some of my recent 'deals,' all results of trade-ins:

1) Need for Speed: Underground 1 GC, new from EB, my cost $6.99
2) X-Men Legends GC, new from EB, my cost $14.99
3) Metroid Prime 2: Echoes GC, new from GameCrazy, my cost $23.98

of course, this in no way comes anywhere close to the recent low prices of $11.50 - $15 :wink: that some people have paid to obtain RE4. :applause:

[quote name='xboxowns'][quote name='Johnny Postman']Trade in 2 games get Halo 2, GTA:SA, NFS: underground 2 or Mercenaries for $24.99 (exclusion list applies)[/quote]

Can you use GBA games for that deal?[/quote]

Nope only PS2 & Xbox games are eligible for this deal

I have a few decent games I'd like to unload with this. But I need 3 or so more cheap games to unload with this.

Does anyone know where I can get some of those jampacks and bonus disks or whatever for the cheapest price possible?

Anyone know if PS2 versions of Lotr: Two towers and Spiderman are POX or not? I don't see it on the list, although the GC version of Spiderman is.

**They have been excluded :cry: ** EB has a new, updated exclusion list, now in alphabetical order. Prices on games have also changed.

I've got some questions about the trade 2, get $25 off Mercs deal and possibly the trade 3, get an extra $10 deal.

Do either of these deals require the instructions along with the game and case?

Does the trade 3, get an extra $10 deal include the Sony demo discs like Getaway: BM, Sly 2, and a couple of sports games?

Would it be better to trade MVP Baseball 2004 under the trade 3 deal instead of the Mercs deal?

I'm also considering trading in these games:
Fantavision
Freedom Fighters(without manual)
Tiger Woods 2002

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']I've got some questions about the trade 2, get $25 off Mercs deal and possibly the trade 3, get an extra $10 deal.

Do either of these deals require the instructions along with the game and case?

Does the trade 3, get an extra $10 deal include the Sony demo discs like Getaway: BM, Sly 2, and a couple of sports games?

Would it be better to trade MVP Baseball 2004 under the trade 3 deal instead of the Mercs deal?

I'm also considering trading in these games:
Fantavision
Freedom Fighters(without manual)
Tiger Woods 2002[/quote]

Anyone?

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']Do either of these deals require the instructions along with the game and case?[/quote]
Yes, both these deals require you to have the games complete with a manual and case.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']Does the trade 3, get an extra $10 deal include the Sony demo discs like Getaway: BM, Sly 2, and a couple of sports games?[/quote]
I'm going to say yes, since they took a couple of Jampacks for me. Besides, it does say NO exclusions, but your employee/manager might not take demo discs. Anything else (i.e., old sports games) should be okay, though.

[quote name='MICHAE2414'][quote name='CrashSpyro123']Do either of these deals require the instructions along with the game and case?[/quote]
Yes, both these deals require you to have the games complete with a manual and case.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']Does the trade 3, get an extra $10 deal include the Sony demo discs like Getaway: BM, Sly 2, and a couple of sports games?[/quote]
I'm going to say yes, since they took a couple of Jampacks for me. Besides, it does say NO exclusions, but your employee/manager might not take demo discs. Anything else (i.e., old sports games) should be okay, though.[/quote]

Okay, I think I'll take three of the demo discs and then MVP 2004, Tiger Woods 2002, and Fantavision to EB for the trade 3 get an extra $10 deal. Thanks.

[quote name='Mospeada_21'][quote name='onikage']Did you know that the Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc goes for about $25 on eBay?[/quote]

hmm...thanks for the fyi update onikage. $25 looks like a high, while $15 looks more realistic. the value i got from eb was about $11.50 or so with the promo, close enough for me without dealing with ebay fees or hassle. (i like trading with stores cause it saves me a lot of time)

let me also share some of my recent 'deals,' all results of trade-ins:

1) Need for Speed: Underground 1 GC, new from EB, my cost $6.99
2) X-Men Legends GC, new from EB, my cost $14.99
3) Metroid Prime 2: Echoes GC, new from GameCrazy, my cost $23.98

of course, this in no way comes anywhere close to the recent low prices of $11.50 - $15 :wink: that some people have paid to obtain RE4. :applause:[/quote]

Hey, do you happen to remember how much the Pokemon Colosseum Promo disc got you before the $10 extra was added? I think I still have three or four of those lying around, and if they actually bring decent return for the penny I gave for them, I'd definitely consider trading them in! :D

bread's done
Back