New EBgames Trade in Deals (UPDATED 9/8/05)

tenzor

CAGiversary!
Trade 5 Games get an extra $5.00 for each game

Trade 4 Games get an extra $4.00 for each game

Trade 3 Games get an extra $3.00 for each game

some titles are excluded from trade in, cannot be combined with any other off or promotion. Valid on PS2/XB/Gamecube/PSP/DS games.

Get $50.00 Trade in Credit when you Trade in 5 PS2/XB/GC games towards NBA Live 2006 XB/GC/PS2 *

Get $50.00 Trade in Credit when you Trade in 5 PS2/XB/GC games towards The Suffering 2 XB/PS2 *

Get 10% more Trade in Credit when you Trade in 1 or more pre-played game towards the pre-purchase of Burnout Revenge XB/PS2 *NO EXCLUSIONS*

Get 25% more Trade in Credit when you Trade in 1 or more pre-played UMD or DVD movie towards the pre-purchase of Final Fantasy Advent Children UMD/DVD *NO EXLCUSIONS/ ONLY VALID ON PRE-PLAYED DVD or UMD

*exclusions apply, cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion.

ADDED 9/8/05 5:30PM PST

Get another 10% more Trade in Credit for each pre-played game when you present your EB EDGE DISCOUNT CARD. NOT VALID ON PREVIOUS TRADE INS, NO EXCLUSIONS , **3 DAYS ONLY 9/9 - 9/11*** EXPIRED

Get 10% more Trade in Credit when you Trade in 1 or more pre-played game towards the pre-purchase of 50 Cent Bulletproof XB/PS2 *NO EXCLUSIONS*

[quote name='BobbyVamDam']Is this for ebgames everywhere?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Suffering 2 might be worth it.. it has online multiplayer, does it not?

Trade 5 for a base of $25 plus whatever they get in trade might be worth it as well, I wonder how many times that could be done. That sounds a little generous for EB, though. Are you sure you don't mean trade in five and get an extra $5 to the total?

Doesn't EB knock the trade value's so that they really aren't giving you as much as you think your getting :whistle2:k ...

[quote name='Epic Wolf']Doesn't EB knock the trade value's so that they really aren't giving you as much as you think your getting :whistle2:k ...[/QUOTE]

..no. You're thinking of the one Gamestop promotion.

[quote name='Scorch']..no. You're thinking of the one Gamestop promotion.[/QUOTE]

the 50% offer ? regardless I'll call around later and see if it's worth the effort, as an example I get 26.40 for THUG2 (PSP) at GS with the 360 VIP 20% Xtra offer... hopefully EB can top that ;) , thanks for the info Scorch and Op :applause:

[quote name='Scorch']Yes.

Suffering 2 might be worth it.. it has online multiplayer, does it not?

Trade 5 for a base of $25 plus whatever they get in trade might be worth it as well, I wonder how many times that could be done. That sounds a little generous for EB, though. Are you sure you don't mean trade in five and get an extra $5 to the total?[/QUOTE]

well I am pretty sure its an extra $5.00 for all the five games (4.00 for all 4 games etc). I will double check when I work next time if not just call your local EB tomorrow to check because this deal is going on all month long. Don't forget there are exclusions, so EB will prob add a few new games to the exclusion list, and drop a few trade in values down.

[quote name='tenzor']well I am pretty sure its an extra $5.00 for all the five games (4.00 for all 4 games etc). I will double check when I work next time if not just call your local EB tomorrow to check because this deal is going on all month long. Don't forget there are exclusions, so EB will prob add a few new games to the exclusion list, and drop a few trade in values down.[/QUOTE]

Now i'm confused. First you say an additional 5 per game, nwo you say $5 total for all five games..

[quote name='Scorch']Now i'm confused. First you say an additional 5 per game, nwo you say $5 total for all five games..[/QUOTE]

No kidding, obviously it makes a huge difference.

But if it is $5 per game, this really isn't much different than the trade 2 get an extra $10 deal that they ran early this year. So I'm betting it is $5 per game (if trading 5). They just made it a little harder because you have to do 5 at once instead of 2. Hmmm.. actually, now that I think about it, there could be a huge difference. The trade 2 get an extra $5 ignored the standard exclusion (POX) list, and only excluded yearly sports titles. This one, though, might be similar - looking at tenzor's post, it looks like it might have different exclusions from the NBA Live and Suffering trade-in deals (which are certainly the POX list). "Some titles are excluded" vs. "exclusions apply". The latter sounds like the POX list (ie, typical excusions apply), while the former may be the sports titles again (as it sounds less restrictive) - interesting. We need more details!

And Tenzor, when you say it is going "all month long" do you mean this starts in Sept., or it goes for the rest of August, or goes now through Sept?

OK, amos_82 posted the following in an "EB deal request" thread:

--------------------
Here are the deals start tomorrow:
Trade in 4 games get NASCAR 06 for free until 8/31
Trade in 5 games get Rainbow 6 Lockdown for free until maybe 9/6
Trade in 5 games get Zelda for free until further notice
Trade in 5 games get NBA Live 06 for free until title arrives in stores
Get an extra $3 per title when you trade in 3
Get an extra $4 per title when you trade in 4
Get an extra $5 per title when you trade in 5
PO titles only on all promotions.
--------------------

So, sounds like it starts ASAP, and it is $5 per title, and it does only count for PO titles. Interesting...

:whistle2:k 5 for RS6 huh, now that's a decent deal...and the 5x5 is really tempting for my older stuff, I guess my only concern now is trading in now and needing it later for XB + ? Games for X amount off a 360 deal...does anyone know if you still get the free Pandora w/ RS6 @ B&M ?

I was going to pass on The Suffering 2, but with this deal I am going to pick it up. Now I just have to find the cheap games at TRU and GR.

Thanks OP and amos_82!

[quote name='Scorch']..no. You're thinking of the one Gamestop promotion.[/QUOTE]

I sure do love that trade 3 and get an extra $10 promo.

Oh, wait! It isn't $10, it's 10 Gamebucks. That '$' was just a typo.

I know this is off topic but can anyone confirm if EB is closed on Sundays, I rarely go to B&M's so I'm clueless about this...Thanks

[quote name='Epic Wolf']I know this is off topic but can anyone confirm if EB is closed on Sundays, I rarely go to B&M's so I'm clueless about this...Thanks[/QUOTE]

Should be open, I've never seen an EB closed on Sunday

Can anyone confirm when the RS6 offer officially goes into effect?
I called 3 EB's and none of them had any knowledge of it or the 5 x 5 offer either.

i took in 5 PSP games yesterday and was quoted $92 in store credit. I'm going to bring them back in today and see if the trade in deal applies to PSP games (the flyer did NOT mention them). Also, we can see if they dropped trade in prices across the board... im hoping I at least get the $92 I was quoted yesterday.

I'll post back when I get home.

[quote name='sandrokstar']isn't the exclusion list the same as POX list?[/QUOTE]

..a POX list IS an exclusion list! :wall: PreOwned Exclusion = POX!

[quote name='Maklershed']So technically someone could buy 5 copies of Outlaw Volleyball at about $4 each and then trade them in for Rainbow Six: Lockdown?[/QUOTE]

YMMV because EBs are not suppose to take in duplicate titles. That is also if EB doesn't update their exclusion list and put Outlaw Volleyball on there soon.

[quote name='fivecardstud']i took in 5 PSP games yesterday and was quoted $92 in store credit. I'm going to bring them back in today and see if the trade in deal applies to PSP games (the flyer did NOT mention them). Also, we can see if they dropped trade in prices across the board... im hoping I at least get the $92 I was quoted yesterday.

I'll post back when I get home.[/QUOTE]

the bonus did not work on PSP games, but the trade in price ($92) stayed the same from yesterday.

So no $5 bonus on PSP games...

It is definitely $5 per game (for 5 trades), and it started today. This was posted very prominently in the EB I went to today. It had no specific end date, though, and the dudes there didn't know. Now we have to start figuring out what things trade for (it was easier when it was just PO vs POX!).

[quote name='Maklershed']So technically someone could buy 5 copies of Outlaw Volleyball at about $4 each and then trade them in for Rainbow Six: Lockdown?[/QUOTE]

Heh Heh Heh. Good luck.

Whether or not they'll take multiples on the same preorder is definitely YMMV.

I don't know if there are variations on Outlaw Volleyball, but "Outlaw Volleyball: Red Hot" for Xbox is on the last POX list we got. I saw that for $2.99 new at Blockbuster yesterday too, so too bad...

ohhhh man...flashbacks of Feb. So much eb credit......So many trips to TRU for Green Tags......i still have like $400........here we go. the POX list may kill it though. plus the local eb guys got yelled at last time for letting me trade dups.

Has anyone figured out more details on the new trade in 5 games for extra $5 credit deal?

Is it just POX games excluded? And is it for sure $5 for each game (seems to be the general idea)

-Adam

I'd consider doing this with a lot of the games from my $5 sale thread, but I really don't value EB credit all that highly. Plus I assume 2/3rds of them are excluded at least.

According the guy I talked with, the list of exclusions is small, not like preorder POX exclusions. Will be taking some old crap to see.

[quote name='alive741']Has anyone figured out more details on the new trade in 5 games for extra $5 credit deal?

Is it just POX games excluded? And is it for sure $5 for each game (seems to be the general idea)

-Adam[/QUOTE]

It is definitely $5 per title (if trading 5 or more). The POX issue seems to be unresolved. The guys at my EB told me it was the usual list, but they just glanced at the poster in answering this and it says "some titles excluded". It really needs to be spelled out just what is excluded if it is different from the POX list!

Well if no one else finds out by tomorrow I'm going to go in with a stack and include a few I know are POX - we'll see what happens.

By the way, people are starting to post trade-in values in the EB POX thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61686

But so far, I think, all the trades have been PO anyway - but at least this seems to verify that the excluded titles are not MORE restrictive than the standard POX list.

Okay, so let say if I trade in 5 games (without the deals) then that would be 20 bucks. However, with this new deals, I can get 25 more bucks since it's 5 x 5 dollars. That mean with this deal, my 5 games can be total of 45 bucks credits?

[quote name='mgsvr']Okay, so let say if I trade in 5 games (without the deals) then that would be 20 bucks. However, with this new deals, I can get 25 more bucks since it's 5 x 5 dollars. That mean with this deal, my 5 games can be total of 45 bucks credits?[/QUOTE]

I don't think they combine, that'd be ridiculous. Unless you get a clueless employee.

at my local ebgames today i traded in a bunch of games and the guy asked me if i wanted to do any preorders...i asked what was available for the gamecube and he said Nba live and Zelda....know i knew zelda was pushed back so i asked him when it would come out and he said march but he said i could trade 5 games for 10 each and just put $5 down on zelda now...now it would have worked out better for me but i just didnt feel like being bothered 6 months down the line about Zelda for a dying system...

Anyways...the point is i thought this deal was dead since the title was pushed back so far...i guess not

[quote name='green and white']how much wuld i get trading in battlefront, timesplitters future perfect, metal gear solid 3, all for ps2[/QUOTE]

Timesplitters is 18 @ GS if that helps

bread's done
Back