New Eternal Darkness $4.99 EBgames B&M YMMV

sketch226

CAGiversary!
Sorry if this is a repeat- I dont come here all that often and I havent seen this posted anywhere.

Anyway, the deal is pretty much what's in the subject. My local store's manager told me they were trying to reduce inventory of them. I looked on EBgames' website and didn't see it, so I'm guessing this is probably in-store only. I can scan a receipt if necessary - hope this is helpful to someone.

It seems all EB games are out. Like I said, EBgames only has newer games or extremely crappy older games .. at least here in IL

Is there a possibility of this deal lasting until Saturday? I'm planning on going to EB on that day, so hopefully I can pick this up along with Tony Hawk's Underground 1 (PS2) for $15.

[quote name='Wario64']I heard 1080 Avalanche is $9.99 instore as well[/quote]

It was on Friday at least. I'm going to check out the price for Eternal Darkness later on today.

Man, that would be awesome. It would probably be enough to get me to buy a new copy and trade in the used copy I currently own. :D

If you own a Gamecube and you don't own this game, you don't deserve to call yourself a gamer. This is one of the best games on the Cube, and even though I am not a big survival horror fan, I played through this and beat it.

Do yourself a favor and run to your EB this minute and buy this game.

I wonder when we'll see the next wave of unadvertised, unmarked giant price cuts at EB...remember when the GC Robotech Collector's Box went so cheap, and Dark Cloud was like $3? I want some more of that action. LOL Lord knows I never buy any of their games at regular price...

[quote name='darkwingduck13']I wonder when we'll see the next wave of unadvertised, unmarked giant price cuts at EB...remember when the GC Robotech Collector's Box went so cheap, and Dark Cloud was like $3? I want some more of that action. LOL Lord knows I never buy any of their games at regular price...[/quote]

ah, the good old days! Bringing all those cheap games to purchase, asking for 3 copies of Robotech, and having the cashier stall for almost 5 minutes to ask his boss why everything was ringing up lower than the price tags. :)

Yeah, Strider, that was great. :D There was a GBA game there too that went super-cheap...Dark Arena? Some kind of humongously crappy fighting game like Super Sango Fighter for PC. LOL I bought one of those for like $3, and my local game shop gave me $10 credit for it after I found out it was a steaming pile. :D

Just to reiterate, if you have a NGC then this game is a must own. It is one of the best games I have ever played on any unit. For $4.99 I am going to get another copy if I can find one- just cause :)

[quote name='Strider Turbulence'][quote name='darkwingduck13']I wonder when we'll see the next wave of unadvertised, unmarked giant price cuts at EB...remember when the GC Robotech Collector's Box went so cheap, and Dark Cloud was like $3? I want some more of that action. LOL Lord knows I never buy any of their games at regular price...[/quote]

ah, the good old days! Bringing all those cheap games to purchase, asking for 3 copies of Robotech, and having the cashier stall for almost 5 minutes to ask his boss why everything was ringing up lower than the price tags. :)[/quote]

ill raise a glass to that

Anyone know if EBs prices are store specific or are they set by corporate, i just called my EB and they have some copies but they were to busy to check prices

[quote name='whoknows']I dont have an EB near me, only a Gamestop.
Sucks for me.[/quote]

I use to have 3 EB Games all around me within a 1 - 1½ mile radius, but the EBX closed out.. I though wish there was 1 more Gamestop in my city, but in Serramonte (a nearby mall / shopping center), which is outside the city by a few miles, there are like 3 GameStops in that small area, and 1 EB game store. The GameStops are like half a mile apart, in the same radius.

Thats a pretty good deal on Eternal Darkness.

i went to two stores today and both of them had display copies that they tried to pass off to me

no thank you....i love how they say "well this was just to put the box on the shelf so no one would steal it"

weren't there some posts here talking about how employees actually take these display copies home and play them like rentals?

i hardly shop at ebgames but i've learned my lesson..call ahead and make sure they've got shrinkwrapped copies

[quote name='gsr']

weren't there some posts here talking about how employees actually take these display copies home and play them like rentals?

[/quote]

I don't know if it still goes on a lot but someone who works at EB at my school, always used to tell me how he could take any display copy home and play the game as long as it was not an in demand new release.

This was true five years ago. You could check out games like a library, up to two at a time, and keep them for two days. I heard they discontinued this practice last year, but I canceled my employment in '02, so I can't confirm.

I picked it up today...Too bad the case was the display copy, so it was plastered with stickers and in pretty rough shape. Not only that, I think I got one of those "used but new" discs that is typical of EBgames because the disc was scratched a bit.
Oh well, can't complain too much for $5.

That game is awesome! I remember not knowing what the heck it was when I bought it for $5 or so from Blockbuster used. Turned out to be one of my favorite games ever.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']I picked it up today...Too bad the case was the display copy, so it was plastered with stickers and in pretty rough shape. Not only that, I think I got one of those "used but new" discs that is typical of EBgames because the disc was scratched a bit.
Oh well, can't complain too much for $5.[/quote]

I picked up my copy a day or two ago, but it wound up being even worse than having the display copy. Basically, they had the actual game disk, but could not find either the box or the instructions on dislay. I wound up leaving with just the game CD for $5...kinda crappy feeling after the fact so I wound up just trading it in to Gamerush and getting my $5 bucks back in credit. I rather pick up a used copy with box and instructions then have to deal with a GC game without a case

Thanks OP,

I stopped by my EB and checked on some preowned pc games to see if the 75% off deal had been ressurrected - No Luck there, but they were surprised to see Eternal Darkness for $4.99. Bought that to add to my pile of unplayed games.

[quote name='Joe Fongul'][quote name='Ugamer_X']I picked it up today...Too bad the case was the display copy, so it was plastered with stickers and in pretty rough shape. Not only that, I think I got one of those "used but new" discs that is typical of EBgames because the disc was scratched a bit.
Oh well, can't complain too much for $5.[/quote]

I picked up my copy a day or two ago, but it wound up being even worse than having the display copy. Basically, they had the actual game disk, but could not find either the box or the instructions on dislay. I wound up leaving with just the game CD for $5...kinda crappy feeling after the fact so I wound up just trading it in to Gamerush and getting my $5 bucks back in credit. I rather pick up a used copy with box and instructions then have to deal with a GC game without a case[/quote]

lol, better then nothing. I once bought a used copy of RE with no box or instructions for $17.

yeah they gave me the display copy too. The guy was amazed at the 5 buck price(maybe even more so since it still said 39.99 on it :lol:) It makes a weird noise when i play it on my gamecube though...didnt really try any other games to see if it was the cube or the game but ill check it on my other cube at college when i go back up. Does anyone else have that noise constantly going when its reading the intro?

[quote name='Weedy649']yeah they gave me the display copy too. The guy was amazed at the 5 buck price(maybe even more so since it still said 39.99 on it :lol:) It makes a weird noise when i play it on my gamecube though...didnt really try any other games to see if it was the cube or the game but ill check it on my other cube at college when i go back up. Does anyone else have that noise constantly going when its reading the intro?[/quote]

I don't think anything's wrong with the game, there's probably just a lot of loading involved in the beginning of the game. Whenever I play Metroid Prime, there's a lot of noise and loading at the intro, but once the game starts up, it gets quiet.

Got it today. It was a display copy with box and manual, but it was not sealed. I guess I can't complain too much for this price. Thanks OP.

I found a copy in Willowbend mall in Plano. This was yesterday around 4:00 pm. I think there was at least one more copy. Oh, it was a sealed copy.

Is this just resident evil with a different control scheme? I've played it for 45 minutes, and thats all I've gotten out of it.
Oh and when I picked up my copy, the box that I brought up to the counter still said 39.99. Needless to say, the clerk was rather surprised.

bread's done
Back