*NEW* Fatal Frame Trilogy (PS2) - $79.99 shipped @ GQD

Capitalizt

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Want to own the scariest game collection of all time? Here ya go! ;)

Link!

Enter code GPFATALS for $30 off. Shipping is free. Thanks Game Podunk for the code.

game-questdirect_2061_70964483

Fatal Frame is in the same vein as the Silent Hill series..with a more twisted Japanese style of horror like "The Grudge".

Play them in the dark and prepare to wet yourself. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing this thread made me even wonder if I had all 3. It has been so long and I boxed up all my last gen games. Some with out even playing them first. When I get time I think I"m going to play thies again. To bad a guide never came out other then online for them. It would be nice if the fourth one would come out in the states.

For those of you with original sealed copies of FF1 and FF2, I wouldn't get too bent out of shape over this. If this reprint follows along the lines of other GQD reprints, FF1 and FF2 won't have the UPC sticker on top, so they will be different than the original prints. Sealed collectors will still want and pay for the original prints. FF3 will probably be identical though to the original release since that never had the UPC sticker.

I decided to go for the deal. Why? Because these games are hard to find for a reasonable price and I love them.

That's the main difference between these games and the previous rerelease trilogies (Hitman, GTA, DMC, MGS, WWE, PoP, etc.), I never had any problem going to Gamestop or Walmart and find each of them for under $20.

Now don't get me wrong, I would love to have seen them at a much lower price, but seeing how my good friend just bought a used copy of each for $40 at a local retailer, this is a much better deal than in stores, IF you can find them.

Hey guys, I received an email saying my order was backordered...

"Backordered Notification GameQuestDirect

Dear xxxxx,

GameQuestDirect wish to thank you for the opportunity to service your
gaming needs. This email is to inform that one or more items in Order
#123456 is currently on backordered status."

[quote name='xsouthparkx']Hey guys, I received an email saying my order was backordered...

"Backordered Notification GameQuestDirect

Dear xxxxx,

GameQuestDirect wish to thank you for the opportunity to service your
gaming needs. This email is to inform that one or more items in Order
#123456 is currently on backordered status."[/QUOTE]

^^^This. Well, sort of. I did the preorder for Fatal Frame 1. The backorder e-mail was sent to me this morning... order was placed on Wednesday.

If I didn't already own part 2 and 3 I would have jumped on this offer.

Any info on GQD's backorders??? I'm new to buying from them.

[quote name='GreatDoink']I decided to go for the deal. Why? Because these games are hard to find for a reasonable price and I love them[/QUOTE]
At least somebody gets it.

Some people are arguing how the reprints are going to lower the value of the orginal prints. Other are saying that the reprints are too expensive for a trilogy of old games. You can't satisfy everyone. But at least GQD is trying to do so. Yes, the reprints will hurt the value of the secondhand market, HOWEVER, pricing them high means that it won't be too big a dent into that market, and for too long. Yet, they are cheaper than the market value of these games, so they are trying to satisfy gamers looking to get these at a better price. GQD is taking the middle road here, but it doesn't seem that people appreciate it, except for gamers who actually have been wanting these games anyway.

I agree with a lot being said in this thread. As gamers are we really buying hopefully rare games to sell at a higher price? Then turn around and get mad when a company beats us to the punch? I never got into the habit of buying games just to make a buck. And I do own some games that have been hit by the reprint of GQD, however, I view it as a chance for people who didn't get the game the first time around. Or maybe didn't have the console it was on when it was released. I find it upsetting that people would be brought to "tears" (obvious joke) over their "rare" game being reprinted. Anyways, people like me how didn't get the game or the games were stolen, lost, then its a great chance to get some great games, brand new. Cheaper than the ebay scalpers. Have fun.

[quote name='Vegan']If the point is to have a collection, value still doesn't come into play. By all means, keep it as part of your collection. But wanting to keep it rare just so you have something "valuable" is selfish.[/QUOTE]

In my opinion the series is great and as many people should own them. However, I think all interests could be served by reprinting the games under a more conspicuous packaging that doesn't decrease the value of people who bought the first print.

And value most certainly does come into play. How would collectors decide how to formulate trades? Ohh you want to trade your Nintendo 1990 World Championship Cartridge for my copy of fuck. Sure that sounds like a plan!!

I only need part 2, as I have all 3 but 2 is on Xbox. I'd rather have them all on PS2. Wish I knew someone that only needed part 1 and/or 3. (or two people that one needed 1 the other needed 3) to split this with them at about $27 a piece.

[quote name='NismoZZzz']Used prices are about the same, bit the bullet on these black labeled copies. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Well there is no greatest hits on any game in the series. So yeah they're definetely black label.

Why are people arguing price? I thought it was stated that these were really rare games with high values.... Soooo how is 80$ for the whole trilogy a ( about $27 ) hightprice... wouldn't it cost you more to buy the whole trilogy ( original trilogy ) a more then $80?

I would buy them if I had the money... always wanted to play them.

[quote name='ninja dog']The xbox versions are better though...graphics and extra content wise. plus, they're upscaled and run well on the 360.[/QUOTE]

no they dont....if you play it on the 360, it skips some cut scenes and has glitches

I bit. I tried to be strong and not buy them, but I just couldn't hold out. I played the first one awhile back, didn't really like it too much, but I enjoy the survival horror genre a little more now so I'll give it another shot.

The page says the item is for pre-order now. I don't know if that's the way it was before or not, but that could be a clue.

[quote name='gobz']In my opinion the series is great and as many people should own them. However, I think all interests could be served by reprinting the games under a more conspicuous packaging that doesn't decrease the value of people who bought the first print.

And value most certainly does come into play. How would collectors decide how to formulate trades? Ohh you want to trade your Nintendo 1990 World Championship Cartridge for my copy of fuck. Sure that sounds like a plan!![/QUOTE]

I give up. I'll never understand you people. You're worse than De Beers.

[quote name='gobz']And value most certainly does come into play. How would collectors decide how to formulate trades? Ohh you want to trade your Nintendo 1990 World Championship Cartridge for my copy of fuck. Sure that sounds like a plan!![/QUOTE]

If you're collecting games, why would you ever want to get rid of one of them...? If you're looking to make a profit, be honest about it.

The question should be as simple as "Do I want to have that game more than I want to keep this game?". Price has nothing to do with it unless you're intending to make money.

[quote name='Mako1215']Why are people arguing price? [...]
I would buy them if I had the money... always wanted to play them.[/QUOTE]

I think this quote sums it up pretty well. It's better for the game company and people that actually want to play the game if they rerelease it at a reasonable price like everyone else.

Why should companies take a middle road to appease people that hoard their games so that they can resell them later? By buying up games typically when they're cheapest, being clearanced out, they're preventing other people from seeing that game on store shelves. Reselling them at a profit, and through less well-known channels, means that companies don't get as wide an audience, which means that future entries in a series don't have as large of a userbase. They're shrinking the number of buyers-- people that have been wanting to buy, but can't afford to are out; as are people that would've wanted to buy, but not at that price. And the people that would be 'upset' by this being released at a lower price point are those that claim to already own the game.

[quote name='Vegan']I give up. I'll never understand you people. You're worse than De Beers.[/QUOTE]

That's a low blow. I'm worse than a company with a history of arguable slave labor? Thanks. Put a tin-foil hat on your head, and stick it in the microwave. Snert.

Well if anyone wants to trade me their PS2 Fatal Frame II PS2 for my Xbox Fatal Frame II + $10, let me know. But it would have to be either sealed or mint and complete. My Xbox copy is mint/complete.

[quote name='gobz']That's a low blow. I'm worse than a company with a history of arguable slave labor? Thanks. Put a tin-foil hat on your head, and stick it in the microwave. Snert.[/QUOTE]

In case you were unaware, diamonds are actually not rare at all. They're hoarded by the big diamond companies and their release to the public is controlled so as to keep the value high.

You want games to stay rare just so that the ones collecting dust on your shelf are worth more.

I don't have time for greedy, selfish people. I hope digital distribution really takes off JUST to piss off people like you.

[quote name='Vegan']

I don't have time for greedy, selfish people. I hope digital distribution really takes off JUST to piss off people like you.[/QUOTE]

I dislike digital distribution only for the reason that I get no physical copy to hold to. For example, I purchased two copies of the asian version of Siren for PS3 instead of paying to download it. I purchased one to play and one to keep sealed.

Most of the games, such as Final Fantasy VII (recently released as DLC) and the success of Virtual Console titles brings many excellent games at somewhat affordable prices. I am behind that 100% and it makes me happy to know developers are still getting recognition for their hard work. Personally I like having physical copies of games and playing them on their original hardware.

You really seem to want it both ways: playing the game AND having a copy virtual identity to the original print. Take this for example: http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-CAT-IN-THE-...c0.m14&_trkparms=65:16|66:2|39:1|293:1|294:50

Now this book can be purchased from amazon New for $8.99. The books contain the exact same great Dr. Seuss story. However, the publisher makes a point to distinguish which edition the book is.

As a huge fan of the survival horror genre I hope that everyone that doesn't have these games buy them. They are great games and worth every penny. My only point was to make reprints clearly distinguishable from first prints.

I am hoping that the trilogy will show up at Gamestop for $29.99 like MGS and DMC

Its hard to shell out that kind of greenizzles but the series IS really amazing

***stands on fence and scratches head***

-

[quote name='chunlirocks']I am hoping that the trilogy will show up at Gamestop for $29.99 like MGS and DMC

Its hard to shell out that kind of greenizzles but the series IS really amazing

***stands on fence and scratches head***

-[/QUOTE]

I would say that will never happen, because unlike MGS and DMC none of these games sold all that well. It would be up to Tecmo. The only chance is that they do it to piss off Nintendo since Nintendo wouldn't allow Fatal Frame 4 to come to U.S. Wiis and Tecmo is pissed about that.

To those of you that sent me emails, I'm going to hold off for now on Fatal Frame 2. Other than someone wanting to trade their PS2 FF2 for my Xbox FF2 + $10.

Last edited by a moderator:
The XBOX versions are better for I and II -- extra endings, extra unlockables, and cleaner graphics. I bought I and II on XBX from CC and TRU for $5 and $10, respectively, and then picked up the 3rd a long time ago when TRU had them for $10. These are great games.

The 3rd game is really good -- but I think the XBX versions spoiled me a little :)

[quote name='refusedchaos']no they dont....if you play it on the 360, it skips some cut scenes and has glitches[/QUOTE]

which one? some specifics would be helpful...I never had a problem with either game on the system.

Those waiting for a 3-pack collection at their local GS. I don't see that happening soon or even ever. This "trilogy" pack is just all three reprints sold at once. No slipcover or anything. This pack wasn't made my Tecmo, but by GQD

[quote name='ninja dog']which one? some specifics would be helpful...I never had a problem with either game on the system.[/QUOTE]

I think for the first fatal Frame, 2 cut screen would black out on xbox 360

[quote name='ninja dog']which one? some specifics would be helpful...I never had a problem with either game on the system.[/QUOTE]

on the first one, a couple of cut scenes would be missing and a couple of glitches happen towards the middle and the end.

well I finally put up a pre-order....

I haven't played any bit of the series, and I just did a search on all the local game stores and nothing...

so it's either ebay... trading/goozex... or finally just buy the damn things new.

I don't care for reprints. it's the 1's and 0's I enjoy the most so having a chance to get them and new is a nice surprise.

[quote name='ckonze']Just got an email from GameQuestDirect. It just shipped out today. :)[/QUOTE]

yep, looks like mine did too.

Was hoping that they weren't going to ship till august... oh well.

Wow I just checked my tracking number and they shipped it Priority! How nice of them to compensate for the delay.

@willardhaven: that's what's fun about these fatal frame games. it really gets to you unlike some other horror games. i remember not playing fatal frame 2 for a month just trying to strike up the courage to finish it.

ok ill try to be as SPOILER free on this but i remember stopping fatal frame 2 for a good few weeks cause of one scene. its like 10-15 hours into game i think been
awhile. anyhow your in one of the houses trying to solve this ghost/haunt mystery and like out of nowhere this giant old man demon ghost lunges at you. meanwhile its
lightning and all you here is the storm and screams. yah i nearly fell out of my bed.

[quote name='gauu']ok ill try to be as SPOILER free on this but i remember stopping fatal frame 2 for a good few weeks cause of one scene. its like 10-15 hours into game i think been
awhile. anyhow your in one of the houses trying to solve this ghost/haunt mystery and like out of nowhere this giant old man demon ghost lunges at you. meanwhile its
lightning and all you here is the storm and screams. yah i nearly fell out of my bed.[/QUOTE]

yeah i still haven't finished the first one cause of the scare factor, that and the blinded demon is really annoying.

bread's done
Back