*NEW* Fatal Frame Trilogy (PS2) - $79.99 shipped @ GQD

Capitalizt

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Want to own the scariest game collection of all time? Here ya go! ;)

Link!

Enter code GPFATALS for $30 off. Shipping is free. Thanks Game Podunk for the code.

game-questdirect_2061_70964483

Fatal Frame is in the same vein as the Silent Hill series..with a more twisted Japanese style of horror like "The Grudge".

Play them in the dark and prepare to wet yourself. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Xiemos']
By the way, I have a question. Should I just jump into FF3? Or are the stories related to each other? I want to play 3 mainly because it's the most recent one, and should have more polish than the others. I'm not sure if I can deal with tank controls or dated game play of the first 2.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I'm pretty sure the 2 build onto 3, so while I can't say the storylines intersect, there is some stuff in 3 you simply won't understand if you don't play 1 and 2.

I'm not one of those people who think the order matters -- you can certainly jump into 3 and go back to 1 and 2 and you might appreciate 3 more.

As for these games, this is a solid deal. I have to say though that while the PS2 versions of 1 and 2 are great, XBX got the better iterations of them. 1 and 2 are essentially the director's cuts on the XBX so they have more unlockables and alternative endings. I admit I was bummed to hear that 3 only hit the PS2. Still, 3 has some solid polish so me being spoiled by the XBX versions didn't harm the game's experience, but those load times and jaggies -- they had me sighing a few times.

I think I'm going to bite and order these. It's next to impossible to find these games period, let alone at a price below $40 each. It's going to hurt my wallet, but I've been told these are must have's for any horror fan, and I'm trying to conquer all the big horror franchises. This one is next on my list.

[quote name='CloverField06']Do these have a 16:9 progressive scan mode?[/QUOTE]

Only III has progressive scan. None of them are widescreen.

[quote name='opportunity777']So far, I believe the DVD cases don't have the memory card holder.

Also, there is no official Sony seal on FF1 or 2. Otherwise, I haven't see any differences.[/QUOTE]

Was there more than one printing of the First Part?

Holding a set of originals and reprints side by side,
the differences are quite subtle for II & III, and mostly
a matter of tint/color, but major noticeable differences for the first,
starting with the larger FATAL FRAME spine logo with the added "TM"
and large TECMO font on the front [minus the "100% games" text]

The back yellow font is different and formatted slightly smaller,
a photo is different, and there is the added box with the
red WARNING text, as well as the specs relocated.
The lower half has basically been reformatted.

Definitely no mistaking the reprint for what I thought
was the only pre-existing print of the first.

While I do know that these games are hard to find and expensive and I am a fan of capitalism, I find it a bit wrong that this set is priced at $79.99. Every other PS2 3-pak is $29.99. But GQD has the right to take advantage of the market.

Just my opinion.

[quote name='mogamer']While I do know that these games are hard to find and expensive and I am a fan of capitalism, I find it a bit wrong that this set is priced at $79.99. Every other PS2 3-pak is $29.99. But GQD has the right to take advantage of the market.[/QUOTE]

Its not an "official" 3-pack of games repackaged in a cardboard sleeve and sold in the retail channel. It is a GQD reprint of 3 separate titles. GQD reprints and then resells these titles usually just through their own Website (mogamer and J7. pointed out that some have made it into the wild=Resident Evil @ Gamestop). GQD puts up any money needed to re-license and publish these titles, based on their perception of market demand. They are not the same as the 3-packs you find in the retail channel, sold to B&M stores by distributors from publisher restocks/reprints.

I recall a PS1 Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo Reprint a few years back that was small, but made it out to the GS/EB streams as well.

[quote name='CloverField06']Do these have a 16:9 progressive scan mode?[/QUOTE]

As said before I and II are 480i only and none are widescreen.

However, I and II look fantastic on my HD set using component cables and keeping the original 4:3 aspect ratio.

[quote name='donssword']Its not an "official" 3-pack of games sold in the retail channel. It is a GQD offering only. GQD reprints and then resells these titles -only- through their own Website (someone correct me if I am wrong on this last point). GQD puts up any money needed to re-license and publish these titles, based on their perception of market demand. They are not the same as the 3-packs you find in the retail channel, sold to B&M stores by distributors.[/QUOTE]

Didn't some of their reprints (like the Gamecube RE games) make it to Gamestop where they were opened and sold as used (because the used price was higher)?

[quote name='mogamer']Didn't some of their reprints (like the Gamecube RE games) make it to Gamestop where they were opened and sold as used (because the used price was higher)?[/QUOTE]
Yes.

Holy shit that was some fast shipping. I ordered these, like, just barely two or three days ago, and it said to allow 7-14 days for shipping, yet here they are. I'm happy, but I was also hoping to finish Silent Hill 3 before these got here...

bread's done
Back