NEW Gamerush Deals thread - This place still rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
SJ41 - Read my post again. I did NOT say anything along the lines that copying coupons is allowed. In fact I said I am against it. Let's not start another pointless argument. JSweeney was nice to me because I wrote my opinion respectfully and he had no reason to be anything other than that. Now let the thread get back on topic.

Both of you guys need to drop it, like we used to tell people in EQ take it to tells!! Or take it to the appropriate forum or pms, now as to not hijack this thread anyone know what new deals are coming after this next round or they gonna extend this trade 2 buy best of 2004 thing for a while?

[quote name='jshorr']SJ41 - Read my post again. I did NOT say anything along the lines that copying coupons is allowed. In fact I said I am against it. Let's not start another pointless argument. JSweeney was nice to me because I wrote my opinion respectfully and he had no reason to be anything other than that. Now let the thread get back on topic.[/quote]

Yep. Unless someone brings that scam back up, I'm ready to move back on.
I stopped at one today and managed to pick up THUG 2 with a Trade 5, get a game for $1 today.

I've done really well with the coupons, and it's finally clearing my cabinets of some of the extra CC and Best Buy clearence games.
I only have one more coupon left.. it's a pity. It'd be really nice if I could turn up another magazine with the coupons in it, but most of the magazines on the newstands around me don't have the coupons it.

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='jshorr']SJ41 - Read my post again. I did NOT say anything along the lines that copying coupons is allowed. In fact I said I am against it. Let's not start another pointless argument. JSweeney was nice to me because I wrote my opinion respectfully and he had no reason to be anything other than that. Now let the thread get back on topic.[/quote]

Yep. Unless someone brings that scam back up, I'm ready to move back on.
I stopped at one today and managed to pick up THUG 2 with a Trade 5, get a game for $1 today.

I've done really well with the coupons, and it's finally clearing my cabinets of some of the extra CC and Best Buy clearence games.
I only have one more coupon left.. it's a pity. It'd be really nice if I could turn up another magazine with the coupons in it, but most of the magazines on the newstands around me don't have the coupons it.[/quote]

The way I see it the $5 extra is different deal then the coupon deal, no gamerush I go to has had a problem with them. IF you really want to get too carried away isn't you making a profit on $5 clearance games and selling them for a profit to Gamerush immoral? I mean you know Gamerush is never going to make their money back, not going to sell Madden 2003 or Hobbit on the GC for $40, I'm sure you sold the Unreal II for $25 knowing Gamerush would never sell all the copies?

The way I see it the $5 extra is different deal then the coupon deal, no gamerush I go to has had a problem with them.

IF you really want to get too carried away isn't you making a profit on $5 clearance games and selling them for a profit to Gamerush immoral?

I fail to see how selling a game from CC that gets 1.50 trade in when you bought it for five is immoral. I have yet to see a game I bought on the CC clearences actually turn a profit when used with the coupons.

Sure, If I used them with the trade 3, get an extra 5 on each I would see a profit, but I don't care about trade in credit, since I rarely buy my new games at Gamerush, due the lack of variety in the new product they get in. If they do carry a game that I am going to buy, and noone else is offering a better deal, I do buy it at Gamerush to support them.
I'm a firm believer in supporting stores that you like with your business.

I'm actually probably a very profitable customer for gamerush..
Used games are thier high profit center... selling a used game either relieves them of some the sunk cost of thier rental operation, or earns them a tidy profit. I don't trade things in towards new titles... I trade in and get preowned things.

Anyways, I see intent as the cornerstone of all of this. If I went and cleaned out a CC with the expressed purpose of piling up sums of trade in credit, I think that would be selfish, yet not illegal.
Intent is the crux of all of this.

Of course, that isn't what I did. I had about 7 games that I ended up getting stuck with (When I find big clearence, I buy for about 5-6 people.. myself, a couple of my friends and a couple of coworkers). A few of the game I bought, none of them wanted.
Rather than just let them rot on a shelf, I took advantage of the coupons that I got in the magazines I subscribe to.

I mean you know Gamerush is never going to make their money back, not going to sell Madden 2003 or Hobbit on the GC for $40, I'm sure you sold the Unreal II for $25 knowing Gamerush would never sell all the copies?

I never bought Unreal II, or Drake. I didn't care for the games. I don't buy games as a means to an end, or because they have a high trade in value so that I could turn a profit. I buy them because they are... gasp.. fun.
I did buy the Hobbit for the gamecube... It's still sitting on my shelf right now.

[quote name='jshorr']Man don't get him started again![/quote]

So long as everyone tries to be at least somewhat polite, jshorr, I doubt we'd have any problems. Like you said "JSweeney was nice to me because I wrote my opinion respectfully and he had no reason to be anything other than that". Considering that both you and I run on that premise, everything will be copasetic unless someone comes in half-cocked and tries to start trouble.

Wow, that took less time than I thought.
:roll:

Jeez, all this moral stuff is just BS. Can we get back to just identifying the deals, loopholes and ways to maximize all our cash. If you think something is wrong just don't DO IT.

[quote name='stoned99']Jeez, all this moral stuff is just BS. Can we get back to just identifying the deals, loopholes and ways to maximize all our cash. If you think something is wrong just don't DO IT.[/quote]So, we shouldn't do it because we believe that it's wrong, but we should help you? :? Doesn't make sense to me.

stop being a "forum police", people, and just get back to the topic: "NEW Gamerush Deals thread - This place still rocks"...

Way to bring it back up.
Yep, you telling everyone to go back on topic in
an abrasive and abusive manner is really going to get this back on topic sooner.
Way to go. Do you want a medal?

Rodney says
" Can't we all just get along?"

Rodney%20King.jpg

[quote name='supadupacheap']Rodney says

Rodney%20King.jpg
[/quote]sj41 says "no". :twisted: :wink:

They now have Halo 2 on thier commercial loop in-store, advertising "unprecedented deals" and various other nice sounding buzz words. If your picking up halo 2 at eb or gamestop, id probably suggest at least stopping by a GR.

[quote name='supadupacheap']Rodney says

Rodney%20King.jpg
[/quote]

Reginald Denny says... "STAY IN YOUR CAR!!"

[quote name='JSweeney'] Anyways, I see intent as the cornerstone of all of this. If I went and cleaned out a CC with the expressed purpose of piling up sums of trade in credit, I think that would be selfish, yet not illegal.
Intent is the crux of all of this. [/quote]

Blockbuster's intent is to make a profit from their business with me. My intent is to make a profit with my business from them.

If there are loopholes in the trading system then I believe it's Blockbuster's responsiblility to close those loopholes, not mine. If there are conditions on the coupons circulating out there then I expect Blockbuster as a business to enforce those conditions.

If Blockbuster ultimately loses money on this Game Rush venture will I place the brunt of the blame on those trying to work the system? No, I'll blame Blockbuster first and foremost for not enforcing their own regulations and not attempting to close those loopholes in the first place.

My thanks to all those who have posted deals and loopholes with the system. I've used those those loopholes a few times my self. I'll admit I've traded a couple Hobbits, Unreal II's, and a couple Space Channel 5's for store credit.

If all this makes me an immoral, selfish s.o.b. in Jsweeney's eyes or anyone elses then they're entitled to their opinion. I'm all for a parent trying to instill certain values and morals into their own children but when it comes to a person trying to push their morality on the general public it's a delicate issue. The person runs the risk of coming across as self-righteous and in the end, the only influence the person may exert is in influencing the general public to dislike him/her.

Regardless, I would encourage those of you who find deals and loopholes to continue to post them here. If I come across any I'll try to do the same. It seems there are at least a couple people here at the forums here beside myself that would be interested in hearing about the deals you've found.

Blockbuster's intent is to make a profit from their business with me. My intent is to make a profit with my business from them.

Which is fine, so long as you follow thier policies to the letter.
If you step over that line, you're a crook... even if Blockbuster lets you get away with it.

If there are loopholes in the trading system then I believe it's Blockbuster's responsiblility to close those loopholes, not mine. If there are conditions on the coupons circulating out there then I expect Blockbuster as a business to enforce those conditions.

It is thier issue to enforce the conditions, and by and large it is done.
That doesn't absolve someone of the fact they are commiting fraud if they
specifically go to a store and use a coupon against the terms of the policy.

If Blockbuster ultimately loses money on this Game Rush venture will I place the brunt of the blame on those trying to work the system? No, I'll blame Blockbuster first and foremost for not enforcing their own regulations and not attempting to close those loopholes in the first place.

Blockbuster will never lose money on Game Rush due to the synergy with it's core business. I could however, close down all the loopholes you're so fond of exploiting, curtail all future promos that are as favorable as they ones we are seeing.

My thanks to all those who have posted deals and loopholes with the system. I've used those those loopholes a few times my self. I'll admit I've traded a couple Hobbits, Unreal II's, and a couple Space Channel 5's for store credit. If all this makes me an immoral, selfish s.o.b. in Jsweeney's eyes or anyone elses then they're entitled to their opinion.

If you follow all of the policies to the letter, and do everything the way Blockbuster wants you to, I have no moral problems with what you are doing. You're still a selfish jerk for doing it and then getting indignant about it when someone calls you on it, but that doesn't make you a crook.

I'm all for a parent trying to instill certain values and morals into their own children but when it comes to a person trying to push their morality on the general public it's a delicate issue. The person runs the risk of coming across as self-righteous and in the end, the only influence the person may exert is in influencing the general public to dislike him/her.

The converse is just as true.
Of course, I'm not going to sit idly by as someone polutes the board with a scam as a deal. That's wrong and hurts the image of these great boards CheapyD has made.

From the historical record on the board, it seems that my posts miff a few people with questionable ethics, outright pisses off the thieving assholes, and everyone else doesn't seem to have a problem with it.

Regardless, I would encourage those of you who find deals and loopholes to continue to post them here. If I come across any I'll try to do the same. It seems there are at least a couple people here at the forums here beside myself that would be interested in hearing about the deals you've found.

I'm all for the deals, and I don't mind hearing about the loopholes.
I put my foot down at outright scams and fraud.

[quote name='JSweeney']If you follow all of the policies to the letter, and do everything the way Blockbuster wants you to, I have no moral problems with what you are doing. You're still a selfish jerk for doing it and then getting indignant about it when someone calls you on it, but that doesn't make you a crook.
[/quote]

I've noticed from a few of your recent posts in this thread that you're not opposed to name calling. If you lived every facet of your life without fault I could see where you were coming from in your posts. I know and I hope you know as well, however, that no man is without his faults.

It's easy for someone to play judge and jury but I would bear in mind that with the judgement you judge with, it will be judged also unto you and with the measure you use, it will be measured on to you as well.

I come to CAG for the deals, not for lessons in morality and I especially don't come to CAG to be judged.

I hate to get involved in this once again but don't you think that a store and it's manager (and what a manager instructs his/her employees) has the ability to change/modify deals and that it is their responsiblity or option to follow rules to the strict letter or modify it? Quick examples....bring a copied coupon into a store and try to sneak it off and use it? Wrong/fraud (in my opinion). Bring a copied coupon into the store and say "this is a copy of a coupon, can I use it?" If they allow you to, no problem. If you ask can I double dip on the coupon and the $5 extra deal....or the preowned deal and the $5 extra. And they let you.....JSweeney you are not a director for Blockbuster and you don't know what leeway stores are given to change deals, etc. If blockbuster was concerned I don't see why they couldn't easily get these inforced with a few memo's reminding people absoloutely not to let anyone double dip.

Another example...I walk into the supermarket with a coupon for brand A of orange juice. They don't have any more. I ask if I can get brand B with the coupon instead. The coupon says $1.00 off brand A, very clearly. The manager says ok without asking corporate headquarters if that's ok. Have I comitted fraud?

JSweeney one more thing for you to consider. Have you ever thought that maybe you have your opinion, and other people have theirs...and yours is no more right or wrong than someone elses?

[quote name='Chuckiefresh'][quote name='JSweeney']If you follow all of the policies to the letter, and do everything the way Blockbuster wants you to, I have no moral problems with what you are doing. You're still a selfish jerk for doing it and then getting indignant about it when someone calls you on it, but that doesn't make you a crook.
[/quote]

I've noticed from a few of your recent posts in this thread that you're not opposed to name calling. If you lived every facet of your life without fault I could see where you were coming from in your posts. I know and I hope you know as well, however, that no man is without his faults.

It's easy for someone to play judge and jury but I would bear in mind that with the judgement you judge with, it will be judged also unto you and with the measure you use, it will be measured on to you as well.

I come to CAG for the deals, not for lessons in morality and I especially don't come to CAG to be judged.[/quote]

Technically, you don't seem to come to CAG much at all, nor provide much to it.

I hate to get involved in this once again but don't you think that a store and it's manager (and what a manager instructs his/her employees) has the ability to change/modify deals and that it is their responsiblity or option to follow rules to the strict letter or modify it?

The corporation they work for has put them in charge of that business and has placed on them trust. If they blatantly disregard the corporate statutes sent down, that is on them. It is neither here nor there when discussing the actions of individuals.

Quick examples....bring a copied coupon into a store and try to sneak it off and use it? Wrong/fraud (in my opinion).

On that much we agree.

Bring a copied coupon into the store and say "this is a copy of a coupon, can I use it?" If they allow you to, no problem.

It's still fraud, if the intent is there. Intent is the hard thing to prove.
If you didn't read the terms, and didn't know that you couldn't do that, you're ignorant, and thus without intent. If you know better, and still try to do it, you're still trying to pass a fraudulent coupon and have the same intent as someone who is trying to sneak the coupon past an employee.

If you ask can I double dip on the coupon and the $5 extra deal....or the preowned deal and the $5 extra. And they let you.....JSweeney you are not a director for Blockbuster and you don't know what leeway stores are given to change deals, etc.

Have you read the terms and conditions of both deals? I have.
They don't have the latitude to overirde corporate dicates.

If blockbuster was concerned I don't see why they couldn't easily get these inforced with a few memo's reminding people absoloutely not to let anyone double dip.

Yet again, that's neither here nor there when discussing the actions of individuals. Just because they allow you to get away with it doesn't mean you aren't commiting fraud.

Another example...I walk into the supermarket with a coupon for brand A of orange juice. They don't have any more. I ask if I can get brand B with the coupon instead. The coupon says $1.00 off brand A, very clearly. The manager says ok without asking corporate headquarters if that's ok. Have I comitted fraud?

Yes, one of the textbook examples of coupon fraud, actually...
unless corporate has allowed for an immediate subsitution.

JSweeney one more thing for you to consider. Have you ever thought that maybe you have your opinion, and other people have theirs...and yours is no more right or wrong than someone elses?

Everyone is allowed to thier opinion... but that doesn't mean that it will be allowed to remain undisputed. Only a fool expects to have his words stand undisputed. Every time that I post another post into an argument that is going on, I EXPECT someone on reply to it at attempt to refute something I have stated.
I'm positive that I'll never change everyone's opinion...
but if I can get even one person to even just consider what they are doing before they act, I'll be happy. Words are cheap... everyone knows that.

Of course, considering that it's only been you, and a of couple of other people that could hardly be considered contributing members, it would seem to me that most of the people complain are a vocal minority to which a couple of things I've said hit a little to close to home.
Thieves don't like being called thieves.

Now, back on topic.

I stopped in a couple Gamerushes this morning...
By looking at what have been the past game that have been ones that Gamerush seemed to buy heavily when they were new, you can see a correlation to what is offered in the "Best of 2004" promo.

Considering there are a couple of titles were in the "Top 10 games" display that Gamerush usually has that are now languishing on shelves, I wonder if we're going to see some cycling or growth of that promo as newer games come in and they need the shelfspace for the "event" games of the year?

they are giving an extra 50% credit on select controllers, memory cards and remotes.

the guy told me select ment xbox, ps2, gamecube official stuff only no third party crap.

Did they have the 1019 when you went?
If they give a decent amount on a memory card 251, I may end up going in and trading up.

[quote name='JSweeney']Technically, you don't seem to come to CAG much at all, nor provide much to it.[/quote]

Rather than refuting what I had to say in my last post you just decided to focus soley on the difference in our post count. I don't have many posts, that much is true. I have tried to do some constructive things though, like list the trade values I've receieved for games at Game Rush.

3000 plus posts eh? If the content of your posts on this thread are any indication then there isn't a direct correlation between quantity and quality. When your posts reflect an attitude of "Judging is my business and business is good", it's easy to see why you have so many posts.

I'd rather have a few posts that were helpful to the CAG community than thousands that create a judgemental, threatening atmosphere for other members of the forum.

[quote name='JSweeney']Did they have the 1019 when you went?
If they give a decent amount on a memory card 251, I may end up going in and trading up.[/quote]

I don't have a GC so i didn't look they prolly have it if your GR carriys new stuff. I have 1 local GR that has nothing new except games and one thats like a self contained video game store.

They dont list memory card values for any system on the flyer.

Rather than refuting what I had to say in my last post you just decided to focus soley on the difference in our post count. I don't have many posts, that much is true. I have tried to do some constructive things though, like list the trade values I've receieved for games at Game Rush.

Good for you. If that's true, great. It's still not all that much in the grand scheme of things, and doesn't give you the bully pulpit you'd need to mount an assault on me. If you were a mod, or someone known to be a long term, productive poster, than your words would carry more wieght.
Right now, you're just coming off as a whiny new user trying to make a name for himself. I've seen it many, many times before.
Of course, I'd love to be proven wrong and see you become a productive user that's accepted into the core userbase of the site.

3000 plus posts eh? If the content of your posts on this thread are any indication then there isn't a direct correlation between quantity and quality. When your posts reflect an attitude of "Judging is my business and business is good", it's easy to see why you have so many posts.

I'd rather have a few posts that were helpful to the CAG community than thousands that create a judgemental, threatening atmosphere for other members of the forum.

Yep, you're qualified to make that determination because you've read every single one of my 3000+ posts, right?
I'm granted the latitute I am because I've been a productive member of the board, and helped nurture and foster it's growth.
If you feel like hating me, go ahead... it won't be the first time.
Of course, I'm still here... and those who really hated me aren't.
Those who've been here long enough either begin to see things my way, or just ignore me... but none of them remain vocal opposition very long.

Just as a point of order, look who's trying to return the tread back to order and who's trying to drag this argument on and on.

[quote name='$hady'][quote name='JSweeney']Did they have the 1019 when you went?
If they give a decent amount on a memory card 251, I may end up going in and trading up.[/quote]

I don't have a GC so i didn't look they prolly have it if your GR carriys new stuff. I have 1 local GR that has nothing new except games and one thats like a self contained video game store.

They dont list memory card values for any system on the flyer.[/quote]

I guess I'll have to go in and check for myself.
Thanks for at least looking though, $hady.

Man, this thread is ruined 'cause of all the bickering. Give it up already. We're here to get lots and lots of videogames for really cheap. Not bitch about stupid stuff.

[quote name='Gojtron']I thought you agreed to disagree?[/quote]

I'm sorry about that, Gojtron.. it's the third and fourth man in on these things that's dragging it out. As soon as one person and I come to terms, another 2 or 3 people jump in.. and by answering the allegations and attacks in their posts, I end up stoking the fires that make this continue.
I'm sorry that this has drastically diminished the usefulness of this thread.
I just can't let people get in unanswered pot shots at me... and that just keeps the entire thing running.

I have to appologize to everyone else in the thread that isn't involved in continuing this.

Sorry all.

to get back on topic.

We all know about the trade in on PO game and get a new one for 29.99 at select gamerush stores, but has anyone seen any ad or any sign for this promo. It seems like gamerush is really hiding this promo, and I'm thinking why even have a promo if you're nto gonna promote it. Since when is a promotion a secret.

[quote name='billyknoxville']to get back on topic.

We all know about the trade in on PO game and get a new one for 29.99 at select gamerush stores, but has anyone seen any ad or any sign for this promo. It seems like gamerush is really hiding this promo, and I'm thinking why even have a promo if you're nto gonna promote it. Since when is a promotion a secret.[/quote]

I've been to a copy of Gamerushs that had no clue about this promotion. They said that they did not even get the bar code for it. I just had them call another Gamerush for the promotional code. The CSR were really friendly and didn't have a problem calling around and manually entering the code.

mine didn't have that promo posted

I had two coupons, 3 trades for 10 bucks and 4 trades for 5 bucks

but they wouldn't take jsrf / sega gta 2002 because it said not for resale :( so I couldn't use one of those coupons so I could only get one game

I am soo pissed! they had the best games

ncaa 2005, madden 2005, thug 2, mario party 5

I got thug 2, but I will go back next week and get madden 2005

[quote name='RandyTsai'][quote name='billyknoxville']to get back on topic.

We all know about the trade in on PO game and get a new one for 29.99 at select gamerush stores, but has anyone seen any ad or any sign for this promo. It seems like gamerush is really hiding this promo, and I'm thinking why even have a promo if you're nto gonna promote it. Since when is a promotion a secret.[/quote]

I've been to a copy of Gamerushs that had no clue about this promotion. They said that they did not even get the bar code for it. I just had them call another Gamerush for the promotional code. The CSR were really friendly and didn't have a problem calling around and manually entering the code.[/quote]

HAs anyone gotten this deal to work in the DALLAS area stores? I heard it was a promo for newer game rush like in the west and north. Any confirmation?

[quote name='pfunkpearl'][quote name='RandyTsai'][quote name='billyknoxville']to get back on topic.

I've been to a copy of Gamerushs that had no clue about this promotion. They said that they did not even get the bar code for it. I just had them call another Gamerush for the promotional code. The CSR were really friendly and didn't have a problem calling around and manually entering the code.[/quote]

HAs anyone gotten this deal to work in the DALLAS area stores? I heard it was a promo for newer game rush like in the west and north. Any confirmation?[/quote]

Only in new Gamerush states, AFAIK Texas is not included, they ran this special a few months ago when none of us knew :)

I was at GR today and the only deal they told me was going on was extra $5 per game ($3 for PS1) games... it's also the deal on a flyer dated 10/19.

Someone mentioned a Space Channel 5 trade-in value... forgive me for asking something that's probably been stated (I've actually searched and couldn't find the info I'm looking for) but what is the trade-in value of SC5 now? And is it for the PS2 version?

Thanks.

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='stoned99']Jeez, all this moral stuff is just BS. Can we get back to just identifying the deals, loopholes and ways to maximize all our cash. If you think something is wrong just don't DO IT.[/quote]So, we shouldn't do it because we believe that it's wrong, but we should help you? :? Doesn't make sense to me.[/quote]

You dope!! I suspect YOU wouldn't post any deals that you feel are dubious, so I don't see how you would be helping me, or anyone else.

However someone else who has different opinions can go ahead and post any deal they are comfortable with.

I of course will use my own moral judgement as to what is right or wrong. You are welcome to your own opinion, but perhaps you can show a little tolerance to other opinions that don't quite meet with your approval.

[quote name='stoned99'][quote name='sj41'][quote name='stoned99']Jeez, all this moral stuff is just BS. Can we get back to just identifying the deals, loopholes and ways to maximize all our cash. If you think something is wrong just don't DO IT.[/quote]So, we shouldn't do it because we believe that it's wrong, but we should help you? :? Doesn't make sense to me.[/quote]

You dope!! I suspect YOU wouldn't post any deals that you feel are dubious, so I don't see how you would be helping me, or anyone else.

However someone else who has different opinions can go ahead and post any deal they are comfortable with.

I of course will use my own moral judgement as to what is right or wrong. You are welcome to your own opinion, but perhaps you can show a little tolerance to other opinions that don't quite meet with your approval.[/quote]

That line of discussion has been dropped due to a mutual agreement by most of the involved parties. To continue that discussion, please start a new thread. This thread is for the discussion of the deals at Gamerush.
All questions regarding the validity and legality of the deals have been asked and answered. That argument has already been visited and no one wants to return to it.

That said, I wonder if the Eye-toy is classified as a game or accessory, and if they require the trade in of the game along with the peripheral (I wonder the same thing about Donkey Konga as well).

[quote name='"stoned99"']...so I don't see how you would be helping me, or anyone else.[\quote]Check the 1st post of this thread and tell me that I haven't been atleast trying to help others. :roll: I see that you've helped alot of people in this thread by... oh wait, you haven't helped anyone. My mistake. :roll:

Sorry to continue this, but I really want to see what stoned has to say.

That said, I wonder if the Eye-toy is classified as a game or accessory, and if they require the trade in of the game along with the peripheral (I wonder the same thing about Donkey Konga as well)

My belief is that you go off of Skus. If the product is sold with a game only, they ALL must be traded in at once. If you can get extras over and above teh game "pack" (like congas) you can also trade them in seperately (since it will have a seperate UPC to be classified under) Sure, companies dont have to do it this way, but its always been my experence that they do (used trades and the like)

[quote name='"sj41"'][quote name='stoned99']...so I don't see how you would be helping me, or anyone else.[\quote]Check the 1st post of this thread and tell me that I haven't been atleast trying to help others. :roll: I see that you've helped alot of people in this thread by... oh wait, you haven't helped anyone. My mistake. :roll:

Sorry to continue this, but I really want to see what stoned has to say.[/quote]

If you really must know, PM him or take it to another thread. That was the whole point of JSweeney's plea.

My cousin traded some games in like 12 of them...He said that he pre-ordered Halo 2 Special, Prince of Persia 2 and had 30 bucks left, so the clerk said that you have traded more than three games so you can get any NEW $50 game for $30 dollars so he got Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders.

[quote name='Chuckiefresh']

My thanks to all those who have posted deals and loopholes with the system. I've used those those loopholes a few times my self. I'll admit I've traded a couple Hobbits, Unreal II's, and a couple Space Channel 5's for store credit. [/quote]

Not to rain on the parade but I dont think you will have to worry about loopholes much anymore.

A few days ago I stopped in at the Gamerush where I know the manager pretty well (colleague of mine at school here). While talking about many things inflated trade-in values came up and he mentioned that had sent a letter regarding CAG threads/info related to loopholes/exploitation Blockbuster/GR Corporate Headquarters. He went on to say that they responded saying something to the means "we now have people monitoring trade-in prices to catch loopholes and shut them as soon as possible after they occur".

:?

[quote name='supadupacheap']
That said, I wonder if the Eye-toy is classified as a game or accessory, and if they require the trade in of the game along with the peripheral (I wonder the same thing about Donkey Konga as well)

My belief is that you go off of Skus. If the product is sold with a game only, they ALL must be traded in at once. If you can get extras over and above teh game "pack" (like congas) you can also trade them in seperately (since it will have a seperate UPC to be classified under) Sure, companies dont have to do it this way, but its always been my experence that they do (used trades and the like)[/quote]

That's in-line with my thinking.
The thing is, I'm not sure if a sku actually exists for just the Donkey Konga game. If I were sure that I could trade it in to defry the cost of a new copy, I'd buy a new copy of Donkey Konga, trade in the game, and keep the Bongos.

[quote name='billyknoxville']to get back on topic.

yes, they hide it well with no poster or anything related posted in the stores...
anyways, don't know if any of you really care... but the CSR and manager that works in my GR (S. Pasadena/Arcadia/Monterey Park, CA) are saying today will be the last day for the promotion... this could be YMMV depending on the stores, but I got most of the 29.99 games I wanted anyways, thx for the heads up, guys...

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='supadupacheap']

My belief is that you go off of Skus. If the product is sold with a game only, they ALL must be traded in at once. If you can get extras over and above teh game "pack" (like congas) you can also trade them in seperately (since it will have a seperate UPC to be classified under) Sure, companies dont have to do it this way, but its always been my experence that they do (used trades and the like)[/quote]

That's in-line with my thinking.
The thing is, I'm not sure if a sku actually exists for just the Donkey Konga game. If I were sure that I could trade it in to defry the cost of a new copy, I'd buy a new copy of Donkey Konga, trade in the game, and keep the Bongos.[/quote]

Sorry then, I misunderstood you. As the game seems to ONLY come in a "with bongos" version, I think you would have to trade in ALL to get whatever their trade in value is. Reason being, whoever were to buy it would need to bongos to play it, right? (thats why its a package deal new I suppose) If there were a non-bongos version out there, yeah, I could see you trading in JUST the game and getting credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back