NEW Gamerush Deals thread - This place still rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess they might think those titles might not sell as well, but then business sense would say duh if people already paid for it get it for them you wouldnt have to worry if the game would sell since its already sold. But most of the mainstream titles they pretty much are guaranteed to get, which I think is still very good.

That was why people were saying that when you are preordering, you should go by the Gamerush preorder list to make sure they are going to get it. I know when I was doing the preorder trade in deal, a lot of stuff I wanted to get was not on the list and they were very strict about not letting me pick any title and making it $30 like in the offer. So I was forced to get about 3 or 4 games that I would have waited on but still overall it was a good deal.

[quote name='Joe Fongul']I am none too happy with GR at the moment, because I just had another prebook go awry. I prebooked Shin Megami Tensai: Nocturne but was told that they would not have any copies of the game what so ever. So I then went and transferred the prebook over to Taiko Drum Master which they had 4 on order. Well...I called today and was told that they would not be getting any copies in at all.

Out of the last 5 prebooks since Sep, I have only been able to pick up one (Paper Mario), the other four (Gradius V, Monster Hunter, SMT: Nocturne and Taiko). Not exactly the greatest deal ever now is it :([/quote]

Those are pretty non mainstream...i haven't gotten T3 redemption, Otogi 2, or Neo Contra...the rest I have

My local GR is accepting preorders on the Nintendo DS . I preordered one since i've been wanting a GBA:SP and never got around to getting one. $10 down (my store credit) and pay the rest with my store credit later.

Now to pick up those GBA games i've been wanting to play for cheap.

11-21 is getting close.

nOOOOOOOOooo

Need more money for lord of the rings and halo 2!

( Ive gotten x-men, san andreas, fable) for nothuing out of pocket! just tradein crappy dvds that i got bogo from best buy and old 1.99 footballs from eb!

[quote name='$hady']HEADS UP

11-1 is the experation date on the $8 per dvd trade in deal![/quote]

I was told today that 11-1 was also the end of the +$5 per game traded in. He said that one of the next months promotions was buy 2 get 1 free on preowned. Seems about the same as buy 1 get one 1/2 off to me but someone may like it. He didn't know about any other deals. As with alot of GR deals, this may be YMMV.

[quote name='robwhit1'][quote name='$hady']HEADS UP

I was told today that 11-1 was also the end of the +$5 per game traded in. He said that one of the next months promotions was buy 2 get 1 free on preowned. Seems about the same as buy 1 get one 1/2 off to me but someone may like it. He didn't know about any other deals. As with alot of GR deals, this may be YMMV.[/quote]

on top of the b2g1 free promo (preowned games), they'll also have a trade 3, get a preowned game for $10. the worker at the anaheim, CA gamerush let me look into their employee manual :p the employees at that location are awesome!

[quote name='doraemonkerpal'][quote name='robwhit1'][quote name='$hady']HEADS UP

I was told today that 11-1 was also the end of the +$5 per game traded in. He said that one of the next months promotions was buy 2 get 1 free on preowned. Seems about the same as buy 1 get one 1/2 off to me but someone may like it. He didn't know about any other deals. As with alot of GR deals, this may be YMMV.[/quote]

on top of the b2g1 free promo (preowned games), they'll also have a trade 3, get a preowned game for $10. the worker at the anaheim, CA gamerush let me look into their employee manual :p the employees at that location are awesome![/quote] :shock: We've got our deal back! If that's true, it will be awesome to get all of the used games that they have now. :D

[quote name='robwhit1'][quote name='$hady']HEADS UP

I asked only about the DVD trade deal since while i was preording a DS i noticed that the deadline was 11-1 on the red/yellow dvd/game trade sheet they all have laying around and the guy said the the $8 for any crap dvd is goin away.

[quote name='$hady'][quote name='robwhit1'][quote name='$hady']HEADS UP

I asked only about the DVD trade deal since while i was preording a DS i noticed that the deadline was 11-1 on the red/yellow dvd/game trade sheet they all have laying around and the guy said the the $8 for any crap dvd is goin away.[/quote]

Well I heard that one or both deals may end by the end of the weekend so I took my last 4 DVDs and 10 games to get credit. I just wanted to confirm what I had heard and the manager agreed that it would be over next week. I only asked about the +$5 since I did not have any more DVDs to trade in.
I am wanting several new games for Christmas and I wanted to have enough credit built up to get them. The 2 deals are the best for building up credit up for new games. I finally got enough ($380 after todays run). I was hoping they would add the tade in one get 10 or 20 off any new game. A similar coupon has been showing up in some magizines but I have only been able to find one. I need about 7.

i talked to a CSR and they told me a promotion that is coming up. I think it would take the place of the +5 trade in promo. The promo is that gamerush will beat any other stores trade in value by 10%, kind of like a price match thing that we've seen at CC's and BB's.

There is an option on the menus at Blockbuster to match a competitor's trade-in price.

I could be wrong, but I believe the $8 per DVD deal runs another two weeks. Same with the trade 3, get an extra $5 per game. I'll check the calendar at work tomorrow.

Each Gamerush store (at least in my area) is only alloted 5 DS preorders. One guy came in to our store today and preordered two. Since we only had two left I preordered one after I got off of work. The minimum amount you can put down is supposed to be $25.

And lastly, if you're going to preorder games from Gamerush, stick to the mainstream titles. We do not order many of the niche titles, even games like Karaoke Revolution. Unfortunately, if an item shows up in computer we're still able to accept preorders for it, even if we're not going to actually get any in stock.

I've yet to use that whole price matching thing...and I doubt that i'll have to.

We're also only getting 5 DS' at our store...however if any other store dosent sell all of theirs and we do we can take their left overs....I dont think ours are going to get sold out though.

[quote name='drfrielgood']There is an option on the menus at Blockbuster to match a competitor's trade-in price.

I could be wrong, but I believe the $8 per DVD deal runs another two weeks. Same with the trade 3, get an extra $5 per game. I'll check the calendar at work tomorrow.

Each Gamerush store (at least in my area) is only alloted 5 DS preorders. One guy came in to our store today and preordered two. Since we only had two left I preordered one after I got off of work. The minimum amount you can put down is supposed to be $25.

And lastly, if you're going to preorder games from Gamerush, stick to the mainstream titles. We do not order many of the niche titles, even games like Karaoke Revolution. Unfortunately, if an item shows up in computer we're still able to accept preorders for it, even if we're not going to actually get any in stock.[/quote]

I preordered 1 and only had to give $10 down, i'm going back in tomorrow and cancel my wwe: raw vs smackdown preorder and just use that $53 towards the DS and go ahead and pay off the DS with more credit. I'm gonna rent it and see how good it is, with GTA:SA last week and Halo 2 next week i'm not gonna play wwe that much..... I'll have to ask how many other preorders they have taken for it but the guy guaranteed i would get it on release and he's the head GR guy at the location.

in regards to the question about Dead or Alive: Ultimate, check with an official gamerush employee.

i was at gamerush last wednesday, and i asked one of the employees if he could check on a game (Dead or alive). so he looked it up, said they didn't have it in, i asked if they would even get it in, he said no. i figure no big deal.

i go back on friday to rent something else, and just on a whim i happen to ask another dude (he actually specializes in the gamerush section) whether they would ever get DOA:U in, he said they got it in on wednesday and if i wanted it i could purchase it. so i did

the odd thing was they had no display cases, no advertisements, no rental versions, nothing letting anyone know that they had gotten the game in and were selling it.

also, one thing you can do is go to www.blockbuster.com. then go to the games section, type in dead or alive, find DOA: U and do a store look up. it will tell you whether the game is CARRIED at any particular store. it doesn't necessarily mean the game is in-stock at the store, but at least if it says "This title IS CARRIED at this location" you know you have a chance.

Am I still able to trade ps1 games for an extra $3 each? I have a stack of them I can't get off of my hands.

ps: how much can I get for a white GBA?

Regular GBA or SP?

If it's regular then you'll get $15...for an SP you'll get $25

And yes, that extra $3 is still going on.

i rented doau thru my gamepass and i also picked up my pre-order for it (it just took some blockbusters a couple extra days to get it i suspect)

[quote name='pfunkpearl'][quote name='Joe Fongul']I am none too happy with GR at the moment, because I just had another prebook go awry. I prebooked Shin Megami Tensai: Nocturne but was told that they would not have any copies of the game what so ever. So I then went and transferred the prebook over to Taiko Drum Master which they had 4 on order. Well...I called today and was told that they would not be getting any copies in at all.

Out of the last 5 prebooks since Sep, I have only been able to pick up one (Paper Mario), the other four (Gradius V, Monster Hunter, SMT: Nocturne and Taiko). Not exactly the greatest deal ever now is it :([/quote]

Those are pretty non mainstream...i haven't gotten T3 redemption, Otogi 2, or Neo Contra...the rest I have[/quote]

They did get in Gradius V and Monster Hunter...it was just that they didn't hold the games on the side for me and wound up selling them :x I'm still glad I did the deal but I would not deal with GR if this was with my cold hard cash. Nuff Said

[quote name='frenchmovietheme']in regards to the question about Dead or Alive: Ultimate, check with an official gamerush employee.

i was at gamerush last wednesday, and i asked one of the employees if he could check on a game (Dead or alive). so he looked it up, said they didn't have it in, i asked if they would even get it in, he said no. i figure no big deal.

i go back on friday to rent something else, and just on a whim i happen to ask another dude (he actually specializes in the gamerush section) whether they would ever get DOA:U in, he said they got it in on wednesday and if i wanted it i could purchase it. so i did

the odd thing was they had no display cases, no advertisements, no rental versions, nothing letting anyone know that they had gotten the game in and were selling it.

also, one thing you can do is go to www.blockbuster.com. then go to the games section, type in dead or alive, find DOA: U and do a store look up. it will tell you whether the game is CARRIED at any particular store. it doesn't necessarily mean the game is in-stock at the store, but at least if it says "This title IS CARRIED at this location" you know you have a chance.[/quote]

thanks for the info. i finally got my doa:u from GR yesterday. what sucked is that i never got a call, i just decided to go to GR and asked if they had it and luckily they did. also is that thing on www.blockbuster.com when you check who has it and who doesn't accurate?

[quote name='TigerD']Does anyone know if any North Texas GR has the XBOX bundle yet. I've got credit to burn.[/quote]

The Blockbuster on university and elm in Denton had 2 of the bundles as
of yesterday mourning...

Just got back from GR, and before anybody has a problem, realize that I asked at each step if I could do each deal and the 2 GR employees discussed it at each step and reviewed the terms of the deals.

Traded (prices are all after extra $5, and yes they did the thing of you only get the extra $5 for the three games, any additional would not get the extra $5 so I kept another game I was going to trade)

GTA double pack (GTA 3 and Vice City) for X-box got $25
X-men Legends X-box $35
Star Wars Battlefront X-Box $40

plus $6 tax, so I got $106 in credit

They also had a deal posted in store, get any new game for $29.99 with a trade. I asked since I traded 3 games, could I get 3 games for $29.99 and he said yes (and yes this was a GR person, not just a BlockBuster person). However, he said I could not use the Mortal Kombat CE as one of them, but they did have a newly traded in pre-owned Mortal Kombat CE that had everything with it, for $54.99. To which I replied can I use this trade 3 get any PreOwned for $10 coupon in addition to all the other deals on the Mortal Kombat CE, to which he said sure.

So I picked up

Paper Mario $29.99 after discount
DOA Ultimate $29.99 after discount
BloodRayne 2 (X-Box) $29.99 after discount
Pre-owned Mortal Kombat Deception CE for $10 after coupon,

total $99.97 +6 tax = $105.97

so I actually left with a little bit of credit added to my account and 4 killer games.

Unfortunately I wanted Bard's Tale, but they only had it for rental and had not received the for sale copies. I asked if I could purchase 1 of the rental copies and found out that the GR employee did actually know how to say no after telling me yes on all the other things...

[quote name='sniper308']Just got back from GR, and before anybody has a problem, realize that I asked at each step if I could do each deal and the 2 GR employees discussed it at each step and reviewed the terms of the deals.

Traded (prices are all after extra $5, and yes they did the thing of you only get the extra $5 for the three games, any additional would not get the extra $5 so I kept another game I was going to trade)

GTA double pack (GTA 3 and Vice City) for X-box got $25
X-men Legends X-box $35
Star Wars Battlefront X-Box $40

plus $6 tax, so I got $106 in credit

They also had a deal posted in store, get any new game for $29.99 with a trade. I asked since I traded 3 games, could I get 3 games for $29.99 and he said yes (and yes this was a GR person, not just a BlockBuster person). However, he said I could not use the Mortal Kombat CE as one of them, but they did have a newly traded in pre-owned Mortal Kombat CE that had everything with it, for $54.99. To which I replied can I use this trade 3 get any PreOwned for $10 coupon in addition to all the other deals on the Mortal Kombat CE, to which he said sure.

So I picked up

Paper Mario $29.99 after discount
DOA Ultimate $29.99 after discount
BloodRayne 2 (X-Box) $29.99 after discount
Pre-owned Mortal Kombat Deception CE for $10 after coupon,

total $99.97 +6 tax = $105.97

so I actually left with a little bit of credit added to my account and 4 killer games.

Unfortunately I wanted Bard's Tale, but they only had it for rental and had not received the for sale copies. I asked if I could purchase 1 of the rental copies and found out that the GR employee did actually know how to say no after telling me yes on all the other things...[/quote]

I used the trade and get any game coupon to get Mortal Kombat CE for 39.99 today. Interestingly enough they rejected my KOTOR as a trade because they had too many.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']damn snipe,! you made off like a bandit! good job :p

btw, which one did you go to? share the wealth lol![/quote]

The GR in Avon, Indiana (west Indianapolis)... yeah man, those jedi mind tricks work so well on those GR employees :D

I traded in 4 games today and 2 dvd's today. I picked up 2 of the "best of 2004" games for 50% off with two trade in's. Best part is, I think I got the $5 extra combined with the 50% off deal because some of the trade-in prices seem kind of high.

Here is what I traded. I think these have the 5$ extra added

Lord of the Rings ROTK (GCN, player's choice) $13
Pikmin (player's choice) $12
Kill Switch (PS2) $17
Max Payne 2 (PS2) $8

Picked up Psi-Ops and Chronicles of Riddick for 50% off. They were both marked $29.99 but I think Psi-Ops rang up as $19.99, because after the 50% off I got both games for ~$27 including tax.

Psi-ops is $19.99 at my GameRush, so I guess it got a price drop.

I'm going to go by GameRush on Tuesday to see if they have anything. Are any new deals supposed to start this week?

I went back in today to trade off the last of my dvds i dont want for $8 each credit, the movie deal ends tomorrow the guy said they dont promise a minimum now.

I used that credit towards my preordered DS and asked about the number of systems each store would get. GR guy said his store is guaranteed to get as manyu as they have preordered by their customers, up to a certain number. But their supplier is making them show proof of preorders so they dont have a bunch of extra systems and the rest of the country is hunting for them. BS? I don't know but he said they had only preordered 5 systems and i'm #5 since i did it yesterday. SOOOOOOOO i wait.............. :roll:

sword of mana is $20 new or $15 used at my gamerush

I picked up the used copy, it looks like it was never played. They mislabeled unreal 2 at $15 instead of $22 and it looked like it was never played either.

So i got sword of mana mint for $15 and unreal 2 mint for $7.50(buy one get one 50% off)

this seems like a decent deal to me, esp considering all the GR credit i have right now.

I need to thank all the cheapasses who just buy games to trade into GR in my area, bc I have been reaping some of their trade ins.

[quote name='drfrielgood']There is an option on the menus at Blockbuster to match a competitor's trade-in price.

And lastly, if you're going to preorder games from Gamerush, stick to the mainstream titles. We do not order many of the niche titles, even games like Karaoke Revolution. Unfortunately, if an item shows up in computer we're still able to accept preorders for it, even if we're not going to actually get any in stock.[/quote]
Hey Dr. Do you know when Gamerush is going to take pre-orders on the PSP? I've got $300 in credit burning a whole in my pocket...

Alright, a couple updates on the deals:

Trade 3 games, get an extra $5 per game ends on 11/8.
Buy 1 used game, get 1 used game 50% off also ends on 11/8.

On 11/9 the following promotions begin and will run until 1/10:

Buy 2 used games, get any used game for free. This temporarily takes the place of the buy 1, get 1 half off deal.

Trade any 3 PS1, PS2, GCN, XBox, or GBA games, get any used game for $10. I cannot believe this deal will include PS1 games. This will definately be awesome!

the person at my gamerush said that some states will get the trade in a game get any game for 30. he said it works for NC, kansas, and other states but didnt say which ones. he also said the deal ends on the 22.

[quote name='rafissaying']does anyone know if that trade 3 get and used game for $10 is going to be good at all GR's or just certain locations?[/quote]

i dunno about the rest of America, but the guy at my socal location said it'll be in effect if that's what you were wondering :)

[quote name='doraemonkerpal'][quote name='rafissaying']does anyone know if that trade 3 get and used game for $10 is going to be good at all GR's or just certain locations?[/quote]

i dunno about the rest of America, but the guy at my socal location said it'll be in effect if that's what you were wondering :)[/quote]

Which GR did you go to?

damn that trade in 3 get any used game for 10 dollars is going to be sweet. I think I am going to load up on some old ps1 sports game from EB for like 1 dollar each.

The trade 3, get a used for $10 is good at all Gamerush locations.

The trade 1 get any new game for $29.99 ends for some locations and then will start up at three or four different markets. None in Michigan, sadly.

Went yesterday to trade in Wario World ($13), DMC2 ($13) and Voodoo Vince ($12), and use the trade 3 get a PO for $10 to get Fable. Unfortunately they didn't have any copies of Fable that they could find, which royally ticked me off. the computer said they had 2 in stock.

So, I just got Onimusha 3 for $10 and Viewtiful Joe (GC) for 1/2 off which came to $7.50.

I still have $19.50 from this run and $40 from an old run, but i'm pissed they didn't have Fable or any newer pre-owns. oh well.

Oh, real quick.......on the trade 1 get any new for $30......won't work at my local GR. They lady said they didn't have that deal running. I wanted to get Shadow Hearts: Covenant.

I go to the Shelby, MI store. Generally okay on the quality and quantity of games, but definitely not great...FYI.

[quote name='drfrielgood']Alright, a couple updates on the deals:

Buy 2 used games, get any used game for free. This temporarily takes the place of the buy 1, get 1 half off deal.

Trade any 3 PS1, PS2, GCN, XBox, or GBA games, get any used game for $10. I cannot believe this deal will include PS1 games. This will definately be awesome![/quote]

:shock:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

holy shit! my gamerushes are about to get bitchslapped on november 8th! this is fucking awesome.

i just hope there are some decent games left by the time i get there to pick up halo 2! I know there is a ton of other cheapassgamers in my area, so it is going to be a clusterfuck!

I hope no one gets banned on nov 8 for abusing the trade in 3 get a game for ten dollars...(including me heh)

I just had a contradicting thought in comparison to what I said in an ealier post.
These deals are going to put BB out of business or at least in chapter 11

I could care less about the deal honestly...there are RARELY any NEW or worthy USED games at my GameRush. There are a few decent ones....but nothing that I should ge tHARD over like most of you.

[quote name='doubledown']I could care less about the deal honestly...there are RARELY any NEW or worthy USED games at my GameRush. There are a few decent ones....but nothing that I should ge tHARD over like most of you.[/quote]

so trade in some new releases like fable or some other pricey game for $40 then buy it back next week for $10 after trading in 3 shitty psone sports titles. Of course, this is a good way for them to flag your account and ban you from the store *lol* but hell, at this point, i mean, i have gotten so many great deals from them, getting banned wouldnt be the end of the world.

Some folks are not fanboys and will trade in high dollar games for $40 credit. (check this thread out if you dont believe me)

[quote name='drfrielgood']Alright, a couple updates on the deals:

[/quote]

Was this at limited locations or a nationwide deal? Don't recall seeing or hearing about it near me...

[quote name='doubledown']Well, I got a new coupon in the new issue of GAMEPRO. It was get ANY NEW game for $39.99 with any trade....decent if you want to save $10 and you have some credit....sorry if this was posted already.[/quote]

I just got the december issue but cant seem to find the coupon...do you know what page it is on?

[quote name='dracula'][quote name='drfrielgood']Alright, a couple updates on the deals:

Trade any 3 PS1, PS2, GCN, XBox, or GBA games, get any used game for $10. I cannot believe this deal will include PS1 games. This will definately be awesome![/quote]

:shock:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

holy shit! my gamerushes are about to get bitchslapped on november 8th! this is shaq-fuing awesome.

i just hope there are some decent games left by the time i get there to pick up halo 2! I know there is a ton of other cheapassgamers in my area, so it is going to be a clusterfuck!

I hope no one gets banned on nov 8 for abusing the trade in 3 get a game for ten dollars...(including me heh)[/quote]

I only wish I could abuse a deal... I have been limited to using any promotion to 2 times a month tops, this included the +5 deal. My other gamerush limited me to 2 of any single game ever, which killed my sports trade in loophole, and they have also begun rejecting games if they have too many of a single title in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back