New Gamestop Trade In Promotion (Up to 40% extra Trade-In Credit)

jt2k3

CAGiversary!
Starting tomorrow, 9/7/05 ----> for at least a week, see local GS B&M for ending date.

Trade in any 2 videogames, DVDs, accessories or UMDs, and get an extra 20% trade in credit.

Trade in any 3 videogames, DVDs, accessories, or UMDs, and get an extra 30% trade in credit.

Trade in any 4 or more videogames, accessories, DVDs, or UMDs, and get an extra 40% trade in credit. for all trade ins.

NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS

NIIIICE deal for those of you trading in towards new games or 360 :D

Yet another Cheap Ass Deal from your back from the dead friend, jt2k3 :)

Last time GS did something like this they lowered trade-in values on a lot of games before the promotion started. Don't be surprised if it happens again.

[quote name='onikage']Last time GS did something like this they lowered trade-in values on a lot of games before the promotion started. Don't be surprised if it happens again.[/QUOTE]

lies. lol dont say things like that unless you are actually monitoring trade-in values. I am in a GS almost every day, and I can honestly say that trade in values did not lower today, nor will they lower tonight. Trade in values RISE and DECREASE daily, thats a fact. However, we do not lower values for promotions, and we did not do it last time. Thank you sir, for bringing negativity into a positive thread.

NO RESTRICTIONS, which is why I underlined and bolded ANY lol

this is a weaksauce deal comparing to what they usually offer depending on how high ur trade in value is

trade in orignal value: 20x20% = 8 more = 28 total

trade in 3 get 10 more, trade in original value: 20+10 = 30 total

now if you had a higher trade in value.....

Do they add the 40% to the final trade-in add up, like say you got $40 for trade-ins, would you get 40% more on that, or each individual game? Thanks for the info.

Is this deal as good as the EB trade in deal? I plan to trade in 7 games to EB because of their deal. Which one will you go for?

PS2 - Rise of Kasai
PS2 - Project Snowblind
PS2 - Gungrave
PS2 - Psi-Ops
PS2 - Silent Hill 3
PS2 - Kill.Switch
PS2 - Dynasty Warriors 3

If none of those games are POX, that's $35+the original trade-in price. So I would say go for EB. Plus you can order things online using the Gift Card you get from them.

[quote name='jt2k3']
NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS [/QUOTE]
So wait...are you saying...there are no restrictions?

Anyway though, good news to me, I have a bunch of old games I've been wanting to unload. Can this be combined with the 10% extra trade-in credit deal from having a Gamestop card for a total of 50% more?

Agreed. Unless the game is POX or the original trade in value is more than $12.50, the EB games get an extra $5 for trading in 5 or more games is a better deal.

[quote name='mick16']Agreed. Unless the game is POX or the original trade in value is more than $12.50, the EB games get an extra $5 for trading in 5 or more games is a better deal.[/QUOTE]

lol, so basically...go find a bunch of cheap games...if they qualify and are are valued less than 12.50 trade in at EB, if they are pox or are worth more than 12.50, then go to GS...haha

Do you know why this deal is better because you can also trade in Accessories, DVDs, or UMDs and there is No Restrictions. With EB the only thing you can trade in is PS2, Xbox, and GC games.

Does anyone know how much DVDs normally trade for because I have a bunch of crap movies I want to trade in?

[quote name='jt2k3']lies. lol dont say things like that unless you are actually monitoring trade-in values. I am in a GS almost every day, and I can honestly say that trade in values did not lower today, nor will they lower tonight. Trade in values RISE and DECREASE daily, thats a fact. However, we do not lower values for promotions, and we did not do it last time. Thank you sir, for bringing negativity into a positive thread.

NO RESTRICTIONS, which is why I underlined and bolded ANY lol [/QUOTE]

I'm not saying for certain that GS will lower trade-in values this time, but it has happened before. I searched but couldn't find the thread for the last deal that was similar to this. Several CAGs discovered that GS did lower trade-in values just before a promotion. This was at least a few months ago.

When GS had the extra 50% trade in credit, I thought they lowered the buy back prices of PSP games, seeing as I would of gotten a $1 less counting the discount than I would have at Ebgames without even a promotion going on over there...

[quote name='aoLat']If none of those games are POX, that's $35+the original trade-in price. So I would say go for EB. Plus you can order things online using the Gift Card you get from them.[/QUOTE]

Hey so when I trade in my games (let say they give me 60 dollars store credit), I have to request them to transfer that 60 dollars store credit to a Gift Card?

I mean, the Ebgame store is in this mall and I'm not familiar with this mall. So it's rare for me to go to this mall when I need to use their store credit. Hopefully with the GIft card, I don't have to come to that EB located in the mall (I hate that place for a reason).

ok so get this. Say i trade in alot of old dvds and get 40% off. Then if i put it on my xbox 360 its another 20% off, then if i use my card its another 10% tacked on? So wouldnt that make this deal be around 70% extra on my stuff towards my xbox 360?

well just looked at the bunch of games i was goin to trade in at ebgames but seen that half of them were pox so i guess i'm goin to gamestop to preorder my xbox 360

[quote name='aoLat']Do they add the 40% to the final trade-in add up, like say you got $40 for trade-ins, would you get 40% more on that, or each individual game? Thanks for the info.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I wonder how many times you had to repeat math class...

If you do the Tradestop buy back price x 1.4 method to determine Gamestop trade-in values, it seems like games pretty much top at $22 credit now. The only exception that I've found is The Incredible Hulk (PS2 version, $24). $22 x 1.4 = $30.80

Would this include consoles? 40% extra on that is quite a bit if someone wanted to get some credit for the 360 or PS3.

[quote name='aoLat']If none of those games are POX, that's $35+the original trade-in price. So I would say go for EB. Plus you can order things online using the Gift Card you get from them.[/QUOTE]

Hey so when I trade in my games (let say they give me 60 dollars store credit), I have to request them to transfer that 60 dollars store credit to a Gift Card?

I mean, the Ebgame store is in this mall and I'm not familiar with this mall. So it's rare for me to go to this mall when I need to use their store credit. Hopefully with the GIft card, I don't have to come to that EB located in the mall (I hate that place for a reason).

[quote name='InuFaye']ok so get this. Say i trade in alot of old dvds and get 40% off. Then if i put it on my xbox 360 its another 20% off, then if i use my card its another 10% tacked on? So wouldnt that make this deal be around 70% extra on my stuff towards my xbox 360?[/QUOTE]

Nice idea in theory but when have ever known Gamestop to combine trade-in deals? I have never seen or heard of this happening.

you can't combine the GS card with this promotion.
no % boost on consoles traded in.

tradestop prices are normally lower than what they give you in-store.

If I remember correctly you get paid via paypal or check thru tradestop. essentially... cash. anyone who's traded in-store knows you lose 20% value if you go for cash. not saying the tradestop price is exactly 20% less than instore price, but you definitely get more in-store

[quote name='Dragonsbane']I doubt eb games will match this will they?[/QUOTE]

That's a stupid question.

Marking this thread so I can read later about how GS lowered trade in prices and people are pissed because of this. (It happened before).

just went to my GS to trade in 7 games...I asked her if they had the deal wehre you can trade in 4 or more games and get a 40% extra and she stood there and then replied with "Where did you hear that from?" I told her that I called another GS (which i did) and they said that is started today. She typed on the computer and waited for something to load and denied me and told me that that deal doesn't start until tomorow(9/8/05)

Well, she isn't a bright one cause I work there, but haven't been able to check the marketing myself but I know for sure that it would start today if anything.

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']what does pox mean? I have several games to trade in, I just don't know where to bring them.[/QUOTE]
POX is an EBGames code that has the game excluded from any special promotional trade-ins. Such as the "trade in 5, get game XXXXXX for free" and things like that.

Not applicable to Gamestop tradeins.

Though, I think I have a few games that might be worth next to nothing to trade in and that way, they'll be worth almost next to nothing.

[quote name='aoLat']Do they add the 40% to the final trade-in add up, like say you got $40 for trade-ins, would you get 40% more on that, or each individual game? Thanks for the info.[/QUOTE]
:roll:
I want you to think about what you just said. Now, take two numbers, any two and add them together, then multiply them by 2. Write down the answer.

Next, take one of the two numbers you used above and multiply that by 2, then take the other and do the same. Add these two numbers together. Write down the answer.

If you didn't get the same number, there is nothing I can do to help you :wall: as you are a :dunce:

The deal started today everywhere. NO Gamestop should have denied you unless you're like in Puerto Rico or Alaska or Hawaii where there might be some sort of different deal going on, (don't know if there's any difference between those stores that are outside of the states, so I say that).

So, for those people you spoke with, they don't know what they're talking about. Tell them to call their District Managers or other stores to find out. Trust me, once you mention the dreaded "DM" word, they WILL go find out. That means these people aren't keeping up with their marketting, or rather, their job.

No restrictions whatsoever. There are signs all over the store with fine print. If the register guy says otherwise, DON'T BE MAD, simply go read a sign and read the fine print, (if any). If there is no fine print there are NO exceptions. Again, don't be mad, because corporate often likes to spring promotions on us without letting us know of restrictions. For example, the trade 3 get 10 SOMETIMES I've noticed, has the sports & wrestling restrictions. There were two times it did not. Also I believe last time the trade 4+ get 40%, no DVDs were allowed.

Restrictions though will probably be accessories. It does NOT work toward systems. Again, NOT for systems.

Now, to answer the whole "OMG DROP IN TRADE IN PRICES" thing, NO, GameStop will not randomly drop values for their promos. Values change DAILY. It's a form of supply and demand. If supply is up suddenly from a great promo (such as this, or recently the trade NCAA 06 and get Madden for 20 deal), and demand is diminishing, then we will give less in value for certain low demand game. It's as easy as that, and corporate looks at that every day. If your game is worth $22 today, we cannot guarantee it WON'T be $20, or $19, or $18 tomorrow.

Now, about the MORE CARD, no, it will not tack on your full extra 40%. However, if you brought in extra stuff like accessories that doesn't work on the promo, you may be able to get the extra 10% on those items, though YMMV on that, as that's something that's picky per manager. USUALLY policy is one promo at a time, and the More Card in essense shouldn't be used even if other items don't apply to said promo at time, and most of the time stores follow that practice to the point, so don't be surprised if it doesn't work.

That should be about it, there. I'm off today so I'm not sure of the ins and outs. When I go in tomorrow, if you all haven't figured it out here, I'll post any smaller tidbits that might help. :p

Thanks for posting this OP, i will be using it to get some credit for unwanted DVD's even though i dont have that many. Even though gamestop sucks i am sure i can find something i want to buy there!

recently i got the following values for these dvds without the extra 10 percent

Napoleon dynamite $6.00
Shark tale 3.50 (maybe $3)
Bernie mac show $9.00
Hitch $6.00
Mr. 3000 $6.00

ones i didnt trade in were
Garden state $2.50
Aviator $2.00
village $2.00
along came polly $1.50

that is all at the moment

DVD's usually trade in for about anywhere to $1.00 to $7.00, depending on how new it is. More for box sets, of course. However, for whatever reason, Gamestop actually gets a lot of DVD's coming in, and that's why the trade in prices suck on DVDs. That's why we have that 2 for 10 on $5.99 movies. We've had that deal for... ... over 4 months now I think. No signs of it ending soon, either, and we're still freakin' overstocked. It's a nationwide thing as far as I'm concerned.

You may get $.75 on a movie if it's not found in our systems, which will usually go under a generic DVD sku based on the movie's rating. But again, those are automatically $.75. Unless my customers just don't care, I usually talk them out of that, because it just really isn't worth it for some stuff I see coming in as generic.

Anyway, stopped in the store today, and it seems that accessories count, too. With every 4 items you get 40% extra on those 4 items only. That's how it works.

Have fun tradin'.

[quote name='Jinsoku']The deal started today everywhere. NO Gamestop should have denied you unless you're like in Puerto Rico or Alaska or Hawaii where there might be some sort of different deal going on, (don't know if there's any difference between those stores that are outside of the states, so I say that).

So, for those people you spoke with, they don't know what they're talking about. Tell them to call their District Managers or other stores to find out. Trust me, once you mention the dreaded "DM" word, they WILL go find out. That means these people aren't keeping up with their marketting, or rather, their job.

No restrictions whatsoever. There are signs all over the store with fine print. If the register guy says otherwise, DON'T BE MAD, simply go read a sign and read the fine print, (if any). If there is no fine print there are NO exceptions. Again, don't be mad, because corporate often likes to spring promotions on us without letting us know of restrictions. For example, the trade 3 get 10 SOMETIMES I've noticed, has the sports & wrestling restrictions. There were two times it did not. Also I believe last time the trade 4+ get 40%, no DVDs were allowed.

Restrictions though will probably be accessories. It does NOT work toward systems. Again, NOT for systems.

Now, to answer the whole "OMG DROP IN TRADE IN PRICES" thing, NO, GameStop will not randomly drop values for their promos. Values change DAILY. It's a form of supply and demand. If supply is up suddenly from a great promo (such as this, or recently the trade NCAA 06 and get Madden for 20 deal), and demand is diminishing, then we will give less in value for certain low demand game. It's as easy as that, and corporate looks at that every day. If your game is worth $22 today, we cannot guarantee it WON'T be $20, or $19, or $18 tomorrow.

Now, about the MORE CARD, no, it will not tack on your full extra 40%. However, if you brought in extra stuff like accessories that doesn't work on the promo, you may be able to get the extra 10% on those items, though YMMV on that, as that's something that's picky per manager. USUALLY policy is one promo at a time, and the More Card in essense shouldn't be used even if other items don't apply to said promo at time, and most of the time stores follow that practice to the point, so don't be surprised if it doesn't work.

That should be about it, there. I'm off today so I'm not sure of the ins and outs. When I go in tomorrow, if you all haven't figured it out here, I'll post any smaller tidbits that might help. :p[/QUOTE]

Indeed, sick of the gamestop bashers, how they always accuse them of dropping trade in value prices. I know a good friend who happens to work on the pricing for trade ins at gamestop and he use to work for my store manager before actually moving to corporate at grapevine 20 mins away. He says they never do that and do it by supply and demand.

Most stores should allow more card with accessories + 40% with the games, no idea why they wouldnt when its two seperate items taking advantage of 2 different promotions.

Ill check for small print tommorow, it sounds odd how this has absolutley no POX since its usually only works on PSP Games, Xbox, PS2, GC games sometimes DVD Movies/PSP Movies/DS Games, but never GBA or GBC GB.

Not to bash, but both my Gamestops just got their 'media kits' and were not ready for the promotion. They did not have a chance to read the kits, and therefore the promotion was not in effect.

These were the Van Nuys and Hollywood, CA locations.

bread's done
Back