New Genesis RPG: Pier Solar (Kickstarter Campaign for Xbox360, PC, Mac, DC versions)

[quote name='Rodimus']So I guess me and Jack are the only CAGs getting this?[/QUOTE]

I've had it pre-ordered for a couple years - interesting to see it finally coming out

Awesome, I'm happy to see support for these kind of projects.

I got Legend of Wukong a while back (done by Super Fighter Team) and it was okay. However that was more of a localization job where this is a brand new game from the ground up.

Last edited by a moderator:
They plan on making it more available in the future. They just seem way too busy finishing the game to even think about that yet.

Looks like they're shipping soon or have already begun shipping:

[quote name='Pier Solar Facebook page']It seems Pier Solar won't have an "official" release date; instead it'll be left to one of you folk to shout up and spread the joyous news when you receive your copy in the post[/quote]

They also updated the site and on the order page all three versions say "BACK SOON".

[quote name='Rodimus']Awesome news. Guess I should break out the ol' CDX in preparation.[/QUOTE]
;D I love my CDX. I'm so afraid of mine breaking (though this really doesn't have much to do with the topic) I'm so stoked to hear this game is a reality now.

The CDX is such a cool little system, I'm always so amazed how tiny it is compared to all the other Sega CD setups. Unfortunately I've beaten about every game I ever wanted to for it. It's nice to finally have a reason to dust it off.

I like my big Model 1 Sega CD with a Model 1 Genesis on top of it. The Model 2 is longer than any shelf I have to put it on though.

[quote name='Rodimus']The CDX is such a cool little system, I'm always so amazed how tiny it is compared to all the other Sega CD setups. Unfortunately I've beaten about every game I ever wanted to for it. It's nice to finally have a reason to dust it off.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I really wish Sega would build a CDX with a 32X built in. That would be amazing and make me cry. I'd wish for another company to do it, but it'd be some crappy clone with emulation issues.

Ah, they are sending shipping notifications. Just got this:

Your order has been shipped. You should receive it within 20 days.
Please note that damaged parcels must be refused at delivery time, we will not refund or exchange any accepted parcels that has been damaged during shipping. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,
WaterMelon Team

Yep, mine shipped too. This was an unexpected holiday gift.

I think there were only 2 types, Classic and Deluxe (I think)

There's the Classic Edition and Posterity Edition. The game and packaging you will receive is the same for both editions. I think I read that they're going to put a sticker on the box of the Posterity Edition just so you can tell them apart. The main difference between the two is that people who ordered the Posterity Edition will get their names included in the manual and game.

Ooh yeah, that's right. I'm happy I didn't miss out on some cool boxset or something. I could care less about having my name included in the game (but it was a smart idea on their part to try to raise funding for the game)
I can't wait to see how the Sega CD works in tandem with the Genesis cart to provide the music tracks off of the CD. I can't recall any official release doing that, it's such a cool concept.

I think this is the first and only. I had no idea the Genesis/Sega CD combo was capable of this. Will the CD also act as a soundtrack?

Hooked up my lil' CDX today. Kind of a pain in the ass since I have an overly complex sound system.

They've truly done what Segadon't (wait that isn't as clever)

I am so unbelievably stoked. Back when it was, "Eh, it's released when we finished it" I gave two shits about the title. Now it's shipped out. SHIPPED OUT! CANNOT WAIT!

I would often go several months forgetting this game ever existed. But now I'll be checking the post everyday with anticipation.

I hate myself for not pre-ordering this (had trouble with Paypal). I really, really hope they do a second shipment, even at a higher cost because I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

They spoke of possibly porting to XBLA. I think that'd be great, because the game looks great and they deserve to make money. I'd double dip in a heart beat to support them.

oh yeah I CAN'T fuckING WAIT FOR MY GAME TO ARRIVE!!

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I hate myself for not pre-ordering this (had trouble with Paypal). I really, really hope they do a second shipment, even at a higher cost because I'd buy it in a heartbeat.[/QUOTE]

They said that there will be more available shortly after the release. They made a few extras in case some of the pre-orders have to be exchanged. The extra copies will be available for sale once the pre-orders are delivered.

[quote name='Rodimus']Would it be considered an Indie game if they do?

Day 2: Still not here.....[/QUOTE]
Its a strategy thats becoming more common in order to prove that your product is viable and to prove your legitimacy as a developer. Make a game for Flash or for a defunct console (Dreamcast, Genesis, etc), generate buzz, create a fanbase, and leverage all that in order to break into XBLA or wherever.

If this simply popped up in the XBLA indie section it would've been buried beneath the rest of the shovelware and it would never have attracted this level of attention. And now if it does get there, its not simply a low tech game, now its a Genesis game. Now its rare and sought after, and you have the chance to play it for a 'bargain' on XBLA.

I'll be snapping one up as soon as they become available again, but if this were just another Live Arcade release I probably would've never heard of it.

ugh im really mad i didnt hear about this before. ill prolly be stuck at work too when it opens up and becomes avail to order. if anyone ordered two or can order me one please let me know id of course pay you and some extra.

[quote name='dafoomie']Easter Eggs with the 32X? I don't know if I can still hook mine up, I don't have the adapter for the Genesis 1 anymore.[/QUOTE]
Oh, for real? That's interesting. Was that mentioned in the link a couple of posts back? I wasn't able to read it yet (page is blocked at work)

People in the states started to get their copies on Friday. :D

Hopefully we all get the game this week! Stoked! The packaging looks so nice. I'm glad they didn't skimp out.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']People in the states started to get their copies on Friday. :D

Hopefully we all get the game this week! Stoked! The packaging looks so nice. I'm glad they didn't skimp out.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear. I've been disappointed with my trips to the mail box. The new year couldn't get here any faster

[quote name='Rodimus']Good to hear. I've been disappointed with my trips to the mail box. The new year couldn't get here any faster[/QUOTE]
Mine was attempted to be delivered to my parent's house (the only reliable address for me to use since no one knew when this game was gonna come out) and my Dad missed it. Could have had it on the 27th. :( Now I gotta figure out someway to get to my parent's town at 4 PM during a weekday (because I want dem shits now)

^ That sucks. BTW how are they sending it? UPS USPS? I really hope I get it by Wednesday since I have that day off. When they said allow 20 days for delivery they really mean 20 days.

[quote name='Rodimus']^ That sucks. BTW how are they sending it? UPS USPS? I really hope I get it by Wednesday since I have that day off. When they said allow 20 days for delivery they really mean 20 days.[/QUOTE]
USPS, and it sounds like all orders delivered to the US are USPS.

My US classic Pier Solar arrived yesterday. Signature at the door and it was finally mine. Comes in a white padded bag covered with Chinese stickers (I kept the bag as part of the Pier solar collectable too)

Package looked a little beatup so I was worried about condition but the cardboard and plastic clamshell protected it perfectly.

BTW, I'm in the midwest and pre-ordered in April 2009

Now I wait for a copy of the reprint......

what comes with the first print that isnt in the reprint??

I really wanna get this game, but dont have the time n money at the moment... prolly wont until March

[quote name='JEKKI']what comes with the first print that isnt in the reprint??

I really wanna get this game, but dont have the time n money at the moment... prolly wont until March[/QUOTE]

The reprint doesn't come with the CD or poster. It also has a different box and the manual is in black in white (the original is color). You can burn your own CD though:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6IBZV2TM

Edit: This version of the CD was posted on the official Pier Solar site. They have no problem with people burning their own.

Last edited by a moderator:
Played it at a friends house. Game is a must have if you like classic RPG style games. Looking for an original print at the moment.

bread's done
Back