New Goozex Thread v2.5 -- Promo Details Given Here

Hey everyone...just checking in...saw a few questions answered nicely by experienced members -- many many thanks...

USPS delays have increased lately due to the tax season and unusual weather in New England. I'd expect things to get back to normal starting today.

Mr Unoriginal -- we can, as you stated, always reverse negative feedback.

[quote name='Goozex']

Mr Unoriginal -- we can, as you stated, always reverse negative feedback.[/quote]

I think he's just hatin on Canadians:bouncy:

I sure wish someone would take enchanted arms off my hands. I know it's requested, so it's likely lack of points. It was pretty decent, but definatly one of those games I'm not ever going to play through again. /endauctionblock

hrm, a queue system really really would be nice i must admit...i've been queued for god of war 2 for 2-3 weeksish and everyday it shows as available...but never seem to get matched up.

[quote name='magiic']probably already is :([/quote]

You should be a doctor, what with that stupendous bedside manner of yours. :cry:

I kid I kid. I welcome our new Canadian realist overlords.

I checked half.com and they have like a billion copies up, even if I could unload it at the 24 it seems to be worth at half.com after their BS 15%+taking half of your shipping credit it barely seems worth the trouble if I can get maybe $15 out of it at LameStop. I guess maybe I'll call over and see what the going rate is on it. I wish I was still near a Preplayed. Those guys were the best(I think they only have 3 or 4 stores) but they gave you a good price for your trades, and their stuff was in good condition. They employed some finishing equipment so that they could resurface disks if they had to. Pretty much disks coming out of there were like new.

/OFFTOPIC

Does anyone know if the $50 Xbox trade in has started at GameStop? I have one to unload, the last of my games is on the BC list now.

/ENDOFFTOPIC

finally got hooked up with advance wars DS had to be one of the harder ds games to find these days. Person has 0 feedback so hopefully they ship.

Is there anyway to stop getting matched up with someone? I'm next to get Crackdown and I've matched up with a seller (its going on the third time now) that times out. I'm assuming its the same seller I don't think that many people in the community would be that rude.

[quote name='homeland']Is there anyway to stop getting matched up with someone? I'm next to get Crackdown and I've matched up with a seller (its going on the third time now) that times out. I'm assuming its the same seller I don't think that many people in the community would be that rude.[/QUOTE]

The only way I know of is to catch it between matches and put it on hold. A game like crackdown will get matched to the next trader the next time the match script is run. Then take it off hold. I've been able to catch it most of the time. It's tough when it's in the middle of the night though.

[quote name='homeland']Is there anyway to stop getting matched up with someone? I'm next to get Crackdown and I've matched up with a seller (its going on the third time now) that times out. I'm assuming its the same seller I don't think that many people in the community would be that rude.[/QUOTE]
If this is the third time you've matched, I wouldn't do anything since it will remove that game from the seller's available games after the 3rd time out.

I hope to the mighty powers that be that all five or six of the games that should be here like a week ago arrive today.

[quote name='spoo']I was matched up with Magical Starsign on/ and still haven't received it yet (4/3/07). This is my first incoming game from Goozex and it is leaving a sour taste in my mouth.

It also doesn't help that I was matched up with it on the morning that it was the Amazon Deal of the Day, so I passed it up on a great deal since it was coming to me from a goozex user.

The real kicker is that the user has great feedback :???:

This is leaving a real sour taste in my mouth since this is me testing the waters with goozex, I sent the user a PM today to see what the deal is, I will update as soon as I know more.[/quote]

This will happen...and it's not a reflection on Goozex but on that particular user. There are plenty of bad users on Goozex, like on any other trade site, but the good news is that Magical Starsign is a common game on Goozex, so once you leave negative feedback for that user, you can jump back to the front of the line for that game and the next person that sends it to you shouldn't be a deadbeat. Now when it's a rare PSX RPG that only shows up on the site every 6 months, that sucks, but with a common DS game, you should have no trouble getting matched for it a second time.

[quote name='Rictor']This will happen...and it's not a reflection on Goozex but on that particular user. There are plenty of bad users on Goozex, like on any other trade site, but the good news is that Magical Starsign is a common game on Goozex, so once you leave negative feedback for that user, you can jump back to the front of the line for that game and the next person that sends it to you shouldn't be a deadbeat. Now when it's a rare PSX RPG that only shows up on the site every 6 months, that sucks, but with a common DS game, you should have no trouble getting matched for it a second time.[/QUOTE]
I understand where you are coming from, but on a user decided trade system I can read feedback and feel it out on a potently shady trader.

I got the game in the mail today. Is there anyway to leave a neutral feedback for a trader shipping almost a week late and almost 1 1/2 week after the trade was matched?

[quote name='Terminator360']if u request a game and ur match but dont have enough points do u get a notification or just goes to another member[/quote]

You won't be matched if you don't have enough points or credits. It skips you.

[quote name='spoo']

Anyway to leave a neutral feedback for shipping almost a week late and almost 1 1/2 week after the trade was matched?[/quote]

No. You got the game, so you should probably leave positive feedback.

I am so pissed off. Canada Post raised the cost to ship to the states by a buck it now costs 4 something instead if 3.17 :mad:

I would love to see Goozex extend the free transaction another week. It seems like things having taken off in the last few days and is good for the site. Maybe they could limit the free transactions to say games under 200 points or such and than they could still make some $$ on the hot items.

come on match me with one more game

I have one empty slot for my requests and free trading ends tonight :whistle2:( and I have 1,250 points so its not like I'm lacking in points and a lot of the games on my want list have available copies >_

I have about 60 games on my request list and 3650 in points, my problem lies in all my slots being tied up since like march :(

[quote name='toldawg128']You won't be matched if you don't have enough points or credits. It skips you.[/QUOTE]

Actually, you do. I always get an e-mail telling me 'You don't have enough points for ____!'.

And I know I'm late on this, but THANK YOU Goozex for setting up the option for PayPal!

just received Legend of Dragoon from goozex...popped it in to make sure it works before i leave feedback. guess what - it freezes on the "sony presents" screen.

is this a normal problem with psx games on ps2? or do the vast majority play just fine? i have a new silver slimline ps2 so i seriously doubt it's the laser. the cd does have scratches so it could easily be that but i don't want to leave negative feedback if it's my problem.

thanks for your input.

[quote name='iguanaDitty']just received Legend of Dragoon from goozex...popped it in to make sure it works before i leave feedback. guess what - it freezes on the "sony presents" screen.

is this a normal problem with psx games on ps2? or do the vast majority play just fine? i have a new silver slimline ps2 so i seriously doubt it's the laser. the cd does have scratches so it could easily be that but i don't want to leave negative feedback if it's my problem.

thanks for your input.[/quote]

It should not have that problem. I actually have Legend of Dragoon and it works on my Playstation 2 but then again I have the old bulky one.

Does goozex have a timeline on when we will see older games ie n64 and snes added to the fray. Maybe accessories too? Or even systems? I have an N64 I need to get rid of.

[quote name='iguanaDitty']just received Legend of Dragoon from goozex...popped it in to make sure it works before i leave feedback. guess what - it freezes on the "sony presents" screen.

thanks for your input.[/quote]
My legend of dragoon works fine on my PS2, but I don't have a slim ps2. It's probably the game, but I can't say for certain.

[quote name='Supreme']Actually, you do. I always get an e-mail telling me 'You don't have enough points for ____!'.[/quote]

Huh...That's not a match, it's an automated message you get when you're skipped.

I saw the list of PS1 games that don't work on a PS2 slim and the only RPG listed was Lunar 2

[quote name='magiic']I have about 60 games on my request list and 3650 in points, my problem lies in all my slots being tied up since like march :([/QUOTE]

that sucks man I thought I was going to have that problem when it began but I lucked out and ended up getting 8 free trades :) mostly thanks to five very quick shippers :D

Yea...I know. I've been waiting for Oblivion on 360 and it says available now. Of course, one guy I sent a game to is taking time in leaving me feedback, so I'm guessing thats the problem.

Then again...i'm hoping to stumble upon a copy of Marvel vs Capcom 2 for X-Box or PS2...

[quote name='toldawg128']Huh...That's not a match, it's an automated message you get when you're skipped.[/QUOTE]

He asked if you get a message saying that you received a match but don't have enough points. The e-mail you get says: Goozex has received an offer for the game "_____" (platform: ____) and your request was first in line but could not be selected for lack of ____ Goozex points.

Hey fellas,

I'm sorry that you all have not been getting as many matches as you want...well, I hope that this encourages you all to go out and refer your gaming friends about Goozex. The more great gamers and traders that there are that are on Goozex trading their games, the better it is for all of us involved. Convince them that this is an incredible trading service and show them how great the point system works compared to the craptacular trade-in prices at EB. Sorry to sound like a shill for Goozex, but once I was convinced of how great their system, customer service, and community has been...I've been a loyal Goozexer. And they've got the CheapyD endorsement to boot.

So get out there and refer your video gaming friends up. Refer those suckers at EB and GameStop. Go on, get out there.

*sigh* Story time. I just traded out Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (Includes GBA Cable), I listed this as disk only because I didn't have the cable to send out(at least I don't know where it is). So it's listed as disk only, but in reality I sent out the whole game with manual and case in excellent condition. The user received it and left positive feedback which is good, but the comment left a sour taste in my mouth.

Comment:
i thought i was supposed to receive the gba cable as stated which i didnt.

Wrong, It was listed as disk only. Which means I'm only required to stick a disk in a piece of paper and mail it. Now when someone looks at my feedback they are going to see that comment and wonder about me when I always take extra care of my games, as any one I've traded to can attest they tend to be in very good condition. And I try to go above and beyond when I can, slip in an extra goodie now and then.

My question is this, can Goozex add a slot on the feedback page that shows what the level the game was listed at? Or a method to post a rebuttal to feedback? I'd settle for the listing of disk. Then someone sees that feedback says hey, this guy doesn't meet his obligations, no wait, he listed it as disk only, never mind the user must not have understood disk only.

Long rant, short story but in this arena our reputations are all we have for people to trust on and I'd like to keep mine as spick and span as possible.

[quote name='spoo']I see but on a user decided trade system I can read feedback and feel it out on a shady trader.

I got the game in the mail today. Anyway to leave a neutral feedback for shipping almost a week late and almost 1 1/2 week after the trade was matched?[/QUOTE]
IMO, you should leave positive feedback because the game is in working order. You can use the least positive one though. Just mention the lateness of the mailing in your remarks.

[quote name='macdude22']*sigh* Story time. I just traded out Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (Includes GBA Cable), I listed this as disk only because I didn't have the cable to send out(at least I don't know where it is). So it's listed as disk only, but in reality I sent out the whole game with manual and case in excellent condition. The user received it and left positive feedback which is good, but the comment left a sour taste in my mouth.

Wrong, It was listed as disk only. Which means I'm only required to stick a disk in a piece of paper and mail it. Now when someone looks at my feedback they are going to see that comment and wonder about me when I always take extra care of my games, as any one I've traded to can attest they tend to be in very good condition. And I try to go above and beyond when I can, slip in an extra goodie now and then.

My question is this, can Goozex add a slot on the feedback page that shows what the level the game was listed at? Or a method to post a rebuttal to feedback? I'd settle for the listing of disk. Then someone sees that feedback says hey, this guy doesn't meet his obligations, no wait, he listed it as disk only, never mind the user must not have understood disk only.

Long rant, short story but in this arena our reputations are all we have for people to trust on and I'd like to keep mine as spick and span as possible.[/QUOTE]

There should have been an option for FF:CC without the cable. Most of the games (guncon for example) have options for with or without the gun.

[quote name='cheapfrag']IMO, you should leave positive feedback because the game is in working order. You can use the least positive one though. Just mention the lateness of the mailing in your remarks.[/QUOTE]

I just reread my post and edited it to make it legible. #-o

Then why should anyone ship on time if their is no recourse? If I had a trade on here (CAG) and the "seller" shipped my game a week and half after we agreed on the trade I would give them a neutral unless they had a good reason for shipping late, or at least had good communication about shipping late.

I just want "Goozex" to tell me what their policy is on this issue. I would like to know what the offical policy is on this. I will leave appropriate feedback with the official policy.

[quote name='Scavenger4']There should have been an option for FF:CC without the cable. Most of the games (guncon for example) have options for with or without the gun.[/QUOTE]

Well as far as I could find there wasn't, could be wrong but all I could find was this listing and an Action Replay listing. Regardless I listed it as disk only which means a user isn't required to send anything but a disk wrapped in paper. I sent the user an email to see if we can work something out to have Goozex remove the offending comment, I'd go so far as to take the game back and expunge the trade completely. I'm probably making a mountain out of a molehill but I'm sure others with great feedback wouldn't appreciate that kind of comment either when going above what is required for the transaction. At least I'm off to a conference today, overtime pay, free food, and paid travel. Thats a happy note in my book.

[quote name='macdude22']

Long rant, short story but in this arena our reputations are all we have for people to trust on and I'd like to keep mine as spick and span as possible.[/quote]

That's a great idea. Ofcourse the buyer doesn't know who the seller is until they agree to send it. But it would help put the buyers mind at ease.

Another day another chance to get one of my 3 or 4 games that is about to time out aswell as the two I've already had to close on.

Hey everyone...

homeland -- there is no way to cancel a match to offer the seller a reasonable chance to earn points for a trade -- as noted you can catch it between matches, but our system wasn't designed for that reason

Terminator360 -- you also have a notification of low points/credits when you log onto goozex -- it's at the top of the home page

magiic -- no timeline at the moment for retro games...unlikely we'll do actual hardware/console trading anytime soon -- those have a lot of problems in terms of pricing and quality issues.

ddrlenz -- as a side note, marvel vs. capcom 2 is probably our highest traded rare game...saw that move through several times

lurknomore -- thanks for the words! I owe you a beer at the next DC CAG meet up...

macdude22 -- Members can currently view how they requested a game by going into "My Requests" --> "Completed Requests" and then the little green icon is marked as how it was requested. But I do understand your frustration with a comment like that. The fact is that disc only means exactly that. We can think of a more presentable format to show that information.

spoo -- our official policy is that if you receive a game before the system times out for you or you leave negative feedback and the game is in working order, then we consider the trade to be successfully completed. Once the seller drops a game off with USPS it is out of everybody's control. That is why we give trades over 2 weeks to officially close. Cheapfrag has a great suggestion to leave positive feedback and make a complaint in the message area. These messages can be read by any other member on Goozex.

ok everyone...have a great day!

[quote name='Goozex']
macdude22 -- Members can currently view how they requested a game by going into "My Requests" --> "Completed Requests" and then the little green icon is marked as how it was requested. But I do understand your frustration with a comment like that. The fact is that disc only means exactly that. We can think of a more presentable format to show that information.
[/quote]
Whoops, I should have been a little clearer about what I meant. I meant some indication of what it was listed at on the feedback history pop up window that other members can see of other members. The one if someone goes into my account page and clicks on Feedback History they get that popup window with the comments about that user. Perhaps somewhere in there you could indicate what the selling trader listed the game as. So then someone viewing a users comments could see a comment like the one I got, and then they can look at what the selling trader had listed the item as. I think it would be a usefull piece of information on the feedback history page. Thanks goozex for the quick feedback and the verification that I properly listed the game. Next time you guys are in Iowa (not bloody likely) I'll buy you guys a bier.

[quote name='Goozex']

spoo -- our official policy is that if you receive a game before the system times out for you or you leave negative feedback and the game is in working order, then we consider the trade to be successfully completed. Once the seller drops a game off with USPS it is out of everybody's control. That is why we give trades over 2 weeks to officially close. Cheapfrag has a great suggestion to leave positive feedback and make a complaint in the message area. These messages can be read by any other member on Goozex.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for replying to me, I wanted to know what to do in the situation. I just got done leaving the lowest positive feedback and a message. I wasn't complaining about USPS I have had some strange things happen with packages before so I know how that goes. He had DC and the date was stamped on envelope so I could see the date it was sent. I got my less then steller trade out of the way so now it will be smooth sailing here on out ;) .

I look forward to giving the goozex traders a 2nd chance. I am just spoiled with all the great traders I have had here and on other trade sites.
*I really am a laid back easy going guy but I'm used to excellent traders with good communication. I am under a bit of stress since I am getting married in 2 weeks busy doing wedding stuff with not enough gaming.*

bread's done
Back