New Goozex Thread v2.5 -- Promo Details Given Here

[quote name='magiic']@iazy

Sweet. Non-GH is always a bonus :) If nothing arrives this afternoon for me to tick off as recieved I may just mark it as recieved to get the ball rolling. And if I recall based on your feedback it will allow you to recieve five games now instead of only two :)[/QUOTE]
That 5 wouldnt do me no good considering there are no games other than Super Paper Mario that is queued (#39 in line) =(. But better than nothing. I sent yesterday so you should receive it either end of this week or sometime next week. Dont know how long it takes from NY to Canada.

well recently everything has taken close to a month but I think that was because of tax season. Normally New York to Victoria takes about 5-7 days.

[quote name='magiic']well recently everything has taken close to a month but I think that was because of tax season. Normally New York to Victoria takes about 5-7 days.[/QUOTE]
I see. Just keep an eye out.

@ Mark (Goozex)
What about the ability to update the shipping date once its been shipped? I know you have 1 or 3 days. I usually tend to put 3 days incase I'm running late for work and cant make it to PO but 99.9% of time, I ship out the next day of approving. Anyway to let us update the shipped date? Also, what about adding tracking # so receiver can track or view #? I know the sender can easily just PM the person the number but this would also help Goozex incase of a dispute.

Also how about extending the 1 day accept trade to 2 days? I know some if not alot of people arent on the computer everyday. Or maybe adding it as a preference/choice for each user?

[quote name='magiic']well recently everything has taken close to a month but I think that was because of tax season. Normally New York to Victoria takes about 5-7 days.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear you got everything. Hopefully the game I sent to Canada and got a negative on will arrive and I can get it reversed.

[quote name='stolazi']Cheers on getting the queue for us! And, holy CRAP am I far back in line on most of my requests . . .[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry about what number you are since most people in line get skipped anyways(lack of points).

[quote name='ManChowder']I wouldn't worry about what number you are since most people in line get skipped anyways(lack of points).[/QUOTE]

and lack of trade credits

[quote name='iazybandit']@ Mark (Goozex)
What about the ability to update the shipping date once its been shipped? I know you have 1 or 3 days. I usually tend to put 3 days incase I'm running late for work and cant make it to PO but 99.9% of time, I ship out the next day of approving. Anyway to let us update the shipped date? Also, what about adding tracking # so receiver can track or view #? I know the sender can easily just PM the person the number but this would also help Goozex incase of a dispute.

Also how about extending the 1 day accept trade to 2 days? I know some if not alot of people arent on the computer everyday. Or maybe adding it as a preference/choice for each user?[/QUOTE]

I have to second everything he said. Anything you add to help keep members informed of shipping status would be much appreciated.

okay, question about my position in the queue. For Star Ocean: Til the End of Time it says I'm at #11 in the queue to get it, yet i just got my points back from a cancelled match on it (the fifth cancelled match so far on that game). How in the world am I at #11 but getting matched for a 100pt game? I can't imagine the 10 in front of me don't even have 100pts...

I'm at #2 for Ar Tonelico but an average of like #20 for the rest. DOH!

Well, that happens more often than you might think. A lot of people may put stuff on their request list but not have any points at all (and they may not really even be active members).

And just let me say that showing the position in the queue is so much more useful. As long as you have some kind of explanation on the site saying what exactly that means (that you may get matched even if you are low down on the queue, as long as you have points) I think it should be fine to show the numbers.

are there any plans for deleting inactive members queues? unless they put themselves into vacation mode (which I plan to use myself when I have to leave for boot camp)

damm.... I put gears of war on my request list and im like 80 something. So im like im never gonna get this. Then i add prey and im like in 20. So i get match to get prey and then i get an email that i was match for gears but dont have points for gears. If only i knew i was gonna get match for gears. This really pisses me off. So when i get the game i'll just relist.

[quote name='slidecage']personally i dont really see how they can make a big enough profit to stay in business at a buck per trade but its the best place going[/QUOTE]

gametz has been around for years and it make $0 per trade

I wish they would add something like gametz (after quickly looking at it) to show how many are avaialable and how many requesting.

[quote name='ughpaul']gametz has been around for years and it make $0 per trade[/QUOTE]
Its been around for years but for a good 2-4 years, it was subscriptions..I think. But it went back to free but with the option of subscriptions. So GameTZ makes their money from subscriptions and from loyal TZ gamers.

I love the queue system...It gives me more motivation to list more of my stuff and to request more as I now have a better idea as to where things are. Definitely makes everything more fun.

Anyhow, I think that I have an idea as to what the surprise will be. I'm thinking that with their exponential growth, that they may have secured some mondo funding...and with that, more free services.

Hey I have a quick question. When I request a game and put it on hold, do I still move up the queue or do people behind me skip in front?

On a side note this site is a brilliant idea guy, may many millions of dollars come your way. I've contributed a couple bucks towards that so far!

I love the queue really great work. Its nice knowing where I stand. Though right now I'm #1 for Crackdown and the anticipation for getting matched up is killin me. But hey thats a good thing!

Have you Goozex guys banned people that have been banned here and/or GameTZ? The reason why I ask is that I noticed that I got a request from a user id name that sounded familiar for nefarious reasons...I took a look here at the CAG trader ratings, and there he was in his banned glory. And yes, it was the same id. Should I continue with this trade? I know that I have the Goozex guarantee but I still don't want a scammer receiving a game over another.

[quote name='lurknomore']Have you Goozex guys banned people that have been banned here and/or GameTZ? The reason why I ask is that I noticed that I got a request from a user id name that sounded familiar for nefarious reasons...I took a look here at the CAG trader ratings, and there he was in his banned glory. And yes, it was the same id. Should I continue with this trade? I know that I have the Goozex guarantee but I still don't want a scammer receiving a game over another.[/quote]

Hey I just got the email blast on this comment. Please email me at feedback and I'll check into the details.

To answer your question -- yes there have been users from both sites banned from Goozex. It's only a handful and 99.9% of CAGers have been awesome! But you guys know that already...

I'm running out the door now...will get back to the other questions later.

I was wondering if youd implement a system for trading strategy guides, and while Im at it, older games(i.e. games for the 386/486 on diskettes, old mac games)?

[quote name='wckddudeman']I was wondering if youd implement a system for trading strategy guides, and while Im at it, older games(i.e. games for the 386/486 on diskettes, old mac games)?[/QUOTE]

I thought that also... I mean just think of older PC and even Console games place for trades!

The problem i think they may have is a pricing structure. With the games they have available now they can somewhat lock down as to what they are worth. The older stuff it gets very hard to determine a value.

Too low and no one will offer them... too high and you get flooded.

Thats what I was thinking, but well for the strat guides just a set price(if you want to trade ones you no longer need towards a videogame you can do that or you can trade guide for guide at no loss).
I do understand the difficulty to set a price(sold many items in the CCG, CMG world and know how long it can take to set a fair value on some of the harder to find items). But it would be quite nice to see these mint copies of old games go to someone interested, but still give that helping hand towards somehting Id like.

[quote name='homeland']I love the queue really great work. Its nice knowing where I stand. Though right now I'm #1 for Crackdown and the anticipation for getting matched up is killin me. But hey thats a good thing![/quote] Man I'm 52. Also how often are the queue number updated?

[quote name='da408boss']damm.... I put gears of war on my request list and im like 80 something. So im like im never gonna get this. Then i add prey and im like in 20. So i get match to get prey and then i get an email that i was match for gears but dont have points for gears. If only i knew i was gonna get match for gears. This really pisses me off. So when i get the game i'll just relist.[/QUOTE]

Just listed a copy of Gears and I am 37 th in line??? Sounds like Goozex just got flooded with copies so you shouldn't have any problems matching up.

Quick question to Goozex. Any chance of updating the listings to show upc's? I went to list a game and the cover art is somewhat different for the game but it appears to the exact game.

Ugh, I'm in another dead trade loop. I've come up with a suggestion though.

Would this work? The scenario would be you get matched and wait for 24 hours for the seller to accept or not (just like it is now). But after the first one expires, the system would mark the seller and game. Now, if you get matched again, with that seller for that game, you would have the option to cancel the trade (i'm thinking a button in my requests). Then after the 3rd cycle, it would remove the listing the way it does now. How does that sound?

hey everyone! Q&A time...

iazybandit -- we are considering some additional shipping methods...surprisingly our survey results are showing that a majority of people like handling the packages themselves...tracking numbers would be very nice, but they come with a cost and depends on how people ship. In any case, we are working on this.

simpsonps121 - we need to improve on this, but the way we handle cancel trades is that we need both the buyer and seller to confirm that they want the trades cancelled. Then the buyer will leave positive feedback and we manually switch all the points around. Please be careful to avoid cancelling trades b/c the points earned by the seller are taken away and the position in the queues for each are given up.

mahzilla -- great suggestion about rss queue -- it is something we are working on

TahoeMax -- the 10 in front can a have a variety of issues that include
1. not enough points
2. not enough credits
3. not enough open trade slots
4. game is on hold
5. vacation mode

icruise -- I agree that we need to make a better effort to educate how the site works...you should start to see small improvements on that end...

GrayWolf323 -- only on the seller side do we remove games from queues -- and this happens when their matching cycle has timed out.

Good luck in boot camp and you can tell your buddies there that we have special coupons for military personnel -- send me a PM if you want to know more

sallyballs -- yes even on hold you move up the queue if people in front have games coming there way.

wckddudeman -- not the moment -- we've thought about adding other gaming products but it is not a priority. retro games is moving up the to-do-list. We need to figure if our point system works well with retro games...maybe a challenge

indigo0086 -- they are updated as trades happen...

kklems -- you can search by UPC in advanced search (look for the button on the front page on the left side...)

erock -- we are working on a solution for this problem...currently our idea is similar to yours.

[quote name='Goozex']

wckddudeman -- not the moment -- we've thought about adding other gaming products but it is not a priority. retro games is moving up the to-do-list. We need to figure if our point system works well with retro games...maybe a challenge
[/quote]

I love the points s system no question, on my other favorite trading site bookmooch they just use a 1-1 trading token kind of thing, fine for cheap paperbacks but I'm not sending out a hardcover Harry Potter for a paper back startrek novel or something like that. I think they could benifit from the Goozex model. To the topic at hand, might I suggest getting current monitary value data from a source like VG Collector ( http://www.vgcollector.com/ ). When selling, or trading, or whatever I've found them to be very good in determining current values of "retro" or out of print games. I know a lot of the "retro" webstores, sellers, and traders go by their price guide. Digital Press has some value information too I think, http://www.digitpress.com/ . I think the challenge arises from not having the MSRP data from MUSE, but if one could get monitary value information from another source that does all the work instead of Goozex having to track pricing for hundreds or even thousands of older games then they can focus on other tasks. My 3 cents. Looking forward to "retro" trading.

[quote name='macdude22']I love the points s system no question, on my other favorite trading site bookmooch they just use a 1-1 trading token kind of thing, fine for cheap paperbacks but I'm not sending out a hardcover Harry Potter for a paper back startrek novel or something like that. I think they could benifit from the Goozex model. To the topic at hand, might I suggest getting current monitary value data from a source like VG Collector ( http://www.vgcollector.com/ ). When selling, or trading, or whatever I've found them to be very good in determining current values of "retro" or out of print games. I know a lot of the "retro" webstores, sellers, and traders go by their price guide. Digital Press has some value information too I think, http://www.digitpress.com/ . I think the challenge arises from not having the MSRP data from MUSE, but if one could get monitary value information from another source that does all the work instead of Goozex having to track pricing for hundreds or even thousands of older games then they can focus on other tasks. My 3 cents. Looking forward to "retro" trading.[/quote]

Hey macdude...thanks for the input...I am already a subsciber to VG Collector and use their rare game prices for our point values...

[quote name='Goozex']Hey macdude...thanks for the input...I am already a subsciber to VG Collector and use their rare game prices for our point values...[/quote]

Fantastic! Their price guide is dare I say.....Priceless.

Thank you. I'll be here all week.

[quote name='Goozex']hey everyone! Q&A time...

iazybandit -- we are considering some additional shipping methods...surprisingly our survey results are showing that a majority of people like handling the packages themselves...tracking numbers would be very nice, but they come with a cost and depends on how people ship. In any case, we are working on this.[/quote]
I ship my packages out myself but what I was getting at is when you accept the trade, you are given the option of 1 day to ship or 3 days to ship. I tend to put 3 days because I am sometimes late for work and cant make it so the 1 day would be useless and some people will question why you put 1 day when its send on day 2. It would be nice to let us modify the date it was sent to be more up to date. I ship with tracking number as well and I PM the receiver to let them know. Allowing us to include tracking number to the trade will inform receiver as well as provide proof for both receiver and goozex incase of dispute/claim.

TahoeMax -- the 10 in front can a have a variety of issues that include
1. not enough points
2. not enough credits
3. not enough open trade slots
4. game is on hold
5. vacation mode
I feel that if the game is on hold or the person is on vacation mode, they should be removed from queue.

What about accessories? ;)

I guess it's a little longer to score the newer stuff. I had good returns with the older games, but I'm aiming for crackdown and Rainbow Six Vegas and I think it will be a while.

[quote name='iazybandit']I feel that if the game is on hold or the person is on vacation mode, they should be removed from queue.[/QUOTE]

that wouldn't be fair to them if they took it off hold or came back from vacation

as it stands they just get skipped over which means they aren't going to get it over you if your one step below them anyways

[quote name='kklems']Here's a first for me. Just received trade Postage Due! Wonder what to do about that as far as feedback.[/quote]

You had to the pay the postage on receipt? Thats shitty.

[quote name='kklems']Here's a first for me. Just received trade Postage Due! Wonder what to do about that as far as feedback.[/quote]

Considering that the sender is supposed to pay for postage, I would not give this person a positive feedback...

I got a postage due once, but it was for maybe $0.20. The guy had put a GBA game in one of the "Goozex envelopes" and didn't put enough shipping on it. I gave him positive feedback (since I did get the game and everything) but I told him he shouldn't use the envelopes for cartridges. Never heard anything back.

I think that with games that are in greater demand, and especially those that are in demand and in great supply, there should a more of a fast-tracked matching process. I think that a game such as God of War should have a quicker out-the-door transaction. Could you guys implement a fast-track matching process that perhaps matches more than one person at a time for game such as these? It is for the benefit of Goozex and its members that games that are matched and can be matched...be in transit more than they should be sitting around waiting to be mailed out.

can you remove feedbacks?

i got this the other day

Goozex private message
Dear ,

You have received a private message from:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: hey
Message: Srry itas taking so long but im in alot of sports and cant get it sent yet my post office closes at 5 and never is open sunday and i have baseball games saturday

So the person admitted they never sent the game yet the found time to send 100 pt games yet not the time to send the 650 pt game. i Left them neg feedback right now to get my pts back but sent them an email back

Are you ever going to send the game or do you just want the neg feedback and just relist the game

cause i think we can remove the feedbacks if we email goozex right? its been almost 16 or 17 days since they said the sent it. I knew i wouldnt get the game from someone with so low of feedback. hopefully i get matched again quickly but doubt it

bread's done
Back