New Goozex Thread v2.5 -- Promo Details Given Here

I have a question, if a game is awaiting trade, and the trader doesn't respond or cancel, are you put into the next queue or rotated back.

[quote name='indigo0086']I have a question, if a game is awaiting trade, and the trader doesn't respond or cancel, are you put into the next queue or rotated back.[/QUOTE]

this is how i understand it...

if your matched

that trader will have 3 times to confirm trading with you, after the 3rd time has timed out then you will be put back in line but this could be tricky

Say there is a 1000 pt game and your 10 th in line but your the only person with trade pts and your matched

Day 1 match seller dont confirm
Day 2 match seller dont confirm
Day 3 match seller dont confirm- but person 4th in line has pts now

DAY 4 a new person list the game

The person who was 4th in line would be matched since they were offically head of you before the first matched started

BUT you do keep your spot in line (meaning you will still say 10th in line)

[quote name='Zombie_X']saw my match up but nothing happened, i clecked ok to send game but the person never said ok and the deal never happened.[/quote]

I'm confused. What are you saying? You agreed to send a game, but didn't ship it?

[quote name='slidecage']this is how i understand it...

if your matched

that trader will have 3 times to confirm trading with you, after the 3rd time has timed out then you will be put back in line but this could be tricky

Say there is a 1000 pt game and your 10 th in line but your the only person with trade pts and your matched

The person who was 4th in line would be matched since they were offically head of you before the first matched started

BUT you do keep your spot in line (meaning you will still say 10th in line)[/QUOTE]

The best I can tell is after the 24 hour period, the match actually cancels then rematches. So if someone in a better que position gets points, they would end up with the match after the 24 hour period expires.

[quote name='slidecage']this is how i understand it...

if your matched

BUT you do keep your spot in line (meaning you will still say 10th in line)[/quote] Hey I traded with you lol . thanks for the breakdown, hopefully it's implemented fairly so as not to be screwed by others.

I received negative feedback from user Sochalist stating that the game i sent him was unplayable. I practically played this game before i sent it to him *wanted to get the most out of it before i let it go*. It was practically brand new. Why would he give me negative feedback. I don't understand. Could you please check this out. I just joined and someone is giving me negative feedback for know reason. Thanks in advance
My user name is bkballers.

[quote name='lurknomore'] Could you guys implement a fast-track matching process that perhaps matches more than one person at a time for game such as these? It is for the benefit of Goozex and its members that games that are matched and can be matched...be in transit more than they should be sitting around waiting to be mailed out.[/QUOTE]

i agree this is needed. there is too much time waiting around for people to confirm. if they don't want to trade then get it off their lists. a bad side effect is that while i'm waiting around for some joker to decline my match he's tieing up my trade credit and i get emails about trades i can't make because i don't have credits. i like the way the music tradeing site lala.com works best:
1) no trading credits, you get charged after you receive a trade
2) when there are people who want one of your cd's you see a 'ship it' button next to that cd and if you want to trade then you click on that button and you get an address. instant trade. no bottlenecks of people who don't want to trade.

haha graywolf your matched with me for Club House Games, just need the last go ahead from the girlfriend that she is done with it and I will accept and mail it tommorow.

[quote name='magiic']haha graywolf your matched with me for Club House Games, just need the last go ahead from the girlfriend that she is done with it and I will accept and mail it tommorow.[/QUOTE]

lol had a feeling it was with you ^_^

[quote name='magiic']I'll mail it out tommorow, should take about a week to get there.[/QUOTE]

sounds good, that means I ended up getting 10 games today technically (also hit up the Buy 2 Get 1 Free sales at Gamestop)

[quote name='ughpaul']i agree this is needed. there is too much time waiting around for people to confirm. if they don't want to trade then get it off their lists. a bad side effect is that while i'm waiting around for some joker to decline my match he's tieing up my trade credit and i get emails about trades i can't make because i don't have credits. i like the way the music tradeing site lala.com works best:
1) no trading credits, you get charged after you receive a trade
2) when there are people who want one of your cd's you see a 'ship it' button next to that cd and if you want to trade then you click on that button and you get an address. instant trade. no bottlenecks of people who don't want to trade.[/QUOTE]

i say we need a new shipping time

Ship within 1 day
ship within 3 days
ship within 5 days (so add a new thing)

that way i would confirm on the first time it matches instead on the 3rd time so i know i can make it to the post office

if i say i ship within 3 days i will ship within those 3 days that is why i wait for the 2nd or 3rd time the game is request before accepting

I want to get my hands on a copy of Guitar Heros for the 360. I need the guitar piece too. What level of request is the accessory required to be included? The game listing says "Guitar Hero II game and control bundle". I'm a little confused with the listing options in this case. I want to get matched quickly and box and manual are of no concern. But I need the guitar.

Hey everyone -- hope you all had a great weekend...only a few questions since my last post

GrayWolf323 -- not sure how that works in our db about changing preferred console -- I'll ask our tech guy if there is basically a switch in the db that lets us offer that.

lurknomore -- we are working on a "fast track" matching process that still tries to maintain a fair balance for the buyer and seller. Will keep you posted on that.

slidecage -- yes you can email us at feedback @ goozex to ask for feedback reversals. What we can do is negative to positive. We can't do it from positive to negative.

indigo0086 -- you never lose your place in line unless you delete your selection from your library/requests.

erock -- games like guitar hero II (x360) come to use from muze with only one option (ps2 version has both options). Therefore please send the seller a PM if you are matched.

Since we are talking about wants....

How about an option to respond to feedback?

For those that might have or want more than one copy of a game an option to list more than one copy to trade/request in the queue?

Make days until you mail BUSINESS days and not calender days ie a game you agree to ship late (or even after po closes) on thursday is marked autosend on Sunday giving people only one business day (friday) to ship plus half day Saturday. Same problem with postal holidays.

I have a 2nd copy of wii sports (long story) how should this be listed? disc and manual or complete? It comes in cardboard case and that's how it came originally I was leaning towards complete.
opinions?

dang it when I got feedback suddenly it opened me up to 10 matches and there were some games on my request list I had meant to put on hold that I now am matched up on :whistle2:(

they were dreamcast games but minor problem of I don't actually own a dreamcast yet but might be getting my friend's so added them but then my computer crashed and I forgot to put them on hold until this evening and it was too late

*prays they time out*

[quote name='kklems']Since we are talking about wants....

How about an option to respond to feedback?

For those that might have or want more than one copy of a game an option to list more than one copy to trade/request in the queue?

Make days until you mail BUSINESS days and not calender days ie a game you agree to ship late (or even after po closes) on thursday is marked autosend on Sunday giving people only one business day (friday) to ship plus half day Saturday. Same problem with postal holidays.[/QUOTE]

i was thinking the same thing BUT when you think about it people could abuse the systems.

Say kingdom hearts 2 is 500 pts and 20 people want the game and 20 people have it .

say like someone finds say Kingdom hearts 2 for 4.99 locally and buys 20 copies of it. Meaning the next 20 people who request it they would be first in line

meaning one person would grab 10,000 pts and the rest would have 0 pts compair to

20 people having 500 pts to blow each

it would just jam up the system if people were allowed to list more then 1 copy of a game at a time. If you do have more then one copy you can always relist it once its been traded and feedback left (though you go to the end of th eline)

FYI Looks like I am a winner for the survey goozex had. Just got a $60 amazon.com Giftcard. Keep up the great work goozex and thanks alot :)

[quote name='Brian9824']FYI Looks like I am a winner for the survey goozex had. Just got a $60 amazon.com Giftcard. Keep up the great work goozex and thanks alot :)[/quote]
NOOOOOOOOOOOO! I wanted to win, again.:D

Congratulations, anyways!:applause:

I just registered and it was odd that there was no choice for 360. It only showed Xbox.

Any ideas?

Is it possible to show when you originally requested/libraried a game, and then when each turn occurred?
I am just kind of curious what kind of time it takes to go from say 90 turns to my turn.
Also as am analyst, I am interested in the statistics of it /nerd

Congrats to all the winners.

Quick question for Goozex. If you are shipping more than one game to a trader at a time can you combine into one shipment and still be covered against lost, theft etc. Since there would be two items and one dc # how would you handle things?

I actually won the March CAG giveaway, but I wanted to wait till I had more than two weeks experience with Goozex before weighing in with my opinions.

The Goozex community has been great, I've had a couple dozen trades total (sent and received) without a hitch so far. The system to talk to people you are matched with works well (i.e. ask if they have received the game yet, or explain you are shipping later than anticipated). The people that run the site are very responsive to any questions you may have.

I'm glad I gave the site a try, investing a few old games risk-free (they will reimburse you points if the game arrives broken or missing, I think) and getting new games to play in return. My friends I have invited have also had positive experiences.

[quote name='stick97']
I am just kind of curious what kind of time it takes to go from say 90 turns to my turn.[/QUOTE]
I don't think there's any way to say, since you can theoretically get a game right away even if you're in 90th place, as long as the people ahead of you don't have points (or are on vacation or have their selection on hold, etc).

I've been 10th in line for about a week for one trade, and the same for about 46-50. There should be some sort of immediate tracking for requests.

holy moly...i was like 23rd for the full Guitar Hero 2 bundle and just got matched for it...and two other games all at once. Sweeeeet!

I'm trading a PS2 game to some one with 8 positive feedback, 2 neutral feedback and 1 negative feedback --- but he has a feedback score of 275... how is that possible? Is he a beta tester and you removed his feedback from that time or does he work for Goozex?

I read the Goozex newsletter and I'm listening to the GoozCast...and I like the production values in both. Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with in the coming episodes. I hope that you all get to the point where you both can have a bit more fun. Some of us know that you have more personality than you're giving on the GoozCast1.

So where is that forum space? Or community space? Throw that up on the website. It is a already a great trading community.

[quote name='yusuk3']I actually won the March CAG giveaway, but I wanted to wait till I had more than two weeks experience with Goozex before weighing in with my opinions.

The Goozex community has been great, I've had a couple dozen trades total (sent and received) without a hitch so far. The system to talk to people you are matched with works well (i.e. ask if they have received the game yet, or explain you are shipping later than anticipated). The people that run the site are very responsive to any questions you may have.

I'm glad I gave the site a try, investing a few old games risk-free (they will reimburse you points if the game arrives broken or missing, I think) and getting new games to play in return. My friends I have invited have also had positive experiences.[/QUOTE]

LOL i read this fast and thought it said

My friends I have invented was wondering how you could invent friends :)

The GoozCast was good, informative. Get it on itunes and you'll be set.

Are people really trading guitar hero full sets?

A. Who would want to trade away such an awesome game.
B. Seems fairly expensive to ship......but for 1000 points...hmmmmmm.

I'm happy I gave Goozex a 2nd chance. I was hooked up with two trades and they both shipped them on time or early.

I was wondering though, how does it work that goozex has Xbox Live Arcade Games on the site? What do you "get" when you have that "trade"

Is it just me, or is the Wii Play a deal at 700 points? The Wii Play includes the Wii -mote, right? That's what the description says.

About how quickly matches are being made, it seems as if matches are being made at a quicker clip. I don't know if anything has changes...maybe kiddos have gotten back from Spring vacation or something.

[quote name='lurknomore']Is it just me, or is the Wii Play a deal at 700 points? The Wii Play includes the Wii -mote, right? That's what the description says.

About how quickly matches are being made, it seems as if matches are being made at a quicker clip. I don't know if anything has changes...maybe kiddos have gotten back from Spring vacation or something.[/QUOTE]

They are only required to send the mote if they list it as full package, however for 700 points it aughta. Wii Play the game itself is worth maybe 300 points in my mind. Probably closer to 200.

i don't believe the system makes the distinction, which is kind of a shortcoming. With the Guitar Hero games there are actually two separate listings for the game only and the game+guitar set, each of which has its own value.

Great job with the Goozcast, Goozex guy :)

It was informative and a great way to get the word out there to other people who might not know about the site yet.

[quote name='macdude22']The GoozCast was good, informative. Get it on itunes and you'll be set.

Are people really trading guitar hero full sets?

A. Who would want to trade away such an awesome game.
B. Seems fairly expensive to ship......but for 1000 points...hmmmmmm.[/QUOTE]

i think its only like 6 bucks to ship. at least that is what part 1 cost me xmas 2005

I am so mad :bomb: and sad :cry: right now! I checked my email today and saw this message

“Goozex has received an offer for the game "NBA Street Homecourt" (platform: Xbox 360) and your request was first in line but could not be selected for lack of 50 Goozex points.

Please refill your account with 50 Goozex points in order to be selected when the next offer becomes available”

Do you know how long I have been waiting for this game? For about a month now, I thought the game was 800 points. I didn’t realize it was 900. How long does it usually take for the offer to come back around again? Please don’t tell me another month. Could somebody enlighten me on this process I would really appreciate it.:whistle2:#

bread's done
Back