New Goozex Thread v2.5 -- Promo Details Given Here

[quote name='ManChowder']This is pissing me off!

First of all I have had a lot of the people who send me stuff sending it ultra late (often 4 or 5 days past when they were supposed to send) and now I get this crap...

I requested a COMPLETE copy of the Call of Duty: United Offensive Expansion(PC) and was matched immediately. I was a little worried because the guy who I was matched with had neutral Feedback for not sending his games complete, and the lesser of the two good feedbacks(the one saying it works but not in good condition) for the trade before that.
Sure enough I got my game in the mail today and it was the two discs in a jewell case with the back insert of the original Call of Duty, with the back insert of COD: United Offensive crammed in the jewell case where the manual/cover art would go..... that's it! No box, no instructions, no anything! Like shoving that back insert in front was going to fool anyone into thinking this was complete.

This is totally weak because the worst I can do is send Neutral feedback which does nothing to the guy whatsoever. He still gets to spend his points, I'm still out 100 points & a trade credit, and he can do this as many times as he feels like.
Isn't there a rule against this for users who continually do this? It was obviously done purposefully as the guy knew nobody would request a disc-only copy of this game when there were complete copies available.

I was ordering this for my dad who was looking for an inexpensive copy of this expansion but with the original box/case/whatever as he likes to display them next to his computer. So now I have to cough up more points and another trade credit and hope that the next guy doesn't screw me, while this guy gets his trade credits and a chance to screw the next guy.

Anyways I was thinking of writing a warning(to other users) in the commment column when I send him the Neutral feedback. Maybe something like:

"does not send complete as promised, repeat offender, be careful with what you get"

or something like that. Is this going too far?? I really wish I could send the guy a Negative but I'll stick with the rules.[/QUOTE]
Contact Mark or email them. They have a guarantee policy and will handle this situation appropriately.

I recently recieved a copy of Odama from a goozex member, unfortunately I requested full package and it didn't come with the microphone required to play the game. Do you think I should give the user positive or nuetral feedback?

[quote name='ManChowder']I was ordering this for my dad who was looking for an inexpensive copy of this expansion but with the original box/case/whatever as he likes to display them next to his computer. So now I have to cough up more points and another trade credit and hope that the next guy doesn't screw me, while this guy gets his trade credits and a chance to screw the next guy.[/QUOTE]
I have CoD:UO available complete but alas I'm 6th in line.

You could also buy it new from Best Buy for $9.99 (or $4.99 after Gamepro coupon)

Hey everyone...let me get to the questions and comments posted in the last couple of days...

xtchuh -- we have seriously looked at point cards -- it is a work in progress!

Graywolf -- maybe as you go through the 32 games you received you can start to post them back up for trade, sit back and relax knowing you've got a ton a games to play through

sallyballs -- lol, you are mailing Disgaea 2 to Jon

Manchowder -- I got your PM and I thought I'd answer out here since some others may have similar questions:

1. Regarding abusive neutral feedback offenders -- there is an internal review if someone passes a certain threshold. Though its rare, my next step is to email the offender to remind them what full package vs. disc only means. After that depending on the unique details of the case we make a judgement call. This has probably happened twice in the past year.

2. The message area in the feedback is there to give you a voice in the transaction. If you loved it then I'm sure the seller will be happy to hear it. If you are less then happy, then you say that as well. We are not in the business of censorship, and cannot monitor all messages that filter through the feedback. Our only guide is that you avoid curse words and general hate type of messages -- be friendly even if you are upset.

In the end we use the messages to better help us make a decision on certain key situations. For example -- if you report broken disc and say it looks like a trank ran over the bubble mailer then we know that nobody is at fault except the tank driver. If a trader has a history of Awesome feedbacks and one negative -- we give the benefit of the doubt to the great past history...so in the end, your comments are valuable and should reflect the type of person you are.

Didn't mean to ramble, I just wanted to make sure everyone understands how we view the personal comments.

Remember there are thousands of trades per month and our team is small -- as our community grows we are giving more power to you to help us have the best trading site out there!

Finally, Why is it neutral vs. negative? Our policy is such that we want to find a balance between the buyer and seller. It is neutral because the seller has sent you a game that works and is playable, but wasn't what you expected. The compromise is that the seller doesn't advance in open trading slots b/c their feedback score does not increase with neutral. As you can see with Magiic, open trade slots are valuable. As a buyer you have control over this decision and that is the balance part for you. You have received a game that you can play, and stopped a seller in advancing with open trade slots.

Again, sorry for being long on this point.

Comments are welcome!

[quote name='Goozex']

Finally, Why is it neutral vs. negative? Our policy is such that we want to find a balance between the buyer and seller. It is neutral because the seller has sent you a game that works and is playable, but wasn't what you expected. The compromise is that the seller doesn't advance in open trading slots b/c their feedback score does not increase with neutral. As you can see with Magiic, open trade slots are valuable. As a buyer you have control over this decision and that is the balance part for you. You have received a game that you can play, and stopped a seller in advancing with open trade slots.

Again, sorry for being long on this point.

Comments are welcome![/QUOTE]

My take on this, is that I'm not sure this is completely fair to the buyer in this situation. If the buyer specifies they only want a complete package, then the seller is misrepresenting what he is offering. Generally, I'm of the opinion I want the game to play, so the other stuff is not important to me. But, if I'm given the option to choose buy or not, based on completeness of the game, the seller should be obligated to honor their end of the deal. I think the buyer is being unfairly penalized here. If they really want the complete package and are sent disc only, their only way to recoup from the transaction is to relist the game, have someone request it. Then get matched and traded with another copy.

If we haven't posted feedback before the 21-day time-out, do we get an e-mail letting us know the system is about to close the trade?

I want to give the trader all the time available, but I'd rather post a negative early than have the system close the trade as a positive because I forgot how many days it had been.

[quote name='stolazi']If we haven't posted feedback before the 21-day time-out, do we get an e-mail letting us know the system is about to close the trade?

I want to give the trader all the time available, but I'd rather post a negative early than have the system close the trade as a positive because I forgot how many days it had been.[/QUOTE]

you should get an email letting you know that your transaction will close in 7 days, then you wait as long as you feel comfortable before you send feedback. I'm in that situation right now, more than likely due to yet another person sending super late:roll:

[quote name='erock']My take on this, is that I'm not sure this is completely fair to the buyer in this situation. If the buyer specifies they only want a complete package, then the seller is misrepresenting what he is offering. Generally, I'm of the opinion I want the game to play, so the other stuff is not important to me. But, if I'm given the option to choose buy or not, based on completeness of the game, the seller should be obligated to honor their end of the deal. I think the buyer is being unfairly penalized here. If they really want the complete package and are sent disc only, their only way to recoup from the transaction is to relist the game, have someone request it. Then get matched and traded with another copy.[/QUOTE]
I agree - especially since a buyer can not decline a match with a seller. The neutral feedback and negative comment is a non-factor because the next buyer has no option to act upon that feedback other than to PM the seller and emphasize that the game is to be complete.

[quote name='erock']My take on this, is that I'm not sure this is completely fair to the buyer in this situation. If the buyer specifies they only want a complete package, then the seller is misrepresenting what he is offering. Generally, I'm of the opinion I want the game to play, so the other stuff is not important to me. But, if I'm given the option to choose buy or not, based on completeness of the game, the seller should be obligated to honor their end of the deal. I think the buyer is being unfairly penalized here. If they really want the complete package and are sent disc only, their only way to recoup from the transaction is to relist the game, have someone request it. Then get matched and traded with another copy.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you totally.

If this was a guy who had good feedback and just one small part was missing then I wouldn't be so upset. But this was an obvious "up-yours" from this trader, he knew his copy was nowhere near complete but also knew that there was no real penalty for his actions. As we get more and more new people on the site and they start figuring this out, then you will more than likely see this more often. The Matrix match will quickly become pointless if this starts catching on.
I mean I have some disc only stuff in my library list that I could get rid of easier by listing them as complete. If I didn't go overboard doing it I would never get in trouble. I would get my points, get rid of my disc only games, and only have a few neutrals on my feedback. However, unlike this guy I'd feel like crap for doing it.

I should at least be able to block future matches with this guy so I don't get screwed by him again. I know people have mentioned this idea before and I'm starting to think it's a good idea too.

By the way, in case anyone is wondering who this guy is his name is ... watch what you get from this guy.

[quote name='erock']My take on this, is that I'm not sure this is completely fair to the buyer in this situation. If the buyer specifies they only want a complete package, then the seller is misrepresenting what he is offering. Generally, I'm of the opinion I want the game to play, so the other stuff is not important to me. But, if I'm given the option to choose buy or not, based on completeness of the game, the seller should be obligated to honor their end of the deal. I think the buyer is being unfairly penalized here. If they really want the complete package and are sent disc only, their only way to recoup from the transaction is to relist the game, have someone request it. Then get matched and traded with another copy.[/quote]

Agreed.
And... what about in cases where the product is marketed specifically as having a certain accessory, i.e. Dance Dance Revolution with Mat, Eye Toy Groove with Camera, Point Blank with Guncon, or Guitar Hero with Guitar... if you request full and it doesn't come with the accessory, being essential part of the gameplay, would neutral feedback suffice when the buyer is out points and left with a game that is near unplayable without having to purchase an accessory to go with it?
It just seems it would put the buyer at a lot of hassle if such were to occur, with little penalty to the sender other than a slap on the wrist.
Then again, perhaps I'm overlooking something.

[quote name='cheapfrag']I have CoD:UO available complete but alas I'm 6th in line.

You could also buy it new from Best Buy for $9.99 (or $4.99 after Gamepro coupon)[/QUOTE]

yeah I totally wish I could get matched with you. I just have to hope my next match is a good one.

About Best Buy, I haven't had the best luck using coupons like that. For whatever reason I always get the loser who calls over the manager and then they find a reason to not allow it. I hate Best Buy:lol:

[quote name='AnotherStereotype']Agreed.
And... what about in cases where the product is marketed specifically as having a certain accessory, i.e. Dance Dance Revolution with Mat, Eye Toy Groove with Camera, Point Blank with Guncon, or Guitar Hero with Guitar... if you request full and it doesn't come with the accessory, being essential part of the gameplay, would neutral feedback suffice when the buyer is out points and left with a game that is near unplayable without having to purchase an accessory to go with it?
It just seems it would put the buyer at a lot of hassle if such were to occur, with little penalty to the sender other than a slap on the wrist.
Then again, perhaps I'm overlooking something.[/QUOTE]

This is what scares me the most out of this discussion. I'm matched with guitar hero. I purposly listed full package in order to get the guitar. If the game is delivered without a guitar, i'm out 1000 points. Then if i relist it to try the process over I'm in the situation of listing a game I know does not have a guitar...but not a good way to indicate that. And the penalty to the seller is essentally nothing.

Additionally, with a few exceptions, this is a purposful, willful action. The seller has a lot to gain listing to trade the game quickly, but really no penalty. I'm not concerned about the penalty, but the buyer is indeed penalized in this example transaction.

Is there something wrong with the PS3 availability list? Games don't seem to be moving at all. For example, Fight Night Round 3 has been listed for quite some time yet my place in the queue has not budged.

[quote name='erock']This is what scares me the most out of this discussion. I'm matched with guitar hero. I purposly listed full package in order to get the guitar. If the game is delivered without a guitar, i'm out 1000 points. Then if i relist it to try the process over I'm in the situation of listing a game I know does not have a guitar...but not a good way to indicate that. And the penalty to the seller is essentally nothing.

Additionally, with a few exceptions, this is a purposful, willful action. The seller has a lot to gain listing to trade the game quickly, but really no penalty. I'm not concerned about the penalty, but the buyer is indeed penalized in this example transaction.[/quote]

If you get it without the guitar I would mark it as game does not work if I were in your shoes get your credits back and stick it to the buyer. Especially because without the guitar it really doesnt "work"

[quote name='ManChowder']yeah I totally wish I could get matched with you. I just have to hope my next match is a good one.

About Best Buy, I haven't had the best luck using coupons like that. For whatever reason I always get the loser who calls over the manager and then they find a reason to not allow it. I hate Best Buy:lol:[/QUOTE]

funny thing about those best buy coupons,. over the weekend this young kid was in front of me trying to use on of the copies probally off this site. The worker looked at it and called the managaer. The kid took off running right out the door like they were going to call the cops or something on them. The look on the cashiers face was funny as hell.

[quote name='magiic']If you get it without the guitar I would mark it as game does not work if I were in your shoes get your credits back and stick it to the buyer. Especially because without the guitar it really doesnt "work"[/quote]

I was matched for the Guitar Hero 2 bundle a few times...luckily they happened when I was out of trade credits. I had plenty of points and trade credits during a small time period but was never matched again. I'd be aghast if I paid 900/1000 for a guitar-less Guitar Hero 2 bundle and got a 600 point GH2 game instead.

Is anyone else having a problem getting feedback. I ship first class with delivery confirmation. I know when a game gets to the buyer. 4 out of the 4 games I've sent out I've had to send an email two days later and ask the buyer to close out the deal with feedback.

I usually ship next day and I send an email with the delivery confirmation number so the buyer knows to be on the lookout. Don't you think it would be nice of the buyer to promptly give feedback? I'm not asking for a tip or anything special...just positive feedback to free up a trade slot...

Thanks for letting me vent!!!

I agree with others on the accessory, I'm sure some games work fine without that component, but buyers requesting complete want the game and accessory, not just the game. I don't know how some sellers feel comfortable doing that or maybe it is just me, but I can't even bring myself to listing a greatest hits version of Hot Shots Golf for PSP...

For me, I probably end up contacting the seller and attempt to work something out (if they accidentally listed in the wrong area), otherwise I would just neg, leave the feedback, wait for the points to come back, then send it back to the seller with delivery confirmation. My reasoning, if you did know and you sent it, you deserve the feedback and the warning is for others to know what happened. Too bad we can't see feedback when a request is made so we can be certain whether or not to accept from the seller or not.

Cheers :)

[quote name='ntilasi']Is anyone else having a problem getting feedback. I ship first class with delivery confirmation. I know when a game gets to the buyer. 4 out of the 4 games I've sent out I've had to send an email two days later and ask the buyer to close out the deal with feedback.

I usually ship next day and I send an email with the delivery confirmation number so the buyer knows to be on the lookout. Don't you think it would be nice of the buyer to promptly give feedback? I'm not asking for a tip or anything special...just positive feedback to free up a trade slot...

Thanks for letting me vent!!![/quote]

I think leaving feedback two days after receiving the game is fair since gamers have to check to see whether the game actually works or not. I've had a used game (not from goozex) lock up on me after a certain level. If I had sent a feedback as soon as I received a game and found it not to be working, then I would have to email goozex to change the feedback and such. While their time is appreciated helping the users of the site, their time would be better spent improving the site.

Sending a reminder at least three days after confirmation of shipment sounds reasonable.

Ooh, someone's getting condemned from me, thank goodness it's been a while. I also got the original halo in a trade. I wonder why I sold it off before? Anyway, I'm exercising a hindu cow's patience with crackdown.

haha I added GHII bundle for 360 and it didnt even give me my place in the que. It just said "Long time" I laughed out loud.

I wait at least 2 days before sending a feedback reminder email. That should give people enough time to check it out.

If it is going to lock up on a later level, that's a risk we all take buying games...

GOOZEX - as the seller do we have any recourse for buyers who don't send timely feedback(or don't send feedback at all)? As a new user if I send out a few games I could effectively lock up all my trades waiting for feedback...right?

I leave feedback the same day I receive.
Thanks Bob for the unopened Star Trek - Tip was given happily.

PC Games - there does not seem to be alot available.

Lastly - Are you all paying the $1 for more trades? Or is it still free?

Matthew

[quote name='magiic']I am so pissed off. Canada Post raised the cost to ship to the states by a buck it now costs 4 something instead if 3.17 :mad:[/quote]

U.S. shipping rates go up next week as well.

[quote name='simpsonps121']I leave feedback the same day I receive.

Matthew[/quote]

I haven't paid for trade credits in a while...I've been referring new members instead.

[quote name='magiic']haha I added GHII bundle for 360 and it didnt even give me my place in the que. It just said "Long time" I laughed out loud.[/quote]

I'm 15th in line for that one...I've moved up 4 slots in the last week, so it's moving along quickly enough :) Have hope!

In other news, someone committed to sending me a GH2 bundle for PS2. That guitar controller had damn well better be in there...

[quote name='TahoeMax']I'm 15th in line for that one...I've moved up 4 slots in the last week, so it's moving along quickly enough :) Have hope!

In other news, someone committed to sending me a GH2 bundle for PS2. That guitar controller had damn well better be in there...[/QUOTE]

Well you can thank me because I have around 12th and I deleted mine due to the fact that my girl purchased the game for me.

[quote name='ntilasi']
GOOZEX - as the seller do we have any recourse for buyers who don't send timely feedback(or don't send feedback at all)? As a new user if I send out a few games I could effectively lock up all my trades waiting for feedback...right?[/quote] When it times out the seller is automatically given positive feedback.

I think the buyer should be given a few days to put in feedback. The seller has lots of time to accept a trade and ship it out, it's only fair to give the buyers some time to leave feedback.

[quote name='Rictor']U.S. shipping rates go up next week as well.[/QUOTE]

they did make it cheaper for each additional ounce though so most things we ship in regards to Goozex will actually be cheaper :)

[quote name='magiic']I still can't believe it costs me $4.11 to ship to the states and $8.58 to ship to Canada.[/QUOTE]

neither can i, how heavy was the package and what rate did you choose?

[quote name='ughpaul']neither can i, how heavy was the package and what rate did you choose?[/quote]
CP Light Packet to the USA 175g - $4.11
CP Xpress Post to Canada (only because it's like 70 cents more expensive than standard parcel 175g - $8.52

edit: turns out it's not flat rate to Canada, mailing Secret of Mana to Toronto is going to cost me $10.03 (via regular parcel, not xpresspost)

[quote name='simpsonps121']I leave feedback the same day I receive.

Matthew[/quote]

Matthew, you are quite welcome. I have a bunch of PC games in my trade list if you are interested.

I am down to my last free trade. I guess a $1 for a trade is cool.

Hey everyone!

Let me get some questions then respond to comments and then next post will have April CAG Promo Winners!

stolazi -- you will get two emails before the system times out. The first lets you know that you have 7 days left to report feedback. The second lets you know that you 3 days left to report feedback. If ever the system closes and you still have not received a game...then you can email us a request to refund your points.

ntilasi -- as a seller that faces a buyer who doesn't report feedback the system will automatically close the trade and give you positive feedback and advance your feedback score.

Thanks for the comments on neutral feedback! Just to throw out ideas, would it help out a lot if you could contact the seller before he can commit? One challenge for us is how much time do we allow the seller to be hung up waiting for a buyer to send a PM about a trade.

As for games with accessories. Games like Guitar Hero II for 360 puts us in a weird position. We literally do not have from our content provider the two ways to post the game (1. with guitar 2. without guitar) -- This option is available for the PS2 version. One option is to completely remove the game from our system. The other option is to take it on a case by case basis.

Up next are the Goozex CAG April Promo Winners!

***GOOZEX CAG APRIL PROMO WINNERS!***

Xbox 360 games bundle winner -- panzer (MD)
Wii games bundle winner -- Forgrim (NY)
PS3 game winner -- folkland (CA)
PS2 games bundle winner -- ArvDogg36 (ND)
PSP games bundle winner -- pcktlnt (CA)

Congratulations to everyone and we'll have a new promotion on CAG soon!

[quote name='Goozex']Hey everyone!

Let me get some questions then respond to comments and then next post will have April CAG Promo Winners!

stolazi -- you will get two emails before the system times out. The first lets you know that you have 7 days left to report feedback. The second lets you know that you 3 days left to report feedback. If ever the system closes and you still have not received a game...then you can email us a request to refund your points.

ntilasi -- as a seller that faces a buyer who doesn't report feedback the system will automatically close the trade and give you positive feedback and advance your feedback score.

Thanks for the comments on neutral feedback! Just to throw out ideas, would it help out a lot if you could contact the seller before he can commit? One challenge for us is how much time do we allow the seller to be hung up waiting for a buyer to send a PM about a trade.

As for games with accessories. Games like Guitar Hero II for 360 puts us in a weird position. We literally do not have from our content provider the two ways to post the game (1. with guitar 2. without guitar) -- This option is available for the PS2 version. One option is to completely remove the game from our system. The other option is to take it on a case by case basis.

Up next are the Goozex CAG April Promo Winners![/QUOTE]

For Guitar Hero II 360, if it's listed as complete it better come with the controller. If it's listed as disk only or disk plus manual, then there's no expectation of getting the controller, regardless of what it's listed as. Seems to me the matrix still applies to this item.

[quote name='Goozex']

[/QUOTE]

I don't see that as a great advantage. The matrix is pretty clear about what the expectation of the seller is. If they fail to ship what is promised they misrepresented their product.

[quote name='Goozex']

[/QUOTE]

I think the expectation is pretty clear. The game is called Guitar hero (game and guitar bundle). If a seller lists that (especially if they list it as complete) they need to include the guitar. If it was listed the other way and not specified as a bundle then the expectation should not be to include the guitar.

[quote name='Goozex']***GOOZEX CAG APRIL PROMO WINNERS!***

Xbox 360 games bundle winner -- panzer (MD)
Wii games bundle winner -- Forgrim (NY)
PS3 game winner -- folkland (CA)
PS2 games bundle winner -- ArvDogg36 (ND)
PSP games bundle winner -- pcktlnt (CA)

Congratulations to everyone and we'll have a new promotion on CAG soon![/quote]

OMG? I won? This is the best news I've had since the past two weeks. This totally made my week. :hot:

i've never won anything either til today...nice indeed...although ill be honest with the caggroup and say...i swear i sent an email to put me in the xbox 360 contest (since i enrolled like 2 days after the first of the month, i had to send an email), but i'll live with the wii games! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I finally got a mtch after 4 long months of waiting. This is what it says
"Match! Your request is waiting confirmation from the seller." Its been saying that for almost 4 days now. Did i get matched up with a inactive user or something?

[quote name='forgrim']i've never won anything either til today...nice indeed...although ill be honest with the caggroup and say...i swear i sent an email to put me in the xbox 360 contest (since i enrolled like 2 days after the first of the month, i had to send an email), but i'll live with the wii! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee[/QUOTE]

Were you after a wii?

If not seriously give it a try and post your response in the wii forum after playing it for a bit.

[quote name='forgrim']i've never won anything either til today...nice indeed...although ill be honest with the caggroup and say...i swear i sent an email to put me in the xbox 360 contest (since i enrolled like 2 days after the first of the month, i had to send an email), but i'll live with the wii! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee[/QUOTE]

uh you know your not actually getting a Wii

your getting games for the Wii

i know, i just reread that and it does sound like i expect the wii hahaha, i just rather woulda played GoW then elebits, but then again, never played it before so might as well try it now

ok i haven't received a game and i received a email today i got 7 days to report feedback. So do i report bad feedback when i have 1 day left?

If i dont get the game how do i get my points back?

wait till you have like one or two days left. Then leave negative as game not recieved and you'll get your points and trade credit back. Easy as pie.

I got matched in a trade with a User that had at least a few negative feedbacks of not sending out games from well over a month ago... It has been about 9 days and I havent seen the game or heard anything.

Why is this person not banned by now?

bread's done
Back