New Goozex Thread v2.5 -- Promo Details Given Here

I mean if you agree to mail it on a certain date, you should do it otherwise not accept the date. I guess I am just really a man of my word. So leave a positive instead of neutral then. I will just leave a note maybe I guess. I was curious as it was the first game I got from someone.

[quote name='SmellsLikeRandyMossGuy']I mean if you agree to mail it on a certain date, you should do it otherwise not accept the date. I guess I am just really a man of my word. So leave a positive instead of neutral then. I will just leave a note maybe I guess. I was curious as it was the first game I got from someone.[/QUOTE]

Life gets in the way. Goozex only gives you a window of 3 days. If I accept on a Saturday for instance, I have to pretty much send it out on Monday or it's late.

Im dealing with someone right now who mailed it three or four days late. Sent me angry harassing message and as long as the game does eventually get here in one piece I will still leave positive feedback. I will just make sure to comment on his attitude and slow shipping

I'm experiencing what some other people have when the request times out. I was 1 on the list but now I'm 6 after the request timed out...shouldn't I be back at 1. Just bugging me, but if say I was thrown to queue 35, etc, I would be really mad. At the moment I'm wondering why I'm placed 6 instead of 1.

Can i request that marvel ultimate alliance gold be put up in goozex. I want that game badly but i dont see it when i search. I just see the regular version

I have a question about listing and availability. I saw a game in my library as being requested for 1 as disc and manual, and there are no disc+manual requested, so I changed mine to disc+manual, but I'm still waiting in line. Shouldn't I automatically match up with the only person requesting my game in that condition?

[quote name='indigo0086']I have a question about listing and availability. I saw a game in my library as being requested for 1 as disc and manual, and there are no disc+manual requested, so I changed mine to disc+manual, but I'm still waiting in line. Shouldn't I automatically match up with the only person requesting my game in that condition?[/QUOTE]

You wont be match if

1. the person doesnt have enough pts
2. the person doesnt have enough Credit credits
3. the person doesnt have an open trade slot (if they are new)

so probally its one of the 3 your not being matched

Ok, I JUST recieved the game that I had put negative feedback for not recieving (it's been over two weeks btw), and when I got it the disk is scratched to all hell. This is why I spring for first class packaging, it's in a clip envelope and that's it. Do I just have it returned to sender?

well just got back from having been gone and away from a computer all weekend and my copy of Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance came in the mail while I was away

except its just a greatest hits copy of Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty >_<

also seems I've had my first game sent go missing in the mail :whistle2:( guy I sent Longest Journey to seems to have never received it, damn USPS >_< (though he only waited two weeks, I've had stuff take until right before the system will void it to show up, guess he's just not patient)

Another question that hasn't been answered, how do arcade games work on goozex. I see "available" for arcade games and such, how does that come into play. Do thye just e-mail you the point code?

[quote name='indigo0086']Ok, I JUST recieved the game that I had put negative feedback for not recieving (it's been over two weeks btw), and when I got it the disk is scratched to all hell. This is why I spring for first class packaging, it's in a clip envelope and that's it. Do I just have it returned to sender?[/QUOTE]

Well technically, if you receive the game and it does play ok for you, then Goozex would want you to leave possitive feedback.

[quote name='GrayWolf323']well just got back from having been gone and away from a computer all weekend and my copy of Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance came in the mail while I was away

except its just a greatest hits copy of Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty >_<
[/quote]

The SAME exact thing happened to me; I left a neutral and still got my points back when I talked to Goozex. Muze has the incorrect image of MGS2: Substance listed. Any one would be ecstatic to receive 200 points for sending out a game worth

[quote name='Caliburn']The SAME exact thing happened to me; I left a neutral and still got my points back when I talked to Goozex. Muze has the incorrect image of MGS2: Substance listed. Any one would be ecstatic to receive 200 points for sending out a game worth

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Well technically, if you receive the game and it does play ok for you, then Goozex would want you to leave possitive feedback.[/quote] The game is so scratched up i doubt it will play by the time I get to it (I'm still on the first game of the series) and I dread if I send it back I will get the same reaction. A game shouldn't just be about how it plays but how it will hold up. The person obviously didn't take care of it or didn't ensure that it will last the shipping process, they just threw it in an envelope with a 69 cent stamp, and by the time it got to me was correction, three weeks.

[quote name='indigo0086']The game is so scratched up i doubt it will play by the time I get to it (I'm still on the first game of the series) and I dread if I send it back I will get the same reaction. A game shouldn't just be about how it plays but how it will hold up. The person obviously didn't take care of it or didn't ensure that it will last the shipping process, they just threw it in an envelope with a 69 cent stamp, and by the time it got to me was correction, three weeks.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. But if you take a look at this thread, that is often the advice Goozex gives. Maybe write Goozex and email explaining the situation and this way you get your points back and the sender doesn't get punished (assuming Goozex thinks he fulfilled his part of the trade).

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']I agree with you. But if you take a look at this thread, that is often the advice Goozex gives. Maybe write Goozex and email explaining the situation and this way you get your points back and the sender doesn't get punished (assuming Goozex thinks he fulfilled his part of the trade).[/quote] I sent the email yesterday but haven't gotten a response. I sent 3 pms to the trader over the course of the trade to confirm if they sent it without a response, I don't think I could have done it any more differently, the person didn't respond so I assumed they scammed me for some points. Now that I got the game I'm not any less disappointed with the trade.

hey magiic do you use the same name on goozex. if so i think you matched for harvest moon on the ds

I will have it out by friday. maybe sooner if i can get past a post office (good chance it might be thursday)

anyone know if you can use DC on the cheaper way to send to canada

hopefully it doesnt cost that much to ship to canada or is that hard. I remember a few years ago sending a game to Turkey and it was a pain in the ass filling out forms lol

[quote name='slidecage']hey magiic do you use the same name on goozex. if so i think you matched for harvest moon on the ds

I will have it out by friday. maybe sooner if i can get past a post office (good chance it might be thursday)

hopefully it doesnt cost that much to ship to canada or is that hard. I remember a few years ago sending a game to Turkey and it was a pain in the ass filling out forms lol[/QUOTE]

I think you cannot use DC for Canada. The form is simple, you just put in the weight, which is usually 5 oz. and say it is a gift for someone. It's a little more than shipping something to the US, but really not a deal breaker.

I'm confused.

I signed up a couple days ago and added 4 games to my library.
Two of those games came back with matches and I accepted them both.
I only have the one free trade credit in my account.

So, what will happen if I send out both games? Or do the trade credits only matter if I'm receiving the game?

Edt: After reading around it looks like the credits only count for incoming trades.

[quote name='slidecage']hey magiic do you use the same name on goozex. if so i think you matched for harvest moon on the ds

hopefully it doesnt cost that much to ship to canada or is that hard. I remember a few years ago sending a game to Turkey and it was a pain in the ass filling out forms lol[/quote]

ya thats me, you won't be able to DC unfortunately. However shipping should be less $2 or $3 at the most, that's how much the sticker usually says it costs when I recieve them.

Here's an interesting situation:

I requested the Megaman X Collection for the PS2 and got matched. I received the package yesterday and to my surprise, Wario Smooth Moves is inside. I'm thinking, wow! That's really nice of him to send me an 800 point game for 300 points :D

So I checked his feedback and of course, the other user left him a neutral saying he got a PS2 game instead of the Wario game he requested. I pm'ed him and let him know he mixed up the games.

Now what should be the next course of action? I don't want to pay to ship the game to the other guy and I also want to be sure I get my game back. Any suggestions? And if any of you are either the seller or the person expecting Wario, send me a PM.

^ ouch that must suck for the sender and the other guy.

I was very careful when sending out my two games because I did not want to make that mistake.

I signed up for Goozex because of the CAG contest and I see tey have 360 Live Arcade games for trade. I know some games had codes from the camera or whatever, but they have Castlevania and some other games I've never seen bundled. Any idea how this works?

[quote name='SmellsLikeRandyMossGuy']I mean if you agree to mail it on a certain date, you should do it otherwise not accept the date. I guess I am just really a man of my word. So leave a positive instead of neutral then. I will just leave a note maybe I guess. I was curious as it was the first game I got from someone.[/quote]

Expect all your games to be shipped late. Out of the 100-200 games I've got from Goozex, 90-95% were shipped 3-14 days after the agreed date. Very few people ship on time...I almost always ship 3 days BEFORE the date I'm supposed to. Very few people on the site seem to have the courtesy to ship on time. At this point, I'm usually just happy to get the game at all. I think about 5% of my trades have been deadbeats over the last year, especially when it comes to rare games. For example, I've been matched for Ogre Battle on PS1 2 or 3 times at 1,000 points and it's never been sent to me. Just know that Goozex is very good about giving you your points back if the game doesn't arrive or it arrives damaged.

My only problem with the Goozex Guarantee at this point is that you don't get any refund when you request a complete game and receive a cart or disc-only game instead. I don't think they address the fact that a disc-only copy of a game that's worth $50 complete is probably only worth $20-30. For example, a complete copy of a most PSX RPGs in the $50 range are worth significantly less if they are disc-only. I don't think people deserve neutral feedback for lying about the completeness of their games...it should be a negative. And I should be able to go to their home and bitch slap them a few times.

[quote name='Rictor']Expect all your games to be shipped late. Out of the 100-200 games I've got from Goozex, 90-95% were shipped 3-14 days after the agreed date. Very few people ship on time...I almost always ship 3 days BEFORE the date I'm supposed to. Very few people on the site seem to have the courtesy to ship on time. At this point, I'm usually just happy to get the game at all. I think about 5% of my trades have been deadbeats over the last year, especially when it comes to rare games. For example, I've been matched for Ogre Battle on PS1 2 or 3 times at 1,000 points and it's never been sent to me. Just know that Goozex is very good about giving you your points back if the game doesn't arrive or it arrives damaged.

My only problem with the Goozex Guarantee at this point is that you don't get any refund when you request a complete game and receive a cart or disc-only game instead. I don't think they address the fact that a disc-only copy of a game that's worth $50 complete is probably only worth $20-30. For example, a complete copy of a most PSX RPGs in the $50 range are worth significantly less if they are disc-only. I don't think people deserve neutral feedback for lying about the completeness of their games...it should be a negative. And I should be able to go to their home and bitch slap them a few times.[/QUOTE]

of the 60 or 70 games i shipped out maybe 1 time i shipped after the 3 day window. I take the days as business days (so if the 3rd day is sunday i have till monday to ship)

I always try to ship on time cause all someone has to say is they never got it and then your #$#$#$ cause you shipped late.

harvest moon Ds went out today and was shocked when the counter person said it could take 7 to 21 days to get to canada ... Dude your just a few states away. Its not like im sending it to japan (it probally take 3 months then LOL)

lol wow I'll be impressed if it takes that long to get here. Most games take a week and a bit if that. However when shit does arrive late I am always good about getting the feedback corrected. What I love is the guy who went apeshit on me because I left him negative because he mailed late and it wasn't here on time, his game still isn't here. It's been like a month now. Maybe I should e-mail and ask him what the deal is.

EDIT: one thing I just thought of, goozex reeeeally needs a button that puts all games on hold

I really hate the feedback system. I got a game today. It took like 2 weeks to get here. I asked the guy in a pm if he sent it by the agreed upon date and he said yes. Well I look at the postage and he waited like 8 or 9 days to send it. I wish I could leave him a neutral or bad for that since he pretty much lied to me.

[quote name='SmellsLikeRandyMossGuy']I really hate the feedback system. I got a game today. It took like 2 weeks to get here. I asked the guy in a pm if he sent it by the agreed upon date and he said yes. Well I look at the postage and he waited like 8 or 9 days to send it. I wish I could leave him a neutral or bad for that since he pretty much lied to me.[/quote]

Some people are just plain old lazy. I have mailed only one game late and it was only late by a day. Everything I have mailed on time or early.

I usually mail within my 3 day period. If I can't I always message the user letting them know what's going on. I live in the sticks and sometimes don't have packing materials or what not on hand, but I usually try to keep stocked up and ship in a reasonable time frame. If I can do it in podunkia Iowa, someone in any reasonable populated area aught to be able to ship on tymo.

[quote name='magiic']lol wow I'll be impressed if it takes that long to get here. Most games take a week and a bit if that. However when shit does arrive late I am always good about getting the feedback corrected. What I love is the guy who went apeshit on me because I left him negative because he mailed late and it wasn't here on time, his game still isn't here. It's been like a month now. Maybe I should e-mail and ask him what the deal is.

EDIT: one thing I just thought of, goozex reeeeally needs a button that puts all games on hold[/QUOTE]

i think they give those major long deadlines cause if something didnt get there is a week people would be coming in complaining saying

You said it be there in 7 days....

i think i shipped games to canada before (outside goozex) and it took little less then a week few years back

Just got my first neg today. More than likely someone just looking for a free game. Says the disk is unplayable because it has a big scratch around it (caused by the 360 drive ,it's a perfect circle, the disk came like that). I think the reciever was just looking for a free copy (it's a 1000 point game) because I played the game pretty extensively before I sent it off so I know it worked perfectly. I think Im probably done with goozex now because I mostly send out higher point games and I dont want to send out Super Paper Mario and have the reciever neg me and be out 950 points. Oh well, the site was a lot of fun, and is a very good idea. I just don't want to get burned.

[quote name='magiic']Just got my first neg today. More than likely someone just looking for a free game. Says the disk is unplayable because it has a big scratch around it (caused by the 360 drive ,it's a perfect circle, the disk came like that). I think the reciever was just looking for a free copy (it's a 1000 point game) because I played the game pretty extensively before I sent it off so I know it worked perfectly. I think Im probably done with goozex now because I mostly send out higher point games and I dont want to send out Super Paper Mario and have the reciever neg me and be out 950 points. Oh well, the site was a lot of fun, and is a very good idea. I just don't want to get burned.[/QUOTE]

that is one bad thing about trading games. I traded with a local game trader and years ago i traded Persona 1 for the psx. 2 weeks later the dude calls me up and says

YOU TRADED ME A GAME And its broken all to hell (had a crack from the inside middle all the way out to the outer edge) This game was in perfect shape when i traded it in BUT all they did was swap out their broken one and said i gave them a broken one. It was funny it took them 2 weeks to find out the disc was crack....

There is really no way to prove you didnt send or sell a broken disc and it just sucks.

at least your protected here and you do get your pts.

Just had a trade match with a user named yababyman which I'm 100% positive is a scammer. Here's a copy of the PM yababyman (Not The Goozex Team, :lol:) sent to me only 15 minutes after the match:
[quote name='yababyman']Dear Troz1820
There has been a slight delay in youre video game (Dora the Explorer). Yababyman has confirmed with us that the mailing process of this game will take a while longer than expected due to post office delay. In order for you to recieve this video game, and Yababyman to get his Goozex points, we need you to please respond with positive feedback before you recieve the game as soon as possible, so that the transaction can go through easy and with no problems. We are very sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely
the Goozex Team[/quote]
I've already sent a message off to Goozex about this but I just wanted to remind everyone here of this. I know I've read about this scam before from a few different users here.

[quote name='Troz1820']Just had a trade match with a user named yababyman which I'm 100% positive is a scammer. Here's a copy of the PM yababyman (Not The Goozex Team, :lol:) sent to me only 15 minutes after the match:

I've already sent a message off to Goozex about this but I just wanted to remind everyone here of this. I know I've read about this scam before from a few different users here.[/quote]

thats brutal, he needs to be shut down ASAP

[quote name='Troz1820']Just had a trade match with a user named yababyman which I'm 100% positive is a scammer. Here's a copy of the PM yababyman (Not The Goozex Team, :lol:) sent to me only 15 minutes after the match:

I've already sent a message off to Goozex about this but I just wanted to remind everyone here of this. I know I've read about this scam before from a few different users here.[/QUOTE]

Please send an email to help at goozex dot com at your earliest convenience. This must be stopped immediately.

Does Goozex send an email when you are matched? I was matched for Super Paper Mario and never got an email. I only found out when I went to my account and noticed points were deducted. If not, it would be nice to have an email sent when you have been matched with a sender.

[quote name='iazybandit']Does Goozex send an email when you are matched? I was matched for Super Paper Mario and never got an email. I only found out when I went to my account and noticed points were deducted. If not, it would be nice to have an email sent when you have been matched with a sender.[/QUOTE]

When you are matched the game is not coming to you yet. Matched means someone has your game and that person received an emailing asking if they wanted to send their game out to you. If they agree then you will get an email telling you the game is on the way.

[quote name='magiic']Just got my first neg today. More than likely someone just looking for a free game. Says the disk is unplayable because it has a big scratch around it (caused by the 360 drive ,it's a perfect circle, the disk came like that). I think the reciever was just looking for a free copy (it's a 1000 point game) because I played the game pretty extensively before I sent it off so I know it worked perfectly. I think Im probably done with goozex now because I mostly send out higher point games and I dont want to send out Super Paper Mario and have the reciever neg me and be out 950 points. Oh well, the site was a lot of fun, and is a very good idea. I just don't want to get burned.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that you don't lose your points on Goozex if you are negged. You may if it happens often, I think.

Keep a bottle of Wipe Out CD repair, I've had that bring back to life the deathlyest looking disks from the hands of children. While I tend to take great care of my disks I have no expectation of disk coming to be in that great of shape. This is Goozex, not collectablesX. Why is it when something great comes along some sleazeball has to come along and try and set up a scam?

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']I'm pretty sure that you don't lose your points on Goozex if you are negged. You may if it happens often, I think.[/quote]
Under the new system if you get a negative your account is put on probabation and you only get your points if you recieve a positive again. I don't want to risk sending out Super Paper Mario and have it get lost or the reciever be a douche and lose my points.

EDIT: Im pretty sure the guy who negged me just wanted to use that scratch as the excuse for a free game. It's been 24 hours now and I offered him the option of sending me the broken one (shouldnt cost more than $2.50) and I will go out and get him another copy so I can get the positive and this guy still hasnt responded. I hate douchbaggery like this.

I have shipped out late a couple of times. Mainly just because I forgot I was suppose to send out. But I always contact the other person and let them know. I also always track the packages.

Matthew

[quote name='lurknomore']Please send an email to help at goozex dot com at your earliest convenience. This must be stopped immediately.[/QUOTE]
Already did last night. I've only gotten the automated response.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']When you are matched the game is not coming to you yet. Matched means someone has your game and that person received an emailing asking if they wanted to send their game out to you. If they agree then you will get an email telling you the game is on the way.[/QUOTE]
I know it doesnt meant that its shipping out but waiting for acceptance from sender. But it would be nice to get an email to let you know that you got matched and that your points have been taken away even if its temporarily. At least this would inform users and they can check their account if they have enough points for other games.

[quote name='magiic']Under the new system if you get a negative your account is put on probabation and you only get your points if you recieve a positive again. I don't want to risk sending out Super Paper Mario and have it get lost or the reciever be a douche and lose my points.

EDIT: Im pretty sure the guy who negged me just wanted to use that scratch as the excuse for a free game. It's been 24 hours now and I offered him the option of sending me the broken one (shouldnt cost more than $2.50) and I will go out and get him another copy so I can get the positive and this guy still hasnt responded. I hate douchbaggery like this.[/QUOTE]

But I love the word douchbaggery. :cool:

bread's done
Back