New Goozex Thread v2.5 -- Promo Details Given Here

Well to be honest I take good care of my games but if I get them from wherever and they play I'm not one to complain. I usually keep a bottle of Wipe-Out around incase I get a funkadelic disk.

[quote name='indigo0086']Here's a tip. DON'T SEND SCRATCHED GAMES. Either that or take care of them. I have received two scratched games for ps2, neither of which I can test for a large duration of time because I'm still playing their prequels (ratched and clank: Going commando and jak III). There really should be some standards set with what kind of games are sent. Either that or people need to look at the damned things before they send them out (let alone add them to their library list). I have quite a few xbox 1 games, none of which have scratches like the ones I'm getting. This is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

never happen cause one persons 1 scratch is another person "this game is junk and i dont want it game"

[quote name='slidecage']never happen cause one persons 1 scratch is another person "this game is junk and i dont want it game"[/quote] I'm not talking about one scratch, I'm talking about a surface laced with scratches. No matter how much it supposedly plays, it's still a uncared for game that was sent to my house. People should be able to use judgement on these kinds of things. I've gotten some old games in better condition than the ones I have got recently.

[quote name='McToots'](username = squidget)[/QUOTE]

You're squidget on Goozex? We matched on sending me MUA: Gold Edition :applause:

[quote name='chargeup45']Question for Goozex about Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventure (GCN): there's no listing for the game with or without the GBA cable. Is it assumed to have it or not? Perhaps you could add a clarification on the game's page:

http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/itemdetail.asp?item=11622

I'll probably be putting my copy there soon (no cable), but I'll be sure to e-mail the matched member about it.[/QUOTE]

If you select full package it's expected it will come with the cable. If you select disk+manual or lower there is no expectation it will come with the cable (but you're free to send the full package sans cable). This is what I did with FF Crystal Chronicles, I listed it at disk+manual. Though the user was all annoyed it didn't come with the cable I sent what I had listed.

I wish there was a bigger queue. I have mine packed all the time, it's hard to ever get anything if you're always 2 or 3 in the line and the game never trades because of whatever reason.

Thanks for the games guys. Dragon Quest & Wario Ware are great. And I appreciate the added goodies.

@lurknomore
lol I was in the kitchen, that's my moms purse :p

Just had my first person request a cancel. Had already put the game in the package and forgot to take it to the post office when I came home and saw the request. I pm'd him earlier and this is what he said:

Subject:

The reason I want to cancel is....
.....because there are a dozen other games I'd rather have for 100 points than Spawn: The Eternal. Simple as that.

I'll agree to cancel...just think it sucks. ah well. need more games to get rid of and trade I guess. lol

[quote name='ryoga79']Just had my first person request a cancel. Had already put the game in the package and forgot to take it to the post office when I came home and saw the request. I pm'd him earlier and this is what he said:

Subject:

The reason I want to cancel is....
.....because there are a dozen other games I'd rather have for 100 points than Spawn: The Eternal. Simple as that.

I'll agree to cancel...just think it sucks. ah well. need more games to get rid of and trade I guess. lol[/QUOTE]

That's kind of a sassy reply, I probably would have still mailed it. I had someone request a cancel because they had bought the game and forgot to remove it from their request list.

[quote name='macdude22']That's kind of a sassy reply, I probably would have still mailed it. I had someone request a cancel because they had bought the game and forgot to remove it from their request list.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I read it and immediately thought "What a smart-ass......"

Ah well, maybe someone else will want my shitty games. lol

I have LOVED trading in the month of July. I have added a ton of 100 pt games to my list, and have gotten a TON of games. :)

Is there anyway we can add free trades to this site?

Here is a quick breakdown of what I see:

Problem: 100 pt games are not worth spending a $1 per trade for. (You can just buy them for $5 or so at EB.)

Problem: So there is a bunch of 100 pt games that no one is trading for.

Problem: We queu (sp?) up waiting for the bigger point games. Everyone waits, few trades are done.

Problem with free trades: It cuts goozex out of profit. I am all for profit. :)

Solution: Make cheaper games free to trade?
Solution: Make trades free after a certain amount of pts? (That way your big senders get benefits..)

Who knows, just a thought. But thanks for the free trades in July. It has been FUN!!

Matt

I bought trade credits in bulk so it was less than a dollar a trade. I don't really mind getting or sending 100 point games. I get to play games, they get to play games, maybe it's not the most efficient method for these cheep games but hey it works for me. Buck a trade for those games is still cheaper than going to lamestop and it will probably be in better condition.

Avoid cturner, that jerkass sent me a blockbuster case and the disk when I requested the full package. I didn't notice it at the time, but he has done this to other people. People like that shouldn't be allowed on Goozex, since they just waste people's time and points/money.

[quote name='simpsonps121']I have LOVED trading in the month of July. I have added a ton of 100 pt games to my list, and have gotten a TON of games. :)

Is there anyway we can add free trades to this site?

Here is a quick breakdown of what I see:

Problem: 100 pt games are not worth spending a $1 per trade for. (You can just buy them for $5 or so at EB.)

Problem: So there is a bunch of 100 pt games that no one is trading for.

Problem: We queu (sp?) up waiting for the bigger point games. Everyone waits, few trades are done.

Problem with free trades: It cuts goozex out of profit. I am all for profit. :)

Solution: Make cheaper games free to trade?
Solution: Make trades free after a certain amount of pts? (That way your big senders get benefits..)

Who knows, just a thought. But thanks for the free trades in July. It has been FUN!!

Matt[/QUOTE]

Umm i like trading for 100 pt games

say i trade a game for 700 pts what i paid 10 bucks for . I can then BUY 7 100 pt games meaning i paid around 1.66 per game

I mean i just picked up

burnout legends DS and Prince of persia DS for 100 pts each and there are around 10 more im looking for hoping they fall to 100 (though they are 150 to 200 now that is how cheap i am LOL)

I think maybe have a 50 pt game range on some of the older PS2 games that are not moving for 100 pts . then again how many people would dump their games off for 50 pts . Im sort of shocked im getting games for 100 pts. I know myself around 200 to 300 is the cut off limit that i usually mail stuff out

I really need to stop sending stuff out or start requesting a lot more stuff after these next two things that match quickly after putting them up

right now have

17,200 pts

then after listing
DS web browser sealed (though might take to ebay ---- 700 pts
Pokemon pearl hopefully in week or two listing 700 pts
WW smooth moves probally sometime next week 800 pts

If i list all of those and they go quickly i would have over 19,000 pts

after those i probally put all of my games on hold until i get down to around 10,000.....

[quote name='slidecage']Umm i like trading for 100 pt games

say i trade a game for 700 pts what i paid 10 bucks for . I can then BUY 7 100 pt games meaning i paid around 1.66 per game
[/QUOTE]

Assuming you paid for shipping on your 700 point game and the $1 trading fee for each 100 point game, you're paying around $2.75 per game.

*sigh* /startsortarant.

I just got feedback on a game today, Hotel Dusk. I think some people are just too darn picky. The plastic on the back of the case had a slice in it that was there when I bought it at Wal-mart (looked like they prolly nicked it with a box cutter). Other than that it was in excellent condition, better condition that a lot of games I get. Yea it's positive feedback still but it seems like a needless complaint. I mean the game works, the case is overall in excellent condition, I shipped it 2 days before the "ship" date. Maybe I'm just tired and in a bad mood, every user is entitled to their own opinion I suppose.
/endsortarant

Dear Alexander,

Congratulations! User reported positive feedback for the game "Hotel Dusk: Room 215" that you recently traded.

The game I received plays perfectly and the condition is as I requested, but the overall package quality is not as good as expected

Comment:
Cover was sliced along the spine, but otherwise great condition!

[quote name='macdude22']*sigh* /startsortarant.

I just got feedback on a game today, Hotel Dusk. I think some people are just too darn picky. The plastic on the back of the case had a slice in it that was there when I bought it at Wal-mart (looked like they prolly nicked it with a box cutter). Other than that it was in excellent condition, better condition that a lot of games I get. Yea it's positive feedback still but it seems like a needless complaint. I mean the game works, the case is overall in excellent condition, I shipped it 2 days before the "ship" date. Maybe I'm just tired and in a bad mood, every user is entitled to their own opinion I suppose.
/endsortarant[/QUOTE]

I would have left similar feedback. It shouldn't matter much to you since people don't look at your feedback before letting you send them a game though.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']I would have left similar feedback. It shouldn't matter much to you since people don't look at your feedback before letting you send them a game though.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, I defer that ok feedback has been met.

[quote name='SmellsLikeRandyMossGuy']Avoid cturner, that jerkass sent me a blockbuster case and the disk when I requested the full package. I didn't notice it at the time, but he has done this to other people. People like that shouldn't be allowed on Goozex, since they just waste people's time and points/money.[/QUOTE]

I remember having several games with Manual, Disk and Blockbuster cover and I just put it as Manual/Disk, or have just the Blockbuster Black Cover and Disk and have it listed as just Disk.

[quote name='SmellsLikeRandyMossGuy']Avoid cturner, that jerkass sent me a blockbuster case and the disk when I requested the full package. I didn't notice it at the time, but he has done this to other people. People like that shouldn't be allowed on Goozex, since they just waste people's time and points/money.[/QUOTE]

I sent him a message telling him he sent me the wrong stuff and he said this...

Go cry to your mom you F'ing baby...

and

I got a good laugh!

Enjoy the game.

Can we get him kicked off the service or what?

I'm curious, do you guys actually play all the games you guys request from Goozex? I traded two 360 games and picked up 7 pc games and 5 ps2 games, that I don't think I'll ever get the chance to play. (The games I requested were 100 points.) That's in addition to the backlog of other games I have purchased in store. I think I have enough video games to last me a few years at the rate I'm playing/completing them...

Cheers :)

[quote name='SmellsLikeRandyMossGuy']I sent him a message telling him he sent me the wrong stuff and he said this...

and

I got a good laugh!

Enjoy the game.

Can we get him kicked off the service or what?[/quote]

Definitely forward that to goozex and get him banned, we dont want people like him on the service.

I need help cause i dont know what to do i might be doing this wrong

Okay i listed a few games i think last night and was going to confirm today cause I knew they would match. Games matched

BUT

I know for a fact that i wont be able to get to the post office till Thursday or friday

What do i do

DO I HIT CONFIRM 3 DAYS = weds even though i know i wont be able to send until Friday 2 days later then confirm

Do i hit wait till tuesday (timing out twice then hit confirm though im tying up this persons spot for all of these days and might want something else instead

Or

Do i just say NO on the trade and put it on hold and relist it Monday

i just did the 3rd thing but i dont know if that was the right thing to do.... sure i just relist it now and hopefully the same person gets matched on it or what

I'm thinking do the 3 day option and PM the guy asking if he is ok with it being shipped late and if not you'll cancel the trade. Hows that sound?

[quote name='magiic']I'm thinking do the 3 day option and PM the guy asking if he is ok with it being shipped late and if not you'll cancel the trade. Hows that sound?[/QUOTE]

DOH!!! never thought about that.... i could of pm the dude saying i could confirm 3 days but it wouldnt ship till friday. I could pm them before accepting the trade. i probally just stick them back up later on and do that next time

thanks

[quote name='SmellsLikeRandyMossGuy']I sent him a message telling him he sent me the wrong stuff and he said this...

and

I got a good laugh!

Enjoy the game.

Can we get him kicked off the service or what?[/QUOTE]

This crap just plain sucks. His attitude shows that he probably sent you the wrong stuff intentionally.
Until Goozex comes up with a way to deal with people like that I would just report the game as not working & get your points back. The simple fact that a person can send something totally different than requested & only receive a neutral is retarded... and don't they get to keep the points?

Hell if I needed the points couldn't I just list a 1000 point game and send the person a copy of Madden 2001? If they followed the rules they would only be able to leave a neutral and be out 1000 points. I wouldn't have to worry about anything because obviously it takes a TON of infractions to get banned.

For example I'm receiving a DS game from a guy who (while he has a high feedback score) has 13 negative feedback for games not received. Even worse is his last 4 games sent out were all reported as NOT RECEIVED! Here's hoping that I actually receive something.

What would you leave if you got a game from england ???

Got a ds game

its got the england and french flag on the back and its in a big thick plastic box (like the boxes they lock the games in at some stores)

its battles of prince of persia for the ds

what feedback should i leave cause i have no use for a forgin game (i dont even know if it will play on my ds)

[quote name='slidecage']What would you leave if you got a game from england ???

Got a ds game

its got the england and french flag on the back and its in a big thick plastic box (like the boxes they lock the games in at some stores)

its battles of prince of persia for the ds

what feedback should i leave cause i have no use for a forgin game (i dont even know if it will play on my ds)[/QUOTE]

The game should play regardless since I don't believe that the DS has region protection. I would assume it's all in english so you should be able to play it, however it's still not exactly what you requested.

I'm assuming you would have to leave him a Neutral for "received the wrong game", or Negative for the game not working if it does not work in your DS. It should work so you may just need to leave the neutral. The guy really should have checked with you before sending that.

[quote name='ManChowder']The game should play regardless since I don't believe that the DS has region protection. I would assume it's all in english so you should be able to play it, however it's still not exactly what you requested.

I'm assuming you would have to leave him a Neutral for "received the wrong game", or Negative for the game not working if it does not work in your DS. It should work so you may just need to leave the neutral. The guy really should have checked with you before sending that.[/QUOTE]

might be from germany what money has the little

werid looking f

says f 12.99 on the back of the game

it's not germany all of europe uses the same money now except england I believe they still use the pounds. My guess is it's 12.99 euro or 12.99 pounds. Have you tried the game? Im sure it will work just fine.

[quote name='magiic']it's not germany all of europe uses the same money now except england I believe they still use the pounds. My guess is it's 12.99 euro or 12.99 pounds. Have you tried the game? Im sure it will work just fine.[/QUOTE]

point is i cant retrade it since its not a game people think they are getting i know i have no use for it

Just got matched with a guy with 1 prior trade with only neutral feedback as he didn't send the complete package, only the disc. I tried to be proactive and sent a PM saying to cancel if he wasn't going to ship the full package - we will see what I get. Only a 100 point game, so so biggie anyway.

I have been enjoying the service for around a month but there seem to be 3 types of members - the people that take care of games and ship them when they say they will in proper packaging, the people that ship scratched discs and generally ship late, and the scammers.

Any tips for boosting your points cheaply? I picked up a couple good games from CC clearance and traded them, but what is the secret for those of you with 10,000+ points?

[quote name='JTWise']Just got matched with a guy with 1 prior trade with only neutral feedback as he didn't send the complete package, only the disc. I tried to be proactive and sent a PM saying to cancel if he wasn't going to ship the full package - we will see what I get. Only a 100 point game, so so biggie anyway.

I have been enjoying the service for around a month but there seem to be 3 types of members - the people that take care of games and ship them when they say they will in proper packaging, the people that ship scratched discs and generally ship late, and the scammers.

Any tips for boosting your points cheaply? I picked up a couple good games from CC clearance and traded them, but what is the secret for those of you with 10,000+ points?[/QUOTE]

really there are no secrets. the only way i got this many pts is buy trading 500-1000 pts games and mostly just requesting 100 pt games

send in 1000 pt game it nets you 10 -- 100 pt games

also i had around 500 games just lying around the house collecting dust on them so i might as well trade them

Also it didnt hurt to have older sports games fetch insane prices
College hoops 2k7 got like 700pts
ncaa 2006 got like 550 pts
ect

closing in at 18k. and really there is nothing listed that i want. Now when this xmas comes i will probally blow a lot of pts on gifts LOL FREE GIFTS

I think goozex should add a little timer thing next to titles that are "matched awaiting confirmation" to tell us how long until it times out so we know when the time out will happen so we can bail on it for whatever reason if we wish to.

[quote name='magiic']I think goozex should add a little timer thing next to titles that are "matched awaiting confirmation" to tell us how long until it times out so we know when the time out will happen so we can bail on it for whatever reason if we wish to.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a good idea. In my case, I would be interested in knowing how long someone has left to accept a trade. I have been on and off in "matching awaiting confirmation" for Kingdom Hearts for almost a week. Not sure why I can't just get someone to commit to shipping it.

[quote name='JTWise']Sounds like a good idea. In my case, I would be interested in knowing how long someone has left to accept a trade. I have been on and off in "matching awaiting confirmation" for Kingdom Hearts for almost a week. Not sure why I can't just get someone to commit to shipping it.[/QUOTE]

trade matches last 24 hours and you will be match 3 times to the same seller

so 3 days

[quote name='magiic']I think goozex should add a little timer thing next to titles that are "matched awaiting confirmation" to tell us how long until it times out so we know when the time out will happen so we can bail on it for whatever reason if we wish to.[/QUOTE]

I've had one awaiting approval since Thursday of last week. Still no notice that the game shipped. Sent Goozex an email to check it out. If it timed out I want my points back.

[quote name='slidecage']trade matches last 24 hours and you will be match 3 times to the same seller

so 3 days[/quote]

We want to know exactly when the 24 hour times out tough. Lately I've been wanting to cancel some games between the 24 hour periods because Im tired of the game tying up points while whoever I am matched with is out fucking the dog or something

the most ive ever gotten on goozex was 2200 point, i thought that was alot. but man, 50k?

thats not impossible to achieve though. just looking through some "available now" stuff and noticed The Darkness for 360 is 1000 points. Enchanted Arms for Ps3 is 600 points ($20 new/$18 used at EB/GS), and many more titles with high point value.

[quote name='indigo0086']I have been having a problem with goozex's support. I mailed them twice without any response, I tried pm'ing goozex here with no response Either. Either way I've had a great goozex experience as long as it's between me and a trader. Except for one case but the person isn't responding and neither is goozex so I wonder if they even care.[/quote]

they will NEVER respond to any emails. they do their jobs though, but for them to respond, thats like asking for a prophecy to come true. its probably because theres like 2 or 3 of them that answers all the emails.

[quote name='slidecage']trade matches last 24 hours and you will be match 3 times to the same seller

so 3 days[/QUOTE]

I think it should kick to a new seller, rather than 3 days on the same.

[quote name='phear3d']they will NEVER respond to any emails. they do their jobs though, but for them to respond, thats like asking for a prophecy to come true. its probably because theres like 2 or 3 of them that answers all the emails.[/QUOTE]

They just responded to my email from yesterday.
Clarifying the confirmation period for a seller.

For whatever reason it seems spam filters can be overly aggressive with email from goozex. Eating some and leaving others, it may help to try emailing them from an alternate address.

[quote name='phear3d']they will NEVER respond to any emails. they do their jobs though, but for them to respond, thats like asking for a prophecy to come true. its probably because theres like 2 or 3 of them that answers all the emails.[/QUOTE]

AFAIK, there are only three people behind Goozex, and I think they may be overwhelmed between e-mail and the administrativa of running the business. Posting here or PMing Goozex on CAG are slightly more reliable methods to get a response.

You might also try posting on the forums on the Goozex site. I would guess they read those forums regularly -- and those have moderators whom the Goozex guys are in regular contact with.

Hey everyone. Now is a good time to pop up here again...after a long time away.

A few quick points about email and our response.

1. We have our own help forums at Goozex...if it is a non-urgent request, we recommend you go there instead of here since I am much more involved over there now. You might recognize some of our moderators too...

2. PMing me via CAG is a good way to get a quick response

3. bad trades that need a refund almost always get processed within 24 hours.

3. Depending on the situation, emailing help @ goozex may take 2 - 4 days.

Please make sure your spam filters accept emails from Goozex. We have had a lot of emails bounce back b/c of this and we cannot get around this on our end.

Also, please give us as much detail as possible and anything else that would help us speed up the process. This includes Goozex PMs, who the other member is, what game, etc.

I hope that helps.

And in the end, we are sorry if we've been unreasonably long with our help responses.

bread's done
Back