New GS Trade-in Deal starting 5/4 (Confirmed)

Rubberlegs

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Here's the skinny on the deal:

Trade-in 1 game extra 10% trade-in value
Trade-in 2 games extra 20% trade-in value
Trade-in 3 games extra 30% trade-in value
Trade-in 4 games extra 40% trade-in value

Let the good times begin. From what has been posted in this topic there are some exclusions. Thanx to all who are providing more input on this than I can provide. Good luck to everyone.

[quote name='Engineer_J']I could be wrong, but....

I was at Gamestop today and that 40% deal is BS, I could not find a single trade value above $22, so do the math, an extra 40% gives you an extra $8.80 so $30.80 or about 80 cents above the $30 they normally give with no special, what a joke, marketing like this should be illegal.

WHAT A RIP, get the same trade in but now you have to trade in 4 games sale :(

Can complain at

http://www.gamestopfeedback.com/

Telephone
1-817-424-2200

Fax
1-817-424-2062

Maybe you could put this in your topic or first message, up to you, but I asked the guy if there was anything over $22 and checked new titles like Forza, so deal just seems fake and we should complain about deceptive practices[/QUOTE]

Credit goes to Engineer_J for this info. If anyone finds out anymore info. on this please post.

[quote name='slidecage']man i hope all those games at 1.4 x trade stop work cause it means like 30+ for star wars and around 25 for hot shot fore and that dont even count the 40% bonus.[/QUOTE]

I have found this to be super accurate. Worked for every game I traded in during the trade 3 get an extra $10. I don't know if it will work as well with the current deal but everything matched up for me.

[quote name='guessed']Thanks for the update, now we know it is a general rule, not an absolute rule. Has anyone traded in a game that got higher than TradeStop x 1.4, not counting incentives like the extra $5 or 40%?[/QUOTE]

Just as a side note, I spoke to a Gamestop employee here in NYC about this Tradestop pricing thing. He told me that he wasn't aware of the connection, but that some regions can have different trade in prices depending on stock. So if they have tons of copies of even a brand new game, you may receive a lower trade in value than some other store in another region. He did mention that no game goes for less than the Tradstop price (not including this 1.4 conversion), at least as far as he is aware.

But take it for what its worth, this guy wasn't a manager or anything, but he was happy to help.

I was at Gamestop today and that 40% deal is BS, I could not find a single trade value above $22, so do the math, an extra 40% gives you an extra $8.80 so $30.80 or about 80 cents above the $30 they normally give with no special, what a joke, marketing like this should be illegal.

WHAT A RIP, get the same trade in but now you have to trade in 4 games sale :(

oh yeah - Gamestop= a bunch of a-holes.

HALO 2 LE = 21 fucking dollars. What a fantastic deal indeed. They certainly did lower the prices to counteract the deal

[quote name='Jeoff']Meh can't blame em I wouldn't want to lose money from a trade-in promotion.[/QUOTE]

then don't run the promotion, I can understand them dropping the trade in prices a little bit, but they made it so they actually come out ahead on a 40% deal, unbelieveble

if you want to complain

http://www.gamestopfeedback.com/

Telephone
1-817-424-2200

Fax
1-817-424-2062

[quote name='King of Swing']Does GameStop take trade-ins of games without manuals?[/QUOTE]

yes AFAIK, EB usually gives you a hard time if you don't

i would have expected gamestop to start dumping inventory in anticipation of the merger, i wonder if all this stock people sell to them now will be heavily discounted a few months out

(hopefully they are trying to pile up cases and isntructions so as to be as informative as eb with used games)

[quote name='lain21us']haha, your math sucks[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just realized I figured it out based on the original price of the game. whoops.

I've noticed the same thing happening with most of the GameStop `promotions'. The game prices tend to get hiked up while they're doing one of their `Buy X get 1 Free' deals. The same thing happens at the Blockbusters around me. When the Buy 2 get 1 Free deal hits, a lot of games that were originally $9.99 magically become $12.99. Wow, what a sale! (Ok, it is a `sale', but you're not getting the 33% off you would have, it's more like 15%).

I just checked Tradestop. I'm considering trading in San Andreas and Ace Combat V tomorrow to renew my Xbox Live subscription. The Tradestop value for SA was ony 8 bucks, and 12 for Ace Combat 5. WTF... they still retail for 50 bucks. Would anybody happen to know the real trade in value for them?

[quote name='Skylander7']I just checked Tradestop. I'm considering trading in San Andreas and Ace Combat V tomorrow to renew my Xbox Live subscription. The Tradestop value for SA was ony 8 bucks, and 12 for Ace Combat 5. WTF... they still retail for 50 bucks. Would anybody happen to know the real trade in value for them?[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's interesting. I trade in Dynasty Tactics for $7 and Beyond Good and Evil (GC) for $6. Guess there's too many games in stock.

Is anybody else having trouble getting with Gamestop's website? I just wanted to check for in-store game availability, but I can't get on their website for some reason.

i think will all this BS of games dropping...i might have to just take a gang of DVDs and see how much i will get. hopefully i can pull off enough credit to get a new psp game. ill check back tomorrow and let you guys know how it went

So if I trade in 4 games, I'll get 40% for each games trade in values or 40% of the total value?

I'm thinking of trading in :

Doom3 CE
Halo2 CE
Halo
Need For Speed Underground
Need For Speed Underground 2

I was told I would get $24 for Doom3 before the extra % bonus. I hope to get Digital devil Saga and Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne for those games.

[quote name='Skylander7']I just checked Tradestop. I'm considering trading in San Andreas and Ace Combat V tomorrow to renew my Xbox Live subscription. The Tradestop value for SA was ony 8 bucks, and 12 for Ace Combat 5. WTF... they still retail for 50 bucks. Would anybody happen to know the real trade in value for them?[/QUOTE]

Ace Combat 5 will get you $25.20 in credit

And just in case anyone cares:

Halo 2 CE - $29.40
Metal Gear Solid 3 - $15.40
Amplitude - $9.80

-All after the added 40%

[quote name='ViolentLee']PC games are excluded? I got a stack of PC titles released in the last year that I'm trying to get rid of. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Gamestop doesn't do trade-ins on PC games. The only chain that I know of that does is EB. If they're recent games, you might get more for them selling on amazon or half.com.

[quote name='rafissaying']i think will all this BS of games dropping...i might have to just take a gang of DVDs and see how much i will get. hopefully i can pull off enough credit to get a new psp game. ill check back tomorrow and let you guys know how it went[/QUOTE]

i thought the exact same thing, so i brought in dawn of the dead, fat albert, alien vs predator, and bourne supremecy. total with 40% deal? $14.

I traded in these games and DVDs:

Shenmue 2
Fable
Resident Evil Zero
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Rush Hour 2
Osbournes Season 1
and some other DVD

I ended up with about $50 in credit.

[quote name='World Of Games']i thought the exact same thing, so i brought in dawn of the dead, fat albert, alien vs predator, and bourne supremecy. total with 40% deal? $14.[/QUOTE]

wow, you got pwned

I'm sure you could've gotten more trading it in at a regular blockbuster..That is ridiculous if that includes the 40%

[quote name='World Of Games']i thought the exact same thing, so i brought in dawn of the dead, fat albert, alien vs predator, and bourne supremecy. total with 40% deal? $14.[/QUOTE]

I tried to trade in 8 games and I just barely got more than that. I'm better of ditching them at fye for $6-7 each, I just can't find a store that has Stella Deus. :bomb:

[quote name='shinzwei']So if I trade in 4 games, I'll get 40% for each games trade in values or 40% of the total value?
[/QUOTE]

Dude, ever heard of the distributive property? Or did you sleep through 5th grade math? It's the same amount. :)

So this deal is officially dead...

I had them print the top 8 games per platform list (the information they write on the boards), most items listed as 28-30. I then had them individually check the price on each game. Every single one went down by 6-8$, even though the form clearly stated prices valid until 5/9. So the actual gain if you reached the +40% would be about 1$ per game.

So your call marketing genius or slimey bastards!!

does anybody know what god of war would get back at gamestop? also, im a newbie in the forums. what does YMMV stand for. i know i should know, but i cant seem to figure it out. muchos graicas!!

forget that then. i was going to take my DVDs later in today, but getting $14 for all those is crap. i think this deal is just a way to get more people trading, but when you actually do the math...this deal is lame.

God of War used to get $30 (as of a week ago) but now I am guessing it would get around $22 before any percentage adjustment. The reason I know the $30 is I was in one when I guy traded it for $30

I traded in God of War today and at first with the 40 % increase it was $30.80. But they had it on the board as giving $30 for it. I brought it up to the manager and she said that the deals couldn't be combined, so I mentioned that it was deceptive advertising and could I have the number for the District Manager. She told me that wasn't necessary and I ended up getting $42 in trade in credit for it. Make sure to check the boards when trading in. The store by me still showed Chaos Theory(XB) for $30 trade in.

[quote name='glntrn99']I traded in God of War today and at first with the 40 % increase it was $30.80. But they had it on the board as giving $30 for it. I brought it up to the manager and she said that the deals couldn't be combined, so I mentioned that it was deceptive advertising and could I have the number for the District Manager. She told me that wasn't necessary and I ended up getting $42 in trade in credit for it. Make sure to check the boards when trading in. The store by me still showed Chaos Theory(XB) for $30 trade in.[/QUOTE]

i might have to take a look at that. thanks for the info

[quote name='glntrn99']I traded in God of War today and at first with the 40 % increase it was $30.80. But they had it on the board as giving $30 for it. I brought it up to the manager and she said that the deals couldn't be combined, so I mentioned that it was deceptive advertising and could I have the number for the District Manager. She told me that wasn't necessary and I ended up getting $42 in trade in credit for it. Make sure to check the boards when trading in. The store by me still showed Chaos Theory(XB) for $30 trade in.[/QUOTE]

If I tried that at one of the Gamestop's near here, they would write the number down on a piece of paper while laughing, and then probably ask me to leave the store.

[quote name='Engineer_J']I complained and got a message from the district manager, curious to see what he is going to say when I call back[/QUOTE]

Same here, It will be a waste of my time if they call me :(

That IS the real trade-in value. I was at GameCrazy yesterday (had to stop in at HWV to rent Forza).. GTA:SA was getting $6 there because they had so much in stock. NFSU2 was getting under $5 because they had about 12 used copies.

^^Just to let you know, tradestop doesn't really reflect gamestop's trade in values, at all. Rather, Tradestop rapes you, while gamestop just mildly harrases you.

[quote name='Lord Draconus777']^^Just to let you know, tradestop doesn't really reflect gamestop's trade in values, at all. Rather, Tradestop rapes you, while gamestop just mildly harrases you.[/QUOTE]

So, in your experience, GS = 1.4 x TS, does not hold true at all? Please elaborate.

well my call went well, maybe lots of us complained? Can someone please check the new trade in prices, the manager said it was not gamestop's intention to do what was effectively no sale, said trade prices have been adjusted and it was a miscommication (ya right) so someone go out and find out what are the new trade in prices, and everyone else, complain, nicely and tell them you will take your business elsewhere

[quote name='stoned99']
So your call marketing genius or slimey bastards!![/QUOTE]

I'd have to go with slimey bastards.
:whistle2:\"

[quote name='Engineer_J']anyone check trade in prices again yet?[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't matter the baord prices change either today or tomrrow. The print out I have says through 5/9. I'm sure the next print out will have the adjusted down prices!!

Okay checked some trade in prices, new top seems to be $28 which is a lot better extra 40% would give you 39.20, lots at $25 which is $35 after the deal

[quote name='Engineer_J']Okay checked some trade in prices, new top seems to be $28 which is a lot better extra 40% would give you 39.20, lots at $25 which is $35 after the deal[/QUOTE]

Just in case you happen to know, do you know what God of War and Star Wars Episode III for PS2 are fetching? $28 or $25 (or hopefully not less)?

bread's done
Back