New idea for CAG

EDiddy0042

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
I had a thought last night that I figured I would post on here and see what everyone thought. What if a CAG rental program was set up. Much like gamefly, you could list your games that would be available to rent. Someone could PM you and let you know. They send a small fee of 3-4 dollars in exchange for renting the game for a couple weeks. If, after those couple of weeks, they decided that they enjoy the game enough to keep it, they could send the remainder of the payment that would've been needed to purchase the game to the seller. In this way, if there was a game a fellow CAG had that maybe you had not played before but were interested in checking it out, you could rent it off of them and give it a test run, rather then shelling out the full asking amount right away, only to find that you dislike the game. Post your replies and let me know what you guys think. Thanks

[quote name='EDiddy0042']I had a thought last night that I figured I would post on here and see what everyone thought. What if a CAG rental program was set up. Much like gamefly, you could list your games that would be available to rent. Someone could PM you and let you know. They send a small fee of 3-4 dollars in exchange for renting the game for a couple weeks. If, after those couple of weeks, they decided that they enjoy the game enough to keep it, they could send the remainder of the payment that would've been needed to purchase the game to the seller. In this way, if there was a game a fellow CAG had that maybe you had not played before but were interested in checking it out, you could rent it off of them and give it a test run, rather then shelling out the full asking amount right away, only to find that you dislike the game. Post your replies and let me know what you guys think. Thanks[/quote]

To start, the thread itself belongs in the CAG Feedback Thread. :)

Secondly, with shipping costs hovering around $2-4 as it is, the "rental fee" would basically just cover shipping, offering little to no insurance to the renter offering the game.

Third, a lot of the games available on CAG, except those new copies being hocked off right away, tend to hover around the $30 mark for the current generation. At that point, a rental fee of $10 seems adequate, but at the same time, the extra $20 doesn't seem like that far of a stretch, even for a tight wallet.

Finally, all of the current gen systems offer demos of games, both retail and arcade. Anything outside of the current gen systems are VERY cheap these days, which wouldn't warrant a rental fee at all.

Overall, while it does sound like a decent idea for those of us on the cheap, there are better systems in place currently.

~HotShotX

bread's done
Back