New Jersey CAGs unite

ananag112

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
So, you guys found any good deals in your area?

The Blockbuster in Teaneck (on Cedar Lane) has Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition (PS2), Oddworld Strangers Wrath, and Doom 3 for $9.99 each and they have a buy 2 get one free deal as well.

The BestBuy in Garden State Plaza is usually good for penny guides. I know they have had a few GTA:SA and Destroy all Humans left (as of 2 weeks ago), but I have not had the time to go there. They do not make a fuss about selling penny guides and the manager is cool about selling them. However, I have recently noticed that they started throwing away a lot of guides to make room for new games.

Although not in NJ, Palisades Mall is a great place for getting games and penny guides. The BestBuy always seems to have the best selection of guides in the area. Also, the Circuit City seems to always have bargin games somewhere in the back.

EDIT: I will switch it to NJ in general

Hey Jersey! Grew up in Rockaway, now living in Clifton.

Every NJ CAG should know of at least two of the best gaming spots in the state:

8 On The Break: Best non-chain arcade I've been in, best arcade in the state. Point Blank, Pop'N Music, SAMBA DE AMIGO, DDR, In the Groove, etc etc.

Digital Press Videogames: Badass retro store in Clifton (I used to work there). Every last Saturday of the month they have a big store party with in store tournements, free pizza, and indoor flea market (as in, bring in your games you want to sell and you can set up a sales box on the floor). Since I used to work there I frequently get free beer there too. Features a classic gaming museum of items from Joe's personal collection. Also has a MAME cabinet with hundreds of games, Namco cabinet, and Marvel vs. Capcom cabinet.

If you went to PAX East, you might have seen his stand--he also provided almost all of the retro consoles for the retro gaming room, and is one of the organizers of the Classic Gaming Expo in Vegas.

[quote name='nintendoll']Hey Jersey! Grew up in Rockaway, now living in Clifton.[/QUOTE]

I grew up in Rockaway too, did you go to high school there or had you moved by then?

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']I grew up in Rockaway too, did you go to high school there or had you moved by then?[/QUOTE]

Mo' Hills grad 2005 :)

[quote name='nintendoll']Hey Jersey! Grew up in Rockaway, now living in Clifton.

Every NJ CAG should know of at least two of the best gaming spots in the state:

8 On The Break: Best non-chain arcade I've been in, best arcade in the state. Point Blank, Pop'N Music, SAMBA DE AMIGO, DDR, In the Groove, etc etc.

Digital Press Videogames: Badass retro store in Clifton (I used to work there). Every last Saturday of the month they have a big store party with in store tournements, free pizza, and indoor flea market (as in, bring in your games you want to sell and you can set up a sales box on the floor). Since I used to work there I frequently get free beer there too. Features a classic gaming museum of items from Joe's personal collection. Also has a MAME cabinet with hundreds of games, Namco cabinet, and Marvel vs. Capcom cabinet.

If you went to PAX East, you might have seen his stand--he also provided almost all of the retro consoles for the retro gaming room, and is one of the organizers of the Classic Gaming Expo in Vegas.[/QUOTE]

hell yeah, TICK TOCK DINER

[quote name='TheJerseyKush']hell yeah, TICK TOCK DINER[/QUOTE]

Pffft NO Six Bro's all the way.

Also, my sister graduated in 02, so you might have known her. And you probably at least know of Mr. Brendan Fay :D

[quote name='nintendoll']Pffft NO Six Bro's all the way.

Also, my sister graduated in 02, so you might have known her. And you probably at least know of Mr. Brendan Fay :D[/QUOTE]

Of course I know Brendan. Sang 'Always look on the bright side of life' for the talent show and ran in the student election. During his speech (which I was filming) he drank an entire bottle of water for the hell of it.

Brendan is the man, leader of The Lair. Every once in a while I go to one of their hootinannies. That's where I learned how to crash a Gamecube in 30 seconds or less:

Timesplitters: Future Perfect. All players as The Shoal, all bots as The Shoal, rocket launchers as the only weapon, Chinese restaurant level. Does it every time.

From Wanaque, to Wayne and now live in Lincoln Park. Six Brother's and Tick Tock are the best places to eat down in that area. Up by me, Pompton Queen(PQ) is a good spot. And if your up in the Paramus area, head to White Mana for the best burgers(you will wait a long time, but so worth it!)

Should form a raid on local stores.

Bordentown here...you guys up north talking restaurants should check out DP's on river rd in Elmwood Park, little hole in the wall with awesome food.

Yeah I'm south Jersey too.

Anyone here been to Gametrader in the Deptford Mall? They sell used games for some good prices. Although I tried to buy RE5 for like $15 dollars one time and the game didn't work. (They gave me a full refund.)

hello all,
From West Paterson , Woodland Park, whichever youd like to call it.
I just got a new job in Elizabeth, about 2 blocks from the gamestop. Are there any neat stores I should be aware of?

Danka,

GameStation in Morris Plains is closing on Jan 31 2011

Over 8000 items being liquidated.

Current deals on used games
Buy 1 get 2 free XBOX (old system)
Buy 1 Get 2 free PS2 Games
Buy 1 Get 2 free on DVD
Buy 2 PS2 or Xbox360 and get 1 free.

25% off all used systems hardware and software
10% off on new systems hardware and software.

50% off on alot of other items.

The website does not reflect sale prices.

All prices will be staged lower as the store closing date arrives. For example next week is 25% off new and 40% off used.

www.gamestationstore.com for address information

[quote name='dialsoft']GameStation in Morris Plains is closing on Jan 31 2011

Over 8000 items being liquidated.

Current deals on used games
Buy 1 get 2 free XBOX (old system)
Buy 1 Get 2 free PS2 Games
Buy 1 Get 2 free on DVD
Buy 2 PS2 or Xbox360 and get 1 free.

25% off all used systems hardware and software
10% off on new systems hardware and software.

50% off on alot of other items.

The website does not reflect sale prices.

All prices will be staged lower as the store closing date arrives. For example next week is 25% off new and 40% off used.

www.gamestationstore.com for address information[/QUOTE]

Not surprising at all. So everything will be regular price now?

Hi all,coming from Somerset county : D Figured I'd stop in and try and make some friends besides having a few questions if anyone can help. 1.) Does anyone know where I can purchase some Neo Geo AES or MVS games without resorting to online? I just want to pick up a few more that's all. 2.) Anyone know to how to unibios into Neo Geo AES systems locally in or around NJ? Reason I ask this is because I have a Japanese version of the system and would love to see games in English besides having cheats. Lastly l, 3.) Where can I purchase MVS adapter if at all and also,without going overboard on price. Thanks for your time all : D

P.S: If there's any deals or such I come across and want me to hold or trade,please do let me know. Glad to be part of the CAG NJ community : )

Anyone near the Kmart in Hillsborough, NJ (on Hwy 206) that might be able to pick up a game for me and mail it? (I'll send a prepaid label)

Please send me a PM.

Thanks!

[quote name='Bezerker']Anyone near the Kmart in Hillsborough, NJ (on Hwy 206) that might be able to pick up a game for me and mail it? (I'll send a prepaid label)

Please send me a PM.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Which one?

[quote name='Bezerker']Anyone near the Kmart in Hillsborough, NJ (on Hwy 206) that might be able to pick up a game for me and mail it? (I'll send a prepaid label)

Please send me a PM.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Bump to see if anyone else is able to go.

[quote name='Rexall']If we do, all the nerds need to shower, and have proper hygiene. Some of you gaming nerds reek to high hell. LOL[/QUOTE]

Lol couldn't tell if you were serious or not.

[quote name='Golden Idol']I'm down. Where would be good?[/QUOTE]

Don't know....we should try and see how many people would be down and where most of the people are from in the state first....

....was thinking it might be cool to do a live auction if we all met up. If anyone had some stuff they were gonna auction or lowball they could bring it and we could bid in person....just a thought.

Depending on the amount of people, I think it be cooler if we just had a bbq in the park, or go out bowling/other activity.....or my favorite activity is the booby joint. AKA strip club.

lol, okay ignore the booby joint...that was a joke.

No, I was not joking about earlier. I've probably run into 1-2 of you at PAX East, Magfest, or buying something from CL.....some of you need to shower.

[quote name='Rexall']Depending on the amount of people, I think it be cooler if we just had a bbq in the park, or go out bowling/other activity.....or my favorite activity is the booby joint. AKA strip club.

lol, okay ignore the booby joint...that was a joke.

No, I was not joking about earlier. I've probably run into 1-2 of you at PAX East, Magfest, or buying something from CL.....some of you need to shower.[/QUOTE]

I'd be down for some bowling or something like that.

And I feel you. I'm new to this site so I haven't met anyone but I shower regularly and most of the people I am friends with do too haha.

I don't know what the best way of going about this is....because obviously not many people check out this thread but from reading up on the forums a lot of people actually are from NJ.

EDIT: I know you weren't joking about the strip club, I love them too. But probably not the best place to meet up for video game enthusiasts lol, especially considering the shower thing.

Looking for buds to game with in Jersey.

We wanna' meet regularly and either hold semi-regular LAN parties or pick games that we'll beat together on the consoles (don't have to be multiplayer). Get in touch if you want to work something out! Currently we're running through Just Cause 2. We're either looking to start a multiplayer troupe to run through Tales of the Abyss (PS2), Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (Wii), or Dungeon Defenders (PC).

Or is there something else you'd like to run through? (We've already beaten Borderlands and Transfromers: War for Cybertron.)

Any of you gamers here bboy (break dance)? Kind of a random question but I'm trying to get back into it a bit more. Long shot but hit me up if you do.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']Any of you gamers here bboy (break dance)? Kind of a random question but I'm trying to get back into it a bit more. Long shot but hit me up if you do.[/QUOTE]

I was always mildly interested in learning and got a few how-to DVDs. Learned to top-rock and 6-step. I'm out of shape now but who knows, if it was local I might check it out.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']I was always mildly interested in learning and got a few how-to DVDs. Learned to top-rock and 6-step. I'm out of shape now but who knows, if it was local I might check it out.[/QUOTE]

You should continue doing it. The cardio you get is nothing like anything else I've tried. It takes a very long time to get nice but it's worth it. If you know where, go to sessions or events. They are a bit overwhelming cuz everyone is so crazy but it's fun if you are into learning how to dance and many are humble and nice to lend a hand. I'd tell you where but I've been out of the scene for a few years now but new brunswick was the hot spot cuz of rutgers and all. I dunno where you are at though. If you want to improve some, check this out on youtube; bboy storm's footwork fundamentals. I just saw it yesterday and felt so much better from just watching. It shouldn't be on there as he was selling it but oh well..

I see no one's been on here in awhile, anybody around Passaic/Bergen counties wants to hang out. I need someone a little more social who wants to go to bars or NYC or the beach, i have like to guy friends, one is never around anymore and the other doesn't want to do anything but go to the movies, it's not much of a social life to sit in a dark theater to me.

Does anyone know of a place that rents Wii or Xbox 360 systems in Bergen County? My boss was originally going to buy them but changed her mind and wants to try and rent them. They're going to be used for a video game day for the kids to stop by play some games.

I was actually in NJ today for the first time (I was around Middlesex area). Very different compared to any other state. I might be coming up there more often due to my newer job (I will still be in MD though).

I would try GameTruck (just search it and the website should pop up) for the Wii party thing. They go to you and it is selfcontained.

[quote name='S1mplyPr1celess']Try Gamer's Paradise in Rochelle Park. Here is the website to check it out.

http://www.gpvideogames.com/[/QUOTE]

Weird. I remember seeing the place during the summer but when I drove by recently, it looked closed. I might have to take a closer look. Thanks!

Hey guys, I am a regular at the route 17 best buy, garden state best buy, and palisades best buy. I also am friendly with all the games stops in the area as I used to run 2 of them in paramus....

Question, is there a way to tell when best buy penny outs their guides?

bread's done
Back