New Jersey CAGs unite

ananag112

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
So, you guys found any good deals in your area?

The Blockbuster in Teaneck (on Cedar Lane) has Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition (PS2), Oddworld Strangers Wrath, and Doom 3 for $9.99 each and they have a buy 2 get one free deal as well.

The BestBuy in Garden State Plaza is usually good for penny guides. I know they have had a few GTA:SA and Destroy all Humans left (as of 2 weeks ago), but I have not had the time to go there. They do not make a fuss about selling penny guides and the manager is cool about selling them. However, I have recently noticed that they started throwing away a lot of guides to make room for new games.

Although not in NJ, Palisades Mall is a great place for getting games and penny guides. The BestBuy always seems to have the best selection of guides in the area. Also, the Circuit City seems to always have bargin games somewhere in the back.

EDIT: I will switch it to NJ in general

Not sure if they are tough to find anymore -- but the Target in Edgewater, NJ has about 3-4 360's under glass as of 3/29. Obviously, you might as well call the store first to be certain.

At the walmart in Toms River, the only decent thing they have clearanced is Marvel Nemesis for $19.97...I think they only have GC left. Although..If I remember correctly...that game sucks.

Circuit City in Woodbridge NJ has 16 XBOX 360s (white box) behind the Customer Service counter if anyone's looking...

[quote name='Madskills1182']Anyone have luck finding a DS Lite in NJ?[/QUOTE]

I was asking some girl that worked in the electronics department in Toys R Us in Woodbridge and she would of sold me a DS Lite a few days ago. She was the same girl that sold me the original DS a week and a half early when they came out.

I passed seeing as I am waiting for a non-white version, but if you are close, might want to give it a shot. If there is some older dorky looking guy behind the counter, don't even bother asking. He's useless and thinks he has some important job and will not hook you up at all.

I got one when EB/GS finally got there shipments on Tuesday. I know people from when I used to manage one so they hooked me up.

wsp, i'm new to this site. They call me Yungboi (my name says Yungoi b/c i accidently left out the "b" when registering) Anyways, i'm from South Jersey about 20 min away from AC, in Mays Landing.

I'm in North Jersey. Have not scored any great deals in a long time for videogames, maybe I just have bad luck, but most of the deals I find are online. I got my DS Lite at Toys R Us, I don't think they still offer the deal, but for $150 total you get the DS Lite, Brain Age, Big Brain Academy, and a "Brain Age Kit" which is a pouch to hold your ds, plus a nice stylus pen.

I returned Big Brain Academy and the Kit (Each item is discounted seperately...) So I got about $34 back --- so that's about enough credit for a new game :)

What I REALLY want is Xbox Live though. The local Sears on rt. 22 had the older (not 360) 12 month card but didn't ring up any kind of sale price... Still looking for a hot deal on one :(

[quote name='YBEX']I'm in North Jersey. Have not scored any great deals in a long time for videogames, maybe I just have bad luck, but most of the deals I find are online. I got my DS Lite at Toys R Us, I don't think they still offer the deal, but for $150 total you get the DS Lite, Brain Age, Big Brain Academy, and a "Brain Age Kit" which is a pouch to hold your ds, plus a nice stylus pen.

I returned Big Brain Academy and the Kit (Each item is discounted seperately...) So I got about $34 back --- so that's about enough credit for a new game :)

What I REALLY want is Xbox Live though. The local Sears on rt. 22 had the older (not 360) 12 month card but didn't ring up any kind of sale price... Still looking for a hot deal on one :([/QUOTE]

im guessing you went to the one in union/clark? that sears sux ass..i hate the place with a passion..i tried to buy my samsung 24' tv from them but they gave me the worst attitude ever so i chose not to buy it..although they do have ridge racer for the ds for 10 bucks if its worth the trouble.

I'm from good ol' Toms River, and pretty much everydeal I see around here....is crap. Oh well...I keep trying anyway....So many stores around here and not one decent price on games..

[quote name='kaos318']I'm from good ol' Toms River, and pretty much everydeal I see around here....is crap. Oh well...I keep trying anyway....So many stores around here and not one decent price on games..[/QUOTE]

dont sweat it i bet TRU and BB will have some clearance thing going soon so just keep saving up.

Hoboken NJ right here. To people who live around Hoboken theres a store that sells ps2,xbox, and GC games for 5$, just what they have laying around. There are some gems though, got Grandia 3 for 5$. I don't know if its still going on but a while back on saturdays they sold ps1 games for 5$

Edit: Oh seems this topic was revived...XD

hmm not much into the old school games anymore, as i got an emulator so i dont need the systems, just looking for some cheap pc or 360 gaming...

[quote name='assasin4hire']Hoboken NJ right here. To people who live around Hoboken theres a store that sells ps2,xbox, and GC games for 5$, just what they have laying around. There are some gems though, got Grandia 3 for 5$. I don't know if its still going on but a while back on saturdays they sold ps1 games for 5$

Edit: Oh seems this topic was revived...XD[/QUOTE]

I'm from Hoboken too. What store are you talking about?

[quote name='sallyballs']I'm from Hoboken too. What store are you talking about?[/quote]

It's behind Shoperite, its called talk of the town video. They took away all of the ps1 games and most of the ps2,GC, and xbox wernet worth buying. From what i remember they had mdk 2 armegadoon, pikmen 2,degimon world 4, digimon rumble 2(i think) and couple of 2005 sports games and other. in total there was like 20 games at most. If you bother to go in ask them if they still have that sale on saturdays, because thats when the ps1 games were out.(When the thing on saturdays was out i got grandia 1, breath of fire 4,legend of legaia, dragon quest 7, and a few others.

Elmwood Park here, if you don't know it you soon will. We officially have the worst high school football team in the entire state of New Jersey; 0-41 and counting.

I'm new to bargain hunting, but when you live within 10 miles from 5+ malls it shouldn't prove to be too hard. Willowbrook always being my first target.

Totowa here. We have a CC, BB, TRU all within 3 minutes from my house. FYI: I have never found a deal at willowbrook yet, but up where i work in East Hanover there are 2x Compusa and 2x TRU and a BB and a CC and i find some of the deals at these stores. Totowa BB is the worst place to shop. East hanover BB is the best place.

[quote name='Unfounded Trout']Elmwood Park here, if you don't know it you soon will. We officially have the worst high school football team in the entire state of New Jersey; 0-41 and counting.

I'm new to bargain hunting, but when you live within 10 miles from 5+ malls it shouldn't prove to be too hard. Willowbrook always being my first target.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, Willowbrook is usually a mess. I found a few decent Sears games there, but you are much better off in Paramus or like the above guy said, East Hanover. Either those areas are unpopulated or at least not by CAGs, because every at every sale I've found tons of great stuff at that TRU.

Also, sorry about your football team, but at least you will always have Tommy Cheeseballs from that MTV show.

http://www.myspace.com/tommycheeseballs

There's plenty of CAGs around these parts - we just don't plug it! I'm now in North Bergen (and work in Hackensack) and my "territory" goes from Jersey City to Paramus. It just seems that a lot of the older items go untouched, especially in that magical TRU on Route 4 in Paramus!

I was about to reply to that post about DS Lites, but i realized it was from June. lol

I currently live in Woodbridge - across the street from the Woodbridge Plaza and Best Buy, about 20 minutes (depending on traffic) from Menlo and right now about to hit up Freehold. About time we had some life in this thread.

[quote name='BigDirty']There's plenty of CAGs around these parts - we just don't plug it! I'm now in North Bergen (and work in Hackensack) and my "territory" goes from Jersey City to Paramus. It just seems that a lot of the older items go untouched, especially in that magical TRU on Route 4 in Paramus![/QUOTE]

Wow, I'm from Maywood, the small town right next to Hackensack. My parents live right off Spring Valley Rd, pretty much behind that Route 4 TRU and I remember buying EVERYTHING from there when I was a little kid. The games section is still pretty nice for deals. I think all the traffic goes to the Rt 17 TRU because there are always some good games and deals left at the Rt 4 store.

[quote name='BigDirty']There's plenty of CAGs around these parts - we just don't plug it! I'm now in North Bergen (and work in Hackensack) and my "territory" goes from Jersey City to Paramus. It just seems that a lot of the older items go untouched, especially in that magical TRU on Route 4 in Paramus![/QUOTE]

Yo BigDirty, do you work by Bergen County Academy? That used to be my HS.

And yes, the TRU on Route 4 rocks. I used to be one of the few CAGs that went there, but I guess there are more now. Oh well..

[quote name='magilacudy']I was about to reply to that post about DS Lites, but i realized it was from June. lol

I currently live in Woodbridge - across the street from the Woodbridge Plaza and Best Buy, about 20 minutes (depending on traffic) from Menlo and right now about to hit up Freehold. About time we had some life in this thread.[/QUOTE]

wow you live there? i go to the sushi place there Yu Yee. Im guessing where you live is the apartment buildings right? one of my good friends lives on Rt.1 going north from you. your lucky man...TRU and a BB in walkng distance plus half price sushi. i envy you big time.

[quote name='ananag112']Yo BigDirty, do you work by Bergen County Academy? That used to be my HS.

And yes, the TRU on Route 4 rocks. I used to be one of the few CAGs that went there, but I guess there are more now. Oh well..[/QUOTE

I work in Rutherford so I have hit up the Rte 4 TRU a lot as well. Hell, between my office in Rutherford, my apartment in Hoboken, and my parent's house in Union I have 8 TRUs, and dozens of BBs, CCs, Targets, GBs, and EBs. It is great living in Northern NJ. \\:D/

[quote name='ananag112']Yo BigDirty, do you work by Bergen County Academy? That used to be my HS.

And yes, the TRU on Route 4 rocks. I used to be one of the few CAGs that went there, but I guess there are more now. Oh well..[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just up the street from it... I pass it on my way into work every day.

[quote name='kaze0']Anyone else planning on hitting up the cherry hill circuit city ps3 launch event?[/QUOTE]
Maybe. I think there might be way to many people there though so I dont know yet.

The cherry hill store is an hour away from me, so I'm weary. Don't wanna take a day off and head down there to find 100 people who plan to camp for over 24 hours. But I just know I'm gonna get caught up in all the launch hype and want to buy one.

There's gonna be so many people at that store. I expect people from Philly, all over south Jersey, and even Jersey peeps from central/north coming down just to get one of the hundred systems they're gonna have. Crazy. I'm not even gonna bother with that store.

I dorm in NYC for school, but my family lives down in West Berlin.

I was thinking about going to NY for PS3.

TRUs around here were ridiculous for pre-orders so I'm not sure if getting to any store around here is early enough.

I know exactly what you mean. I figure that people were crazy with TRU because it was their only option, so they gathered at one retail chain. There'll be WalMart, Circuit City, Best Buy, Target, and (maybe KB, maybe TRU?) selling on launch, so hopefully everyone will spread out.

But still, I'm getting a little nervous as to what time I should head out. I figure I'll have better luck camping down in SJ as opposed to NYC, but I'm not too sure. :whistle2:|

geez you guys are hardcore. i would not want to camp out a week before the system comes out...i guess thats justs me. i dont mind waiting 5 months for this system to be abundant. hehe anyway good luck to you guys from a fellow NJ CAG

Hey...........I didn't search, so I apologize if this is a repost.

I was at the Target in East Brunswick yesterday and found Odama for 12.50.

There were 3 left after I took mine.

There were a bunch of other games there as well. I really didn't notice but most were for Xbox. The Warriors, Big Mother Truckers 2 and one of the Splinter Cell games. All for 12.50.

Also a bunch of pc games.

They were all on an endcap in the electronic dept.

hey all Kearny here in north east Jersey. Any other cheap ass gamers up here? I'm currently going to school in Central New York because I do get back to jersey a lot.

[quote name='ImReallyTired']hey all Kearny here in north east Jersey. Any other cheap ass gamers up here? I'm currently going to school in Central New York because I do get back to jersey a lot.[/QUOTE]

I'm in Jersey City man, the law firm I work for is in Rutherford!

[quote name='sallyballs']I'm in Jersey City man, the law firm I work for is in Rutherford![/QUOTE]

hey i got family is jersey city lol you been to the new gamestop on rt 3?
and have you ever tried returning a game to the new walmart in kearny without a receipt? i think im gonna do that with the madden tru deal.

and is that you with ron?

I'm in Brielle now, but I used to live in Bayonne and work in Kearny and still spend a lot of weekends up in Bayonne.

[quote name='ImReallyTired']hey all Kearny here in north east Jersey. Any other cheap ass gamers up here? I'm currently going to school in Central New York because I do get back to jersey a lot.[/QUOTE]

Very cool!

Now its time to find out what systems and games everyone is playing.

I have a PS2, GameCube (dusty), and my odds on favorite my PSP.

I play SOCOM online with a clan made up of guys from work, with the ocassional friend thrown in for good measure.

Other games skew towards the puzzle/scroller types . . . Katamari, Loco Roco, CRUSH. I don't really do the sports thing, although I did just get Madden 08, because a bunch of guys at work play eachother, and I want in! I also just got LEGO Star Wars II, and am fumbling my way through that.

On the PS2, I have been playing Katamari, God of War, Alien Hominid and Socom, of course.

I'm playing Gears on my friends 360 because mine crapped out AGAIN and I have to send it in for repairs.

I am playing WarioWare on my Wii because.. thats the only game I have for it lol

[quote name='ImReallyTired']hey i got family is jersey city lol you been to the new gamestop on rt 3?
and have you ever tried returning a game to the new walmart in kearny without a receipt? i think im gonna do that with the madden tru deal.

and is that you with ron?[/QUOTE]

Thats the gamestop where I had my little incident....

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147472

I would avoid that one in Clifton.

bread's done
Back