New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

Stopped at a kmart while out of town and picked up
Red Steel 2 wii motion plus bundle for $5
No more heroes 2 $6.99
DS Headset $2

They had about 8 wii rockband keyboard bundles but they were still $30 :(

I scored a PS3 Singstar bundle ($5) and a Logitech remote ($1.97). Also they had the Xbox Live bundle for $39.97. It included 13 months, chat pad, headset and PGR3.

Went back to the Hazleton PA Store on Tuesday. They have gotten worse. There $19.99 value bin is full of shitty games, and the real $6 clearance is shit and Guitar Hero games :lol:.

[quote name='goodnight144']Stopped at a kmart while out of town and picked up
Red Steel 2 wii motion plus bundle for $5
No more heroes 2 $6.99
DS Headset $2

They had about 8 wii rockband keyboard bundles but they were still $30 :([/QUOTE]

Nice job on Red steel 2 bundle. Sears has it for $18.
FYI- No more heroes 2 was $2.97 at my sears

My Kmart didnt have any good clearance. I know this is a game forum, but
I found a Craftsman 4 Gallon 5Hp Wet/Dry Vac for $20.
Sears still sell it for $80 and dont match Sears prices

Got my 10$ GC for the screw up, went back to the K-Mart and damn near anything of value was gone. (Saw a few GH:Metallica's though).

Just curious, do GC's from K-Mart work at Sear's too?

[quote name='dgwillia006']Got my 10$ GC for the screw up, went back to the K-Mart and damn near anything of value was gone. (Saw a few GH:Metallica's though).

Just curious, do GC's from K-Mart work at Sear's too?[/QUOTE]

Not sure. Read the back of the giftcard.

If it says Sears holding, etc.
They are both the same company, but not sure. U can call the 1-800 # that is on the card

[quote name='dgwillia006']Got my 10$ GC for the screw up, went back to the K-Mart and damn near anything of value was gone. (Saw a few GH:Metallica's though).

Just curious, do GC's from K-Mart work at Sear's too?[/QUOTE]

Yes, LandsEnd, kmart, sears, all interchangable

I have the digimon PS2 game, I wouldn't advise buying to play it, the battles are EXTREMELY and excruciatingly slow and the encounter rate must be like 90% so every time you take like 3 steps you have to battle a monster. If you want to play a good digimon game track down a copy of Digimon Dawn or dust for the DS from Gamestop they are the bees knees, if you can find the original Digimon World for DS its even better than those 2, I lost a big chuck of my life to that game no joke, it was really that good. Its Pokemon done right. Your monsters live on a farm instead of living in a box like they do in pokemon, while they are on the farm they grow and gain stats and stuff. If Pokemon would only steal this concept...

[quote name='mer71']I scored a PS3 Singstar bundle ($5) and a Logitech remote ($1.97). Also they had the Xbox Live bundle for $39.97. It included 13 months, chat pad, headset and PGR3.[/QUOTE]

The Logitech remote was a 300i.

Went to the local kmart yesterday and got all excited when I saw a really old xbox live 3 month in a blister pack, a 4000 point card and tons of 1600 points cards in blister packs. Only to have them ring up for retail......

Did they start making those again or is this kmart just behind on the times?

The 1600 points cards were $16 which is ok but meh.

The white PSP Go at my Kmart is still ringing up $150. The good news is that I found a copy of Singularity for 360 at $5 and a new in box EA Active 2 for 360 for $4 :)

[quote name='Angel.Sofiel']The white PSP Go at my Kmart is still ringing up $150. The good news is that I found a copy of Singularity for 360 at $5 and a new in box EA Active 2 for 360 for $4 :)[/QUOTE]
I saw the EA Active 2 bundles for 360 this afternoon at the one Kmart. They were priced at like $3.90. WTF kinda clearance price is that?:lol:

I also saw a :ps2:Singstar Country bundle that was sealed for $5 as well as a standalone of the same game for $5.

Some prices have gone down by about $1 per game, but the names elude me right now.

I also saw a Karaoke Revolution bundle for $10 for :360: in the one Kmart.

Hmmm. My Kmart FINALLY reorganized its game section and marked some clearance items. Saw a bunch of band/guitar heroes...the usual fodder. I ended up getting Genesis Collection and Naughty bear for 5 each. Contemplating whether or not to return Naughty Bear, though...the reviews for it are ABYSMAL. Seems like such a hilarious and interesting concept, though. I guess I could just trade it back into Best Buy if I don't like it.

Picked up 3D Dot Heroes for $5.00 and the Epic Disney Nunchuk for $8.00. Appeared that all the clearance stuff they had a few weeks back had higher prices as another poster mentioned. I was surprised I was able to find the two items at non-inflated prices.

[quote name='coopscohen']Picked up 3D Dot Heroes for $5.00 and the Epic Disney Nunchuk for $8.00. Appeared that all the clearance stuff they had a few weeks back had higher prices as another poster mentioned. I was surprised I was able to find the two items at non-inflated prices.[/QUOTE]
I can confirm that there was a drop this month apparently.

The Epic Mickey paintbrush nunchucks dropped to $8(from $12), the 2gb PSPGO micro memory cards that were $8 last month dropped to $4 and the 4gb PSPGo cards dropped to $6.

Unfortunately the lone copy of :ps3:Brutal Legend they had marked at $6 last month was ringing up out of the system this month.

They also had a 250gb 360 HDD(older version) marked with a clearance sticker for $99.99 in the case, but I couldn't find the guy to get a price check.:cry:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I can confirm that there was a drop this month apparently.

The Epic Mickey paintbrush nunchucks dropped to $8(from $12), the 2gb PSPGO micro memory cards that were $8 last month dropped to $4 and the 4gb PSPGo cards dropped to $6.

Unfortunately the lone copy of :ps3:Brutal Legend they had marked at $6 last month was ringing up out of the system this month.

They also had a 250gb 360 HDD(older version) marked with a clearance sticker for $99.99 in the case, but I couldn't find the guy to get a price check.:cry:[/QUOTE]

You know Best Buy had Brutal Legend for $2.99, right? I got it(ps3) and it's, still, unopened.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']You know Best Buy had Brutal Legend for $2.99, right? I got it(ps3) and it's, still, unopened.[/QUOTE]
I had it from an EA site double code stacking glitch with a site called Recyclebank. I think I paid like $7 SHIPPED for 9-10 games that were originally $19.99 each. Brutal Legend was among those, but it sat in my backlog and I never bothered even playing it.:cry:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I had it from an EA site double code stacking glitch with a site called Recyclebank. I think I paid like $7 SHIPPED for 9-10 games that were originally $19.99 each. Brutal Legend was among those, but it sat in my backlog and I never bothered even playing it.:cry:[/QUOTE]

Brutal Legend was pretty fun. I remembering skipping class to finish it. You should definitely play through it. I think it's around 20 hours or so. I have $15 in gift cards to use by Sunday. I'll be heading out to K-mart before the week is out.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I can confirm that there was a drop this month apparently.

They also had a 250gb 360 HDD(older version) marked with a clearance sticker for $99.99 in the case, but I couldn't find the guy to get a price check.:cry:[/QUOTE]

Damn just micro... I've been looking fairly lazily to upgrade my Cybershot from the 1gb stick I have and I swore the $8 card I saw at K-Mart was the standard Pro Duo and not micro. Might have to check to see if it dropped to $4 as I'd definitely bite at that price.

I saw a 250gb old school here, a month or so ago without any price change though. Then again, they went through a huge drought of updating prices here after I bought the DDR Universe 3 pad/game set for $5.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Jean Arc (PSP) $5 and Active Sports 2 Bundle (360) $10.[/QUOTE]
I actually saw EA Active Sports bundle 2 for 360 at another Kmart here for $3.90 recently.

Unfortunately one of my closest stores got cleaned out of copies of :ps3:Singularity within the last 2-3 weeks. They were unmarked but came up the $6 pricetag.

So either someone bought em all or they dropped outta the system like Brutal Legend and got pulled.

Wow they are bad online. I had had a coupon, and when I went to order something happened and the coupon was gone. Maybe it expired?

I asked about it, and they said: "sure! go ahead and order, we will fix it"
Then when I ordered they said: "sorry, you can return it to the store, and not get the shipping back!"

What the heck.

Drove by my KMart today and they had a ton of signs up advertising a sale "1000's of Items $10 or below!"

Anybody else have a Kmart doing the same thing? If so were any decent games included? Might stop by again tonight since I had sleeping kids with me earlier.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Scored a bunch of "Price Required" games for $1 today.

Most of them I bought previously for $4-6 so will prob return the old ones.[/QUOTE]

How did you even convince them to sell them to you? My K-mart goes "oh, we have to send those back to the manufacturer" and then still leave them on the shelves, or they'll take 50% off the last stickered price, usually like $29.99.

[quote name='whitereflection']How did you even convince them to sell them to you? My K-mart goes "oh, we have to send those back to the manufacturer" and then still leave them on the shelves, or they'll take 50% off the last stickered price, usually like $29.99.[/QUOTE]
Back when the old Kmart clearance threads were going full throttle it wasn't unheard of to ask a knowledgeable employee if they could use the RMU(pricing gun) to look up the last price in the system and give you the games/items for that price.

I think that's changed however, since the last time I was in a Kmart and found an item that was out of the system(PS3 remote) they told me it was coming up $24.99 in the pricing gun.

Before it used to state the last price it was at before it went out of the system, but now that appears to have changed to where it goes back up to MSRP in their pricing guns and that's that.

Moreover, I had an item that came up 'check shelf label' on the self scanner come up as either MSRP or close at the register when I asked for a price check on there.:whistle2:#

So unfortunately, Kmart clearance has gone from being the same price across all stores to now being highly YMMV and super highly YMMV when dealing with out of the system items.

To me, this is an after effect of SHC-Gamer meddling in the clearance schedules and procedures that has royally fucked up a system that worked pretty damn well for YEARS with no intervention.

Picked up:
PS3 Rock Revolution $1.49
PS3 TV Superstars $1.99
PS3 Green Day Rockband $1.99
PS3 Prince Caspian $4.00

Also saw the Epic Mickey Paintbrush Nunchuck for $8.00 and the Wii Speak accessory for $5.00.

All items were stickered at those prices.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Back when the old Kmart clearance threads were going full throttle it wasn't unheard of to ask a knowledgeable employee if they could use the RMU(pricing gun) to look up the last price in the system and give you the games/items for that price.

I think that's changed however, since the last time I was in a Kmart and found an item that was out of the system(PS3 remote) they told me it was coming up $24.99 in the pricing gun.

Before it used to state the last price it was at before it went out of the system, but now that appears to have changed to where it goes back up to MSRP in their pricing guns and that's that.

Moreover, I had an item that came up 'check shelf label' on the self scanner come up as either MSRP or close at the register when I asked for a price check on there.:whistle2:#

So unfortunately, Kmart clearance has gone from being the same price across all stores to now being highly YMMV and super highly YMMV when dealing with out of the system items.

To me, this is an after effect of SHC-Gamer meddling in the clearance schedules and procedures that has royally fucked up a system that worked pretty damn well for YEARS with no intervention.[/QUOTE]

I'd say he has clearly improved the clearance system, not "fucked it up". Kmart's clearance is easily noticeable now, and I'd say they are quickly clearing out inventory. So while it does harm this community, the system appears to be working much better than before.

[quote name='thehoweller']I'd say he has clearly improved the clearance system, not "fucked it up". Kmart's clearance is easily noticeable now, and I'd say they are quickly clearing out inventory. So while it does harm this community, the system appears to be working much better than before.[/QUOTE]

Any changes made by a retail store that hurt this community are no good! Like taking away a clearance cycle that moved games into the $ 2.00 price. Kmart's old clearance system use to reward us people who took the time to find the deals. Your remarks sound like you are related to SHC-GAMER. Are you?

[quote name='thehoweller']I'd say he has clearly improved the clearance system, not "fucked it up". Kmart's clearance is easily noticeable now, and I'd say they are quickly clearing out inventory. So while it does harm this community, the system appears to be working much better than before.[/QUOTE]
:lol: Working better than before? Before he meddled in the clearance drop schedule, EVERY store dropped every game that was on that clearance cycle to the SAME PRICE. So if you went from Los Angeles(CA) to Newark(NJ) you could be assured that if you found game A that was $3 at an LA store, it would be $3 at a NJ store as well.

Now with Sears(and Kmart to some extent) you have YMMV pricing based on what the managers of each store feel like dropping these items to.

As for it being more noticeable, it's only more noticeable to other deal hunters, since I've rarely seen regular shoppers looking for games(let alone clearance) in Kmart/Sears. So really it's just different deal shoppers grabbing the clearance now as opposed to those of us who enjoyed the unmarked but still dropped to 75-90% off MSRP games that we could pick up in big blocks a couple of years ago.

EDIT: I just got an email from SYWR saying they gave me $5 in points, which are allegedly only for toys & some other section, but according to other people who got these bonus rewards before you can use them in electronics. So maybe I'll go grab a PSEYE for $10 or whatever it's ringing less the $5 in points this month. Either that or go grab that OOS Brutal Legend for PS3 for $1 n change after the rewards.

I've already fought this battle, thehoweller. It's not worth it.

[quote name='TylerDurden313']Now you two, play nice ;)[/QUOTE]

It's sad that someone like Josh who works for a living and worked his way up the ladder has to be defended from the bottom feeders of this world. But what can you do?

I used to get a lot more upset about those jibes. But now I figure life has already paid them back in kind. :bouncy:

Don't forget that IATCG said when Josh got let go that he was 'so happy that prick got fired and he was laughing his ass off.' classy. What kind of person celebrates another person (who went out of his way to help every CAG who asked for help) getting fired just so they can get their crappy clearance games again? I think that's all that needs to be said. Sorry that wasn't "playing nice" but people need to know what we're dealing with here.

Last edited by a moderator:
SHC Gamer tried to create a sustainable electronics business for Kmart. While this may have been bad in the short term for CAGs looking for clearance, it was probably the only way to generate interest and sales in a sales environment where you're competing with Amazon, Best Buy and GameStop. I hope all of you enjoy what's left there now. I doubt Kmart will get half the games SHC Gamer tried to push into stores now, and I wouldn't be surprised if Kmart drops games altogether at some point.

[quote name='Nilbog']SHC Gamer tried to create a sustainable electronics business for Kmart. While this may have been bad in the short term for CAGs looking for clearance, it was probably the only way to generate interest and sales in a sales environment where you're competing with Amazon, Best Buy and GameStop. I hope all of you enjoy what's left there now. I doubt Kmart will get half the games SHC Gamer tried to push into stores now, and I wouldn't be surprised if Kmart drops games altogether at some point.[/QUOTE]
That's the thing though. I never went to Kmart(or Sears) looking for new release games. I went in looking for the games I could buy for a couple of bucks, play for a week or two and then get rid of to GS or wherever for the same price or more than I paid.

Even when SHC-Gamer was doing the sales, I NEVER saw anyone in the gaming/electronics looking for those deals. Why? Most people don't equate Kmart with gaming/electronics in the first place. Not only that but if there was ONE lil mention of the KmartGamer deals in a single Kmart weekly flyer during the whole time he was doing his thing it was a miracle.

How do you expect to garner sales from the general public if the general public don't know about them aside from one small blurb on the corner of one page in ONE circular? You don't. This is likely why things changed like they did and he's gone and things have gone back to how they used to be to some extent. Obviously if the sales boost was indeed there, then his program would be still going on.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's the thing though. I never went to Kmart(or Sears) looking for new release games. I went in looking for the games I could buy for a couple of bucks, play for a week or two and then get rid of to GS or wherever for the same price or more than I paid.

Even when SHC-Gamer was doing the sales, I NEVER saw anyone in the gaming/electronics looking for those deals. Why? Most people don't equate Kmart with gaming/electronics in the first place. Not only that but if there was ONE lil mention of the KmartGamer deals in a single Kmart weekly flyer during the whole time he was doing his thing it was a miracle.

How do you expect to garner sales from the general public if the general public don't know about them aside from one small blurb on the corner of one page in ONE circular? You don't. This is likely why things changed like they did and he's gone and things have gone back to how they used to be to some extent. Obviously if the sales boost was indeed there, then his program would be still going on.[/QUOTE]

You're right about that. I only went in K-mart to pick up a new gametwice because they came with $20 credit. Ever since then, I only look up their clearance items. Like you said, K-mart is not my first choice for gaming. Most people go into K-mart for clothes, food, or supplies for school etc. With that, I had to spend my $15 gift card so I bought a Rock Band Xbox 360 bundle that was $40. I also had a $25 gift card to use as well. I have until September to seeif that price drops. If it doesn't, I'll most likely return it.

I seriously doubt anyone but a slickdealer or someone from here randomly buys games at Kmart and only when they are on deep, deep clearance. There are never any shoppers in the electronics, other than those who might be looking for batteries or an iPod accessory. The only time they get business is at Xmas time when they have ads for game systems and stuff. Then you have the old people who come to Kmart once a year looking for a remote control or batteries for that remote.

Actually I am not sure why people shop at Kmart, they don't give a definitive reason to shop in their store, their stores are horribly outdated, the lighting is bad, shelves are messy, and prices are not accurate, however this is sometimes a good thing. Heck the system can't even update to the current ad prices on Sunday correctly. I wouldn't dare buy food there as they are about the only store in my whole area where I have seen expired food on the shelves. Their clothing department is nothing good, electronics is a smaller and worse selection than other stores with most larger items people might come in for out of stock, the toy department is a complete disaster of a mess at most stores. They know how to put a couple flashy flat screen TV's in their clothing department but they can't update their systems so you get the correct price at the register. At 99% of Kmart locations around here there is a Walmart, Target or some other better retail store about 5 min away from them where you can find what you want, at a better price, and get out quickly without having to do a price check and manual override complete with override sheet from the 1980's for every single item you are purchasing and have 5-10 people in front of you in line that have the same problem. They try to be a jack of all trades, but they fail miserably at it.

If people want a new release game, they go to Gamestop where they already have it preordered, if they don't have it ordered, they can head to Walmart or Target and find plenty in stock. I don't think anyone goes to Kmart for a new release game.

Both Target and Walmart are at least trying to specialize here somewhat, one walmart here reduced the clothing, and expanded the food department into a massive grocery store bigger than anything I have seen in this area. We also have walmart's popping up left and right here. Target also expanded the food department. Kmart just has a little of everything, too little to have a selection, its like they have everything every other store has, but less of it, and its more expensive.

There are definitely old people who shop there because its the only store they know, and they think walmart is evil, and this sadly might be their main clientele here.

[quote name='confoosious']It's sad that someone like Josh who works for a living and worked his way up the ladder has to be defended from the bottom feeders of this world. But what can you do?

I used to get a lot more upset about those jibes. But now I figure life has already paid them back in kind. :bouncy:

Don't forget that IATCG said when Josh got let go that he was 'so happy that prick got fired and he was laughing his ass off.' classy. What kind of person celebrates another person (who went out of his way to help every CAG who asked for help) getting fired just so they can get their crappy clearance games again? I think that's all that needs to be said. Sorry that wasn't "playing nice" but people need to know what we're dealing with here.[/QUOTE]
Conjecture and insults. That's all you've got, since you have no definitive proof that I ever said any such thing. What really cracks me up though is how you can sling all of these accusations and insults and get not even a silencing for how absolutely rude you are to other users. When I was doing such things on a regular basis I was labeled being a douchebag to other users and threatened with a full ban from the site.

Just goes to show the clear bias on here though, when the rules seem to apply to one user differently than another.:roll:

[quote name='SaraAB']
There are definitely old people who shop there because its the only store they know, and they think walmart is evil, and this sadly might be their main clientele here.[/QUOTE]

That's about right.

I've been lured in once or twice recently by the free $5 they seem to give out to SYWR people all the time but mostly there's no reason to go there. Target is much nicer and cheerier.

I don't think kmart is long for this world.

[quote name='Nilbog']SHC Gamer tried to create a sustainable electronics business for Kmart. While this may have been bad in the short term for CAGs looking for clearance, it was probably the only way to generate interest and sales in a sales environment where you're competing with Amazon, Best Buy and GameStop. I hope all of you enjoy what's left there now. I doubt Kmart will get half the games SHC Gamer tried to push into stores now, and I wouldn't be surprised if Kmart drops games altogether at some point.[/QUOTE]

KMART HAD PLENTY OF TITLES )NEW AND VERY OLD) BEFORE HE CAME ALONG. i'M GLAD HE IS GONE. mAYBE THERE IS STILL HOPE FOR CASES OVER FLOWING WITH GAMES AND GEMS HIDDEN IN THE PILES.

[quote name='SaraAB']
There are definitely old people who shop there because its the only store they know, and they think walmart is evil, and this sadly might be their main clientele here.[/QUOTE]
Walmart is evil, though. Kmart has a great pharmacy section with solid sales. That probably attracts old people too. Because of old people, I always take advantage of their buy 1 get 1 free sales on vitamins and go wild.
[quote name='confoosious']
I've been lured in once or twice recently by the free $5 they seem to give out to SYWR people all the time but mostly there's no reason to go there. Target is much nicer and cheerier.[/QUOTE]
Target's clearance sections in hawaii stink. At least I always get $5 cards from Kmart. Target slaps some lame celebrity's name on crap products and clothing. Don't think I'm in the demographic for that. Obviously, Target is a better run company. I'm just a bachelor that raids clearance sections.

Last edited by a moderator:
God I miss the New Hope Kmart...the best video game clearance section I've ever seen. Best score I ever got there was a sealed Xbox Psychonauts that fell behind the systems on the bottom...$3 when it was selling for $20-30 used at GS. They went under this past spring and sadly most of the games were sold/removed before they hit decent prices.

I think the only Kmart left near me is on Lake Street in Minneapolis and while I have fond memories of it now it's A) an hour plus away and B)ghetto as all fuck. Back in the day I managed to get two launch copies of Persona 3 LE for $30 since they stickered it wrong in the case...that was awesome.

bread's done
Back