New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

Somone already hit my kmart, but I did find:

no more heroes 2 wii $4
Red steel with/motion $6
Battle B Daman GBA $4
Trauma center 2 DS $6

Went to the Frackville K-Mart (well Schukyll Mall, no clue what town it's classified under). I went down there to check out this store called Black Diamond which is basically an antique shop that has some old video games, but I took a run into k-mart at the end of my trip.

They had a ton of $6 Singularities for PS3, some type of music game. Don't remember if it's Rock Band, Guitar Hero or DJ Hero. I think they might of had some $6 Singularities for x-box too, but I don't remember. I wanted to get out of there ASAP because it was pouring like a son of a fuck and I wanted to get back on the interstate before the roads got too terrible.

So is it Kmart that is having some kind of memorial day sale in which clearance games are an additional 50% off or something? Or am I thinking about a different retailer or holiday or what? I went back a bunch of pages in this thread but couldn't find anything.

btw, i'm not talking about the botched blockbuster used games sale. but i think one of the normal retailers like kmart was rumored to have it.

[quote name='PublikDefender']So is it Kmart that is having some kind of memorial day sale in which clearance games are an additional 50% off or something? Or am I thinking about a different retailer or holiday or what? I went back a bunch of pages in this thread but couldn't find anything.

btw, i'm not talking about the botched blockbuster used games sale. but i think one of the normal retailers like kmart was rumored to have it.[/QUOTE]

Here ya go:

[quote name='LouieT']From the SYWR future ad thing:

June 3 to June 9 (that's in 2 weeks):
Assorted Clearance Items: Buy 1 Get 1 50% off
Screenshot of future ad page[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Went to the Frackville K-Mart (well Schukyll Mall, no clue what town it's classified under). I went down there to check out this store called Black Diamond which is basically an antique shop that has some old video games, but I took a run into k-mart at the end of my trip.

They had a ton of $6 Singularities for PS3, some type of music game. Don't remember if it's Rock Band, Guitar Hero or DJ Hero. I think they might of had some $6 Singularities for x-box too, but I don't remember. I wanted to get out of there ASAP because it was pouring like a son of a fuck and I wanted to get back on the interstate before the roads got too terrible.[/QUOTE]
You shoulda went under the interstate and up the hill from the lil town there and visited Centralia while you were there.;) I've been there before. All it is is like 4-5 buildings left and a blocked section of highway with cracks n steam coming out from under it. Not to mention the Columbia Mall is a lil ways up the road, but you gotta go through Centralia and at least one other lil town to get there if I remember correctly.;)

Then again, both the Columbia and Schuylkill Malls were pretty much dead when I was there last.

Hey iam, I was up in DC yesterday and stopped at Kmart. I picked up three games, solely on price. Somewhat regretted it since my backlog is so huge.

$6 each:
Quantum of Solace
Hawx
Darksiders

Darksiders is a hell of a game. But I already have it in my backlog, so I guess that's why I passed up that game. I've heard good things about QoS, but I too have such a backlog that it would've made no sense for me to pick those up.

PS3 or 360 though? Since I would only be looking for PS3 stuff cuz that's the only current gen console I have.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Darksiders is a hell of a game. But I already have it in my backlog, so I guess that's why I passed up that game. I've heard good things about QoS, but I too have such a backlog that it would've made no sense for me to pick those up.

PS3 or 360 though? Since I would only be looking for PS3 stuff cuz that's the only current gen console I have.[/QUOTE]

All PS3.

Picked up Nostalgia and Glory of Hercules for $3 a peice and Barbie dolls sets accesories and lego/duplo sets were an extra 50 to 70 % off the kids made out like bandits. Only reason we knew was we scanned them all. I really wanted ghost trick but am happy with the games I picked up.

Found Animal Crossing WW for 9.99 and Trauma Center UtK2 for $6.00 in Big Rapids, MI. I was really only looking at DS and Wii games, but they had several areas in the stores with games from all platforms. Wish I had time to report on PS3/360, but we were in a rush.

Bad luck and Kmart. I walk into the clearance aisle right behind this autistic guy (not being ignorant... he was one of those unusually talkative to strangers types, advising me that he was indeed autistic, and gave me a card from the "center" he attends. No shit.)

Being stuck talking to a guy who wanted me to know everything about himself wasn't the bad luck part. No... it came when he said "look at this" and showed me what he had in his hand. Resistance Dual Pack w/ Dualshock 3 marked $4.00.

No better time for the FML.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']Bad luck and Kmart. I walk into the clearance aisle right behind this autistic guy (not being ignorant... he was one of those unusually talkative to strangers types, advising me that he was indeed autistic, and gave me a card from the "center" he attends. No shit.)

Being stuck talking to a guy who wanted me to know everything about himself wasn't the bad luck part. No... it came when he said "look at this" and showed me what he had in his hand. Resistance Dual Pack w/ Dualshock 3 marked $4.00.

No better time for the FML.[/QUOTE]

That sucks. I just checked those 3 weeks ago and they weren't reduced. I checked god of war yesterday and it is still full price BTW.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']Bad luck and Kmart. I walk into the clearance aisle right behind this autistic guy (not being ignorant... he was one of those unusually talkative to strangers types, advising me that he was indeed autistic, and gave me a card from the "center" he attends. No shit.)

Sonofabitch. I wonder if it was just at that one store or it's that same price at every store. If it's at every store, then a hoarding I will go tomorrow.:evil:

WTF! That's insane. I'll check my K-marts tomorrow. That would be a hell of a deal!

Thanks to this site and all of the recent Kmartgamer threads courtesy of Josh or whomever. Over the past few months I hit the PS3 list kind of hard down around here in SE PA and northern DE. Some great deals to say the least, especially now down to $6 and $4 where you really can't go wrong.

My latest within the past couple weeks

(Wayne, PA)-- near my job
PS3

Wolfenstein $6
Fight Night Round 4 $6
TNA Impact $4
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 $6
Aliens vs. Predator $6
Godfather II $6
Wet $6

PS2

Raw Danger $2
Sopranos $4

(Brookhaven, PA)

PS3

Pirates of the Caribbean $6
NCAA Football 10 $4
PoP Forgotten Sands $6
MOH Airborne $6

Just want to reiterate, some stores are iffy with the pricing... noticed around here SoCom, BIA, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, and Mirror's Edge all were ringing up $15...

Makes me wonder if all of the prices will get jacked up higher for that buy 1 get one 50% off sale next week. If that's the case...I'm done ... for now

[quote name='coopscohen']Finally got the 360 Rock Band 3 Keyboard Bundle. Item didn't scan but it was marked clearance for $6.00 :D[/QUOTE]

Which store was this? I've been wanting to get that keyboard bundle for a while now.

Not really an excellent deal...but got the GOW collection for $20 marked down from $30 and Street Fighter IV for $6. They had Yakuza 4 for $20, is that a good deal?

[quote name='jle7385']Not really an excellent deal...but got the GOW collection for $20 marked down from $30 and Street Fighter IV for $6. They had Yakuza 4 for $20, is that a good deal?[/QUOTE]

Yakuza 4 has been $10 or less since last year.

[quote name='jle7385']Not really an excellent deal...but got the GOW collection for $20 marked down from $30 and Street Fighter IV for $6. They had Yakuza 4 for $20, is that a good deal?[/QUOTE]

I believe some K-mart locations had it for $14.99 in the past. I also think it's getting to that "hard to find" stage. Walmart had it for $10 during black friday last year. I haven't opened my copy, but I heard the game is good.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Which store was this? I've been wanting to get that keyboard bundle for a while now.[/QUOTE]

San Leandro, CA

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I believe some K-mart locations had it for $14.99 in the past. I also think it's getting to that "hard to find" stage. Walmart had it for $10 during black friday last year. I haven't opened my copy, but I heard the game is good.[/QUOTE]

I bought it last year and have about 15 hours into it. I'm a huge JPN buff as well, and I have to say I'm bored out of my mind with the game. I LOVE the atmosphere and the feeling of walking around Japan, it just gets exceptionally slow, monotonous, and boring.

No better time for the FML.[/QUOTE]Scanned 59.99 at my kmart. They had several $6 games clearly marked, but nothing I was interested in. Will mention that 360 Green Day Rock Band is still 19.99 unlike the PS3 version which has been reported at 6. Was hoping the 360 version dropped as well.

the Yakuza games are an acquired taste it seems... I bought 3 a while back. Played it for a little bit...got tired of chasing around the orphans doing pointless "missions".. convinced myself to play it some more and it picked up a little. But once again got bored with it. The fights are ok, but after a while it's the same old thing. I heard 4 was a little more of a balanced story but meh.... mine's still in the wrapper.

Paid 14.99 for it....

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']Are there no 360 games on clearance?? Can't seem to find any

Grabbed:
:wii:Tatsunko vs Capcom for $6[/QUOTE]

I saw a few.
Vanquish $14.99
Few GH titles $4.00-$6.00
Boy and his Blob $4.00
Resistance/Dualshock Bundle $59.99 urgh
Epic Mickey CE $49.99
Sports Champions $6.00 I believe.

I'm going to check back during the B1G1 50% off clearance June 9th.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fearMr.Met']Thanks to this site and all of the recent Kmartgamer threads courtesy of Josh or whomever. Over the past few months I hit the PS3 list kind of hard down around here in SE PA and northern DE. Some great deals to say the least, especially now down to $6 and $4 where you really can't go wrong.

My latest within the past couple weeks

(Wayne, PA)-- near my job
PS3

Wolfenstein $6
Fight Night Round 4 $6
TNA Impact $4
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 $6
Aliens vs. Predator $6
Godfather II $6
Wet $6

PS2

Raw Danger $2
Sopranos $4

(Brookhaven, PA)

PS3

Pirates of the Caribbean $6
NCAA Football 10 $4
PoP Forgotten Sands $6
MOH Airborne $6

Just want to reiterate, some stores are iffy with the pricing... noticed around here SoCom, BIA, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, and Mirror's Edge all were ringing up $15...

Makes me wonder if all of the prices will get jacked up higher for that buy 1 get one 50% off sale next week. If that's the case...I'm done ... for now[/QUOTE]
Good scores,Wolfenstein is fun at that price,AvP was kind of a let down but i'm a huge fan of the series so had to have it.I got to the very end of the Alien campaign and it kept freezing up on me,so frustrating.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I believe some K-mart locations had it for $14.99 in the past. I also think it's getting to that "hard to find" stage. Walmart had it for $10 during black friday last year. I haven't opened my copy, but I heard the game is good.[/QUOTE]
Yeah same here i keep trying to convince myself to start playing it,but havent yet.

[quote name='PurpleJesus74']Good scores,Wolfenstein is fun at that price,AvP was kind of a let down but i'm a huge fan of the series so had to have it.I got to the very end of the Alien campaign and it kept freezing up on me,so frustrating.
[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming to have it for the Xbox 360? Did you install the game? Sometimes that'll do the trick.

I just picked up 2 games :

Monster hunter Tri Wii - $6 (regular game only edition)
3D dot game heroes - $6

I probably should have waited for the buy 1 get one clearance but with my luck the games will be gone by then. I am also on the fence about Monster Hunter, should I play it or should I sell it? Maybe I should shelf it and wait for its value to increase. Does anyone know if this game is worth playing?

There were some oddities at Kmart, they had multiple copies of 3D dot heroes, many copies, probably 5-6 at least, but I wouldn't pass it up for $6. I found all the games in the electronics not in a separate clearance bin. Bolt for the Xbox 360 was ringing up 19.99 even though its an old movie game, I would think this would have hit the clearance schedule by now. There was also a chat/remote thing for ps3, not sony brand for $10, I am guessing this really isn't worth $10. The Sony Chatpad was tagged $20 with a pricing date of something like April 16th on the tag, so I don't know if its gone down in price by then. The chatpad was locked down, so I am not getting a price check on that unless I print a UPC, but I suspect its still at $20. There was a Nyko green HDMI cable in a large package for $23.99... There were a few copies of Glory of Heracles marked $6, and the 360 original hard drives that were sitting there were magically gone, as well as an intercooler and something else that probably sat there for years. I didn't have time to go through the clearance bin but the last time I did there wasn't anything good. At least they still don't have the Game boy color power pack they had that I saw about a year or 2 ago.

I scanned all the move games and they were all ringing up 17.99 or 19.99, I don't think I saw the 2 that were mentioned here that were cheap. I also scanned Marvel vs Capcom 3 and it was still 19.99.

Picked up:

Fat Princess PSP $4
Star Ocean Second Evolution PSP $6
Sega Classic Collection $6
God of War Collection + Red DS Combo for $48

Was hoping for the GoW Collection/DS combo for cheaper.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Scanned 59.99 at my kmart. They had several $6 games clearly marked, but nothing I was interested in. Will mention that 360 Green Day Rock Band is still 19.99 unlike the PS3 version which has been reported at 6. Was hoping the 360 version dropped as well.[/QUOTE]

Same here, all of the aforementioned clearance games were priced the same as in the thread but the resistance dual pack w/ DS3 bundle rang up $59.99. Btw is the uncharted dual pack supposed to have uncharted 2 greatest hits bundled separate? Reason for asking is I went to target today and saw the Uc dual game box but also a Uc greatest hits banded to that box ...Jw

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You shoulda went under the interstate and up the hill from the lil town there and visited Centralia while you were there.;) I've been there before. All it is is like 4-5 buildings left and a blocked section of highway with cracks n steam coming out from under it. Not to mention the Columbia Mall is a lil ways up the road, but you gotta go through Centralia and at least one other lil town to get there if I remember correctly.;)

Then again, both the Columbia and Schuylkill Malls were pretty much dead when I was there last.[/QUOTE]
All I wanted to do was get the fuck out of there ASAP :lol:. Apparently it rained 4-6 inches total in McAdoo which is right next to Hazleton which was the direction I was going in (and I got caught in it).

Oh and a heads up, the Laurel Mall in Hazleton is now pretty terrible as well. I would even edge the Schukyll mall over the Laurel Mall now sadly. Columbia Mall is still horrible though last time I was there which was about 2 months ago (although they do have a pretty cool Magic The Gathering shop there).

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']All I wanted to do was get the fuck out of there ASAP :lol:. Apparently it rained 4-6 inches total in McAdoo which is right next to Hazleton which was the direction I was going in (and I got caught in it).

Oh and a heads up, the Laurel Mall in Hazleton is now pretty terrible as well. I would even edge the Schukyll mall over the Laurel Mall now sadly. Columbia Mall is still horrible though last time I was there which was about 2 months ago (although they do have a pretty cool Magic The Gathering shop there).[/QUOTE]
The last time I was at the Laurel Mall Kmart they still had PS2 games like Silent Hill 2 or 3 on 'clearance' for $15-20 up by the register in electronics. That had to be about 3-4 years ago though. The last time I was to the Columbia Mall they were just clearancing out the Xbox S controllers for $5 each. Looking at prices now for new/sealed ones, I shoulda likely bought all they had.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/808ST8-ORIG..._Accessories&hash=item3376669894#ht_500wt_924

But the Schuylkill Mall was like walking through the former West Side Mall in Edwardsville just before they demolished it. If there were 10 actual stores left in the mall it was a miracle.

One mall I was to down that way that I wish I could hit up again(since they seemed to have some decent stuff) was the Susquehanna Valley Mall, but that was out closer to Danville someplace.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I'm assuming to have it for the Xbox 360? Did you install the game? Sometimes that'll do the trick.[/QUOTE]
I have AvP for PS3,what sucked was i completed the first 2 campaigns,then at the end of the Alien one it just kept freezing.It is kinda glitchy i recall,even when installed.

Yea, I figured once again for the price, why not w/ Wolfenstein. I remember I used to play the shiet out of the original way back when on my Win 95 PC. How could they really go wrong w/ the same formula? As far as AvP, I may try it out tonight. The vids on youtube looked promising and I've heard it was decent. I'll run the online update when I first pop it in to see if that helps any future freezing.

Probably will stop in my local K-mart in another 2 weeks or so to check the next round of games and if they're dropping. Right now, MGS4 is still around $14.99, Vanquish $17.99, etc etc. I'll maybe bite when they hit $9.99

Also, great find a few pages back w/ Oblivion and COD WaW...the latter's still $19.99 around here. I've been tempted to drive over the bridge to NJ but knowing my luck, I'll pay the bridge toll and it would be the same SingIt and RockBand BS games when I walk in. Those 2 and RE5 are really the last few I really want.... might... just might grab Ghostbusters tomorrow.

It takes up 5 GB of hard drive space, which I consider excessive.

[quote name='PublikDefender']anyone know if the little big planet 1 goty + dualshock + stuffed animal bundle is on clearance. how much is it?[/QUOTE]

The only one I have seen comes with the game and the plushie. It is 29.99. (no dualshock)

[quote name='slowdive21']The only one I have seen comes with the game and the plushie. It is 29.99. (no dualshock)[/QUOTE]
oh ok. my view was obscured because it was behind some stuff in the glass case. guess it didn't have the dualshock.

[quote name='slowdive21']The only one I have seen comes with the game and the plushie. It is 29.99. (no dualshock)[/QUOTE]
oh ok. my view was obscured because it was behind some stuff in the glass case. guess it didn't have the dualshock.
[quote name='bobphone']Has anyone put together a full list yet?[/QUOTE]
i think this is one of those threads that most people wouldn't want a full list in the op because everyone wants to "get theirs". since i've been a regular here, i have scored a lot so i guess i'm cool with it either way.

[quote name='doodmandood']Picked up LBP2 move bundle for $51.99.[/QUOTE]

This is the only report of a little big planet bundle. It is lbp 2 and the move stuff. No sightings in MA. It's early in the thread maybe page 3, so if it's out there might have gone through markdowns.

Tried to call first but waited on hold for 10 min on the phone so I hung up and went there. Seems like the Iowa K-Marts don't drop prices to what I'm seeing on here. I've gone there countless times and they won't drop any of the controller bundles. They are all $59.99 and there was a starter pack of some sort with a controller that was $69.99!? REALLY?

Lowest drops were down to $14.99 and $17.99 and that was very few. All pretty much comparable to Amazon prices so a waste of time once again.

They also had a pspgo on clearance for $149.99!! Yeah that about summed up that experience....why such great deals everywhere else?

bread's done
Back