New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

So I decided to check my closest Kmart for some cheap games but for some oddreason the entire area with the clearanced games disapeared except for two GBA games and Dead Rising 2 for $40

So much for trying to take in my 2gb memory card for PSP/PSPGo to see if I could return and rebuy that and my $6 Tony Hawk Ride(I'll take a chance at breaking my neck for $3, but not $6:lol:) for $11 n tax total.

Stopped by 3 Kmarts yesterday. Picked up Sonic Unleashed(PS3) $6.00, Puchi Puchi Virus(DS) $4.00 and The Legendary Starfy(DS) $6.00 in Chesterton, IN; Trauma Center Second Opinion(Wii) $6.00 and Muramasa(Wii) $6.00 in Mishawaka, IN; Sin & Punishment Star Successor $6.00 in Elkhart, IN

I did discover that the Muramasa game has 2 differents SKUs. The store I went to had ones marked down from $49.99 to $19.99 that rang up $6.00. There were also ones with the $14.99 Value sticker on the top that rang up $14.99.

If anyone spots Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn(Wii) for $10.00 or any of the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games(DS) for $6.00 and wants to help me, I'd happily pay extra for each game.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Snowball21']Stopped by 3 Kmarts yesterday. Picked up Sonic Unleashed(PS3) $6.00, Puchi Puchi Virus(DS) $4.00 and The Legendary Starfy(DS) $6.00 in Chesterton, IN; Trauma Center Second Opinion(Wii) $6.00 and Muramasa(Wii) $6.00 in Mishawaka, IN; Sin & Punishment Star Successor $6.00 in Elkhart, IN

I did discover that the Muramasa game has 2 differents SKUs. The store I went to had ones marked down from $49.99 to $19.99 that rang up $6.00. There were also ones with the $14.99 Value sticker on the top that rang up $14.99. All games with the $14.99 Value sticker have a new sticker SKU over the old one(sticker is on top of the sealed package). If you peel off the new one SKU on this game, you'll get the old SKU to ring up $6.00.

If anyone spots Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn(Wii) for $10.00 or any of the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games(DS) for $6.00 and wants to help me, I'd happily pay extra for each game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I'll check tomorrow. I definitely wouldn't mind getting Muramasa for cheap.

[quote name='Snowball21']Stopped by 3 Kmarts yesterday. Picked up Sonic Unleashed(PS3) $6.00, Puchi Puchi Virus(DS) $4.00 and The Legendary Starfy(DS) $6.00 in Chesterton, IN; Trauma Center Second Opinion(Wii) $6.00 and Muramasa(Wii) $6.00 in Mishawaka, IN; Sin & Punishment Star Successor $6.00 in Elkhart, IN

I did discover that the Muramasa game has 2 differents SKUs. The store I went to had ones marked down from $49.99 to $19.99 that rang up $6.00. There were also ones with the $14.99 Value sticker on the top that rang up $14.99. All games with the $14.99 Value sticker have a new sticker SKU over the old one(sticker is on top of the sealed package). If you peel off the new one SKU on this game, you'll get the old SKU to ring up $6.00.

If anyone spots Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn(Wii) for $10.00 or any of the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games(DS) for $6.00 and wants to help me, I'd happily pay extra for each game.[/QUOTE]

My Kmart had one more copy of Explorers of Darkness...I'll check on it in the next day or so.

Would you be able to grab another Starfy? Would love to get that one myself.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Thanks for the heads up. I'll check tomorrow. I definitely wouldn't mind getting Muramasa for cheap.[/QUOTE]
And committing fraud. Enjoy...:roll:

[quote name='Rig']My Kmart had one more copy of Explorers of Darkness...I'll check on it in the next day or so.

Would you be able to grab another Starfy? Would love to get that one myself.[/QUOTE]

I can most certainly keep an eye out! If we find either of the games, let's PM each other.

[quote name='Ronin317']And committing fraud. Enjoy...:roll:[/QUOTE]

You never know, he might find a copy that was marked down properly. I would have never came across this had Kmart not had both versions in the same bid.

[quote name='Snowball21']If you peel off the new one SKU on this game, you'll get the old SKU to ring up $6.00.[/QUOTE]
You may wanna remove this from your post, as removing a new sticker over an old UPC to get a cheaper price is considered fraud and not able to be talked about here on CAG.

I finally found a Kmart out of the blue. It was a lot better experience then the last time I went into one. The game section was very organized, unfortunately none of the games talked about were there. They had some 2011 games on "clearance", out of the case. I was able to scan but everything was 29.99 or 19.99 (i.e. Rayman Orgins, Crysis 2, Duke Nukem Forever LOLLOL.

The store in St Pete FL hadnt updated any of their price stickers since December. $30 games were marked $40-50, $20 games marked $30, etc. I found a bunch of games that were $4-6 and still marked $30.

I asked the employee how come they don't update their price stickers, and his response was that they haven't had a rep come by in a long time (so they didnt bother to do it). I wanted to reply "Well, if I was on a sinking boat, I wouldnt care about doing my job either" but I ended up just saying "Ah well, just means that there will be more for me since they'll still have a $30 sticker when they keep dropping in clearance"

Luckily they had a price-scanner 15 feet from the VG section, so I just kept running back and forth.

[quote name='Redfield182']Tried to call first but waited on hold for 10 min on the phone so I hung up and went there. Seems like the Iowa K-Marts don't drop prices to what I'm seeing on here. I've gone there countless times and they won't drop any of the controller bundles. They are all $59.99 and there was a starter pack of some sort with a controller that was $69.99!? REALLY?

Lowest drops were down to $14.99 and $17.99 and that was very few. All pretty much comparable to Amazon prices so a waste of time once again.

They also had a pspgo on clearance for $149.99!! Yeah that about summed up that experience....why such great deals everywhere else?[/QUOTE]

I just went to the Kmart in Ames IA yesterday. Not a single good deal I was looking for was to be found. Even the old PS2 memory cards and Dual Shock 2 controllers were still like $15 or $20. I scanned a ton from the clearance games box and all were priced as stickered. The only cheap game I saw in the whole bin was Sonic Unleashed for PS3 for $6, but I left it behind so someone else could get a decent deal. They had 3 copies of 3D Dot Game Heroes for $19.99 each. I'm sure if they do finally drop them to $6 they will be gone within a few minutes.

Does anyone know if Kmart had lowered the price on the Vibrant Blue PSP 3000 that came with Invisimals? My Kmart had 3 of them like 2 weeks ago, but the guy told me they were regular price when I asked and he didn't bother scanning them. Now all 3 were gone which I assume means I missed a huge price markdown, so I made some nice older lady scan all the other PSPs left - the standard one ($129), a Gran Turismo pack ($159) and the PSPGo ($149), but all were priced as stickered. I am concerned that I missed out an awesome deal on that unique color PSP system, so if anyone got one of those for crazy cheap please post here to rub it in. Thanks.

[quote name='whitereflection']Are you sure that's the price for 3D Dot Game Heroes? It might've had an sticker affixed and would've rung up for the correct price.[/QUOTE]

I used the price scanner in the store. That was the main reason I went in was to check for mislabeled deals. I never even knew Kmart had scanners you could use until I saw it mentioned here in this thread. The copy I scanned may have had one of the value stickers on it and not a standard clearance one so maybe it was different SKUs like some have mentioned.

[quote name='Ronin317']And committing fraud. Enjoy...:roll:[/QUOTE]

I don't pull tags. Get out of here with that. I was implying if I found a copy in the wild, I'd scan it.

[quote name='jonathansmith369']I just went to the Kmart in Ames IA yesterday. Not a single good deal I was looking for was to be found. Even the old PS2 memory cards and Dual Shock 2 controllers were still like $15 or $20. I scanned a ton from the clearance games box and all were priced as stickered. The only cheap game I saw in the whole bin was Sonic Unleashed for PS3 for $6, but I left it behind so someone else could get a decent deal. They had 3 copies of 3D Dot Game Heroes for $19.99 each. I'm sure if they do finally drop them to $6 they will be gone within a few minutes.

Does anyone know if Kmart had lowered the price on the Vibrant Blue PSP 3000 that came with Invisimals? My Kmart had 3 of them like 2 weeks ago, but the guy told me they were regular price when I asked and he didn't bother scanning them. Now all 3 were gone which I assume means I missed a huge price markdown, so I made some nice older lady scan all the other PSPs left - the standard one ($129), a Gran Turismo pack ($159) and the PSPGo ($149), but all were priced as stickered. I am concerned that I missed out an awesome deal on that unique color PSP system, so if anyone got one of those for crazy cheap please post here to rub it in. Thanks.[/QUOTE]
You should go back and ask that guy "how are you enjoying your new blue PSP?" pretty sure we all know where they went.

I purchased a copy of 3D dot heroes here for $6 so I can confirm that it is ringing up at $6 at least for some stores.

You guys (and girl) are pretty lucky finding all these clearance games. The games in the "clearance section" by me are still $19.99 or higher. I should check another store...

yea, a handful of clearance games that I've happened to see have been labeled and rang up higher.. 3d Dot GH, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, BIA Hells Highway, Mirrors Edge, LOWrestlemania, etc. I doubt peeling off the sticker would do much good anyways since the games will ring up by the UPC on the back and not by the tag. I'd feel stupid if I ripped off a tag, raised a stink, and still got denied. Not worth the hassle IMO...

I've gotten everything I've really wanted marked down except for Oblivion, RE5, and COJ Bound in Blood. Those three I had no luck whatsoever finding but oh well.. I'm past the point of wasting gas to take the chance.

[quote name='fearMr.Met']

I've gotten everything I've really wanted marked down except for Oblivion, RE5, and COJ Bound in Blood. Those three I had no luck whatsoever finding but oh well.. I'm past the point of wasting gas to take the chance.[/QUOTE]

Which RE5 is marked down? And how much are we talking? I know I saw a gold box edition at my local kmart, if its that one I might have to make a trip up there today

[quote name='jonathansmith369']I used the price scanner in the store. That was the main reason I went in was to check for mislabeled deals. I never even knew Kmart had scanners you could use until I saw it mentioned here in this thread. The copy I scanned may have had one of the value stickers on it and not a standard clearance one so maybe it was different SKUs like some have mentioned.[/QUOTE]

Ugh... I wish they use to have scanners in all the Kmarts around here but they took them all out for some reason :cry:

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']Ugh... I wish they use to have scanners in all the Kmarts around here but they took them all out for some reason :cry:[/QUOTE]

I know. It's annoying walking all the way to the front of the store just to check prices...

Franklin, TN
B1G1 50% off clearance games - rack was in front of store.

used my free $10 SYWR points and got:
Dragon Quest Swords (wii) $4
Sin & Punishment II (wii) $6
Total: $8 so FREE after SYWR
not bad for the kiddie bdays.

On the KMARTgamer 7.0 list it originally had RE5 (Gold Edition) at $19.99 and the regular at $14.99. If the reductions are on pace with the rest of that list, which they should be, the Gold Ed. should be $9.99 right now and the regular $6. I'd take the trip if I were you, but then again it could be YMMV at your store. I just haven't been lucky enough to spot either copy.

That's PS3 prices... I checked X-box's list and the regular edition should be around $6.. Dunno if XB made a Gold Ed. or not, either or, it wasn't listed on clearance

[quote name='SaraAB']I purchased a copy of 3D dot heroes here for $6 so I can confirm that it is ringing up at $6 at least for some stores.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm this. Got it for 6 bucks and flipped it to GS to make the 7th game trade in but I'm also in NY

I just got off the phone with Sears. They kept offering me gift cards, which I appreciate, but I told them what I'm really interested in is just getting my $4 back and an apology from the offending manager. They told me to expect a phone call soon. Then I got an email just now which shows that they've also sent a $10 gift card.

So, I guess I'm satisfied. It went a lot more smoothly than I thought it would. I just needed to find an employee who would listen.

Went to the K-mart on MacArthur Road in Whitehall/Allentown PA (don't know what it's classified as).

Typical clearance for 360/PS3 games around the area. Guitar Hero games, Singularity, other crap I don't want :lol:. I should just buy prototype on Steam when it goes on sale.

My GF did grab Singularity and Guitar Hero World Tour from that store though. The first 5 levels (well venues) of GH:WT were pretty painful for us to go through song wise though, lol.

[quote name='fearMr.Met']That's PS3 prices... I checked X-box's list and the regular edition should be around $6.. Dunno if XB made a Gold Ed. or not, either or, it wasn't listed on clearance[/QUOTE]
I went up there and it was the xbox 360 version came up as $40 when I finally found someone to price check it.

They are terrible about clearancing anything at my kmart though, the only thing I have ever found that was the same price as stuff guys on here find was the sega genesis collection for xbox.

[quote name='inky1600']I can confirm this. Got it for 6 bucks and flipped it to GS to make the 7th game trade in but I'm also in NY[/QUOTE]

Seriously? I bought it for $10 last month... because I WANTED IT. I hit up four kmarts in the past two weeks and basically came up empty, most likely because of people like you.

[quote name='Romeo']Seriously? I bought it for $10 last month... because I WANTED IT. I hit up four kmarts in the past two weeks and basically came up empty, most likely because of people like you.[/QUOTE]

Who cares if you wanted it. He probably wanted another game and this made it cheaper.

[quote name='Romeo']Seriously? I bought it for $10 last month... because I WANTED IT. I hit up four kmarts in the past two weeks and basically came up empty, most likely because of people like you.[/QUOTE]

Sorry but I only had 6 games for the GS promo and 1 more would have given me more on the total trade. I wanted Singularity which I knew was 6 already. When I heard about KMart's B1G1 half off clearance ad this week, figured I'd grab Singularity and another 6 dollar game for 3 bucks more to add to my GS trade in, giving me 7 games. I knew that one would count when I saw it so I pulled the trigger, giving me the 35 dollar bonus. Why do I have to answer to a holier-than-thou like you anyway? It's not like I was hoarding-I bought 2 clearance games lol

[quote name='srac84']so is everyone getting the buy 1 get 1 50% to work now? yesterday it didn't seem to work on anything??..[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I needed an override to get the second half off.

[quote name='srac84']so is everyone getting the buy 1 get 1 50% to work now? yesterday it didn't seem to work on anything??..[/QUOTE]
Didn't work for me tonight 2012/06/04. Manager refused.
[quote name='inky1600']Yeah, I needed an override to get the second half off.[/QUOTE]
I couldn't get an override. Is there any proof (a form) or anything that I can show on a tablet or laptop so that they will honor the sale?

[quote name='PublikDefender']Didn't work for me tonight 2012/06/04. Manager refused.

I couldn't get an override. Is there any proof (a form) or anything that I can show on a tablet or laptop so that they will honor the sale?[/QUOTE]

Sure it's right in their own printed ad at the door and in the store flyers from Sunday! Picture shows 3 clearance games(Singularity was 1 of them) and says "assorted" titles with a footnote. Footnote at the bottom of the page says only that titles vary by store. The manager can't make an argument that it's only those games in the picture-there are a hundred different clearance titles-too many to show-and if it was only certain games he/she could ring up any 2 in the bin and see the promo doesn't work on their register for any(including the ones in the picture! The manager at your location was pretty lame

[quote name='inky1600']Sure it's right in their own printed ad at the door and in the store flyers from Sunday! Picture shows 3 clearance games(Singularity was 1 of them) and says "assorted" titles with a footnote. Footnote at the bottom of the page says only that titles vary by store. The manager can't make an argument that it's only those games in the picture-there are a hundred different clearance titles-too many to show-and if it was only certain games he/she could ring up any 2 in the bin and see the promo doesn't work on their register for any(including the ones in the picture! The manager at your location was pretty lame[/QUOTE]
OK, I couldn't find it in the website's version of "local ad." I'll have to check out one of their store copies.

bogo didnt work at my kmart either. they said it must only be ps3 games since that was what was in the picture. i never have luck with the old women managers at kmart. they dont seem to have a clue and are reluctant to ever do anything beyond showing up for work. picked up super princess peach ds last week for $6. they had a crapload of them since its a kmart in the middle of nowhere. went back yesterday to get a few more since they are trading in at best buy for $16 with all the bonuses this week. picked up a bunch of random psp games last week as well all for the usual 4-6 dollars each.

lol mine said they already scanned all the games and that they didnt have any games that were part of the promotion.. and that it must just be on the 3 games shown in the ad, how does that make sense?.. i didnt bother to argue cuz i didnt want a headache..

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']For those finding Singularity for $6, Best Buy will give $7 for it. So, $14.00/$14.70 after bonuses.[/QUOTE]
That is the PS3 version... 360 gives $5.

I just realized that I bought $90 worth of games and they didn't ring up with the half off. Checking out took 20 minutes - I don't want to imagine how long getting this fixed will take.

[quote name='confoosious']The fact that it didn't ring up $45 didn't raise a red flag?

And yes, it will take forever.[/QUOTE]

I forgot that the deal was in the ad, honestly.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']For those finding Singularity for $6, Best Buy will give $7 for it. So, $14.00/$14.70 after bonuses.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jiggyteddy']That is the PS3 version... 360 gives $5.[/QUOTE]

I suggest keeping a copy for yourself. The game is a lot of fun imho if you like a "fps w/ powers." The storytelling and characters are not in the same league as Bioshock and Darkness 2, but the gameplay is solid.

bread's done
Back