New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

[quote name='kerouac kid']Ad Link[/QUOTE]
Thanks, but that link is broken. I tried to search my local ad (manhattan, new york) and it doesnt have the deus ex or portal sale.

[quote name='Bong']Can anyone help me get a copy of the k-mart ad that shows deus ex for 9.99? I went to my local kmart and they dont have that price, said if I show nthem the add they will match it.[/QUOTE]

I had "non-ad store" Kmarts try to tell me they didn't have ads. Turns out, there was a black book at the service desk with an up to date copy in it (photo copied). So, while they may not have ads for the public, yours may have it in one of those drawers at customer service.

Damn.

I am just realizing how much Sears Your Way Rewards sucks without the gaming side of things (first time I've made any substantial purchases in a long time)

I just spend $1400 on Appliances, and $80 on a blu-ray player, and my account only has $14.79 worth of points. LOL. When my appliances said they came with 14,000 points, somewhere in my brain I thought that would be $140, not $14. Only got $.80 for the blu-ray player.

Hey, at least they gave me my free $3.00 though. On a related note, since that $3 is expiring today, if I want to use Your Way Rewards points will it automatically use the promotional points first? Or would I have to use my existing points first? I kind of don't want to use my "earned" points at all, because I know sometimes they have 2x or even 5x multiplyers when you spend points. If I could get one of these $9.99 games for $6.99 using just the holiday points I think we would have a deal, but only if I could just use the holiday $3 points and nothing else.

I scanned some games that had stickers that said Sale Price on them and the price that came up on the scanner was the regular older sticker not the sticker with the cheaper sale price. I also noticed sales tax is calculated on the amount after your SYWR points are applied.

[quote name='Agent Orange']Damn.
Hey, at least they gave me my free $3.00 though. On a related note, since that $3 is expiring today, if I want to use Your Way Rewards points will it automatically use the promotional points first? Or would I have to use my existing points first? I kind of don't want to use my "earned" points at all, because I know sometimes they have 2x or even 5x multiplyers when you spend points. If I could get one of these $9.99 games for $6.99 using just the holiday points I think we would have a deal, but only if I could just use the holiday $3 points and nothing else.[/QUOTE]

If the cashier enters it right that should work but I have had problems with that. When I had $5 in points expiring I had a $10 purchase and said I only wanted to use $5 worth of points and pay for the rest with a gift card, they took $10 all from the points. Another time I told them I didn't want to use my points at all (they weren't expiring) on a $5 game and they took the points off anyway. I guess saving some points is something most cashiers there don't get since it doesn't happen that often.

It will deduct the expiring points first though.

Picked up Need For Speed Most Wanted Vita for $10 after using the $15 off coupon and the free $5 SYWR points.

[quote name='Bong']Can anyone help me get a copy of the k-mart ad that shows deus ex for 9.99? I went to my local kmart and they dont have that price, said if I show nthem the add they will match it.[/QUOTE]

Did they scan it? I successfully bought Portal 2 for that price.

yeah they don't follow the ads. Make a print out of the ad from another kmart store and they'll match it

Both Corvallis and Albany, OR Kmarts have completely done away with clearance shelves, instead they have those amazing "bargain bins" for $20. Of course there isn't a game in the bin that's worth ten, so I question the bargain part of the name. It is technically a bin though.

[quote name='berzirk']Of course there isn't a game in the bin that's worth ten, so I question the bargain part of the name. It is technically a bin though.[/QUOTE]

Maybe the bin itself was a bargain, and Kmart is just letting you know they got a good deal on it?

[quote name='ArmyOfFun']Maybe the bin itself was a bargain, and Kmart is just letting you know they got a good deal on it?[/QUOTE]

I can respect that. I hope they used their SYWR card. You don't want to pass up on the opportunity to gain $.37 in rewards for a nice bin like that.

[quote name='berzirk']Both Corvallis and Albany, OR Kmarts have completely done away with clearance shelves, instead they have those amazing "bargain bins" for $20. Of course there isn't a game in the bin that's worth ten, so I question the bargain part of the name. It is technically a bin though.[/QUOTE]

Heh, I check both of those. Never found anything of interest ever on clearance. They do have $14.99 "value" games I've seen, but it's shovelware for the Wii.

Edit: Well I did pick up Yakuza 3 way way back when it hit $15 right when Yakuza 4 came out. Of course I could never find Yakuza 4 at that price or lower.

It's funny. I saw some of the clearance stickers on the games and looks like they try to remove it, but has pieces left. They have those stickers on top of the upc and is in those $10-$20 bin. Kmart games are overprice. Lucky, I had 1 $15 gaming coupon and $10 in points.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Heh, I check both of those. Never found anything of interest ever on clearance. They do have $14.99 "value" games I've seen, but it's shovelware for the Wii.

Edit: Well I did pick up Yakuza 3 way way back when it hit $15 right when Yakuza 4 came out. Of course I could never find Yakuza 4 at that price or lower.[/QUOTE]

I picked up Yakuza Dead Souls for $14.99 at Kmart last weekend. First time I saw that. It has the generic "bargain" UPC sticker on the back.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Check your SYWR account to see if you got any free munnayyyyy hunnayyyy![/QUOTE]

They gave me $7 and havent used my account since I bought zelda skyword sword.

they gave me $7 but it says "redeem in toys" this after i received an email saying it was for "shoes." Anyways it's only good 12/7-12/10 apparently EDIT: and only good in-store. And video games don't count as toys...

[quote name='johnston306']they gave me $7 but it says "redeem in toys" this after i received an email saying it was for "shoes." Anyways it's only good 12/7-12/10 apparently EDIT: and only good in-store. And video games don't count as toys...[/QUOTE]

People have been using the 'shoes' points on whatever. As long as it shows up in your full points balance in the upper right hand corner of your screen.

Also, SYWR points can be used on PSN $ cards.

Just received another free $5 in Shop Your Way Reward points. What's everyone else getting with these points?

[quote name='caMOFOg']Just received another free $5 in Shop Your Way Reward points. What's everyone else getting with these points?[/QUOTE]

I had $7 worth of points deposited into my account earlier this week. So, I got in the car and picked up Deus Ex for $3. Thanks K-Mart!

I wanted Portal 2 so I could flip it to GameStop for $20 but they were out.

[quote name='caMOFOg']Just received another free $5 in Shop Your Way Reward points. What's everyone else getting with these points?[/QUOTE]
Prostitutes.
My K-Mart's in a pretty bad neighborhood, but it's amazing what the exchange rate will get you.

[quote name='fadersdream']Prostitutes.
My K-Mart's in a pretty bad neighborhood, but it's amazing what the exchange rate will get you.[/QUOTE]

Lmao don't forget the hiv test kit you can pick this up in the health and beauty aisle

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']People have been using the 'shoes' points on whatever. As long as it shows up in your full points balance in the upper right hand corner of your screen.

Also, SYWR points can be used on PSN $ cards.[/QUOTE]

How do I use my points? I just joined last week, the cashier will ask me or I just tell them?

[quote name='johnston306']How do I use my points? I just joined last week, the cashier will ask me or I just tell them?[/QUOTE]

Just tell them you want to use your SYWR points on this transaction. Don't forget your SYWR card because some employees will not give you the points without it.

[quote name='J7.']Just tell them you want to use your SYWR points on this transaction. Don't forget your SYWR card because some employees will not give you the points without it.[/QUOTE]

Yep. If you don't have your card, they ask you for your pin - much easier for them to just scan your card.

[quote name='J7.']Just tell them you want to use your SYWR points on this transaction. Don't forget your SYWR card because some employees will not give you the points without it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks EDIT: Thanksslppedyoursster too

[quote name='slppedyoursster']Yep. If you don't have your card, they ask you for your pin - much easier for them to just scan your card.[/QUOTE]

I wish they would have done either of these when someone decided to rob my $20 worth of SYWR points just by knowing my phone #. fucking incompetent employees. And do you think KMart would put the points back on my card because their employee didn't check for ID or pin#? Nope, shit out of luck, yet this was when they were giving away hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of points after Hurricane Sandy.

Got an extra $5 worth of points added to my account, headed down to my local Kmart to pick up the last :ps3: Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition for $15.71 (minus points + tax).

I was looking for a copy after Bioware gave away all the pre-order and facebook DLC away this morning. I was shocked at how expensive this game is now at Amazon and Ebay and was glad to find they still had a copy from when I had visited several weeks ago. The next cheapest place I could find was Newegg where it's going for $30.

I had to use my last $15 coupon that I got from their glitch before it expired tomorrow. Came across Rage Anarchy Edition for PS3 for $9.99. Purchased another PS3 accessory to get it over $15 so the total purchase came very close to free! K-mart has been awesome this year. FYI, I saw the sales tag for Deus Ex for PS3 for $9.99 but didn't see any in stock.

[quote name='midorix']I had to use my last $15 coupon that I got from their glitch before it expired tomorrow. Came across Rage Anarchy Edition for PS3 for $9.99. Purchased another PS3 accessory to get it over $15 so the total purchase came very close to free! K-mart has been awesome this year. FYI, I saw the sales tag for Deus Ex for PS3 for $9.99 but didn't see any in stock.[/QUOTE]

I had two $15 coupon left from my email, but when they scan, it said it was already used. Anyway, I was able to use my 3 ( the ones print out at register) and only 1 from the email. Still, kmart stuff overpriced, but cant complain if it's almost free.

New drop: :ps3: mass effect 2 9.99$

Brought 3 portal 2's for the ps3 today to take to gamestop tommorow. I left 2 in the glass case in the kmart at aster place for you nyc cheapies out there. Have fun :)

[quote name='strait edge follower']New drop: :ps3: mass effect 2 9.99$

Brought 3 portal 2's for the ps3 today to take to gamestop tommorow. I left 2 in the glass case in the kmart at aster place for you nyc cheapies out there. Have fun :)[/QUOTE]

I just picked up the last 2 copies of portal 2 for ps3 (had none for 360) at one of my K-marts. Kept one of them and trade one into Gamestop for $21.xx trade. I also noticed each ps3 one comes with a steam code to get portal 2 on steam as well!!!

[quote name='TKSJOHN']I just picked up the last 2 copies of portal 2 for ps3 (had none for 360) at one of my K-marts. Kept one of them and trade one into Gamestop for $21.xx trade. I also noticed each ps3 one comes with a steam code to get portal 2 on steam as well!!![/QUOTE]

thanks for reminding me ! Anyone want one of my steam codes ? Just pm me :)

[quote name='Josef']I wish they would have done either of these when someone decided to rob my $20 worth of SYWR points just by knowing my phone #. fucking incompetent employees. And do you think KMart would put the points back on my card because their employee didn't check for ID or pin#? Nope, shit out of luck, yet this was when they were giving away hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of points after Hurricane Sandy.[/QUOTE]

That sucks, they probably stopped checking ID/PIN due to so many people using the Sandy points.

[quote name='AvidWriter']I picked up ME2 ..... cerebrus code is expired.... Any chance if I called or emailed EA they'd give me a new code?[/QUOTE]

Ok...I just started playing ME2 for 360 right before Thanksgiving and I used my code to see if it would work. And, BOOM! Code accepted. If whatever reason it does not work, I have heard that EA is cool about giving you a replacement code (if you bought the game new - obviously).

Just got back from a different Kmart today, not much, but I got Sims 3 Pets Limited Edition on ps3for $4.97! Also got Deus Ex and Portal 2 both on ps3 for $9.99 (sale, not clearence!)

[quote name='TKSJOHN']Just got back from a different Kmart today, not much, but I got Sims 3 Pets Limited Edition on ps3for $4.97! Also got Deus Ex and Portal 2 both on ps3 for $9.99 (sale, not clearence!)[/QUOTE]

Looks like I need to get to kmart

[quote name='nietzsche74']I scanned a PS3 copy of Portal 2 today and it was not, repeat: WAS NOT $9.99.[/QUOTE]

Because it wasn't on clearance. It was on sale, and the sale ended yesterday.

Picked up Portal 2 PS3, Dragon Age II Xbox360, and Playstation Move Heroes PS3 yesterday. Using the $15 coupon from the glitch, I only paid $5.24 for it all.

I'm gonna enjoy these games and I hope that other people who got clearance games enjoy them too, because it looks like somebody ate that gravy train with Thanksgiving turkey. There's almost no clearance games anymore. There are now only a few for each system. The rest is either new games that aren't clearance or they're now "value" games with a price tag of around $20 with no chance of dropping. Not only that, but it seems like they've updated the system. All of the "value" games now have the proper SKU of $20, even without the new UPC sticker. So ripping off the stricker doesn't do a thing, since the other UPC will ring up for the "value" price as well. And that goes for all of them, newly "valued" games, and old ones that have had the "value" sticker on them for years.

bread's done
Back