New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

Anyone have any luck finding a PSP in Southern California? If anyone is willing to help me look I'm willing to do the same and sell at cost if I happen to find a system first.

[quote name='Romeo']I'm not sure how anyone is getting $1-2 games. I stopped at a store where I know the manager for electronics. Nearly all games mentioned here recently rang up at correct prices, generally $20 or above... Brink, Lost Planet 2, and others. Kmarts drops aren't ymmv so I'm a bit confused.[/QUOTE]

Did they have stickers over the UPC's?

Checked my K-Mart the other day. No clearance. Plenty of PlayStation 2 games (around $20) and saw Halo: Reach CE marked at $79.99. Of course, there was no one around to scan it, never is. Gotta love K-Mart.

[quote name='Romeo']I'm not sure how anyone is getting $1-2 games. I stopped at a store where I know the manager for electronics. Nearly all games mentioned here recently rang up at correct prices, generally $20 or above... Brink, Lost Planet 2, and others. Kmarts drops aren't ymmv so I'm a bit confused.[/QUOTE]

Same for me, only thing was mayhem 3d came to not on system.

[quote name='kingtopher']Actually, from what I've read Sears is in more trouble than Kmart.[/QUOTE]

It's hard to separate them since they are one in the same company. Do they publish separate traffic/financials publicly? Maybe they do in the footnotes, I honestly don't know as I wouldn't touch this company with a 10 foot pole (as far as being an investor is concerned).

Either way, Sears has radically gone downhill since KMART bought them out years ago. I see too many KMART's that are basically in areas ravaged by the ghetto, in dangerous areas I would not want to set foot in. Their merchandise looks like it's from the 1970's. Their only chance was instead of acquiring Sears all those years ago, to invest that money in closing stores in ghetto areas and upgrading their real-estate profile. Instead they took on LOADS of debt to buy out Sears, and invested NO money in stores whatsoever.

The combination was obviously doomed to fail. These companies have both been left in the dust to Wal-Mart, Target, etc. And now with the internet they are going to the weak hands that there is no room for in the market.

Well enough people have reported this, something is going on. So maybe games can be open to YMMV now (even though it normally isn't). Maybe it means something as far as these stores electronics departments or possibly even pre-cursor to announcing closings? Who knows.

I know I never have any luck at KMART, it's always "as marked", and completely ridiculous price for ancient games (i.e. $20 or $30 for games that aren't worth $5). Used to have all kinds of crazy finds like this at Sears though. Hopefully I will start having some luck at KMART for some of these $1 and $2 games.

Goodness knows they need to clearance them out. I notice relatively recently alot of games just magically disappeared from the shelves. Obviously so they could re-organize everything (went from major disaster, to semi-organized disaster). I don't go to KMART that often, but unless they had a dump bin of $1 games there's literally NO WAY they cleared all their old inventory between visits (only other option was if they shipped them away to a warehouse or "struck a deal" with a bulk buyer like Big Lots).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nixmahn']Did they have stickers over the UPC's?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ets']Same for me, only thing was mayhem 3d came to not on system.[/QUOTE]

No stickers, they were not value games. Some had green clearance stickers, some had white. All rang up price as marked. I checked two stores today, no special clearance like we had last fall.

Were you scanning Xbox 360 games? Those probably aren't on clearance. For example, RAGE PS3 was recently $4.97, and now it's removed from the system. So I got it for $1.97. But the 360 version still rings up at $19.99.

all the 1$ to 2$ games mentioned here were all suddenly removed from my kmart except for their fear 3 copies for 360. what the heck happened to them ? were they sold to a merchant or something ?

[quote name='strait edge follower']all the 1$ to 2$ games mentioned here were all suddenly removed from my kmart except for their fear 3 copies for 360. what the heck happened to them ? were they sold to a merchant or something ?[/QUOTE]
Maybe a CAG/SDer bought them?

[quote name='Fukurou']Maybe a CAG/SDer bought them?[/QUOTE]

doubtfull. ive never had any comepition at my kmarts and what not lol. not to mention kmart did a big clean up/re orginization of their game rack. a bunch of games were put in a 70% off clearance shelf and a ton of others dissapeared.

I saw a Star Wars force unleashed 2 LE at my local kmart, but the lady price checked it for me and they still wanted 49.99. :/ Was hoping it would be cheap.

Two days ago the PS3 Singstar game was penny out, they wanted $5 for it and I said no thanks after looking at the tracks, for me is worth $2 or less lmao.

[quote name='Fukurou']Maybe a CAG/SDer bought them?[/QUOTE]

No that's what happened at my KMART months back as well. They re-organized their shelves and got rid of a bunch of stuff - including what was in clearance at the time. But they still had a bunch of ANCIENT stuff behind the glass. There's literally NO WAY they actually sold all of that stuff to customers. Not even CAG's. It just disappeared. So either it's in the back somewhere, or maybe they sold it off in bulk.

[quote name='strait edge follower']all the 1$ to 2$ games mentioned here were all suddenly removed from my kmart except for their fear 3 copies for 360. what the heck happened to them ? were they sold to a merchant or something ?[/QUOTE]

I recently left my job at Kmart. Once an item goes "penny" status (requires manual entry of price) we were supposed to take the item off the shelf. They get sent away I believe.

[quote name='Robotuner']I recently left my job at Kmart. Once an item goes "penny" status (requires manual entry of price) we were supposed to take the item off the shelf. They get sent away I believe.[/QUOTE]

the only pennied out item i saw was fable 3 but it scanned as check shelf price for pricing on it. it had a 29.99 sticker on it so i said forget it lol. i didnt scan the fear 3 copies behind the glass though

For anyone that lives out here in Virginia Beach, I just came back from the one on Constitution Dr. and came home with Dungeon Siege III, Fear 3, Yakuza 4, and Dead Space 2 limited edition @ $5 a game. They just had a section with $5 clearance tags hanging from the inside of the gaming cabinet. I guess all other CAG's getting in on the $1-$2 games are lucky and YMMV. Two out of the four games that I got scanned out at $15-$20 respectively, but since they were tagged with $5 stickers, I got them to override the pricing. Good luck to other fellow CAG's in the area and I'm tempted to hit other K-Mart's just to see what else they might have.

[quote name='Bapesta']For anyone that lives out here in Virginia Beach, I just came back from the one on Constitution Dr. and came home with Dungeon Siege III, Fear 3, Yakuza 4, and Dead Space 2 limited edition @ $5 a game. They just had a section with $5 clearance tags hanging from the inside of the gaming cabinet. I guess all other CAG's getting in on the $1-$2 games are lucky and YMMV. Two out of the four games that I got scanned out at $15-$20 respectively, but since they were tagged with $5 stickers, I got them to override the pricing. Good luck to other fellow CAG's in the area and I'm tempted to hit other K-Mart's just to see what else they might have.[/QUOTE]
Seeing as you posted Yakuza, this is all PS3, right?

it was me ;)

[quote name='Zolor23']Seeing as you posted Yakuza, this is all PS3, right?[/QUOTE]

Yes, Yakuza 4 and Dead Space 2 were PS3. The other two titles were XBOX 360. If I'm not mistaken, they had copies of games for both systems except for Yakuza 4 as you know it's for PS3 only.

They ship them off to another location. My local store does it all the time. I've watched some of these games for years, then all of a sudden they are gone.

Picked up Dungeon Siege III (PS3) for $2.40.

Also noticed a copy of Vanquish (PS3). Did a price check and it had Check Self Label. The game was still in a plastic box and the tag on the inside said $20 or so.

Little devil on my shoulder was whispering in my ear to just come back later with the Dungeon Siege tag and slap it on there. :( Wont do it though.

Someone cleaned out the Decatur, IN K-mart. It looks like my CAG nemisis is back in town, or else I have a new one... lol

[quote name='The 7th Number']So these cheap games will have stickers on them saying they are that cheap? Will they ring up at the 1-2 dollar price if i scan them myself?[/QUOTE]
No and no. They'll ring up as "check shelf label." It's up to the cashier to change the price to $1-2 dollars. But they usually do lower it to that.

oh alright. Hopefully i can find some and the cashier knows to lower them to that price. Is there anything i can mention if they dont know to lower them to 1-2 dollars?

The cashiers have those price guns that they use to scan items. Have them scan the items and ask them to find the most recent price for the items with the price gun.

[quote name='Fukurou']The cashiers have those price guns that they use to scan items. Have them scan the items and ask them to find the most recent price for the items with the price gun.[/QUOTE]

The other day I found a ps3 game I wanted with a $19.99 price sticker on it, I scanned it, and it said check shelf price. Going tomorrow to see if I can get any $1-$2 games!

[quote name='The 7th Number']Thanks for the help.[/QUOTE]

You're welcome.

[quote name='TKSJOHN']The other day I found a ps3 game I wanted with a $19.99 price sticker on it, I scanned it, and it said check shelf price. Going tomorrow to see if I can get any $1-$2 games![/QUOTE]

What game is it? And I'd remove the sticker. They'll probably sell it for the stickered price, rather than look up the price.

I went today and everything rang up normal. Really i only saw Rage special edition and lost planet 2 for 360, and the god of war game i thought was 1 and 2 was actually the psp collection. :/ Oh well.

[quote name='Fukurou']Grabbed some more games today.

Fable III $2
Mystery Case Files $3[/QUOTE]

You're lucky. What state are you in?

[quote name='The Buffmuffin']There's a Fable 3 collectors edition at my local Kmart, behind the glass, shouldn't something like this be on sale by now?[/QUOTE]
It is. And it's for the low, low price of $49.97.

Anyone know if the :wii: Goldeneye 007 Bundle dropped?

[quote name='62t']Is castlevania LE Xbox 360 on sale?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='addicted2games']I checked one at mine about 3 weeks ago and it rang up $49.99 if I remember correctly.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't this $30 a few months after release? I remember picking up a PS3 copy for $30 at least.

Yes this is 29.99 not sure if its perm.

[quote name='Vinny']Anyone know if the :wii: Goldeneye 007 Bundle dropped?

Wasn't this $30 a few months after release? I remember picking up a PS3 copy for $30 at least.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Vinny']Anyone know if the :wii: Goldeneye 007 Bundle dropped?

Wasn't this $30 a few months after release? I remember picking up a PS3 copy for $30 at least.[/QUOTE]

i saw it with a tag for $50. Can anyone confirm the $30 price? Im from MD

bread's done
Back