New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

[quote name='bobphone']I bought 3 for MSRP last summer. You're an idiot for not doing the same.[/QUOTE]

Maybe he's not an idiot. Maybe he's just a person with a job who doesn't have to buy and resell games on the internet? Weird concept, I know, but those folks exist by the millions!

[quote name='JP73']Maybe he's not an idiot. Maybe he's just a person with a job who doesn't have to buy and resell games on the internet? Weird concept, I know, but those folks exist by the millions![/QUOTE]
Exactly. Why buy something for $50 and then sell it for $150 if you don't really feel like it? This guy gets it.

[quote name='GBAstar']You're insane. I would have bought them at MSRP and not thought twice about it. You could have most likely sold one to cover the cost of the other two.

I have never seen one in the wild like that (I started collecting after MPT released) and I'm kicking myself for not buying a copy on eBay when they were only selling for like $80 new.

Lesson learned I suppose.[/QUOTE]

I still regret selling my copy for $80 that I got on clearance for $25

Lesson learned I suppose.

[quote name='bobphone']I bought 3 for MSRP last summer. You're an idiot for not doing the same.[/QUOTE]

Damn dude, what's up with the name calling?! This particular store is about 2 hrs. away from me & I don't get there often. I didn't have the funds to get them at the time. Your the idiot for making such an ignorant comment. I had my run on this game when it clearanced at Sears. I was just being a true cag not wanting to pay msrp! :lol:

I think MPT prices will nosedive as soon as Nintendo makes them available on Wii U or rereleases digitally, or releases another Prime game. I bought mine for $30 on clearance about 3 years ago (still regret picking up only 1 of 2). The funny thing is I remember christmas of 3 or so years ago these things were $20 at BB. I never picked one up because I didnt have a wii at the time. Kept my original sealed and picked up another complete copy at GS for 44.xx after birthday coupon.

[quote name='ShoMinamimoto']Exactly. Why buy something for $50 and then sell it for $150 if you don't really feel like it? This guy gets it.[/QUOTE]
Pretty much this, I like to find deals for myself.
Wish we could separate all the flipping talk.
If there were less flippers then people who actually WANT the game could actually get a chance to play it.

[quote name='fadersdream']Pretty much this, I like to find deals for myself.
Wish we could separate all the flipping talk.
If there were less flippers then people who actually WANT the game could actually get a chance to play it.[/QUOTE]

I don't make anything out of flpping - in fact I rarely do it at all. 99% of the time I'm not even thinking about it, and I agree some people are really stupid/crazy about trying to leverage every $2 out of a flip, no matter how much legwork to get there.

But I also don't turn down a "sure thing" if it's right there slapping me in the face.

Obviously the poster gave his reasons why, which is perfectly fine, but it's kind of stupid to treat it like some sort of noble cause to NOT flip in those situations. Especially when the items in this case have been sitting there for YEARS, so it's not like he's taking opportunity away from someone that really wanted the game - otherwise it would already be gone. Someone that really wants the game will be willing to pay the collectors price on ebay. That's sounds more like a "win-win" to me.

[quote name='Agent Orange']I don't make anything out of flpping - in fact I rarely do it at all. 99% of the time I'm not even thinking about it, and I agree some people are really stupid/crazy about trying to leverage every $2 out of a flip, no matter how much legwork to get there.

But I also don't turn down a "sure thing" if it's right there slapping me in the face.

Obviously the poster gave his reasons why, which is perfectly fine, but it's kind of stupid to treat it like some sort of noble cause to NOT flip in those situations. Especially when the items in this case have been sitting there for YEARS, so it's not like he's taking opportunity away from someone that really wanted the game - otherwise it would already be gone. Someone that really wants the game will be willing to pay the collectors price on ebay. That's sounds more like a "win-win" to me.[/QUOTE]
I think you're getting specific and I'm getting general.
I have an issue with it because I also buy toys and other nerdy things and the flippers and the scalpers get to me. A lot of my hobbies become more work than fun when they get over-run. As far as clearance games that have been sitting around I don't care too much, but when the person is buying up every copy I'm not a fan.
However all the idiots that bought a half dozen WiiU's and got burned on the deal amused me to no end.

Snagged me the fabled SW the old republic CE for 30...mind you this is a kmart that i have not snagged a good clearance deal ever. Yep everything is fine and the box had it's far share of beat up. Not bad for 30 bucks.

Bought LO this past weekend for $4.

dsc01583pl.jpg

Yeah almost every game here is now a value game, except for a few lone games in the case that are at regular retail price but probably 90% of their stock is now value games with the new UPC.

[quote name='postaboy']Bought LO this past weekend for $4.

[pic][/QUOTE]

What a find! 2 Kmarts near me have Two Worlds 1 still and it is on clearance, however, it is also STILL $30 on clearance. (Same with TW2)

[quote name='postaboy']Bought LO this past weekend for $4.

dsc01583pl.jpg
[/QUOTE]

damn, nice score!
but if you plan to actually open it and play it then you kinda just screwed urself

[quote name='exaznkid']damn, nice score!
but if you plan to actually open it and play it then you kinda just screwed urself[/QUOTE]

Why? I heard its an amazing game.

Grabbed -

Lost planet 2 ps3 1.99
5x bulletstorm LE ps3 1.99
2x Dungeon siege 3 ps3 2.99
Harry potter deathly hollows part 2 (360) 2.99
2x Kung fu panda 2 udraw Wii 1.99
Bust a move 3ds 1.99
Dead or alive dimension 3ds 2.99

[quote name='ets']Why? I heard its an amazing game.[/QUOTE]

I would assume it goes for a decent amount sealed and you could use some of it to just buy a used copy.

[quote name='Optical']I would assume it goes for a decent amount sealed and you could use some of it to just buy a used copy.[/QUOTE]

Around $50-$60 sealed.

[quote name='exaznkid']damn, nice score!
but if you plan to actually open it and play it then you kinda just screwed urself[/QUOTE]

Nah I haven't open it yet, but thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='J7.']Got email free $5 good from 3/21-3/24[/QUOTE]

You just need to redeem any amount of points on a purchase and it'll automatically take an extra $5 off (or you'll keep the 5,000 points if your redeemed points already cover the entire purchase). It's one time only per account and it's good for all Shop Your Way members.

[quote name='Kovorkian']local Kmart has been applying stickers to ALL the games when they hit ~20 so nothing less than that unless advertised / black friday[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I saw the one in Hummels Wharf was like that. I went to the one at Lewistown and it was the same. Only deal I saw there was the Deus Ex Augmented for $9.99, which I passed on.

[quote name='pyoobez']Yeah. I saw the one in Hummels Wharf was like that. I went to the one at Lewistown and it was the same. Only deal I saw there was the Deus Ex Augmented for $9.99, which I passed on.[/QUOTE]

Yeha the one in Lewistown I had gotten some awesome deals,

Sidenote: The blockbuster is going out of business awesome deals, that goodwill has some amazing finds

Scanned these:
Flingsmash Bundle $29.99
Witcher 2 $19.99 (not sure if it was the Enhanced Edition, I think it was the Premium Edition, I think the Enhanced is the one without DRM)
Goldeneye Bundle $49.99

[quote name='wingsxvengeance']You just need to redeem any amount of points on a purchase and it'll automatically take an extra $5 off (or you'll keep the 5,000 points if your redeemed points already cover the entire purchase). It's one time only per account and it's good for all Shop Your Way members.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I don't think I had any points so it took the whole 5,000 off. I think I've had one of these before, at least for 3,000 points.

[quote name='lude21']Grabbed -

Lost planet 2 ps3 1.99
5x bulletstorm LE ps3 1.99
2x Dungeon siege 3 ps3 2.99
Harry potter deathly hollows part 2 (360) 2.99
2x Kung fu panda 2 udraw Wii 1.99
Bust a move 3ds 1.99
Dead or alive dimension 3ds 2.99[/QUOTE]

I printed out and scanned some of those game UPCs. All were out of the system but I found Bust A Move tagged for $1.99 so I was able to get it for that price.

^ awesome! Ya I got lucky. Good timing. And the employee knows what's he's doing. I brought all the CSL games I could find and he marked em down for me on the spot.

House of the Dead: Overkill (PS3) dropped to $9.97.

I laughed at the copies of Metroid Other M priced at $49.99, when I paid $5 for a copy at the local Five Below last week.

I found several games at a store that was once a Kmart...then a Sears Essentials.. then back to a Kmart. All are vanilla copies. I was rushed but there were more. Im never in that area, Maybe ill head back in a few weeks.

Purchased:

Dead Rising 2 $9.97 (360)
iconxbox360.gif

Splatterhouse $9.97(360)
iconxbox360.gif

Saw:

Shadows of the Damned both PS3/360 $9.97
iconxbox360.gif
iconps3.gif

Dynasty Warriors 7 360 $19.97
iconxbox360.gif

Dead Rising 2 Ps3 $9.97
iconps3.gif

Splatterhouse $9.97
iconps3.gif

PilotWings Resort 3DS $24.97:3ds:

I went to get Luigi mansion today and came back with more than i can handle..:D

PS3:
Tekken Hybrid $9.97
Sonic Generations $9.97
Uncharted 2 GOTY $9.97
Need for speed most wanted $9.97

I did see Mass Effect 2 at $4.97,alot of michael jackson experiment and shadows of the damned $9.97.

[quote name='BWeed560']I went to get Luigi mansion today and came back with more than i can handle..:D

PS3:
Tekken Hybrid $9.97
Sonic Generations $9.97
Uncharted 2 GOTY $9.97
Need for speed most wanted $9.97

I did see Mass Effect 2 at $4.97,alot of michael jackson experiment and shadows of the damned $9.97.[/QUOTE]
NFS MW :hot:

[quote name='shadowkast']There are two nfs:mw games. I highly doubt it's the newest one[/QUOTE]

I thought they didn't make the NFS:MW (2005) for PS3.

looks like kmart did alot of price drops on their old overpriced games. if they dropped warhammer space marine and deus ex for the ps3 to 5$ or so ill get those. i deff have to scan those

[quote name='strait edge follower']looks like kmart did alot of price drops on their old overpriced games. if they dropped warhammer space marine and deus ex for the ps3 to 5$ or so ill get those. i deff have to scan those[/QUOTE]

If I recall Space Marine was $29.99 and Dues Ex was $14.97

[quote name='TehTriggerman']If I recall Space Marine was $29.99 and Dues Ex was $14.97[/QUOTE]

the prices for those didnt change, dang ! as for most wanted i checked gamestop's website and they dont have a listing of the 2005 most wanted for ps3, only the digital version of the ps2 version is avalible for ps3. oh boy i hopenthe new most wanted is 9.99$ lol

[quote name='shadowkast']There are two nfs:mw games. I highly doubt it's the newest one[/QUOTE]

It was the new one FOR SURE..I would'nt buy it unless it was the new one.;) I was stoked to find such things at my kmart! This was from a kmart in Apple Valley, CAlifornia. I hope some of you guys get in on this. Happy trails !

[quote name='J7.']I was at Kmart few days ago Deus Ex had that $19.99 Value Sticker on it.[/QUOTE]

The non-stickered one is $9.97.

i got :ps3: mass effect 2 for 4.97$ i scanned some random games as well

:ps3::360: warhammer space marine 19.97$
:ps3::360: deus ex hr 9.97$
:ps3: dead island goty edition 19.97$
:360: dead rising 2 otr 9.97$ (didnt scan the ps3 version)

my kamart i went to had no more nfs mw so i have to check my other one

bread's done
Back