New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

Stopped in another K-Mart... they had a Halo Reach Xbox 360 Console for the low asking price of $350! They also had a God of War Legacy 500GB PS3 for $250, so, not all bad.

I picked up last friday at my usual Kmart in Jesup Ga.

Kirby's Epic Yarn $5

Steel Diver $4.97

Mario Tennis Open 19.99

Nintendo 2DS case 12.99 (yes, I bought a 2DS instead of a 3DS XL. I liked the look of it and didn't need 3D)

I'm pissed I didn't get Pilotwings Resort when I had the chance.

I picked up last friday at my usual Kmart in Jesup Ga.

Kirby's Epic Yarn $5

Steel Diver $4.97

Mario Tennis Open 19.99

Nintendo 2DS case 12.99 (yes, I bought a 2DS instead of a 3DS XL. I liked the look of it and didn't need 3D)

I'm pissed I didn't get Pilotwings Resort when I had the chance.
my kmart has pilot wings how much is it suppose to be ? mine has it for 10 i think last i checked

6-7 copies. 6-7. That is how many Spirit Tracks were in my Kmart last week. Now, there are 0. Not one left. To that Mountain Dew-drinking, scrawny-necked neckbeard that took them, I will find you. I will hunt you. And I will wring that scrawny neckbeard neck of yours. Make no mistake...

It's strange. We all tend to think we're the only ones watching these deals. I quickly learned differently after visiting Slickdeals, lol. You have to understand that these people buy indiscriminately. They may never even touch the game - they might not even know what it is - but if it's cheap enough (especially w/ any potential resale value), they buy. And they buy in bulk. I have about 7 Best Buys in my area and they can all easily sell out within hours of daily deals, which sucks because they're normally announced late at night. So I don't think it's just one neckbearded "el cheapo" doing all the damage.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's strange. We all tend to think we're the only ones watching these deals. I quickly learned differently after visiting Slickdeals, lol. You have to understand that these people buy indiscriminately. They may never even touch the game - they might not even know what it is - but if it's cheap enough (especially w/ any potential resale value), they buy. And they buy in bulk. I have about 7 Best Buys in my area and they can all easily sell out within hours of daily deals, which sucks because they're normally announced late at night. So I don't think it's just one neckbearded "el cheapo" doing all the damage.
You're probably right but at the same time it only takes one person to wipe out all your games when they go on sale.

So true

My Kmart had a bunch:

Goldeneye with gold controller

Dragonquest VI

Steel Diver

Patapon 3

Loco Roco 2

Dynasty Warriors 7

No Spirit Tracks, Pilotwings or Metroid Other M though.

If anyone's interested in a trade or their Kmart didn't have these PM me and we can work something out. I would definitely like to pick up the ones I couldn't find.

I noticed both the Diablo and Starcraft Battle Chests were down to $4.97 each.  Decent deal if you don't have them already.

Nope, Rune Factory 3 is ringin up as $5. Just picked one up today and you guys are coincidentally talking about it lol

and DQM2J is still $35.

Nope, Rune Factory 3 is ringin up as $5. Just picked one up today and you guys are coincidentally talking about it lol

and DQM2J is still $35.
Dang it, the Kmart I was in today had a barcode label over the original barcode of the game. It rang up at 20 something. Nothing that I checked there was on clearance since it had those labels on top.

Dang it, the Kmart I was in today had a barcode label over the original barcode of the game. It rang up at 20 something. Nothing that I checked there was on clearance since it had those labels on top.

and DQM2J is still $35.
you both realize that kmart clearance is YMMV, so what a game "might" be is not what it "could" be

when i got to kmart and i find something know someone will take (like the legend of zelda twilight princess for 9.99) i hid it my hiding places are good too lol good look with the scavenger searches lol i usually come back 2 weeks laters its still there = ) i change the hiding spots of course

Any idea how long it takes KMart to do price drops on older games.  My KMart has Valkyria Chronicles 2 for the PSP and its been priced at $14.99 for MONTHS.  I want to pick it up but cant justify spending that on an older title.

Any idea how long it takes KMart to do price drops on older games. My KMart has Valkyria Chronicles 2 for the PSP and its been priced at $14.99 for MONTHS. I want to pick it up but cant justify spending that on an older title.
Usually between 1 week and 8 years. It's really hard to judge since you'll see stuff drop immediately at most stores and then the one store around you will have it over current MSRP for months.

It was $14.99 when I scanned it last week. Decent markdown.
Hm. Not too bad. $10 or $5 would've been nice, and I should've probably tried to scan it earlier today but $14.99 isn't bad at all. I'll probably pick it up since I've been wanting to play it for a while.

EDIT: I tried scanning Shinobi, Harvest Moon Grand Bazaar, Professor Layton and the Unwound Future, and another Golden Sun at a different Kmart and only found Golden Sun to be $5. I picked it up because it was mintier than the last one I got so I'll be returning the non mint one later. Shinobi and everything else were ringing up $20-$30.

Try and get ahold of Kid Icarus reguardless. Ive noticed its out of production and you cant find it on Gamestop, Bestbuys, etc websites. Amazon is selling it for $42 right now but it was $45 a couple weeks ago.

Get the game while you can if you want it cuz in a year it could turn into a mini-xenoblade situation. (although not as bad because they did make a lot).

Went to a closing Kmart today and I guess their system isn't the same anymore since they do their own markdowns of 30-60% off. I took Pilotwings to the counter and thought it would ring up as $5 but it rang up as $7.50 because of their store closing sale and bought it anyway. $2.50 more than I wanted to pay, but it was kind of a far drive and I couldn't leave empty handed lol. Kmart wins :(

Also, Kmart never restocks on these clearance items right? There's one more Kmart that's a reasonable amount of time away that I haven't checked and figured that I might as well since I've cleared out most of the other ones in my area.

I remember running into that at a closing store a while ago. Games were 50% off but there had been another drop at non closing stores so it ended up being the same price for the same game at the closing and non closing store.

Just got back from K-Mart. The game case looked depleted but I managed to find a few games I wanted.
Star Fox 64 3D 9.97
Rhythm Heaven Fever 9.97
Fortune Street 19.99
I would have never of even seen Fortune Street, but while I was having the electronics worker price check games he pointed out the game to me. Fortune Street seemed like a game a lot of people overlooked. Plus, I had not seen it in a while in any store. When he showed the game to me I knew I had to pick it up.

Just got back from K-Mart. The game case looked depleted but I managed to find a few games I wanted.
Star Fox 64 3D 9.97
Rhythm Heaven Fever 9.97
Fortune Street 19.99
I would have never of even seen Fortune Street, but while I was having the electronics worker price check games he pointed out the game to me. Fortune Street seemed like a game a lot of people overlooked. Plus, I had not seen it in a while in any store. When he showed the game to me I knew I had to pick it up.
Fortune - $17.97 free ship on amazon....

Grabbed another copy of Goldeneye 007 for Wii with the gold classic controller. Now they're marked $9.97. They have 1 more at the Cape Girardeau, MO store.

Had Kirby Epic Yarn marked $14.99, didn't ask to scan the Kirby collection (shows $39.99). No Starfox 3ds or Old Republic CE.

Had 2 or more Xbox Ones in stock. No PS4.

Just picked up the last copy of Kid Icarus for $19.99. Pokemon conquest rang up $14.99. Metroid other M $4.99. Not much else at all, Christmas shopping seems to have clean them out for the most part. I went to see if they still had a 007 golden eye bundle , no luck, shouldn't have held out on it.

bread's done
Back