New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

Looked at your activity. Duh. You ever hear the saying "Integrity is what you do when no one is looking"? You can't absolve yourself of doing thats that seem unfair to others when you do them yourself. "Well, as long as no one is looking anywhere else, I can talk about the shameful things that they're doing."... It doesn't work that way.

Oh - and do you REALLY think that Sony means for 5 people to share a game from each purchase? Come the hell on. If they did, then they would just give you five licenses when you buy the game.
Even if I agreed with your position on gamesharing, it's still pretty lame of you to try to make a point by going through my post history. I mean, really. One has nothing to do with the other, and there was no self-absolving on my part since I never thought I was wrong to begin with. I have, however, worked retail and would never deliberately mislabel or hide inventory from patrons. You know, since we relied on them to keep the store going and all. It'd be one thing if this was an isolated thing, but it's that sort of pervasive apathy most Kmart associates possess that makes the store such a displeasure to shop at. WTF, nothing is ever priced right in that damned store and here we have someone bragging about it. SMH. This isn't about moral superiority, but would it kill somebody to do the jobs they're paid to do?!

SORRY for dragging this out, guys. My last post post on this matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shat up I want to see Kmart clearance not you guys argue about integrity we all know as CAGs none of us have any.
speak fo' yo' self dawg. I gotz all de integrities...at my local kmart on clearance mind you.

So wait a fuck en second. These 3ds cases on clearance trade in on amazon for HOW MUCHZ? post a link I can't find it on amazon and I passed on 3 this evening.

is this it?

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-3DS-Explorer-Starter-Kit/dp/B004UGJ9QG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390450896&sr=8-1&keywords=3ds+case

cause I don't see no trade in options

The Kmart I have sucks, but the lady that works in the department almost always update prices. I was searching for auto vacs, but no luck. Anyway, here is stuff i saw: 

Nintendo ds pink transporter case $5.00

A 3ds silver case with earbuds, etc in a box for $5

A wii black deluxe game traveler  $2.50

I only got the traveler case since it was so cheap to store the Wii.

Not game related, but they had a 90% off Christmas stuff and holiday gifts like candy, hickory farm gift set, etc. YMMV

The gift stuff rings up at regular price, so a manager had to override. (They had 4 big signs posted and had one asile)

Johnsonville gift set $0.44

Hickory Farm $19.99 set for $1.99

Floss pack $1.19 each ( got 5 why not)

People need to stop being upset that they cant find stuff to flip. If they work at Kmart, they have every right to get it. Im pretty sure most people that work  at their workplace find deals. People need to just learn to congrat other here for finding the deals and the effort to post. Cant we just her along? 

Those rat bastards... found a PS3 Skylanders and Tomb Raider Trilogy, had them price check, and then they said $10 for TR and $25 for Skylanders because of them being out of the system.

Checked three kmarts. Only thing recently mentioned that I found was one Elite travel case. Wanted to get Spider-man, Juarez, and Skylanders. Struck out everywhere.

I noticed people talking about amazon trade in. It just doesn't make sense how they figure out values. Example: Tron CE. For PS3 you can get $17. For Xbox, you get $.25. Yet they sell for the same price new.

Didn't have much to do today, so went around to three Kmart's in the area. I hadn't really clearance shopped at them since last Christmas. First was a bust, second I was able to find a Skylanders Wii game for $6 and two of these for $5.50.

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Lord-Rings-Hobbit-Urak-Hai/dp/B007Q0OUKS/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1390506640&sr=8-7&keywords=lego+lord+of+the+rings

MSRP is $35, but they're retired now. I'm a big Lego fan, so that was a pretty big deal for me. Great army builders. They weren't marked so I had to have them scanned.

Third Kmart was a bust except for some Christmas candy. 

By the way if anyone is looking for a :ps3: Tomb Raider Trilogy and has anything interesting from Kmart clearance they might want to swap I've got two extra at the moment.

Shat up I want to see Kmart clearance not you guys argue about integrity we all know as CAGs none of us have any.

I can disagree with that. I loathe flippers. I've suggested to mods and staff to perm ban anyone admitting to it.

DAMMIT I DON'T EVEN WANT ANY OF THE STUFF I BOUGHT ALL I WANT IS HARVEST MOON

Then why did you buy it in the first place? Return what you don't want, or offer it to members here. I tried three kmarts and struck out on finding any games I was hunting for.

It's...a...joke? Lol if you've been reading this thread you'll know that I've wanted Harvest Moon for a while. GL banning flippers, that'll definitely stop them or any of us from doing so.

Bust at one of my kmarts.  The others had Kid Icarus and a few other things but they were out the system.  Also got a wii fit plus that folks were talking about.

I found two of the cases today. I've never traded anything to Amazon. Can someone direct me to a reliable link that gives me a step by step process? I don't see it on their site and I don't want to screw anything up. Thx.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

I found two of the cases today. I've never traded anything to Amazon. Can someone direct me to a reliable link that gives me a step by step process? I don't see it on their site and I don't want to screw anything up. Thx.
On the right hand side you'll see a prompt that reads, "sell us your item for a xx.xx gift card". Click that.

I went to my local Kmart hoping to find Tomb Raider, but no luck. They still have a brand new copy of NHL 99 for the PS1, still rings up....for $49.99....

I went to the Kmart by my campus and found a LOT of stuff. Will post after class with findings.

By the way if anyone is looking for a :ps3: Tomb Raider Trilogy and has anything interesting from Kmart clearance they might want to swap I've got two extra at the moment.
Curious, what would you be interested in?

My store is closing, everything video game related is "10% to 25%" at the moment.

No luck on most of the things mentioned recently. They do have a crap load of PS3s though. Had a few 250gb The Last of Us bundles marked at $200 and 10% off, I'll be grabbing it if it hits $150 after tax.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

On the right hand side you'll see a prompt that reads, "sell us your item for a xx.xx gift card". Click that.
Thanks. Another noob question, Amazon has this $20 bonus credit towards PS digital content when trading certain gaming items and this apparently applies cause it popped up as I'm going through the process? Assuming I'm correct and not misunderstanding:

Can I trade in multiple cases under separate transactions but same name/address and qualify for this $20 each time?

Do I have to do anything specific with regards to qualifying/receiving this $20 bonus or just complete the transaction as normal?

Also, is there any limit to the number of cases (or any other item) that I can trade in? If I find additional cases, I can trade those in as well?

Are these sorts of questions wiki'd anywhere?

Curious, what would you be interested in?
I don't know, that's why I left it open to interpretation. Only thing off the top of my head I haven't been able to find lately was Starfox 64 3D but not doubt anyone's going to want to swap that for TR Trilogy. Oh Rune Factory 3 would be awesome as well.

Can I trade in multiple cases under separate transactions but same name/address and qualify for this $20 each time?

Do I have to do anything specific with regards to qualifying/receiving this $20 bonus or just complete the transaction as normal?

Also, is there any limit to the number of cases (or any other item) that I can trade in? If I find additional cases, I can trade those in as we
One bonus per account. $20 minimum accepted trade value of video game related items. Limit two per three months of most items.

The nice thing about Amazon is that they keep track in the system of how many you have traded, and won't let you submit more than 2.

Anyways, picked up NASCAR 2011 today for PS3 for $5.  Left behind Castlevania CE 360 for $5 also, along with one PS3 and two 3ds Skylander Spyro packs that were marked $9.99

Ok thanks.  I have other names/addresses I can use.  I assume the answer is no but it doesn't hurt to ask.  My girlfriend lives with me, can I submit an additional two under her name but same address? 

Ok thanks. I have other names/addresses I can use. I assume the answer is no but it doesn't hurt to ask. My girlfriend lives with me, can I submit an additional two under her name but same address?
Be awful careful, they've banned people for submitting multiple trades that way and even using different addresses and the same IP.

Be awful careful, they've banned people for submitting multiple trades that way and even using different addresses and the same IP.
Ok, no sweat, I won't chance using the girlfriend w/ same address. I also have access to multiple IPs.

Sorry for all of these questions, just don't want to screw this up. I assume most of you do not use the get paid now option? I'm selecting not to get paid now just because it seems like less of a problem if Amazon chooses to screw me even though there should not be a problem. I'm actually excited to get $27 trade in plus the $20 PS credit...feels like christmas. This is more fun than christmas cause I bought my own presents to put under the tree.

Ok, no sweat, I won't chance using the girlfriend w/ same address. I also have access to multiple IPs.

Sorry for all of these questions, just don't want to screw this up. I assume most of you do not use the get paid now option? I'm selecting not to get paid now just because it seems like less of a problem if Amazon chooses to screw me even though there should not be a problem. I'm actually excited to get $27 trade in plus the $20 PS credit...feels like christmas. This is more fun than christmas cause I bought my own presents to put under the tree.
Yeah get paid now is a disaster waiting to happen and every time someone picks it disaster befalls them. There's also the amazon trade-in thread that answers a lot of questions in the OP. I would link it but on my phone.

Yeah get paid now is a disaster waiting to happen and every time someone picks it disaster befalls them. There's also the amazon trade-in thread that answers a lot of questions in the OP. I would link it but on my phone.
I'll find the amazon trade thread. Usually I ignore anything about Amazon. I've only bought from amazon maybe 5 times ever. I'm not prime so I find it easier to go to a store and buy what I need unless the item isn't carried in stores. Now with the $35 shipping its even worse. I spent an hour the other day trying to find a $9 item that I actually wanted so that I'd get free shipping on a purchase that I made for my mother. The website seems terrible for browsing, at least the way I do it. Ok enough off topic. I love Kmart!

looks like the 90% off check shelf label price thing is over..found a driver for xbox for 19.97 but scanned as check self label so tried my luck they told me its 19.97 :p no 90% off.. :(

looks like the 90% off check shelf label price thing is over..found a driver for xbox for 19.97 but scanned as check self label so tried my luck they told me its 19.97 :p no 90% off.. :(
Yeah, it's just YMMV and the manager. Always need to have a manager make the decision because half the time the normal employees don't know and the other half they don't care. Of course the manager can still say no but if the employee says no then at least make them ask the manager.

Found a couple of the Elite Carrying cases. My electronics cashier was awesome and reduced the price even further, so I paid $2.50 for each. Thank you guys for the heads up on them. Also found a Halo Reach Legendary Edition for $60, a PS3 Spyro's Adventure Pack $7.50, and a Resistance 3 Doomsday $20. This was between 2 K-Marts.

Yeah, it wouldn't ring up for nothing. I don't know why. Was told to come back another time. Didn't really want it so I put it back.
If it's out of the system then go back and try to get them to give it to you for 90% off ($4). A new copy easily fetches $30+ and even if you don't want to flip it there's a number of CAGs who would give you at least $20 for it I'm sure.

If it's out of the system then go back and try to get them to give it to you for 90% off ($4). A new copy easily fetches $30+ and even if you don't want to flip it there's a number of CAGs who would give you at least $20 for it I'm sure.
How does that work? Do you literally just ask the to give it to you 90% off? Do you have to explain to them anything like check self label and all that jazz? My Kmart has like 3 copies of TR Trilogy and I want em but they're still stickered at $39.99. I'm pretty sure they'll ring up as out of the system since that Kmart is always on top of clearance sales and up to date most of the time. Do I just say, can you sell it at 90% off instead?

How does that work? Do you literally just ask the to give it to you 90% off? Do you have to explain to them anything like check self label and all that jazz? My Kmart has like 3 copies of TR Trilogy and I want em but they're still stickered at $39.99. I'm pretty sure they'll ring up as out of the system since that Kmart is always on top of clearance sales and up to date most of the time. Do I just say, can you sell it at 90% off instead?
TR Trilogy is still in the system and will ring up at $4. Yea just say they usually give you 90% off the last price. They have a scanner gun thing they can scan it with and it will still have a price in there that they can take 90% off.

Grabbed: :ps3: Street Fighter X Tekken $16

Saw a ton of stuff stickered over (assuming these are clearance or OOS)

Rune Factory 3 :wall:

Final Fantasy Chronicles: Rings of Fate

Golden Sun

Some OOS stuff I saw

:360: Def Jam Rapstar

:ps3: Def Jam Rapstar

:3ds: Steeldiver

:360: Michael Jackson: The Experience

:ps3: Michael Jackson: The Experience

You ask politely? If it's something locked up I usually ask the clerk to scan one and see what they say. If they don't have any clue, tell me I'm not allowed to buy it or anything else then I ask politely if they'll call a manager over so I can ask them if they'll sell it to me cheaper since it's clearanced out of the system. The 90% is either unwritten policy or something because enough managers do it but still YMMV if they'll do it at all or offer you something different.

TR Trilogy is still in the system and will ring up at $4

I think you're mistaken. A number of us have gotten it for $4 because it's out of the system and they marked it down 90% from the $40 price.

bread's done
Back