New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

Picked up :ds: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Ring of Fates for $17.27 at the Bellflower store; it doesn't seem to be on clearance, but on sale?
They are still being stingy with knocking the rest of the games to 90% in the case even through they are all out of the price system.
FF CC Ring of Fates used to be on clearance. I remembered picking one up for less than $5 and other DS games at this Bellflower Kmart 3 years ago. Did your copy by chance have a Kmart UPC sticker over the UPC sticker? I stopped at this location 2 months ago and saw a bunch of clearance games (former clearance games) with customized price stickers. This Kmart and Anaheim (on Euclid and Katella) will never give 90% off on a game that are out of the system. Anaheim Kmart is the worst. I even got rejected on a freakn game that rung up less than $5 lol. The employee said it must be a pricing error and that they are not allow to sell games under $5. Go figure.

Last edited by a moderator:
FF CC Ring of Fates used to be on clearance. I remembered picking one up for less than $5 and other DS games at this Bellflower Kmart 3 years ago. Did your copy by chance have a Kmart UPC sticker over the UPC sticker? I stopped at this location 2 months ago and saw a bunch of clearance games (former clearance games) with customized price stickers. This Kmart and Anaheim (on Euclid and Katella) will never give 90% off on a game that are out of the system. Anaheim Kmart is the worst. I even got rejected on a freakn game that rung up less than $5 lol. The employee said it must be a pricing error and that they are not allow to sell games under $5. Go figure.
My Kmart has one with the UPC covered with the stickers so it most likely is :(

Luigi Wii Remote Plus - was $32 "Clearance"

Gunstringer/Fruit Ninja Kinect - was out of system so they sold it for last marked price of $10

Not a great deal on either, but I went ahead and got them just because I had the $20 back on $20 and $10 back on $10 coupons from Facebook. (Yes, I had to do 2 separate transations). Also if anyone got the targeted email offering "$10 back in points on your next purchase" and loaded it to your account - it stacks with the $20 back on $20 FB coupon.

Also Lumines for Vita rang up $18 in my store instead of the expected $2, pass. Selection was pretty barebones since the last time I've been there. 

Yeah it had the $19.99 Great Games Great Price sticker. A lot of the games are still holding from my last check up in August. Last time I was there I bought DQM Joker 2 for $15 since it seems to be the lowest they will go and I didn't want to end up driving to Costa Mesa to get it if it was gone.
Not as bad as the Fairfax District K-Mart across from Farmer's Market in LA I saw a few months ago, they gut the games GameStop-Style and still charge full clearance price. :evil:

tip: always double check the games with the "Great Games" Sticker on top, some of them don't have the bar-code sticker on the back and you can get clearance price on them.

Mario Tennis 3ds and Fortune Street Wii both came up as "check shelf tag". Nice guy said he couldn't sell them without a manager assigning a clearance price. Ima check back tomorrow so here's hoping.

Other drops:

Luigi wii remote plus - $24. Snagged this one!
Wii U protector kit - $2. Grabbed it for my future wii u.
De blob 2 - 7.49
Harvest Moon 3ds - 14 and some change. It was marked as 19.99 great games price.

8GB vita memory card for 12 bucks

Vita starter kit for 4 bucks. (Includes 4GB card)
Found the starter kit for 4 bucks around here too. Lady (likely the dept manager) said she was wondering if someone would ever buy it. It had 3 or four yellow clearance tags layered beneath the $4 tag on top.

Stopped at a couple stores today.  Diablo III for PS3 is out of the system, but I had no luck getting it for $6.  There were a handful of other games marked down to $15.99, the only ones  I remember were Skyrim GOTY for PS3 and Red Dead Redemption with Undead for PS3, but there were 5 or 6 others too.  Hopefully they'll drop under $10 for the next round of markdowns.

Nah, I have the black label. Don't remember the price, but it was fortunately on clearance -- one of those titles I planned to eventually get around to playing :wall:
Man I remember the beta so many years ago. Put a good 100 hours into it. The games heyday was a long time ago and subsequently killed with patches starting at v1.03.

Stopped at a couple stores today. Diablo III for PS3 is out of the system, but I had no luck getting it for $6. There were a handful of other games marked down to $15.99, the only ones I remember were Skyrim GOTY for PS3 and Red Dead Redemption with Undead for PS3, but there were 5 or 6 others too. Hopefully they'll drop under $10 for the next round of markdowns.
my store has skyrim marked at 15.99, but it rings up at 12

Picked up Sim City (2013) for $2.99 the other day since it rang up OOS.  I actually found it buried in a pile of $5 DVDs lol.  

Would anyone know if you can still use shop your way rewards points on psn cards or have they changed the system to not allow gift cards? 

Would anyone know if you can still use shop your way rewards points on psn cards or have they changed the system to not allow gift cards? 

Anyone checked the Vita's yet? I've been meaning to get back and check the one at my local KMart that was tagged with the yellow clearance sticker at $160. Normally when they drop further they don't always keep up with the prices at my local KMart so I'm curious/hoping it's actually dropped lower.

Kmart that's closing on brookpark in Cleveland is up to 40% off games.

Selections not very good though.

They'll be closing in the first or second week of October

Should we make a new thread with a guy that updates all the drops in the first post? when we had that going on, it was alot easier to browse instore.

Picked up these today:
Acme arsenal (Wii) $3.00

Sonic Colors (Wii) $3.00

Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed Bonus Edition - Nintendo Wii U $12.00 I'm debating on keeping or not

PokePark: Pikachu's Adventure (Wii) $20.00

Forza 4 Collectors edition - $32
Skylander Giant Singles (not giant fig) - $3.50
Skylanders 3pk fig - $2.50, yes the price is correct.

Sears did not go into the details of how it plans to use these funds, saying only that it expects to use the loan’s proceeds for “general corporate purposes.”

I think that means it's going towards bonuses.

This holiday season is pretty much make or break for Sears/Kmart.  There's no way they can continue to loose that much money.  I bet this year's black Friday sale will be pretty aggressive.

I wonder if Craftsman will continue or will it sink with the ship?  The name will probably be bought by some Chinese company that will use the name to sell cheap tools that will break/rust within a year of purchase.

Some big moves at my local Kmart today:

Wii motion with Motion Plus remote: $20
Modern Warfare 3 360: $9
Metal Gear Rising 360: $5
Xbox 360 Kinect: $22

Sears did not go into the details of how it plans to use these funds, saying only that it expects to use the loan’s proceeds for “general corporate purposes.”

I think that means it's going towards bonuses.

This holiday season is pretty much make or break for Sears/Kmart. There's no way they can continue to loose that much money. I bet this year's black Friday sale will be pretty aggressive.

I wonder if Craftsman will continue or will it sink with the ship? The name will probably be bought by some Chinese company that will use the name to sell cheap tools that will break/rust within a year of purchase.
I don't have much faith in them making a profit and staying in business. They've lost money for 30 quarters straight (7.5 years of losses quarter after quarter without a single profitable quarter). They might be able to make it into 2015 but it's going to be damn near impossible for them to survive through the end of next year (and there's a really good chance they don't make it through the holidays this year).

If you read in detail about the loan, the CEO used his own hedgefund to loan the money to Sears and it's backed by real estate collateral that could be worth up to 1 billion dollars. So now if the company falls into bankruptcy, the CEO's hedge fund is set up to make a 600 million dollar profit. I have no idea if that's legal but it certainly seems unethical.

I have no doubt that lampert is going to be in hot water come bankruptcy time. They've been milking sears holdings for years. The real estate and historically strong brand names are their major assets but if they encumber/sell those...

I have no doubt that lampert is going to be in hot water come bankruptcy time. They've been milking sears holdings for years. The real estate and historically strong brand names are their major assets but if they encumber/sell those...
Who knows what will happen, I just want to make sure everyone is aware that bankruptcy could be here soon and when it happens their coupons may be valueless. I've got a $50 gift card I need to use soon.

Sears was such a major company in the 20th century. They were originally called Roebuck and Sears Co. and were pretty much responsible for the idea of shipping goods to the customer through their mail-order catalogues, if I recall correctly. How the mighty have fallen.

Sears was such a major company in the 20th century. They were originally called Roebuck and Sears Co. and were pretty much responsible for the idea of shipping goods to the customer through their mail-order catalogues, if I recall correctly. How the mighty have fallen.
ironically they are having money problems this bad in a way for the fact sears is the one that created the discover credit card but things went down for sears big time after Kmart bought them out

You could sort of consider the mail order catalogue as a disruptive technology. It's actually kind of ironic if you think about it because the Internet is out cataloguing them now and they even have a website.

ironically they are having money problems this bad in a way for the fact sears is the one that created the discover credit card but things went down for sears big time after Kmart bought them out
Sears also created Allstate Insurance.

kid Icarus came up out of system, got it for $12. picked up jak and dexter for PS3 for $8 so I could use the spend $20 get $10 in points coupon.

Just found out the local Kmart is closing.  Not really surprised considering they had stopped receiving anything good about 8-10 months ago.  Pretty sure the local Sears is next since they had just as many customers as Kmart at any given time.

Just found out the local Kmart is closing. Not really surprised considering they had stopped receiving anything good about 8-10 months ago. Pretty sure the local Sears is next since they had just as many customers as Kmart at any given time.
Lemme guess... it's a town with a long abandoned building that used to house a Cub Foods and a Walmart?

I'm not sure the Sears is next. It got less people than the Kmart most days, but it does tend to sell the appliances/tools at a decent clip.

bread's done
Back