New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

In fact the one in Shamokin can still be read AMES due to it having been there for such a long time and nothing taking its place

Back to topic Shamokin Dam Kmart doesnt have too much stuff left in clearance alot of the stuff left is full MSRP or shoverlware

[quote name='evuong']Picked up a PS3 dual shock controller with resistance dual pack for $36. It was the only one they had left.
[/QUOTE]

Picked this one up too.

I also saw the God of War origins + Red DualShock 3 pack for $45, for anyone interested.

[quote name='Kovorkian']I take Rt 11 up to Bloomsburg and there is nothing of the sort between the strip(11&15 through Hummels Wharf and Shamokin Dam) and Bloomsburg

There was an Ames over in Shamokin however and a shopping complex with a Gamestop that are somewhat nearby but that is located off of Rt. 61[/QUOTE]
That must be it then. I know there was also a Goodwill somewhere out that way in an old run down looking shopping center. I found some really good & valuable game guides in there for $1-2 each when I was there last.

Picked up:

:ps3: De Blob 2 - $5
:3ds:Dead or Alive: Dimensions - $10
:3ds:Centipede Infestation - $5
and :3ds:Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars - $10

They also had some other 3ds games at my store:

Sims 3 - $10
Cubic Ninja - $10

Some interesting finds at my kmart today

Killzone 3 hellghast edition 49.97 (I know It's been cheaper lol)
Gears of war 3 epic edition 49.97 !!!!!!!! (I'm keeping my eye on this one along with killzone)
Cabelas dangerous hunts 2011 2 gun bundle with game (wii version) 24.99
Wii mote wwe undertaker charge station 9.99
Lbp goty bundle with plush sack boy 24.99 (I want that plush !)
They are aslo letting me get a halo reach collectors edition with the statue for 24.99 cause the tag isn't on it !

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='strait edge follower']
Lbp goty bundle with plush sack boy 24.99 (I want that plush !)[/QUOTE]
You shoulda been checking Blockbuster last August cuz they sold the standalone LBP Sackboy plushes with all sorta outfits on em for $1.29 when they went to 90% off when the chain cleared out most of their general merchandise.:D;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You shoulda been checking Blockbuster last August cuz they sold the standalone LBP Sackboy plushes with all sorta outfits on em for $1.29 when they went to 90% off when the chain cleared out most of their general merchandise.:D;)[/QUOTE]

An el hordo took all 5 of them :(

:lol: I'll admit I went all El Hoardo on those every time I saw them in a BBV store. I have a small army worth of them sitting in back of my closet and I gave out at least one each to my buddies' nieces and one nephew last year sometime. I think I still have like 40 of them sitting here collecting dust.

Actually I still have the one that came with my LBP2 Special Edition sitting in his lil plastic baggie too.:whistle2:# At least I'm finally using the bookends from the LBP2 SE inside that Init media cabinet I got from BB for $22.

[quote name='strait edge follower']
Lbp goty bundle with plush sack boy 24.99 (I want that plush !)

[/QUOTE]
I saw several of those for $19.97 at mine

Stopped by the local Kmart tonight and saw the following:

Resistance 1-2 Controller Bundle $30
Halo Reach Lengendary Edition $89
Sports Champion $5

Saw some DSiXL and Pokemon White (I think it was white) DSi bundle for $104 and the Gears of War 360 bundle for $280 in the Clifton Heights PA Kmart.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']My old headset(a PS2 Socom wired one) kept breaking up what I was saying during co-op on games, so even though I don't like those in-ear ones I finally cracked open mine and wouldn't go back to a wired one. Albeit I rarely do co-op, so most of the time the Sony headset is just sitting here in it's cradle collecting dust anymore.

But for the clarity it provided when I last played any co-op(either Dead Island or Inversion) I wouldn't go back to the wired ones for anything.[/QUOTE]
Fair enough. The old sony one does get the job done ok. I mistakenly said I got the Razorfish from Best Buy. Turns out, I got the wireless Rocketfish Model: RF-GPS31126 (SKU: 1151063) for $10.

Just scored 3 of the Mickey Mouse Wii controllers. The price wasn't coming up so he wanted to charge me 19.99 since that was the sticker price. I mentioned a buddy of mine picked one up for a dollar and after checking his scanner, he changed it to a buck. Kids will love these.

I went to my local kmart today and noticed that they had finally marked down a few of the cheaper games such as de blob for $5.

I also noticed that they had several PS3 resistance and GoW origins controller bundles that had the original $60 price tag on them. Are these supposedly marked down and will ring up differently? I think that I saw people on here saying that the resistance one is around $30 and the GoW origins one for $12?????

They also still have MW3 Hardened editions for both ps3 and xbox, anyone know if these are worth buying?

[quote name='Romeo']I went to a Kmart last week and picked up:

Nights for Wii - $3
3D Dot Heroes for PS3 - $10[/QUOTE]

Damn! Gotta check my local KMart and see if they got 3D DH for that price!

[quote name='Malibu_Barbie']

I also noticed that they had several PS3 resistance and GoW origins controller bundles that had the original $60 price tag on them. Are these supposedly marked down and will ring up differently? I think that I saw people on here saying that the resistance one is around $30 and the GoW origins one for $12?????

[/QUOTE]

The controller bundle I picked up was the God of War Collection bundle for $36 (this was during the 25% off clearance promo, so I got it for $27). Also there was the Little Big Planet GOTY and Killzone bundles which were $20 (most certainly too late for those).

With how this clearance has been going, I would definitley have them price checked. If you get a lazy worker that goes to the case and looks at the tag and says $60, tell them you want to buy it. If it totals for $60 tell them you changed you mind and walk away.

Not sure if this is the normal prices or not but i went to my local kmart and picked up:

Uncharted dual pack with blue dualshock 3 controller: 45$
Resistance dual pack with black dualshock 3 controller: 36$

Pretty much 85$ for 2 bramd new controllers and 4 games.

Not bad when you think about gamestop charging 55$ for 1 new controller.

Are these Resistance Dual Packs that you guys are finding marked with a clearance tag?

My local Kmart has one behind the glass, but it was marked full price and nobody was around to scan it for me. I might stop back there tomorrow, since it's like 5 minutes away.

[quote name='jjjbadboy32']Are these Resistance Dual Packs that you guys are finding marked with a clearance tag?

My local Kmart has one behind the glass, but it was marked full price and nobody was around to scan it for me. I might stop back there tomorrow, since it's like 5 minutes away.[/QUOTE]

both the resistance dual pack with controller and uncharted dual pack with controller were marked 59.99 for me.

I asked them to ring it up and check the price for me and resistance came up 36 and uncharted 45.

I would ask them to ring it up because more than likely it is 36$ or cheaper.

gonna go to 2 more kmart tomorrow to try and find a deal on the god of war pack with controller and also the killzone 3 controller bundle.

:):):):)

[quote name='Dthruking']both the resistance dual pack with controller and uncharted dual pack with controller were marked 59.99 for me.

I asked them to ring it up and check the price for me and resistance came up 36 and uncharted 45.

gonna go to 2 more kmart tomorrow to try and find a deal on the god of war pack with controller and also the killzone 3 controller bundle.

:):):):)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. :D

[quote name='Dthruking']both the resistance dual pack with controller and uncharted dual pack with controller were marked 59.99 for me.

:):):):)[/QUOTE]

so the price varies from store to store? because some user posted earlier they got resistance controller bundle for $30, and gow controller bundle for $12

[quote name='evuong']I got the resistance bundle for $36 as well[/QUOTE]

do they keep these bundle in cases in k-mart, and it is always in the video game section right?

[quote name='YBX87']do they keep these bundle in cases in k-mart, and it is always in the video game section right?[/QUOTE]

Yes my store had them in the glass case. and yes in the video game section. If you dont see it there just ask a employee if they have it. alot of the time something like this will get shoved in a shelf under the counter due to the fact that not many people have bought them and they want the newer better selling stuff in the glass cases for everyone to see.

[quote name='Dthruking']Yes my store had them in the glass case. and yes in the video game section. If you dont see it there just ask a employee if they have it. alot of the time something like this will get shoved in a shelf under the counter due to the fact that not many people have bought them and they want the newer better selling stuff in the glass cases for everyone to see.[/QUOTE]

thanks, i have never bought games before at kmart, that is why i asked

Ended up near two Kmarts yesterday(8/18/12) near Raleigh, NC. Resistance controller bundle rang up for $45 at the first and $36 at the second. Got the one for $36. Both were behind the glass and both times the clerks were very nice about checking the price. Neither bundle was marked clearance. Thanks for the information from previous posters.

I returned the $8 PS EYE I bought last month to one of my close Kmarts today. I just couldn't justify keeping it at $8. I had them price check the 8gb PSP/PSP Go memory cards($30, down from $35), PSP vanilla with no pack in games($84) and a spare PSP/PSP Go power supply($4) while I was there.

The only thing that dropped was the memory card. The PS EYE and the PS3 chatpads were both out of the system at that store, so no chance in hell of getting either of those there.

Bunch of $1 games on the counter at my local K-Mart. Mostly Viewtiful Joe PS2 and Hero/Band games (for every platform). Only thing I picked up was TV Superstars or whatever for Move for $1.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I returned the $8 PS EYE I bought last month to one of my close Kmarts today. I just couldn't justify keeping it at $8.[/QUOTE]

Wow...why? $8 is a great price between the Move features, using it for cross-ps3 video chat (or in-game voice chat), and the ability to use it as a PC webcam if you download the driver. Unless you already own one or have no interest in those features.

IATCG, you know if they come up CSP "Check shelf price" (ie, out of the system) they are supposed to be 90% off, not many employees know that so you just tell em the price at the register when it prompts for it. Kind of YMMV but has worked probably 95% of the time for me on all sorts of junk.

[quote name='Kovorkian']Nothing good at the Shamokin Dam Kmart I did however grab Jak X combat racing for 6 sealed just beacuse I had all the other Jak games[/QUOTE]
You ever try the Schuylkill Mall Kmart? I'm not even sure if that one is still there or not. But all you gotta do is follow 61 from Bloomsburg area and it'll take you through what's left of Centralia and under 81 to the mall. Then there's another lil smaller mall down the hill somewhere if I remember correctly.

[quote name='killercane']IATCG, you know if they come up CSP "Check shelf price" (ie, out of the system) they are supposed to be 90% off, not many employees know that so you just tell em the price at the register when it prompts for it. Kind of YMMV but has worked probably 95% of the time for me on all sorts of junk.[/QUOTE]

Tried that with a PSPgo but they wanted to charge me the 199.99 or whatever the msrp is. Might stop by again and see if I can get a manger to approve it.

[quote name='MR_E']Wow...why? $8 is a great price between the Move features, using it for cross-ps3 video chat (or in-game voice chat), and the ability to use it as a PC webcam if you download the driver. Unless you already own one or have no interest in those features.[/QUOTE]
That's the thing. At 90% off I'd be interested in it as a webcam and not much else. I don't use the video chat on my PS3 and I don't plan on ever picking up the Move unless it goes to 90% via clearance. So for $4 I'd have kept it, but at $8 it's just not worth it to me.
[quote name='killercane']IATCG, you know if they come up CSP "Check shelf price" (ie, out of the system) they are supposed to be 90% off, not many employees know that so you just tell em the price at the register when it prompts for it. Kind of YMMV but has worked probably 95% of the time for me on all sorts of junk.[/QUOTE]
That doesn't work too well around here anymore. It used to. But that was back when the whole frickin' chain was universal with their drops and everything went to 90% off. Now that it's up to managers' discretion, stuff goes out of the system(Check Shelf Label) far too quickly and at too high of a price for my liking.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You ever try the Schuylkill Mall Kmart? I'm not even sure if that one is still there or not. But all you gotta do is follow 61 from Bloomsburg area and it'll take you through what's left of Centralia and under 81 to the mall. Then there's another lil smaller mall down the hill somewhere if I remember correctly.[/QUOTE]

I believe this is the one located in/around frackville? The mall where all those rapes happened?

Yes, I went there, I got a sealed ocean blue dualshock 2 for $10 there as well as jak3 for the same price months ago, I did not look too closely but they had a God of War/ Dual shock 3 combo pack in their clearace section

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yeah. That would be the one. The one with the still empty Phar*Mor store or at least it was when I was there over a year ago.[/QUOTE]

I was there a few months ago I did not notice a phar*mor however there were MANY empty stores and the general lighting was a little shabby, similar to the shady alleys in horror movies, the Kmart is really nice though!

The disappointing aspect was the empty bookstores >.> they had like 3 that were bookstores that are empty, you can tell because the aged outlines around the letter that have been removed

[quote name='Kovorkian']I was there a few months ago I did not notice a phar*mor however there were MANY empty stores and the general lighting was a little shabby, similar to the shady alleys in horror movies, the Kmart is really nice though!

The disappointing aspect was the empty bookstores >.> they had like 3 that were bookstores that are empty, you can tell because the aged outlines around the letter that have been removed[/QUOTE]
Yeah. I just remembered the old Phar*Mor store that was by some place called Black Diamond Antiques or something and how dingy the place looked and dimly lit it was.

If it comes up CSP, it's 90% off? What if there is no shelf price? Like most of the things that are CSP have the $19.99 tag on them and there is no shelf price. What happens then?

Got De Blob 2 for PS3 and the Resistance 1 and 2 + Controller bundle for $4.97 and $36.00 respectively. The Uncharted 1 and 2 and God of War Origins bundles were also available but for $45.00

I finally found a decent deal at my local Kmart. It was an older 12 Month Live Gold Pack with Project Gotham Racing 4, headset, and chatpad for $40 (still marked $69.99). Not a bad deal, but I have little interest in anything but the Live code, so I passed since I can get that for $35 or less fairly easily online.

Not sure how big of a deal it is but Kmart in Springfield Plaza, Springfield, MA had one of those Kinect Speed Wheels for $25. They also had a Xbox 360 data transfer cable for $15.

Went to the frackville mall yesterday, the Kmart there looked like anything decent was already gone

however see that Band Hero Ps2 was $30 and Band Hero for ps3 was $5 got a good laugh

[quote name='Kovorkian']Went to the frackville mall yesterday, the Kmart there looked like anything decent was already gone

however see that Band Hero Ps2 was $30 and Band Hero for ps3 was $5 got a good laugh[/QUOTE]
When I was there at least 2-3 years ago, their cases were so disheveled and disorganized that it was a chore finding anything in them. But they had tons of stuff there, as did the Shamokin Dam one.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']When I was there at least 2-3 years ago, their cases were so disheveled and disorganized that it was a chore finding anything in them. But they had tons of stuff there, as did the Shamokin Dam one.[/QUOTE]

Shamokin one? (which is gone now) Shamokin is about 15 - 20 min away from Frackville whereas Shamokin Dam [don't be taking my clearance items :p] ( is about 75 min away (outside of selinsgrove area)

Last time I was in frackville when i got the ps2 controller everything was tidy and easy to look though, this time it looked like an el hoardo literally humped the displays and took anything worth while (the games were just strewn alll around)

Edit: as a side note a lot of things were over priced about 85% of items on "clearance" compared locally

bread's done
Back