New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

[quote name='cheapfrag']The guy at my Kmart knew about a lot of the games and was pointing things out to me.

The Kmart on Easton Ave in Somerset, NJ has the clearance prices and the 25% automatically comes off. I was looking mainly at PS3 games. They have the following in stock that I remember: Dragon Age 2, Hunted: Demon Forge, Kane & Lynch 2, Pur, Mayhem.

I picked up Hunted: Demon Forge, Dungeon Siege 3, Pure and Alpha Protocol. I think Alpha Protocol was out of the system because he rang it several times, several different ways and kinda shrugged. He said he could give it to me for $3... so I said yes... it was actually $2.25 after the clearance discount. Is it any good?

Oh, by the way... no PS3 Dual Shock controller/game bundles that I saw.[/QUOTE]

I've been in that Kmart a few times. It used to love when I would be around that way - Blockbuster was only a little bit up the road.

Picked up

Dead or Alive Dimensions 3ds $3.74
Bust-A-Move Universe 3ds $3.74

Also this store broke Halo 4 and Wii U street date but no new Forza at the mythical price of $3.xx. Jk and sadness id have bought forza at full price

[quote name='Marauder7']Might have to stop by the Kmart Penn Station and see if they have any of these deals.[/QUOTE]

Just a heads up, NYC Kmarts may or may not participate in regular ad deals. The one I went to (Co-op City in the Bronx) did not have the 25% off for clearance items.

[quote name='bgame2']I've been in that Kmart a few times. It used to love when I would be around that way - Blockbuster was only a little bit up the road.[/QUOTE]

Where do you live? I work in Bedminster, NJ so it's not real close but close enough (13 miles).

I became very familiar with the Kmarts in NJ during 2006 when they had select PS2 games on clearance for $2 and PS2 games would get a minimum of $4.33 at GameStop. That's how I funded my PS3. I used to go to Kmart in Somerset, North Plainfield (on 22), Parsippany (on 10), East Brunswick, Hillsborough. Somerset and North Plainfield were the best because the video games were locked behind glass, cluttered and not properly marked. I hated walking in a Kmart that looked organized because I knew the clearance pickings would be slim. I think the Kmarts in N Plainfield and Hillsborough have been closed down.

Topeka, KS.

Yakuza 4 $5
Wii Rock Band 3 Keyboard bundle $15
Dragon age 2 360 $5
PES 2011 3ds $5
Vanquish ps3 $10
360 Wireless speed wheel $20

And a few more basic deals. Not too much on the shelves.

went to threestores only 1 had any clearence games. oh well got
3rd birhday
mayhem 3d
playstation move heros
got all for 6.72, after i used my 5 reward email

I'm new to this thread, have read through a handful of pages...is it fair to say that some stores have these games marked as clearance, others don't, and prices are always YMMV? This sounds like hunting, only instead of an 8pt buck, I'll be seeing an 800lb woman...with a mustache. Still, intrigued enough to stop by my Kmart today. For the games...not the fat chicks...seriously.

[quote name='berzirk']I'm new to this thread, have read through a handful of pages...is it fair to say that some stores have these games marked as clearance, others don't, and prices are always YMMV? This sounds like hunting, only instead of an 8pt buck, I'll be seeing an 800lb woman...with a mustache. Still, intrigued enough to stop by my Kmart today. For the games...not the fat chicks...seriously.[/QUOTE]
Fat chicks need love too.:razz::lol: Besides which, the chubbier ones are usually more willing to bend over backwards for you.;)

Where did you guys see the 25% off clearance. I don't see it in the ad online, and might need to point it out if my store doesn't do it automatically.

Ho ho ho motherfuckers. Here's my CAG Christmas in October present for you all. The 250gb old style 360 HDD's are coming up $29.99 at my closest store with this 25% off clearance discount. So check your stores to see if you see the old style HDD's.

Look at it as a cheap HDD you can use to upgrade either your old 360, your slim 360 by breaking the old case open or even your PS3, since I believe the HDD's inside are just a standard laptop drive.

Anyway, here's my haul from my closest store:

:psp:PSP/PSPGo component cable-Seventy four motherfuckin' cents!?!?!?!(was marked $10:lol:)
:ps3:PURE-$3.72
:ps3:You Don't Know Jack x3-$3.72
:ps3:God Of War Origins/Dual Shock 3 bundles x2-$22.48 apiece

Oh fuck yeah. I'm glad I stopped at my closest store.

They had a bunch of $3.72 to $7.47 games left when I was leaving, including multiple copies of the original God Of War Collection($7.47), Fear 3($7.47) and bunches of Enslaved($3.72) and a few Mayhem($3.72) for PS3.

They also had a Tiger Woods bundle there with a clearance sticker on it. It too came with a Dual Shock 3 I believe. I didn't bother getting it price checked.

But I DID get the Resistance 3 Doomsday bundles I saw in the case price checked($74.97), so that kinda sucked since I thought I read someone here getting one for $27.:bomb:

I also noticed that all of the older model fat PSP's that were there last month were GONE now AND that they had a lone copy of that new Forza game in the 360 case in the back row. Unfortunately I didn't ask for a price check on that one.:bomb:

Last edited by a moderator:
I made the rounds at the four area Kmarts and was happy to pick up (after tax and discounts) Vanquish for $7.50 and De Blob 2 for $3.95. Some stores had the signage for the 25% Clearance Item Discount, some did not. Both Vanquish and De Blob 2 were stickered at $14.95 but rang up at the expected super cheap price.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='scottman']Where did you guys see the 25% off clearance. I don't see it in the ad online, and might need to point it out if my store doesn't do it automatically.[/QUOTE]

It's right in their sale flyer!

Do you guys know if any PSPs are in clearance? I saw a Madden 12 bundle and also a couple of Gos.

[quote name='Tax']Do you guys know if any PSPs are in clearance? I saw a Madden 12 bundle and also a couple of Gos.[/QUOTE]
I know the older fat model ones were on clearance a while ago. But I doubt the Madden 12 one would be since that's only last years game.

By the way, the Halo Reach Limited Edition(with the hexagonal type packaging) is $37 and change this week with the 25% discount. My closest store had about 5-8 of them in the case.

[quote name='htz']It says on the back of my kmart receipt price adjustments are only for 7 days and holiday/seasonal/clearance items are not eligible. You could always do a return/rebuy maybe.[/QUOTE]

Price adjustment was no-go. And I tried to return/rebuy and got turn down. The manager said there has to be 24 hr waiting period between returning and re-buying. I thought it was full of **** but I didn't want to argue with her so I just returned it. Hopefully it's still there when I will try to re-buy it later tonight (even though it's supposed to be 24 hrs).

PS For some reason, Uncharted Bundle was still $45 before 25% off sale.

[quote name='jooanyenna']PS For some reason, Uncharted Bundle was still $45 before 25% off sale.[/QUOTE]

Same at my nearest store. For some reason not all stores have the $22.XX price after 25%.

[quote name='DemiFiendRSA']Well I'll be damned. One of the Kmarts around my area actually rang up the clearance discount automatically for once. I got the last copy of Yakuza 4.[/QUOTE]

yea found this and many others. sucks though. at my store they have those games repacked with new sticker over old UPC and under a "value" rack for 14.99.

[quote name='deletion']yea found this and many others. sucks though. at my store they have those games repacked with new sticker over old UPC and under a "value" rack for 14.99.[/QUOTE]

Try peeling it off

How? A UPC is a UPC. Whether it's the old one or the new one, it doesn't matter. On the other hand, exchanging them is fraud, but this shouldn't be. Where does it say that?

[quote name='Fukurou']How? A UPC is a UPC. Whether it's the old one or the new one, it doesn't matter. On the other hand, exchanging them is fraud, but this shouldn't be. Where does it say that?[/QUOTE]
The games with the new UPC's were a special purchase by Kmart and other retailers and are not on the clearance schedule. By removing the sticker with the UPC you're making the game end up on the clearance schedule.

Ya its a different SKU thus an entirely different product in their inventory. Its no similar than a copy of Madden and a Pillow case at that point. So changing the sticker is manipulating inventory. Might as well just print out UPC codes for a Snickers bar and paste them on the back of all the video games you want for 49 cents.

[quote name='xDerekRx']Might as well just print out UPC codes for a Snickers bar and paste them on the back of all the video games you want for 49 cents.[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna need more ink cartridges.

I received an e-mail from KM informing me that i was awarded $3 in bonus points for anyhing I want in "game room" (pool tables and the like...) I seem to remember a similar promotion not too far back where the points were eligible on anything despite some loose wording about them only being applicable to a certain department. Anyone know what the case is here? There's alot I can buy in K-Mart for $3.

[quote name='nietzsche74']I received an e-mail from KM informing me that i was awarded $3 in bonus points for anyhing I want in "game room" (pool tables and the like...) I seem to remember a similar promotion not too far back where the points were eligible on anything despite some loose wording about them only being applicable to a certain department. Anyone know what the case is here? There's alot I can buy in K-Mart for $3.[/QUOTE]

We all got that email and it is good on anything except for the usual exclusions(prescriptions, tobacco, etc). I think they just put that in there because you bought something in that department recently and they figure mentioning that department will get you back in store

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Omg. OMG! O.M.fuckINGGGGG.G!!!!!!!!!!:drool: I can't, even, read these game finds as it all looks like a blur after getting the heads up on a deal. The person I spoke with is a bit of an obnoxious, catty ***** so I don't think they lied. UGH! Anywho, be sure to stay glued to CAG for the next 24 hours as I have some hotness to confirm before posting. If what I was told is true, prepare for an Easter egg hunt, wild goose chase!:whee:[/QUOTE]

24 hours has passed. So what's the big scoop?

[quote name='yazman']24 hours has passed. So what's the big scoop?[/QUOTE]

Was waiting for word on that myself. Whatever it is, I hope she leaves some for the rest of us:)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Ho ho ho motherfuckers. Here's my CAG Christmas in October present for you all. The 250gb old style 360 HDD's are coming up $29.99 at my closest store with this 25% off clearance discount. So check your stores to see if you see the old style HDD's.

Look at it as a cheap HDD you can use to upgrade either your old 360, your slim 360 by breaking the old case open or even your PS3, since I believe the HDD's inside are just a standard laptop drive.

:psp:PSP/PSPGo component cable-Seventy four motherfuckin' cents!?!?!?!(was marked $10:lol:)

They had a bunch of $3.72 to $7.47 games left when I was leaving, including multiple copies of the original God Of War Collection($7.47), Fear 3($7.47) and bunches of Enslaved($3.72) and a few Mayhem($3.72) for PS3.

They also had a Tiger Woods bundle there with a clearance sticker on it. It too came with a Dual Shock 3 I believe. I didn't bother getting it price checked.

But I DID get the Resistance 3 Doomsday bundles I saw in the case price checked($74.97), so that kinda sucked since I thought I read someone here getting one for $27.:bomb:

I also noticed that all of the older model fat PSP's that were there last month were GONE now AND that they had a lone copy of that new Forza game in the 360 case in the back row. Unfortunately I didn't ask for a price check on that one.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Good one Bro..... I saw the 60gb hdd for 19.99 at Anaheim's BIGKmart today but passed since i had no use for the phat hdd, and got lazy thinking of taking it apart. But some lucky bastard will need it more than I do.

Yeah. I was really thinking of buying one of the 250gb's to put in my slim PS3 to give it 90 more gigs worth of space. But maybe if any of them somehow survive this round and they do another sale I might grab one if they're still in the system by then.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Ho ho ho motherfuckers. Here's my CAG Christmas in October present for you all. The 250gb old style 360 HDD's are coming up $29.99 at my closest store with this 25% off clearance discount. So check your stores to see if you see the old style HDD's.

I also noticed that all of the older model fat PSP's that were there last month were GONE now AND that they had a lone copy of that new Forza game in the 360 case in the back row. Unfortunately I didn't ask for a price check on that one.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Nicely done, but I got x2 xbox 360 250GB slim drives for $14.99 each, castlevania los and punch out wii $8 each, PSP madden/need for speed bundle for $42, a xbox 360 4GB kinect bundle for $200 (before tax during father day error ad). The best was a $500 panasonic L47-ET5 that was on outlet...which was a manager error plus they gave me a brand new one in box when picking it up. All this mostly from Sears.

Blockbuster was epic. got those $29.99 frames for like $3 a piece, DS lite $50, sweeper for $4, sony ps3 headset $4 (made money on those), etc.

[quote name='JP73']Try peeling it off[/QUOTE] Hmmm...get busted for fraud or put game back on shelf? I think I'll be putting that game back on the shelf.

Motherload my friends, motherload.

Visited a few kmarts between yesterday and today. All doubles were for a friend who was hunting with me, all titles are for PS3 unless otherwise noted. Prices are per item, before tax. I've also learned from all of these kmart clearances sales is that most of my finds are for PS3. I assume that people go for the 360 editions first and ignore the PS3 versions.

Total haul:

$7.47 Dead Space II LE x 2
$3.72 Dragon Age II
$3.72 Enslaved x 2
$3.72 Kane & Kynch: Dog Days x 2
$3.72 Hunted x 2
$3.72 Mayhem x 2
$7.47 Vanquish x 2 (bought xbox originally but am returning it)
$3.72 Yakuza 4 (gift)
$3.72 PS Move Heroes

$2.22 PSP Final Fantasy 012 Duodecim PSP
$3.72 PSP 3rd Birthday
$3.72 3DS Samurai Warrior Chronicles (gift)
$11.24 Wii Rock Band 3 with keyboard (gift)
$15 PS3 bluetooth camo headset

And for the ones I'm most proud of.....

$18.74 12 month XBL kit with chatpad, PGR 4, and wired headset
$30 - 4000 MS Points x 2

imageblex.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='romeo']motherload my friends, motherload.

visited a few kmarts between yesterday and today. All doubles were for a friend who was hunting with me, all titles are for ps3 unless otherwise noted. Prices are per item, before tax. I've also learned from all of these kmart clearances sales is that most of my finds are for ps3. I assume that people go for the 360 editions first and ignore the ps3 versions.

Total haul:

$7.47 dead space ii le x 2
$3.72 dragon age ii
$3.72 enslaved x 2
$3.72 kane & kynch: Dog days x 2
$3.72 hunted x 2
$3.72 mayhem x 2
$7.47 vanquish x 2 (bought xbox originally but am returning it)
$3.72 yakuza 4 (gift)
$3.72 ps move heroes

$2.22 psp final fantasy 012 duodecim psp
$3.72 psp 3rd birthday
$3.72 3ds samurai warrior chronicles (gift)
$11.24 wii rock band 3 with keyboard (gift)

and for the ones i'm most proud of.....

$18.74 12 month xbl kit with chatpad, pgr 4, and wired headset
$30 - 4000 ms points x 2

imageblex.jpg
[/quote]

Jeez... I was just at a Kmart 20 minutes ago and they had 3 of the :360: Live Bundles but they were locked up and the one employee they had was helping a customer. Looks like I'll be making a trip back :drool:

Found DA2 for both systems, Fight Night Champion and Pure which I picked up for my buddy and I. Also got a Move charger but the biggest success was finding a LBP2 bundle that some dickhead had hidden behind some other things. I had the guy in electronics scanning things for me and he started running around price-checking everything. He couldn't believe what I was finding and acted like I was the Mack Daddy or something. He added everything's original price up and it was well over $300. He showed my haul to several other associates, but the best thing was as I was checking out he said "You're basically stealing this stuff from us, except legally!"

Gotta love it.

[quote name='Dabears34']Picked up Resistance dual shock bundle today, $27. Now to play or trade in resistance1-2 to gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Is that the one with the blue controller? I wanted that Resistance 1/2 combo pack since I own R3, but now I may give away R3 and buy the new trilogy set coming out soon.

[quote name='Romeo']Is that the one with the blue controller? I wanted that Resistance 1/2 combo pack since I own R3, but now I may give away R3 and buy the new trilogy set coming out soon.[/QUOTE]

Hey. I picked up two awhile back from Kmart. The controller was black. The blue controller is in the Uncharted Bundle.

[quote name='Romeo']Motherload my friends, motherload.

Visited a few kmarts between yesterday and today. All doubles were for a friend who was hunting with me, all titles are for PS3 unless otherwise noted. Prices are per item, before tax. I've also learned from all of these kmart clearances sales is that most of my finds are for PS3. I assume that people go for the 360 editions first and ignore the PS3 versions.

Total haul:

$3.72 Dragon Age II
$3.72 Enslaved x 2
$3.72 Hunted x 2
$3.72 Mayhem x 2
$3.72 Yakuza 4 (gift)
$3.72 PS Move Heroes

$3.72 PSP 3rd Birthday

$30 - 4000 MS Points x 2

imageblex.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Is the 12 Month XBL bundle a different UPC than the new ones? Can you please post the UPC of that and the 4000 MS points if it is different than the new ones?

I saw the 4000 points card at my Kmart and it was tagged $40. So it'll be $30 with the 25%. But I can't see myself biting unless it's $20 because I don't have a 360 and because I got the ultimate haul from a Sears a while back. The 4000 points were out of the system there, so the guy went into the back to find a price. He came back and told me it was $10. My jaw nearly hit the floor. Needless to say, I got it.

[quote name='Romeo']Motherload my friends, motherload.

Total haul:

$3.72 Dragon Age II
$3.72 Enslaved x 2
$3.72 Hunted x 2
$3.72 Mayhem x 2
$3.72 Yakuza 4 (gift)
$3.72 PS Move Heroes

$3.72 PSP 3rd Birthday

$30 - 4000 MS Points x 2

imageblex.jpg
[/QUOTE]
You know what's funny is that I left behind a :wii:Rock Band 3 keyboard bundle in the Poconos the other day.:whistle2:# Moreover, I think either DC or Moosic has one of those XBL packs in one of the locked cases.

So let's say that there is a bundle PS3 game with a controller at K-mart for $60. Chances are that after scanning it it will show $20 or a price like that? I was at K-mart the other day and I was looking at the clearance games but all of them were still expensive. However, I did not ask an employee to scan them at all ):

bread's done
Back