New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

[quote name='The Punisher']probably because store closing excluded?
Kmart and Sears should go out of business.[/QUOTE]

They do kinda suck, but as long as I can occasionally nab games for $3.72 and first-party titles like Halo Anniversary for $15, I'm fine with them being around. ;)

[quote name='Kurosaki-san'] Overall my mission was great, although I had a casualty..... someone popped one of my tires. Had to pay :censored:ing $108 to replace it. Ruined my day.
[/QUOTE]

Sure it wasn't someone who showed up a minute too late and saw you buy up all those games and got mad? :lol:

[quote name='The Highlander']They had a bunch of these at the two stores that I went to. Got the clerk to do a test scan at the first store for you. Came up $50. At the second store, they had a $50 Reduced sticker on them.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I scanned it too sometime after that post and it was also $50.

[quote name='FFlakes']Are the clearance prices the same or pretty much the same across different kmarts in their system despite actual price tags or is it like target where it varies significantly?[/QUOTE]
they're pretty much the same across different kmarts despite actual price tags, but the 25% off clearance ended on 10/20/12

Mystery Case Files: The Malgrave Incident Wii $9.97
BEN 10 Galactic Racing Wii $4.97
uDraw Marvel Super Hero Squad Comic Combat Wii $4.97
We Cheer 2 Wii $2.99, rang up as "see price tag"
SBK X Superbike World Championship PS3 $4.97

[quote name='Collectorguy00']After striking out at one Kmart earlier in the week besides getting Yakuza 4 for the $7.xx I struck gold at the further away one. Only thing I missed out on that I wanted was the UC DS3 bundle.

Yakuza 4 $3.72
Dragon Age 2 $3.72
Dungeon Siege $3.72
Deblob 2 $3.72
Mayhem 3D $3.72
LBP Collector's Pack $11.22
Batman AA $7.47
GOW Bundle $22.49
Xbox 360 Shift 2 Unleashed LE $7.47
Resistance Bundle (x2) $27.00
PSPgo AV cable $.74

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I did them in different transactions for the two $5 Gift Cards. If anyone wants to trade a UC Bundle for a Resistance Bundle PM me! Thanks everyone for posting their finds![/QUOTE]

Where does this gift card thing come from? I spent over $150 in several transactions at multiple stores. Not once was a gift card mentioned.

[quote name='nietzsche74']Once upon a monster? What's that about?[/QUOTE]

its a kids game starring Sesame Street characters for Kinect. It teaches kids about numbers, colors and other things. Great stuff for the fam :)

[quote name='Collectorguy00']If you're a Shop Your Way member you get a $5 GC for spending $50[/QUOTE]
Now I'm regretting not giving them my SYWR card when I bought the $60 something worth of gaming items in electronics at my closest store a few nights ago.:bomb: I would've qualified for at least one, since I spent around $62 on everything I grabbed.:cry:

[quote name='Collectorguy00']If you're a Shop Your Way member you get a $5 GC for spending $50[/QUOTE]

How long has that been going on? I wonder if my clerk stole my GC on a purchase from a few weeks ago. He swiped the last receipt that printed out and said it was for him.

[quote name='uEih']Will the games still be the prices they've been reported at or did that end today?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ScarlettsUnderBoob']I'm gonna roll by my local kmart today and see whats still on sale.[/QUOTE]

25% off is over and done with as of today, but if you're still looking for el cheapo games, the $3.72 titles will only be back up to $4.99. $7.47 back to $9.99, and so on...

[quote name='scottman']How long has that been going on? I wonder if my clerk stole my GC on a purchase from a few weeks ago. He swiped the last receipt that printed out and said it was for him.[/QUOTE]

It would have been an actual gift card and not on a receipt. And you had to be SYWR member and your card had to be scanned

Then how does that trigger exactly? I'm a member, spent over $50 multiple times, and the only thing that happened was coupons printed out. I received some for $5 off $50, but never gift cards.

[quote name='JP73']It would have been an actual gift card and not on a receipt. And you had to be SYWR member and your card had to be scanned[/QUOTE]

Seriously? There's a difference with giving a phone number and being scanned?

Is there proof of this so I can go today and get it adjusted?

[quote name='JP73']It would have been an actual gift card and not on a receipt. And you had to be SYWR member and your card had to be scanned[/QUOTE]

Is there proof of this so I can go today and get it adjusted?

Just have one question. Are the games that you are getting for $3.xx prices with a 4.99 tag? I saw some people saying certain games were $3.xx. I'm interested in those but they are priced 9.xx at the local store. Should I price check?

[quote name='Cocojames333']Just have one question. Are the games that you are getting for $3.xx prices with a 4.99 tag? I saw some people saying certain games were $3.xx. I'm interested in those but they are priced 9.xx at the local store. Should I price check?[/QUOTE]

The price scanner is your best bet as they seem to be in no hurry to update the sticker tags. I scanned two or three items last night stickered at $19.99 that listed at $3.72 (though again, that'd be $4.99 today). In many but not quite all cases, the prices you're seeing in this thread are what you're going to find in store. Double check though!

[quote name='dark_inchworm']The price scanner is your best bet as they seem to be in no hurry to update the sticker tags. I scanned two or three items last night stickered at $19.99 that listed at $3.72 (though again, that'd be $4.99 today). In many but not quite all cases, the prices you're seeing in this thread are what you're going to find in store. Double check though![/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'm always trying to avoid price checking at Kmart. It's not the easiest process.

[quote name='Romeo']Then how does that trigger exactly? I'm a member, spent over $50 multiple times, and the only thing that happened was coupons printed out. I received some for $5 off $50, but never gift cards.

Is there proof of this so I can go today and get it adjusted?[/QUOTE]

I just gave them my phone number to look it up in the computer but I still was able to get the GC.

[quote name='kraftwerks']I made a couple of purchases this week that were over $50 and didnt get a gift card. Im not going to cry over it, but that is grimy.[/QUOTE]

The $5 giftcard did not trigger for me yesterday, also. I thought that there might have been a limit per SYWR member since I received one earlier in the week, but I think you simply need to have the cashier scan your SYWR card in the beginning of the transaction (prior to any merchandise barcode scans). You also need to make sure your subtotal is over $50 before taxes. Since the promotion already ended, I won't haggle for the giftcard anymore. Just a learning experience, oh well.

[quote name='Cocojames333']Thanks. I'm always trying to avoid price checking at Kmart. It's not the easiest process.[/QUOTE]

My store has the customer-accessible price scanners. It literally took me months to notice...

[quote name='Romeo']Then how does that trigger exactly? I'm a member, spent over $50 multiple times, and the only thing that happened was coupons printed out. I received some for $5 off $50, but never gift cards.

Is there proof of this so I can go today and get it adjusted?[/QUOTE]

I guess giving your phone number should have worked. What i meant was your membership had to be applied to the transaction, I didn't mean it had to be necessarily scanned and scanned only. But that is weird that you didn't get it if your membership was applied. I saw them ring it up a few times and a window pops up prompting them to scan the card. I got like 4 or 5 last week and had no problem on any one.

BTW, it has to be $50 before taxes and if you did the St Judes donation that doesn't count. So 50 bucks of actual physical merchandise.

So the register actually prompts the cashier to validate a $5 gift card? Because I wouldn't be surprised if the system was outdated and your getting the gift card depended on the employee to be knowledgable about the promotion. Well, the last day for the promotion is November 2nd, IIRC, so there is still time to get one.

Last edited by a moderator:
So the register actually prompts the cashier to validate a $5 gift card? Because I wouldn't be surprised if the system was outdated and your getting the gift card depended on the employee to be knowledgable about the promotion. Well, the last day for the promotion is November 2nd, IIRC, so there is still time to get one.

Off-topic but why was IATCG banned again? Looks like a permanent one this time.

My Kmart has regularly priced $19.99 games in clearance and they are all $19.99. If anyone is having trouble finding regularly priced titles at their Kmart pm me. I can help you.

Went to one of my local Kmarts and just really wasn't anything left, and some items like Castlevania of course rung up at $29.99 . Seen PES 2011 for 4 something but not into soccer and Bust a Move Universe Nintendo 3DS for 9 something but I seen that sold everywhere for that much. Most other games in the case were 19.99 by the register.

I went back to Kmart today and noticed Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE, Halo Reach Legendary Edition, and Fallout: New Vegas Collector's Editions, all for 360. Halo Reach was there during the 25% off sale, but they're all priced over $40 (and Reach is $90). The clearance prices turned me off, but maybe I should scan them to see if they simply haven't updated the prices. Although the last time I scanned multiple items, some guy claiming to be Kmart security confronted me demanding to know what retailer I worked for...

Only thing i saw that i havent seen mentioned
:ps3: UFC Undisputed 2010 bundle with tshirt and blu ray $4.50

Picked that up along with many others previously mentioned in this thread. Couldnt find the god of war bundle, but did find the uncharted and resistance bundles. Overall great deals with the 25% off.

Picked up an official Xbox 360 Controller MW3 Edition for $19.72 today! The 25% deal was over, but they still had a sign up for 25% off clearance video games and accessories, so the K Mart employee got his manager and the manager gave me 25% off!

[quote name='skaboom420']Only thing i saw that i havent seen mentioned
:ps3: UFC Undisputed 2010 bundle with tshirt and blu ray $4.50

Picked that up along with many others previously mentioned in this thread. Couldnt find the god of war bundle, but did find the uncharted and resistance bundles. Overall great deals with the 25% off.[/QUOTE]

The 360 version of that scanned $19.99.

[quote name='TKSJOHN']Picked up an official Xbox 360 Controller MW3 Edition for $19.72 today! The 25% deal was over, but they still had a sign up for 25% off clearance video games and accessories, so the K Mart employee got his manager and the manager gave me 25% off![/QUOTE]

Not too shabby for a new controller, I have that one.

[quote name='JP73']I guess giving your phone number should have worked. What i meant was your membership had to be applied to the transaction, I didn't mean it had to be necessarily scanned and scanned only. But that is weird that you didn't get it if your membership was applied. I saw them ring it up a few times and a window pops up prompting them to scan the card. I got like 4 or 5 last week and had no problem on any one.

BTW, it has to be $50 before taxes and if you did the St Judes donation that doesn't count. So 50 bucks of actual physical merchandise.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='whitereflection']So the register actually prompts the cashier to validate a $5 gift card? Because I wouldn't be surprised if the system was outdated and your getting the gift card depended on the employee to be knowledgable about the promotion. Well, the last day for the promotion is November 2nd, IIRC, so there is still time to get one.[/QUOTE]

Is there some type of proof of this promotion, an advertisement? I have multiple purchases that quality for this.

[quote name='whitereflection']Off-topic but why was IATCG banned again? Looks like a permanent one this time.[/QUOTE]

I noticed that too earlier. It's quite sad. I know he complains a lot but he has contributed a lot to this site with his extensive knowledge.

Sorry IATCG, you will be missed

[quote name='Romeo']Is there some type of proof of this promotion, an advertisement? I have multiple purchases that quality for this.[/QUOTE]

I have a receipt detailing the promotion, not sure if it'll help but here is a scan.

[quote name='darken']I noticed that too earlier. It's quite sad. I know he complains a lot but he has contributed a lot to this site with his extensive knowledge.

Sorry IATCG, you will be missed[/QUOTE]

Someone else will eventually contribute that same knowledge, and be less obnoxious about it too.

[quote name='Romeo']Is there some type of proof of this promotion, an advertisement? I have multiple purchases that quality for this.[/QUOTE]

They gave me an actual gift card with $5 on it.

One thing that I didn't see anyone mention is the SYWR coupons from the website. They have several on there where you get: $10 for spending $45, $7 for spending $35, and another... I think $7 for spending $50 on there that can be printed out and taken to the store for use.

I had a good trip when I went on Friday. (2) LBP 2 Move bundles @ $18.xx, (9) Yakuza 4 @ 3.xx, (1) Dragon age II for PS3 @ 3.xx. I got a $5 gift card and 10,000 pts ($10) as a result of the purchase.

From what I saw, he was making a claim that he had been banned for things that others get away with and saying there is a double standard here, naming one person in particular. That person responded and I guess it escalated from there.

[quote name='Collectorguy00']I have a receipt detailing the promotion, not sure if it'll help but here is a scan.

[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Malibu_Barbie']They gave me an actual gift card with $5 on it.

One thing that I didn't see anyone mention is the SYWR coupons from the website. They have several on there where you get: $10 for spending $45, $7 for spending $35, and another... I think $7 for spending $50 on there that can be printed out and taken to the store for use.

I had a good trip when I went on Friday. (2) LBP 2 Move bundles @ $18.xx, (9) Yakuza 4 @ 3.xx, (1) Dragon age II for PS3 @ 3.xx. I got a $5 gift card and 10,000 pts ($10) as a result of the purchase.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much guys. I'll be going to a store later and I'll see how it goes.

Hmm, so I got a redeem your points and get 10,000 points coupon, but I need to redeem a minimum of $1 worth of points. That means I need to spend 85 more dollars to get $10 worth SYWR stuff. Don't know if I wanna do that unless there's a big sale or something. I got until 11/19 to use it.

I could have sworn I saw it posted around here, but Guitar Hero 5 for Wii was not clearanced. Also, Dungeon Siege III 360 was tagged at $10, not $5 (though I didn;t bother to scan it, as most of the clearanced tagged games were correctly priced.)

I know I would have been better off doing this yesterday, but it was kind of a spontaneous thing. I picked up PS3 Mayhem, 360 Kinect Mind & Body thing, and a copy of DOA: Dimensions. A couple of copies of DOA were locked in the case, and for some reason I forgot they were $10, not $5. I took it anyway because it would have looked suspicious passing over a savings of $30 dollars off the tagged price for a game I inquired about. All that were left were games with $5 Bestbuy TIVs (like You Don't Know Jack). Still would have made the same amount of profit, though.

I wish I knew the Bestbuy TIVs for a lot of the more obsure titles, like this snowboarding game that I can't remember the name of.

I picked up Fight Night Champion 3.xx not much else on the Xbox front. But oooweee, did they have a ton of PS3 games you guys are reporting on. Grove City, OH Kmart if that helps anyone out.

[quote name='nietzsche74']I could have sworn I saw it posted around here, but Guitar Hero 5 for Wii was not clearanced. Also, Dungeon Siege III 360 was tagged at $10, not $5 (though I didn;t bother to scan it, as most of the clearanced tagged games were correctly priced.)

I know I would have been better off doing this yesterday, but it was kind of a spontaneous thing. I picked up PS3 Mayhem, 360 Kinect Mind & Body thing, and a copy of DOA: Dimensions. A couple of copies of DOA were locked in the case, and for some reason I forgot they were $10, not $5. I took it anyway because it would have looked suspicious passing over a savings of $30 dollars off the tagged price for a game I inquired about. All that were left were games with $5 Bestbuy TIVs (like You Don't Know Jack). Still would have made the same amount of profit, though.

I wish I knew the Bestbuy TIVs for a lot of the more obsure titles, like this snowboarding game that I can't remember the name of.[/QUOTE]
Dungeon Siege 360 is $10. Dungeon Siege PS3 is $5. I got both scanned yesterday.

[quote name='Fukurou']Dungeon Siege 360 is $10. Dungeon Siege PS3 is $5. I got both scanned yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Thankyou, then that would explain it.

[quote name='Invicta 61']From what I saw, he was making a claim that he had been banned for things that others get away with and saying there is a double standard here, naming one person in particular. That person responded and I guess it escalated from there.[/QUOTE]

Without getting into it, there have been rumblings of it coming for about a week. It wasn't just because of the confoosius argument yesterday.

bread's done
Back