New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

[quote name='nietzsche74']I could have sworn I saw it posted around here, but Guitar Hero 5 for Wii was not clearanced. Also, Dungeon Siege III 360 was tagged at $10, not $5 (though I didn;t bother to scan it, as most of the clearanced tagged games were correctly priced.)

I know I would have been better off doing this yesterday, but it was kind of a spontaneous thing. I picked up PS3 Mayhem, 360 Kinect Mind & Body thing, and a copy of DOA: Dimensions. A couple of copies of DOA were locked in the case, and for some reason I forgot they were $10, not $5. I took it anyway because it would have looked suspicious passing over a savings of $30 dollars off the tagged price for a game I inquired about. All that were left were games with $5 Bestbuy TIVs (like You Don't Know Jack). Still would have made the same amount of profit, though.

I wish I knew the Bestbuy TIVs for a lot of the more obsure titles, like this snowboarding game that I can't remember the name of.[/QUOTE]

If you have a smartphone you should downlaod the Bestbuy trade in app, I use it all the time when I find clearance games. My wife just laughs when she sees me scanning bar codes in video game sections.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Without getting into it, there have been rumblings of it coming for about a week. It wasn't just because of the confoosius argument yesterday.[/QUOTE]

I didn't think our exchange was that big of a deal to tell you the truth. I wouldn't even call it an argument.

[quote name='JP73']Fight Night Champion rang up at 29.99 for me , as did both MW3 Hardened( giggity!) Editions[/QUOTE]

I think the PS3 version of Fight Night is 29.99 while 360 is cheaper.

Here's what I picked up Friday which includes the 25% off:
Dungeon Siege 3 - $3.xx
Dead Space 2 Limited Edition - $7.xx
Rage Anarchy Edition - $7.xx
Pure - $3.xx
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Sag - $3.xx - This didn't have a price sticker on it and didn't ring up with a price. The cashier asked "How does $5 sound?" and gave it to me for $3.75 or something.

What I grabbed today, after the sale:
Dragon Age II - $5
Vanquish - $10

I grabbed some things yesterday. I think most of them have been mentioned to death here (DA II :360: $3.xx, de Blob 2 :360: $3.xx, Move Heroes $3.xx, Cubic Ninja :3ds: $3.xx, 3rd Birthday $3.xx, Yakuza 4 $3.xx). A couple things that I haven't seen discussed as much are GoW Collection for $7.xx and de Blob 2 :ds: for $3.xx. I scanned Fable III and it rang up $7.xx.

[quote name='salty tbone']I think the PS3 version of Fight Night is 29.99 while 360 is cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thank you, I shall try again

[quote name='dragonsho']Rage Anarchy Edition - $7.xx[/QUOTE]

Oooh... I haven't been messing with anything behind the case for lack of useful employees, but I've been wanting to ask them about this one. For the 360, anyway. Would anyone here happen to know if Rage (360) is in the clearance cycle?

I've been wanting to find out what Mushroom Men (Wii) and R.U.S.E. (360) are priced at, too. They're old enough that it's worth a shot, I figure.

Hit up one more Kmart, one actually close to me. That's where I find something I've been looking for all along, after visiting four others over the weekend.

My two favorite pick ups this weekend, thanks to kmart:

$18 each. $37 with tax for a year of XBL gold, messenger pad, headset, PGR4, LBP2 SE, PSeye, Move controller, and navigation controller.

I'm still floored...

imagethe.jpg

Also, thank you Collectorguy for the scan of your promo. The manager worked with me... somewhat... at my local store. I had $170 in purchases over the weekend on five receipts. He gave me $10 on a gift card since two receipts were over $50, but refused to budge since the other three were separate.

[quote name='TheHelix']Hmm, so I got a redeem your points and get 10,000 points coupon, but I need to redeem a minimum of $1 worth of points. That means I need to spend 85 more dollars to get $10 worth SYWR stuff. Don't know if I wanna do that unless there's a big sale or something. I got until 11/19 to use it.[/QUOTE]

I got the same coupon. Why do you need to spend 85 dollars to get it? Buy a pack of gum and use your 1 point towards it. Bam-10 dollars back in reward points. It sounds crazy to others who never got it, and it is! However, it is very rare. I got pretty much all the other types in the past but only 1 of that one...ever.

[quote name='slowdive21']Man I really want a move bundle![/QUOTE]

Me too. Not sure why though. I already have two of everything it comes with LOL. I think its more of the find than actually needing it.

[quote name='coopscohen']Me too. Not sure why though. I already have two of everything it comes with LOL. I think its more of the find than actually needing it.[/QUOTE]

I have LBP2, the PSeye, and a move controller. I don't have the newer LBP2 SE, nor a nav controller. And I only have one move wand, so a second is perfect. The only thing extra/wasted is the camera.

I just find it funny that over the weekend I visited five total kmarts, some as far as 30mi away from me. The one within 3mi, the very last one I just visited tonight, is the one with the move bundle.

My finds were so varied too. One store had a TON of games, where 99% of my haul was from. Another store had the MS 4000 point cards, multiple 360 hard drives, the 360 starter kit, Rock Band Wii keyboard bundle, but maybe 2-3 games on the list.

The one tonight was mostly random but I did find that move bundle.

[quote name='inky1600']I got the same coupon. Why do you need to spend 85 dollars to get it? Buy a pack of gum and use your 1 point towards it. Bam-10 dollars back in reward points. It sounds crazy to others who never got it, and it is! However, it is very rare. I got pretty much all the other types in the past but only 1 of that one...ever.[/QUOTE]

That's not how it works. You don't get to redeem one point, you have to redeem one dollar worth of points, which is 1,0000 points. He probably only has 150ish, hence the need to purchase 85 bucks more worth of stuff to qualify. One point is nothing. it's 1/10th of a cent

And i never got that coupon. I had a redeem 5,000 points get 8,000, but that's it as far as those are concerned. I got about 80 bucks in points now, hoping to get a few more point building coupons and get a free Wii

[quote name='Romeo']I have LBP2, the PSeye, and a move controller. I don't have the newer LBP2 SE, nor a nav controller. And I only have one move wand, so a second is perfect. The only thing extra/wasted is the camera.[/QUOTE]

Could always download the 3rd party Windows driver for it and use the extra camera as a webcam or something.

Man so happy to see kmart have 4 dollar games again... I picked up:

3.73:

Third Birthday (psp)
Samurai Warrior Chronicles (3ds)
Da blob 2 (360)
Dragon Age 2 (ps3)
Kane and Lynch 2 (ps3)
Yakuza 4 (ps3)
Pure (ps3)
Hunted (ps3)
Dungeon Siege 3 (ps3)
Mayhem 3d (ps3)

2.25:

Socom Fireteam bravo (psp)
Dissidia Duodecim (psp)

out of the system: [clerk sold em to me for 2.25 each]

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time (DS)
Armored Core 4 (ps3)

long live kmart clearance lol - hopefully this trend of low games keeps going

edit: this was yesterday when the sale was active

Decided to drive a bit further from home to this kmart (by far the dirtiest kmart I've been through) located in the Ghetto that had a couple Metroid Prime Trilogy (still there lol) for $49.99. Sadly it's still ringing up full price.

Picked:
2x Yakuza 4 $3.74 each
2x Dragon Age 2 $3.74 each
Mayhem $3.74
Dungeon Siege 3 $3.74
Front Mission Evolved $3.74
250 GB HDD $29.99
60 GB HDD $14.99
Karokee Revolution w/ Mic $11.24
PS3 Component Cable $4.50
3x Kodak EASYSHARE C1530 $15 each
Persona 3 FES $4.50
2x The 3rd Birthday $3.74
Bunch of Unexpired color HP INKS $5

All of this DS Games below rung up out of the system, but the manager here price gunned it or whatever she did to it's previous drop which was $3.00.

2x Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon $2.24 each
Chrono Triggers w/ Poster Inside $2.24
2x Pokemon Explorers of Time $2.24 each
Pokemon Explorers of Sky $2.24
Pokemon Explorers of Darkness $2.24
2x Blue Dragon $2.24 each
2x Dragon Quest Monsters Joker $2.24 each
Final Fantasy Echoes of Time $2.24
2x Final Fantasy Rings of Fate $2.24 each
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings $2.24
Hotel Dusk $2.24
Myst DS $2.24

Last edited by a moderator:
Man you guys are lucky...was driving around Indiana on Saturday and stopped by the one in Mishawaka and Kokomo and I got nothin.

That's awesome postaboy. I remember some of those DS games but I wasn't actively searching for them so I didn't pay attention to them over the weekend.

How did you guys get awarded credit, can I be awarded credit after i've made a purchase. I've spent about $100 but I forgot the # I signed up with so I couldn't use my account. Can someone please clarify, I'd really appreciate it.

Damn, Cheapest got banned? Must have been some good shit, kinda sad I missed it. Ironic to think he'd hoped for KMart clearance to come back more than anyone, and now that it's good again, he can't post finds anymore. :whistle2:#

If this sale keeps going Im hitting up 2 more kmarts!!!!!!! But with this BB B2G1 I hope it's over cause Im gonna be buying more games

[quote name='strait edge follower']Awwww man my boy iatcg got banned again. As for my finds I found nothing new on the 5$ game front except for moh heros for the psp. I picked up a copy of mayhem to flip as well[/QUOTE]

Flip.... to make what, $3. Seriously?

[quote name='Romeo']Flip.... to make what, $3. Seriously?[/QUOTE]

Mayhem ps3 at kmart is 4.97 with a 6$ base value at bestbuy. with the bestbuy 100% plus gamer unlocked 10% extra that comes to a total of 12.60 ;)

[quote name='strait edge follower']Mayhem ps3 at kmart is 4.97 with a 6$ base value at bestbuy. with the bestbuy 100% plus gamer unlocked 10% extra that comes to a total of 12.60 ;)[/QUOTE]

I guess some people aren't kidding. Some members must know by now how I feel about flipping. It's a pretty scummy thing to do. And I find it ridiculous, especially to make $5, not even counting your time visiting each store. It's just low and... embarrassing if you take the time to think about it. But in the end these people aren't thinkers, they're either kids or lower class.

Bro, we get it. You don't like flippers. But you pay $4 for Mayhem and get $12.60 for it. It's a good deal to those who want to do it.

[quote name='Fukurou']Bro, we get it. You don't like flippers. But you pay $4 for Mayhem and get $12.60 for it. It's a good deal to those who want to do it.[/QUOTE]

Exactly my point, not thinking.

You have to drive to each store. Kmart and best buy, to me, 4mi away equally. Let's say I go to both one after another. If I did this, I'm at around 12mi round trip. My primary vehicle gets 24mpg, so that would cost me a minimum of $2 in gas. Now someone mentioned you have to be unlocked at best buy, that's $15 a year. And we're not evening talking time spent, at least 5 minutes in each store.

Now look at the overall facts. You spend $5 to get $12, yet you're out gas and time. In the end you made maybe $5. And there's no way I'm driving around and taking 30 minutes to make $5 in credit at best buy.

See my point now? I'm not trying to sound like I'm on a high horse. I'm just hoping people start to realize how ridiculous it is.

[quote name='Romeo']Exactly my point, not thinking.

You have to drive to each store. Kmart and best buy, to me, 4mi away equally. Let's say I go to both one after another. If I did this, I'm at around 12mi round trip. My primary vehicle gets 24mpg, so that would cost me a minimum of $2 in gas. Now someone mentioned you have to be unlocked at best buy, that's $15 a year. And we're not evening talking time spent, at least 5 minutes in each store.

Now look at the overall facts. You spend $5 to get $12, yet you're out gas and time. In the end you made maybe $5. And there's no way I'm driving around and taking 30 minutes to make $5 in credit at best buy.

See my point now? I'm not trying to sound like I'm on a high horse. I'm just hoping people start to realize how ridiculous it is.[/QUOTE]

I dont drive as I have an unlimited mta pass that gives me unlimited train and bus rides. The trip isnt long for me either lol. And its not shady when you consider that kmart wants me to take that game off their hands anyway. Its not my fault that bestbuy is giving me 6$ base for it, im just taking advantage of it ;). Oh and callin me low class for flipping isnt really a cool thing to do. I dont hate you or anything but im just sayin ;)

flipping is for kids and people with no confidence in themselves. Reselling is for adults. While not much better at least you can pick and choose a handful of items to resell and the profits outweight a lifetime of "flipping" junk games to junk retailers.

I'm talking about games from the Capcom store and selling the bonus items (3DS Case, Sign, Umbrella) for more then the cost of the game.

Or CE's for $50 to $100+ profit each.

But if you have fun running around and making $3 here and $4 there in STORE CREDIT then... have fun grinding away.

[quote name='GBAstar']flipping is for kids and people with no confidence in themselves. Reselling is for adults. While not much better at least you can pick and choose a handful of items to resell and the profits outweight a lifetime of "flipping" junk games to junk retailers.

I'm talking about games from the Capcom store and selling the bonus items (3DS Case, Sign, Umbrella) for more then the cost of the game.

Or CE's for $50 to $100+ profit each.

But if you have fun running around and making $3 here and $4 there in STORE CREDIT then... have fun grinding away.[/QUOTE]

I dont hate you for your opinion at all so its all good :). I dont quite understand the no confidence thing though. Gamestop for ex has made a huge living of off flipping

[quote name='strait edge follower']I dont hate you for your opinion at all so its all good :). I dont quite understand the no confidence thing though. Gamestop for ex has made a huge living of off flipping[/QUOTE]

Yes Gamestop is a company that employees thousands of people and takes risk; although honestly their risk is low because the majority of people are stupid and trade games in for pennies on the dollars allowing gamestop to make big profits.

For the individual person their is no risk. You can ho hum around digging through clearance bins, pull up the trade in value and waste an afternoon to make a few dollars in credit and if you're smart you already have a way to convert credit to money.

To me though that sounds exhausting.

There are always a few trade-ins worth doing where a retailer will have a game on clearance and another will be offering a premium trade in value but the majority of what is discussed here is talking about dollars. I mean really.. that does sound exhausting. And you have to factor in time to go to one store and then the other, time to research trade in values, time to deal with employees, traffic and the cost of gas, tax and converting credit. Remember to spend that credit...

It's great that the bulk of you enjoy it but honestly it just sounds as I've said many times before, exhausting (and borderline juvenile that many of you find it so exciting to the point you have nerdgasms showing off your "loot").

I get the thrill of clearance hunting as I spend more time then I'd like to admit doing it--but I'm not looking for $3.xx games so that I can flip them for $5.xx. I'm looking for gems; games that either complete my collection or that I know will complete someone elses and are going to be worth my time.

Honestly I'm not trying to put anyone down but everyonce in awhile it'd be nice to thumb through a clearance section and not have to see pictures of users showcasing their stash of junk games.

[quote name='GBAstar']Yes Gamestop is a company that employees thousands of people and takes risk; although honestly their risk is low because the majority of people are stupid and trade games in for pennies on the dollars allowing gamestop to make big profits.

For the individual person their is no risk. You can ho hum around digging through clearance bins, pull up the trade in value and waste an afternoon to make a few dollars in credit and if you're smart you already have a way to convert credit to money.

To me though that sounds exhausting.

There are always a few trade-ins worth doing where a retailer will have a game on clearance and another will be offering a premium trade in value but the majority of what is discussed here is talking about dollars. I mean really.. that does sound exhausting. And you have to factor in time to go to one store and then the other, time to research trade in values, time to deal with employees, traffic and the cost of gas, tax and converting credit. Remember to spend that credit...

It's great that the bulk of you enjoy it but honestly it just sounds as I've said many times before, exhausting (and borderline juvenile that many of you find it so exciting to the point you have nerdgasms showing off your "loot").

I get the thrill of clearance hunting as I spend more time then I'd like to admit doing it--but I'm not looking for $3.xx games so that I can flip them for $5.xx. I'm looking for gems; games that either complete my collection or that I know will complete someone elses and are going to be worth my time.

Honestly I'm not trying to put anyone down but everyonce in awhile it'd be nice to thumb through a clearance section and not have to see pictures of users showcasing their stash of junk games.[/QUOTE]

Oh I agree about finding treasure. I just got Kane and lynch 2 and d blob 2 for 10$ combined cause I acually want to play them (boy Kane and lynch 2's hit detection sucks) but if I also see something to make some extra credit on then im doin it :)

[quote name='strait edge follower']Oh I agree about finding treasure. I just got Kane and lynch 2 and d blob 2 for 10$ combined cause I acually want to play them (boy Kane and lynch 2's hit detection sucks) but if I also see something to make some extra credit on then im doin it :)[/QUOTE]

No I get it.

On another note I bought Kane and Lynch 2 (PS3) many months ago for $10 from Newegg solely for the campaign co-op (there are so few good offline split screen co-op games this generation) and wasn't able to play more then five minutes into the game as it would consistently freeze my console.

It would work great if everyone just type the title of the game, what system it's for, the purchase price and if it floats your boat, the location. Also possibly helpful to note if the UPC was a sticker over the original UPC. Gift card and coupon offers should be useful too.

Then people can go to other threads set up for "bragging", "flipping", "crying" and "name calling".

Maybe there would be more input here? Definitely less crap.

See my point now? I'm not trying to sound like I'm on a high horse. I'm just hoping people start to realize how ridiculous it is.[/QUOTE]
Man, you're a pain. If the Kmart is only 2 miles away like it is for me, it isn't a big deal. Not only that, if you have something else to do in that area, then the gas isn't even a concern.

[quote name='Fukurou']Man, you're a pain. If the Kmart is only 2 miles away like it is for me, it isn't a big deal. Not only that, if you have something else to do in that area, then the gas isn't even a concern.[/QUOTE]

My Kmart is less then two miles away. I am very organized and keep all my coupons/gift cards/receipts organized as well.

That being said it could realistically take an hour for me to go two miles (not because of the traffic) to Kmart and find an employee to ring me up and then get back home.

If you plan on going to another store to trade those games in that is more time dealing with associates, more gas, etc.

EXHAUSTING.

In less time I could have bought a 4GB Kinect bundle from Kmart.com for $250; gotten a $50 Gaming Coupon and 15% back in SYWR Points (Cyber coupon sent to SYWR customs) earned cash back on the purchase (another ~ $10)

AND make more off that single transaction by reselling the console for a profit not including the $50 Coupon or $37.50 in SYWR points and NEVER HAVE TO LEAVE MY HOUSE.

But I wouldn't be able to tell tall tales and take pictures and sing "kumbaya" around the CAG flippers/hoarders campfire would I?

Flipping is your call ultimately. You do what you have to do to support your gaming habit. I work full time, and I do the occasional trade in, but I haven't traded in a game in quite some time. I do plan on selling some Wii-U's though. Can't deny there's some money to be made there. To each his own I guess.

[quote name='kraftwerks']After combing through 8 kmarts between Syracuse, Rochester, and Buffalo; i finally found a PS3 3d display. It was at the last kmart i was going to hit too. $112 at the Delaware ave store in Buffalo. It was marked $375.
Also got a Little Big Planet 2 Move bundle for $18.
Would have liked to get a controller bundle, but not a single one was to be found.[/QUOTE]

Nice find. That store is normally dry when it comes to clearance. I hate how dirty that store is as well. Do you know if the Rock Band keyboard bundles are still $40?

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Nice find. That store is normally dry when it comes to clearance. I hate how dirty that store is as well. Do you know if the Rock Band keyboard bundles are still $40?[/QUOTE]

Yes, they are $40, but only for the 360. I was just there on Friday. That place is so dirty...I didn't even care to ask for price checks, I wanted to get out of there.

I dont see your point..you dont just purchase one game.. if you are doing flipping right, you purchase all of them.. and even if its a minor flip like $2 on a game, you purchase it to make up for gas and time.. then take your games to best buy and turn them into VISAs.. swipe the visa card in square app to send to bank account.. repeat

[quote name='SynGamer']Yes, they are $40, but only for the 360. I was just there on Friday. That place is so dirty...I didn't even care to ask for price checks, I wanted to get out of there.[/QUOTE]

I'm not the only one who thinks that then, lol. They're just going to sit there and collect dust. Maybe this time next year, I'll be able to snag one on the cheap side. If I didn't own the game already, I would've bought that bundle in a heartbeat. Thanks for the information though.

Does anyone know how much for sure the MW3 hardened editions are? I've seen conflicting posts on here. There is a PS3 version still left at my local k-mart, but I don't want to pay $100 for it.

Title says it all just left my Kmart here mw3 hardened 360 rung up $99 castlevania Los $59 sad thing is I seen the workers rolling carts and carts of "clearance" games to the back clearance being nothing less than $20 if this store actually had clearance items Its no telling how much I would've spent

[quote name='mitemouse']I dont see your point..you dont just purchase one game.. if you are doing flipping right, you purchase all of them.. and even if its a minor flip like $2 on a game, you purchase it to make up for gas and time.. then take your games to best buy and turn them into VISAs.. swipe the visa card in square app to send to bank account.. repeat[/QUOTE]

I'm sending you a message... I like this idea

man my kmart sucks. they never have clearance like im seeing wiht u guys for chepa yakuza and whatnot. Their idea of cheap is $30 on a game thats been out for 2-3 years. The ONLY deal i ever got at mne was I got DJ hero 1 new, game only, for $2.99. WHich is fine cuz i have DJ hero 2 with the turntable that i got from TRU a long while back for $10.

I usually have awesome luck with clearance but never at kmart. Unless of course they wouldve rang up differently at the register but iw asnt bringing a bunch of game sup, asking what their prices are, all because a forum post said thye were cheap. lol I'd need more proof and their online prices werent helping cuz they werent at clearance either.

It's not bad to get off the couch and out of the house for a change.

[quote name='nietzsche74']It's not bad to get off the couch and out of the house for a change.[/QUOTE]

I wish I had the time to sit on it. This weekend I had two photoshoots and was out of town for days, which is why I had the ability to hit up five kmarts.

The flipping thing does get old to talk about, I get it. I jus loathe it because it's flat out rude in my eyes. Of all the stores I visited, I could have bought ten times more than what I did. One store had ten more clearance games from the sale, and many copies of each. What did I do? If I didn't know anyone who wanted it, I didn't touch it.

You may have seen my haul photos. The most I bought was two of one game, because a friend was hunting with me, and we game together. I choose to live life by the golden rule, I'm not going buy a store out of something to make $10 or even $50. It isn't worth it to me to take the enjoyment of the find and the game/item itself away from someone else.

bread's done
Back