New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Or scan it from my phone lol.[/QUOTE]

I've had issues with the Kmart readers pulling UPC's off of my phone (Razr Maxx). Guess it depends on the phone.

Almost 2/3 of the clearance games at my store have those white UPC stickers over the actual stickers. They ring up as 14.99 or 19.99 rather than at a clearance price.

[quote name='bgame2']Almost 2/3 of the clearance games at my store have those white UPC stickers over the actual stickers. They ring up as 14.99 or 19.99 rather than at a clearance price.[/QUOTE]

Anyone have a list of decent 14.99 or 19.99 games to buy with the coupons? I saw Binary Domain PS3 for 14.99 and Stuntman Ignition PS3 for 19.99.

[quote name='bgame2']Almost 2/3 of the clearance games at my store have those white UPC stickers over the actual stickers. They ring up as 14.99 or 19.99 rather than at a clearance price.[/QUOTE]

My Target slams the clearance sticker over the original UPCs as well.

Prevents you from being able to find out the true price...they get to sell it for what they want even if it should be cheaper.

[quote name='caMOFOg']Anyone have a list of decent 14.99 or 19.99 games to buy with the coupons? I saw Binary Domain PS3 for 14.99 and Stuntman Ignition PS3 for 19.99.[/QUOTE]

Sonic Generations for 360 is $19.99 is probably one of the better ones I've seen and recall.

So as of last night, the coupons were still hit or miss correct?

Also, I saw Infamous 2 for 14.99 I believe. That's a decent one.

[quote name='bgame2']So as of last night, the coupons were still hit or miss correct?

Also, I saw Infamous 2 for 14.99 I believe. That's a decent one.[/QUOTE]

Infamous 2 rang up for 19.99 for me. Im using one of my coupons to get it for the nice price of 5$ :)

So I just got back from a Kmart store. I went to purchase some of the penny games and they told me that they couldn't sell them for that price. The front end manager said they could sell them to me for 90% off the lowest sticker price. I said that was fine. She then proceeded to change her mind and said it was 90% off the highest sticker price. Then she said, "Do you work for Kmart?" I said, "Nope." Then she said, "How did you get so smart?"

She then kept on threatening to take the games away from me. This lady was incredibly rude. Probably one of the worst experiences I've had at any retail store.

[quote name='The Highlander']So I just got back from a Kmart store. I went to purchase some of the penny games and they told me that they couldn't sell them for that price. The front end manager said they could sell them to me for 90% off the lowest sticker price. I said that was fine. She then proceeded to change her mind and said it was 90% off the highest sticker price. Then she said, "Do you work for Kmart?" I said, "Nope." Then she said, "How did you get so smart?"

She then kept on threatening to take the games away from me. This lady was incredibly rude. Probably one of the worst experiences I've had at any retail store.[/QUOTE]

I woulc have thrown the game at her face, that biotch

I was at Kmart today and they had hundreds and hundreds of new clearance games all with those "generic" upc stickers.

I'm guessing that's why clearance got good again all of a sudden. So they could make room for this stuff which will never, ever drop in price. To be fair there were some nice titles mixed in like Yakuza Dead Souls, Binary Domain, Golden Sun DS ($15 each) and Aliens Infestation ($10) but still.

[quote name='The Highlander']So I just got back from a Kmart store. I went to purchase some of the penny games and they told me that they couldn't sell them for that price. The front end manager said they could sell them to me for 90% off the lowest sticker price. I said that was fine. She then proceeded to change her mind and said it was 90% off the highest sticker price. Then she said, "Do you work for Kmart?" I said, "Nope." Then she said, "How did you get so smart?"

She then kept on threatening to take the games away from me. This lady was incredibly rude. Probably one of the worst experiences I've had at any retail store.[/QUOTE]

Correct response to her question - "By not working here."

Went to mine and amazingly all the items I scanned came back as the price listed. That's a first and I was very disappointed. They have tons of Epic Mickey Collector's Editions just sitting there and have been for months and the price hasn't change a cent.

You should have told her you were a secret shopper.

Ds car charger 3.99
Ds stylus pack (reg silver looking ones) 4.99
Ds stylus pack (colored one) 4.99
Ds game case (one that lets you switch the games in the ds without taking the cart out) 5.99

[quote name='Haim_Erej']I found an old XBox live starter kit with PGR and 12 month Live card yesterday for $25.[/QUOTE]

Grabbed one as well (my friend got the remaining one). Used the $15 coupons from last week and got them for $10.59 each :cool:

They pretty much have the worst customer service of any retailer and their stores aren't well maintained. It really shows why they have been struggling for years. They are pretty much on deaths doorstep and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they folded in the near future.

I bought a video game from them once. Horrible experience. It took seriously 15 minutes for someone with keys to open up a display case and then they argued the price with me even though it was clearly marked down. Swore I'd never buy another game there again and never have.

K-Mart's just all over the place with clearances. I was out of town about an hour away from home this weekend and visited a K-Mart out there to find this:

icVcQl.jpg

And they rang up $15, what the hell K-mart, why do you do this to yourself

[quote name='ohnoitschris']K-Mart's just all over the place with clearances. I was out of town about an hour away from home this weekend and visited a K-Mart out there to find this:

icVcQl.jpg

And they rang up $15, what the hell K-mart, why do you do this to yourself[/QUOTE]

If you see some kind of "value" price sticker on them then for the most part forget it. If you look at the back of those (or any others) and you see another sticker barcode over top of the regular bar code then it's going to ring up higher.

[quote name='ohnoitschris']K-Mart's just all over the place with clearances. I was out of town about an hour away from home this weekend and visited a K-Mart out there to find this:

icVcQl.jpg

And they rang up $15, what the hell K-mart, why do you do this to yourself[/QUOTE]

This is some type of "special buy" product. Another CAG said K-Mart did this last year. I agree that this should not be in clearance but people will buy it b/c, "OMG! It's in the clearance bin!"

Picked up fight night champion for 9.99 yesterday. Never played a FN game so I thought I'd give it a shot. I don't have any idea if this is the going rate or not.

Picked up a wireless mic for the 360 two weeks ago for 6.99 and dungeon siege iii for 9.99.

Picked up dragon age 2 for 360 for 4.97. I should have gone to the store earlier - everything was wiped out. Passed on 9.97 dungeon seige 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Want something worse than Shadowrun? 2 closest K-Marts to me each have at least one copy of Two Worlds for 360 on clearance for like $38. Not the sequel either, we're talking the original Two Worlds. Released in 2007. 2007. 5 years ago.

[quote name='derrtaysouth95']My Target slams the clearance sticker over the original UPCs as well.

Prevents you from being able to find out the true price...they get to sell it for what they want even if it should be cheaper.[/QUOTE]

:lol: It's their store. They can sell it for whatever the hell price they want to sell it for.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']I was at Kmart today and they had hundreds and hundreds of new clearance games all with those "generic" upc stickers.

I'm guessing that's why clearance got good again all of a sudden. So they could make room for this stuff which will never, ever drop in price. To be fair there were some nice titles mixed in like Yakuza Dead Souls, Binary Domain, Golden Sun DS ($15 each) and Aliens Infestation ($10) but still.[/QUOTE]

All of these games with "Value" stickers and new generic UPC stickers are most likely bought in bulk from another vendor and not old games from that specific store that haven't sold (and thus not clearance games). These are usually called "front lane" or "Value" games, which is why you usually see them in a bin towards the front of the store, by the registers. Though that particular store could have clearance copies of the same game available, along with the "value" game copies that scan for the higher price of the generic UPC.

Picked up a wwf DS case with stylus for .49.

PSP go USB .97
PSP go A/C .97

Saw 2 keypads, that must have been out of system and the kid would only give me 70% off retail.

Received an e-mail for SYWR coupons. Last coupon is "earn $10 in points on $10 or more purchase at Kmart or Sears." However, when I "load" the coupon into my account and view it in the , sears is mentioned only.:whistle2:?

IMPORTANT INFO!! regarding MASS. and RHODE ISLAND "Black Friday - Thursday" K-Mart Sales! For those wondering (if it hasn't been mentioned already) K-Mart is closed on Thursday in Massachusetts and Rhode Island (those two i know for sure, YMMV) due to a new law. So those states mentioned local K-marts are having their Thursday sale TODAY. So get to it CAG's. I picked up a copy of Max Payne 3 this afternoon for only $8.99. (RI CAG here)

[quote name='nietzsche74']Received an e-mail for SYWR coupons. Last coupon is "earn $10 in points on $10 or more purchase at Kmart or Sears." However, when I "load" the coupon into my account and view it in the , sears is mentioned only.:whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

Sears Holdings owns K-mart, all of there coupons and SYWR points should be redeemable by both stores. I used a Kmart coupon/Points at sears once and vise-versa (i work at a Kmart). But YMMV as is with everything Sears related.

[quote name='sweatysides']IMPORTANT INFO!! regarding MASS. and RHODE ISLAND "Black Friday - Thursday" K-Mart Sales! For those wondering (if it hasn't been mentioned already) K-Mart is closed on Thursday in Massachusetts and Rhode Island (those two i know for sure, YMMV) due to a new law. So those states mentioned local K-marts are having their Thursday sale TODAY. So get to it CAG's. I picked up a copy of Max Payne 3 this afternoon for only $8.99. (RI CAG here)[/QUOTE]
Can you confirm if the PS3 versions of Max Payne 3 and La Noire are $8.99 as well?

[quote name='UNC5052']Can you confirm if the PS3 versions of Max Payne 3 and La Noire are $8.99 as well?[/QUOTE]

sorry for late response, i CANNOT confirm the same for PS3 copies of each game. Seeing how as the prices were dramatically different between game console "same games" in the last "BIG" Clearance event Kmart held. I highly doubt the price would be the same for PS3 copies if not directly mentioned in the ad.

[quote name='sweatysides']sorry for late response, i CANNOT confirm the same for PS3 copies of each game. Seeing how as the prices were dramatically different between game console "same games" in the last "BIG" Clearance event Kmart held. I highly doubt the price would be the same for PS3 copies if not directly mentioned in the ad.[/QUOTE]

Well this is different than a clearance. Wonder if I could call a K-mart in RI or MA to confirm this? Different sites are reporting different things. Would be weird for them to just have one version on sale.

Picked up The 3rd Birthday and Vanquish for $4.97 each, both were marked at $9.xx so I was surprised and pleased to have them discounted but I still hate Kmart and their horrible systems for marking things down at random or not at all. Also got Deus Ex HR for $7 even though sticker said $19.99 >_> good day for me.

[quote name='simplylemonade']Also got Vanquish for 5. Deus Ex HR still 20 around here :(

Last week picked up Fear 3 for 10 and Samurai Warriors Chronicles for 5.[/QUOTE]

Anyone know what games are on sale for kmart?
Anyone have a list of games that is good with the $15 off coupon?

[quote name='nietzsche74']Received an e-mail for SYWR coupons. Last coupon is "earn $10 in points on $10 or more purchase at Kmart or Sears." However, when I "load" the coupon into my account and view it in the , sears is mentioned only.:whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

I've just spent over $10.50 @ Kmart and have yet to see $10 in points in my account.

[quote name='nietzsche74']I've just spent over $10.50 @ Kmart and have yet to see $10 in points in my account.[/QUOTE]

I currently have an issue with points too. According to SYWR customer service the points could take up to 30 days to show up in the account. I suggest giving them a call though.

Picked up Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, Playstation Move Heroes, Yakuza 4 and Vanquish (all for PS3) for $4.97 each today.

Also picked up L.A. Noire (regular for PS3) which rang up for $10.99.

And finally, picked up Atari Greatest Hits, Vol. 1 for the DS for $9.99 (marked down from a clearance tag of 19.99).

EDIT...

Correction, Atari Greatest Hits, Vol. 1 was $9.97.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found a copy of Hulk: Ultimate Destruction (or whatever it's called) for the original Xbox earlier this week.

Price was $39.99...

It has been over 24 hours since making my qualifying purchase and the 10$ in promised points have yet to be added to my account.

I've had problems with not getting my points before call their help number normally they can fix it in a couple minutes. And most of the time the points are supposed to post instantly.

This might be a lost cause at this point, but has anybody spotted any GoW Origins + Red DualShock 3 bundles at Kmart? I've gone to three Kmarts in MA but I still can't find a single one.

If anyone finds one & is willing to work out a trade/Paypal please PM me!

bread's done
Back